Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

John Mason wrote: »
    I sleep on my side with a body pillow between my legs, to balance my hips and it takes the weight my "bump" which is tbh barely visible but it makes a huge difference

I got a gift of a body pillow and I'm alarmingly excited to start using it. Like, Christmas-Eve-as-a-six-year-old excited. I'm not right in the head :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Jerrica wrote: »
    Ah, you're getting to experience that fantastic phenomenon of everyone else being an expert on your pregnancy. The fun of it!

It's delightful! My baby would be dead 20 times over if it weren't for the helpful people who smacked peanuts out of my hand, who told me I wasn't getting enough caffeine to give the baby energy, who told me I was exhausted because I hadn't been drinking Guinness like the advised me to and, my favourite one - "Oh, you might want to go back to the hospital sweetie, the baby facing down like that in a scan isn't normal, it's a sign miscarriage is starting".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    my favourite one - "Oh, you might want to go back to the hospital sweetie, the baby facing down like that in a scan isn't normal, it's a sign miscarriage is starting".

:O

Why would anyone feel thats a good thing to say to a pregnant woman??

:O

Why would anyone feel thats a good thing to say to a pregnant woman??

Apparently she thought I deserved to know, and she felt it was "insensitive" of the sonographer to not tell me that. She really hurt my feelings, mostly because I had never seen a downward-facing baby before, and thought it was weird. Lady who did the scan assured me that by the time I got off the bed-thing, baby would have moved again, but this nasty piece of work (who I am obviously having nothing more to do with) seemed to think that she knew best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

my favourite one - "Oh, you might want to go back to the hospital sweetie, the baby facing down like that in a scan isn't normal, it's a sign miscarriage is starting".

Get. The Fock. Out. Someone actually said that to you? Jesus I'd have let rip with my psycho pregnancy hormones. How flipping dare someone say that to you. You definitely don't need someone who is so liberally obnoxious with their advise in your life for the forseeable. Jesus. Sure the sonographer had me trying to practically bounce off the bed to get Lulu to do somersaults at the scan to try and measure the nuchal whatchamacallit, s/he was doing handstands half the time. What an insensitive bint. I'm raging for you!

• Advertisement

Jerrica wrote: »
    Get. The Fock. Out. Someone actually said that to you? Jesus I'd have let rip with my psycho pregnancy hormones. How flipping dare someone say that to you. You definitely don't need someone who is so liberally obnoxious with their advise in your life for the forseeable. Jesus. Sure the sonographer had me trying to practically bounce off the bed to get Lulu to do somersaults at the scan to try and measure the nuchal whatchamacallit, s/he was doing handstands half the time. What an insensitive bint. I'm raging for you!

Luckily she was no friend of mine, she's a friend of my partner's. It's since come out that she's jealous she's not the one pregnant with his baby, but her rotten personality might have something to do with it :cool:

Seriously, I was so glad that I had the balls to ask at the scan why the baby was facing that way, or else I imagine she would have upset me much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

:mad: That is shocking shashabear! People telling me what I should/shouldn't do has been one of the more maddening aspects of pregnancy, mainly because I'm very headstrong and independent but partly because half the people I've gotten ridiculous 'advice' from are male/childless/nosy/elderly.... OHs dad is a terror for it, although I think his missus has him warned against saying anything in front of me (just as well cos I'd tell him to f off out of it) :o He's lovely and I know he means well but some of the shìte he comes out with is so off the wall I don't know where he gets it from :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Might have to look into a body pillow!
    Getting shocked looks of people now, and a few are going nuts because I'm not getting a 20 week scan, hospital don't provide another one until I am 32 weeks! Actually got told I must have made a mistake, because it's not allowed and everyone has to have a 20 week scan :o

I am 25 weeks, I only told work last week and lots of people didn't believe me:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I fell down the stupid stairs today and literally ache all over from my head to my toes.

And everyone keeps telling me I'm MASSIVE and am I sure it's not twins? I'm 7 months pregnant there's going to be 20 months between my two of course I'm massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Crikey, are you alright? :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh ya I'm fine and baby fine just sore :) have a scan tomorrow anyway, and went to gp to get checked out! Not taking any risks :)

You poor thing! Right to get checked out and glad that everything is ok! The stairs in our house are really steep so I'm nervous about them already and when I grow much bigger, have visions of shimmying down on my boot-aaay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning wrote: »
    Oh ya I'm fine and baby fine just sore :) have a scan tomorrow anyway, and went to gp to get checked out! Not taking any risks :)

o my gosh! Hope you're ok! Definitely right to get checked out. Hope all goes ok in scan tomorrow.

I shimmy down with my 18 month old at the moment: it's been suggested once or twice I may need to start doing it all of the time... It looks very funny trust me ;)

I'd give anything to be in bed now but instead I'm up watching Barney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

There's nothing scarier than falling when pregnant. 4 days before I had Jack I fell out the back door carrying water to the dog. Was only 3 steps and managed to miss the bump too all the weight on one knee. Had stitches which made given birth awful tryin to bend the knee. I was so worried about bump though. I would take it easy though.

I'm nearly 7 months and I'm now the same size as I was with Jack at this point and there will be just about 12 months between these pair. I only carry a bump luckily and Jack was 7lb and they say this one is small too.

My moan is SPD is killing me I should have given the body time to get back to normal after number 1 I was told it would take 12 weeks. Course I was pregnant within 8 to 10 weeks lol.

What is SPD Synyster?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

cyning wrote: »
    I fell down the stupid stairs today and literally ache all over from my head to my toes.

And everyone keeps telling me I'm MASSIVE and am I sure it's not twins? I'm 7 months pregnant there's going to be 20 months between my two of course I'm massive.

Hope your ok !!! Scary !!!!

Everyone looks at my bump and go WOAH your Hugeeeee ! Have your dates right .. are you sure its not twins etc

Am I have a bump and nothing else AND im 30 weeks grrr stupid nosey people !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ouch merkin. I had to google that and wish i didnt. Sounds sore.
    Cyning glad your ok. Id say thats was scary.
    Spd is symphsis pubis dysfunction (sp?) It causes pain in the pubic area and/or lower back and hips. It is sore. Very. Mine has finally eased off but i wear a serola belt every day and had been seeing a physio .
    Synyster my daughter was 14 months when i became pregnant and i still got it. I didnt have it at all first time.
    Im still getting away with alot of my pre pregnancy clothes. And still getting to close a size 12 coat over my bump. Most people say im very neat or are shocked when i say im 31 weeks but my mil thinks i look huge.
    Funny how peoples views differ.
    Im so tired. My 21 month old is sick again and was up half the night. Just wants to be carried and cuddled. Id say i will be sore later.

A tiny part of me hopes I get to experience some of this stuff that women complain about (and rightly so!) when pregnant before I have this baby.

I keep telling myself it can't be this easy. I had a total of two weeks of trouble literally a week after I found out I was pregnant and other than that it's been an absolute breeze!

Suucee wrote: »
    Spd is symphsis pubis dysfunction (sp?) It causes pain in the pubic area and/or lower back and hips. It is sore. Very. Mine has finally eased off but i wear a serola belt every day and had been seeing a physio .
    Synyster my daughter was 14 months when i became pregnant and i still got it. I didnt have it at all first time.
    Im still getting away with alot of my pre pregnancy clothes. And still getting to close a size 12 coat over my bump. Most people say im very neat or are shocked when i say im 31 weeks but my mil thinks i look huge.
    Im so tired. My 21 month old is sick again and was up half the night. Just wants to be carried and cuddled. Id say i will be sore later.

Thanks Suucee, Im so glad it's over, it's the worst pain I've ever encountered, still a little shell shocked and glad to be signed off work for a few days!!

SPD sounds absolutely awful, it must make day to day tasks very painful. Big hugs to you and Synyster, hope things improve xx

• Advertisement

Thanks Suucee, Im so glad it's over, it's the worst pain I've ever encountered, still a little shell shocked and glad to be signed off work for a few days!!

SPD sounds absolutely awful, it must make day to day tasks very painful. Big hugs to you and Synyster, hope things improve xx

Merkin wrote: »

Mine has passed now thankfully but during the bad spell i was on a crutch and had to often get OH up during the night to help me to the loo. The worst was getting stuck in bed not being able to move OH was downstairs watching tv and couldnt hear me i couldnt reach my phone. I actually thought i was going to wet the bed as i was dying to go to the loo. But eventually managed to turn over and get my phone.
    It used to really get me down not being able to do things especially play with my daughter but it has passed now. Fingers crossed it doesnt come back.

Merkin wrote: »

Mine has passed now thankfully but during the bad spell i was on a crutch and had to often get OH up during the night to help me to the loo. The worst was getting stuck in bed not being able to move OH was downstairs watching tv and couldnt hear me i couldnt reach my phone. I actually thought i was going to wet the bed as i was dying to go to the loo. But eventually managed to turn over and get my phone.
    It used to really get me down not being able to do things especially play with my daughter but it has passed now. Fingers crossed it doesnt come back.

I cried again today.... Watching Home and Away....

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I cried again today.... Watching Home and Away....

In fairness it was really sad and totally cryable at ;)

Poor Romeo.... Poor Indi....

Ah dont ruin it. Ive it recorded but never got a chance to watch it. Been watching peppa pig all day.

Ah dont ruin it. Ive it recorded but never got a chance to watch it. Been watching peppa pig all day.

Sorry... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Was very sad alright. Thought i was just having an emotional day :-)

Advertisement