Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sligo1 wrote: »
    You know... Was just thinking... The feral cat situation may be grounds to get your deposit back on terminating the lease. Health and safety and all that? And big risk of toxoplasmosis in pregant women which is well known and documented in the literature. If its a pest issue that was there before ye moved in? Do you have recent documentation of asking him to remove the source? I can't imagine him removing these any time soon..... But I'm not sure about this one... Perhaps post in the accommodation forum and ask? They'd advise you a lot better than me on this one... Or ring Threshold?

Don't really have documentation of us asking him to do much of anything :-/ It was mentioned to him twice while he was in the house fixing the leaking shower about the cats. The day we moved in there was a litter and a mother cat in there! As for the boiler, same again - it was arranged via text, but we do still have the text saying that it would be fitted and installed this evening (that's all we really have since most of it was done over the phone).
    Managed to source some pictures of this other house from when it was last on the rental market (November just gone) and it seems 100%. All the rooms are freshly painted, the carpets are new, the windows and doors are PVC double glazed, and there is a new cooker and washing machine. Not to mention the new double bed, fridge-freezer and suite of furniture he's promised us if we want to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

cyning wrote: »
    I hadn't until I got one either... Burst after about 3 days, and was on antibiotics for a week... They do get quite big. I can't imagine what it's like with no painkillers :( they did warn me it might flare again but never has thank god: totally disgusting.

Really hope it feels better soon: I used use an ice pack to help with the pain too

Ouch! Am hoping it might burst but I just want whatever is best for my body /least invasive for baby! Thanks for the ice pack suggestion, am going to try that this evening xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Anytime I cough it feels like my muscles are separating :\ Ouchies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Having this stupid cold with my stupid weak pelvic floor muscles has literally made me cry :( I'd nearly put money on me needing that goddamn awful machine again after this baba gets here. I've been anal about my pelvic floor exercises, to no avail apparently.

Just got told I dont get another scan until 32 weeks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That sucks, I really think anatomy scans between 18-22 weeks should be the standard scan in all hospitals in Ireland... I know they say the dating scan is the important one but there's nothing like peace of mind knowing baby is ok.

I've been scanned at 12 weeks (dating), 16 weeks (mini scan in consultants room), 20 weeks (anatomy scan), 25 weeks (scan because of family history of cardiac problems) and will be scanned again at 32 weeks for the same as 25 week one. Now granted, I didn't get to see baby at the 25 week scan, just his heart but that's all they were checking out and it was reassurance that everything was ok.

I'm public in the Coombe by the way so not like I'm paying for private care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

No Anatomy scans in CUMH here either :/ I've managed to get more than most though...Got one at 8 weeks (we had the dates wonky), dating at 12 weeks, another at 16 weeks when I was hospitalised for unknown pain in my side, mini scan at 20 week appointment, and a slightly longer mini scan at 21 weeks after getting hit by a car...

Was quite disappointed to not be getting the proper scan at 20 weeks, we literally got "Oh theres a heartbeat, sure it might be a girl, can't see any boy parts" and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

The Rotunda are very good at giving scans. Have at all the big ones and at each visit they give you a quick little one.

We're going for a 3D one at 22 weeks to find out what we're having. Wasn't going to do it because we thought we were getting the 20 week one, but there is no way I can wait like 4 months to see the baby again!

Kerry is normally one scan!

I've had 4 so far and another next tues... I'm scanned at every appointment because of my dodgy thyroid :) by this stage on my first pregnancy (31 weeks) I would have had maybe 8/9 scans so it's weird not seeing baby as much this time.

Wish this sore throat would clear trying to avoid taking anything but it's getting worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Last week i kept pulling my calf muscle in my left leg. Then one mornibg i woke with a pain in my left foot. It started to get worse as the days went on.
    I mentioned it to my physio when in with her fir my spd and she reckoned it was due to the muscle in my calf is connected to my foot.
    The pain moved then in to my toe. Just one toe. And for the past few days its been killing me. Its swollen and everything. I didnt do anything to hurt my toe but dont know how 1 toe would be connected to pulling the muscle in my calf (which i havent done in days)
    Its even slightly blue/red.
    Also not connected but have a huge spot on my shoulder. Even my hand bag or seat belt hurts.
    And i could have shares in gaviscon at this rate.
    Ugh moan moan moan....
    Chocolate time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I got an anatomy scan in CUMH on first pregnancy only. Twas pretty cool though.

In fairness, scans are something we are not short of. I had one at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks and 32 weeks so far. All public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Limerick only do 2 routine scans aswell- 12 and 31 weeks, it's ridiculous that they don't do a 20 week anomaly scan as standard :( God forbid, if there was anything wrong, 31 weeks is a bit late to be finding out.

Due to complications, I've had 4 scans so far and I must say, even though it's awful to have the worry of being ill, it's good to have the peace of mind that the baby is doing well :) Do private patients get more scans or is it the same across the board as per hospital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Oh I love being pregnant. It's glorious. Aside from the bloating, gas, teenage acne covering 78% of my body, headaches, backaches, nausea, mood swings, exhaustion, mood swings, constipation, motherfuppin MOOD SWINGS and all round loss of control of my own body, it's just the best time of my life.

O.o

:pac:

:o

^^^ Joking aside, I'm really struggling with my moods. I didn't know the real meaning of the phrase "emotional rollercoaster" until now. Does anyone else get really bad swings/ feel periodically very down or am I just going a little crazy?

Jerrica wrote: »
    ^^^ Joking aside, I'm really struggling with my moods. I didn't know the real meaning of the phrase "emotional rollercoaster" until now. Does anyone else get really bad swings/ feel periodically very down or am I just going a little crazy?

I was having them a while ago, but I've mostly calmed down.
    I'm in a good mood all the time, but I have noticed that I am very, very easily agitated and get stressed out and worried at the drop of a hat. Very impatient too.
    I've to get keys to look at this new place tomorrow, and have driven past it twice now just to see if the back garden was fenced in. Keep hassling my mother to get in touch with him to ask him questions that I would have the answer to if I just waited until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Jerrica wrote: »

Ummmm YES! I was psycho with my boy! I'm a lot calmer this time but still all over the place. Burst out cryin this morning coz I thought there was too much clutter in the house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'm dosed with a sore throat an cold! Hope I'm not getting a chest infection. Had a bit of a mental breakdown this morning and started crying about the house being messy and clutter everywhere. It's not actually that bad... But I try to keep it pretty tidy. I was balling my eyes out. Thank god OH came in and gave me a hug... Usually id roar at him but it really relaxed me and calmed me down a bit.

I can't get anything done because LO is still not really napping. He's getting up at 8am and only taking about a 30 min nap. Can't get any washing, cooking, cleaning or organising done for when new baby comes. Just feel like I've so much to do but can't do anything.

Think I just feel totally out of control or something. When I was getting ready for my first baby I had all the time in the world to get the house sorted, rooms organised, clutter organised etc... And now with a 1 year old who needs constant attention I can't do anything.... Think it's coz I'm sick aswell :(.
    Sorry for the rant....

My abscess finally reached the agonising size of a golf ball last night and ruptured this morning. I cannot describe the relief when it happened, last night I was unable to walk or sit and although I've an incredibly high pain threshold I was in floods of tears, apparently the standard drug for treating this type of abscess is morphine so free-balling it without even a paracetamol makes me hard as nails I reckon! :D Going to see consultant gynaecologist in morning as will need antibiotics and possibly a procedure, I don't mind, I am actually elated and slightly euphoric being pain free after a really horrifying 36 hours!

Oh I'm delighted it burst... Mine didn't get quite that big... Seriously like one of the more painful things I've ever been through and I didn't do it while pregnant so your amazing ;) I was dosed up on lots of different things so again amazing!

Labour will be a breeze after that!!

• Advertisement

Aww thank you my dear, it's lovely to talk to someone who has been through it as the pain was inhuman! Yes, hopefully good prep for labour after all of that!!

Hope your sore throat is improving? Have you tried honey and lemon?

I'm having hot honey and hot 7up because seriously lemons making me gag: yay... Haha I'm so full of moans it not even funny... It is a bit better but still coughing a lot which is driving me nuts!

You poor thing. Maybe some cough sweets might help? Hopefully it will pass soon!

I need to sleep on my back... now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I need to sleep on my back... now!

Ha I remember posting similar a few months ago! :D I just couldn't stop sleeping on my back. I said it to the doctor and a few midwives though and they all said that as long as it was comfortable for me, it was fine to sleep on my back right up until nine months.

Ha I remember posting similar a few months ago! :D I just couldn't stop sleeping on my back. I said it to the doctor and a few midwives though and they all said that as long as it was comfortable for me, it was fine to sleep on my back right up until nine months.

I keep getting scaremongered into not doing it - too much internet reading :P
    I usually sleep on my stomach or sides, stomach is just too uncomfortable and I get pains in my hips and legs if I lie on one side for too long, and the only way to relieve it is to lie on my back and stretch :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've found myself just waking up that way in the mornings... and I could never ever sleep on my back before I got pregnant!

Just been made cry by the interview with the woman who works for the milk bank in Fermanagh. Wasn't even a very emotional piece, but her mentioning women whose babies don't make it and they donate and save others... absolute mess!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I keep getting scaremongered into not doing it - too much internet reading :P
    I usually sleep on my stomach or sides, stomach is just too uncomfortable and I get pains in my hips and legs if I lie on one side for too long, and the only way to relieve it is to lie on my back and stretch :o

my brother is a paramedic, he told me if you are lying on your back to place a cushion under your right bum. this is what they do in the ambulance.

something to do with the main vein and blood flow or something like that. i kinda shut him out when he starts talking about the 100's of babies he has delievered.
    I sleep on my side with a body pillow between my legs, to balance my hips and it takes the weight my "bump" which is tbh barely visible but it makes a huge difference

John Mason wrote: »
    my brother is a paramedic, he told me if you are lying on your back to place a cushion under your right bum. this is what they do in the ambulance.

something to do with the main vein and blood flow or something like that. i kinda shut him out when he starts talking about the 100's of babies he has delievered.
    I sleep on my side with a body pillow between my legs, to balance my hips and it takes the weight my "bump" which is tbh barely visible but it makes a huge difference

Might have to look into a body pillow!
    Getting shocked looks of people now, and a few are going nuts because I'm not getting a 20 week scan, hospital don't provide another one until I am 32 weeks! Actually got told I must have made a mistake, because it's not allowed and everyone has to have a 20 week scan :o

• Advertisement

Actually got told I must have made a mistake, because it's not allowed and everyone has to have a 20 week scan :o

Ah, you're getting to experience that fantastic phenomenon of everyone else being an expert on your pregnancy. The fun of it!

Advertisement