Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Back pain that starts in my boobs, straight through and down through my whole back from upper neck to lower back. This doesn't even make any sense, but its like someone has stuck me on a kebab stick in multiple areas...

Not helping with the crying and feeling like absolute crap :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Can`t sleep, again. Its so uncomfortable. Don`t know how to lie and always when I found a good position five minutes later its uncomfortable again. OH doesn`t help at all when he comes over to my side and wants to cuddle with me. He is like a brick wall and I cant move with this f...g spd. Oh and I am sick of this need to pee and all what comes out are a few drops. And by back hurts. argh

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I hear ya on the back pain ... Sitting at work us becoming sooo hard ! The pain at night when trying to turn or bend down to pick stuff up is getting annoying !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Siipina wrote: »
    Can`t sleep, again. Its so uncomfortable. Don`t know how to lie and always when I found a good position five minutes later its uncomfortable again. OH doesn`t help at all when he comes over to my side and wants to cuddle with me. He is like a brick wall and I cant move with this f...g spd. Oh and I am sick of this need to pee and all what comes out are a few drops. And by back hurts. argh

My back is in bits aswell! And the peeing is doing my head in... I'm literally going every 10min! (It's not a uti btw), and then only a few drops. Can't even go for a half hour walk coz as soon as I'm 5 min down the road I get the urge, and then I'm holding it and its horrible until I can get to a toilet!

Sleep has been tough the last couple nights. Had a great sleep last night from midnight until 5am then LO made a noise in his sleep which sounded on the monitor... That was me awake for the rest of the morning... I find it so hard to get back to sleep once I'm woken. Really considering taking the monitor out of LO rooms as he's always making noises in his sleep and waking me up...

Sligo1 wrote: »
    My back is in bits aswell! And the peeing is doing my head in... I'm literally going every 10min! (It's not a uti btw), and then only a few drops. Can't even go for a half hour walk coz as soon as I'm 5 min down the road I get the urge, and then I'm holding it and its horrible until I can get to a toilet!

Oh the peeing ..... same here, its driving me up the wall. Its like my bladder is taking the piss ;-) And to make it worst we don't have a downstairs toilet.

Good thing today: Went for a walk :-) Oh it was so great to leave the house.
    My spd is manageable at the moment so maybe if it stays like this, I`ll go and get a haircut :-) My Dad is coming over on the 27th to "babysit" me cause OH is in Germany. So I wont look to crappy. I am already looking forward to his comments that I put on so much weight.

• Advertisement

Yay for swollen ankles, who knew socks could leave them feeling like they've been cut by chicken wire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Heartburn or indigestion or whatever it is can kindly go away it's awful... It's only at night and so so painful. Poor little babas who get reflux :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

cyning wrote: »
    Heartburn or indigestion or whatever it is can kindly go away it's awful... It's only at night and so so painful. Poor little babas who get reflux :(

I don't even measure the gaviscon these days, just swig from the bottle depending on how severe it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

January wrote: »
    I don't even measure the gaviscon these days, just swig from the bottle depending on how severe it is.

I don't even have any in the house :( just ate another if those mank useless rennies. So glad I don't get this often!

Although hubby pointed out I was like this last time I probably blocked it out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi all,

Hope you're all feeling a bit better today, having been keeping an eye on this thread and god some of you are really suffering, you poor things.

I've been very lucky so far, bar heart burn and tiredness have been doing ok but the last couple of nights my back pain has been getting worse. It's not in my lower back it's around my bra strap and mainly on one side, my normal bras don’t feel too tight. But I’m wondering is this normal and will it be solved once I get bigger bras? I haven’t put on that much weight, I’m nearly 24 weeks and still in my normal clothes (well most of them).

Hope this makes sense, thanks for all replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I have that pain too Mac! Doc said it was probably baby hitting a nerve that feels like pain there. I get it most days, usually if Im sitting for long periods, and most quickly if Im crossing my legs.

I didnt sleep last night cos baby had his foot stuck in my rib AGAIN! I walked around, i stretched - nothing would move him! First time hes done that for the entire night. Wrecked now and have to sit at a sewing machine all day - roll on bra area pain and lower back/ hip pain! Yay:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Newspapers and news reports about pregnancy going wrong for people is all I can seem to hear about on the radio on my work commute, or that people are talking about at work. Poor women and babies. Can't help thinking what a risk we are taking.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/baby-to-be-taken-off-life-support-following-court-order-29921301.html

ah pwurple I hear you. Was the first thing I saw this morning in the news. Poor woman and their babies. In former times childbirth was the most common reason women died. So at least its not that bad anymore. We all will be fine, I am sure :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    Newspapers and news reports about pregnancy going wrong for people is all I can seem to hear about on the radio on my work commute, or that people are talking about at work. Poor women and babies. Can't help thinking what a risk we are taking.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/baby-to-be-taken-off-life-support-following-court-order-29921301.html

That just made me cry! Why am I crying like every single day!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Mac0783 wrote: »
    It's not in my lower back it's around my bra strap and mainly on one side, my normal bras don’t feel too tight. But I’m wondering is this normal and will it be solved once I get bigger bras? I haven’t put on that much weight, I’m nearly 24 weeks and still in my normal clothes (well most of them).[/COLOR]

Hope this makes sense, thanks for all replies

its your rib cage stretching, unfortunately here is nothing you can do about it.

i am in agony with it but mine is probably on the more extreme end, i have dislocated 3 ribs.

i am 25 weeks, and still in regular clothes too. my physio said,its very common with small bumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Got the pram home today and OH hates it :( says its too springy for him, and doesnt like the way it turns. Threw a wobbly when it wouldnt fit into the car when I reminded him its no bigger than most other prams suitable for newborns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

In hospital AGAIN :( They must be sick of the sight of me at this stage. I know it sounds awful but I'd nearly prefer to be just kept in rather than be admitted and released over and over :( I wouldn't mind but apart from these hospital stays, I've had an incredibly easy and painless pregnancy, sods law I suppose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Sorry to hear that Mrs.Postman, what's wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Blood pressure :( No matter how much sitting around watching tv I do, it just won't stay down (I should probably stop watching reruns of ER with the dashing george clooney :o ) They also reckon I have some sort of uti again. I have no other indicators of preeclampsia though thank god so I think they're releasing me again today :) It's strange going from never being in hospital to being in and out the whole time especially when I don't feel ill.

Aww you poor thing. I'd definitely blame Clooney! :) I know it must be a pain but it is a consolation too that your medical team are giving you good care and simply erring on the side of caution.Treat yourself to something nice when they let you out!

• Advertisement

Yay for possible UTI! Letter from Rotunda this morning saying I've to drop back another sample because my last one had protein in it and further tests were inconclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

So according to the hospital i am due tomorrow my dates have me at next week. Going to go by the hospital cos im not 100% on mine. Keep having baths and showers because (TMI ALERT) getting a lot of discharge and just feel unclean and afraid of going into labour feeling like that. Wish baby would hurry up and make an appearance soon :-)

I HATE HEARTBURN! I didn't even eat anything that should flare it up today.

I think I may be out of rennie :(

I think I may be out of rennie :(

I think I'm going to have to ask the doctor for something stronger. Gaviscon just isn't cutting the mustard any longer.

You poor things, heartburn seems to be really common! What stage did you girls get it?

It's been bad pretty much since about 13/14 weeks this time but on my other pregnancies I avoided it until pretty late.

Been getting it really bad since start of second trimester but its after taking on a life of its own (rennie works for about 20 minutes) in the last few weeks, I'm 29 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

40+5 today and back in for a visit this afternoon. Really hope they give me a date to induce do at least i have something to focus on. Would love to go by myself, i thought something was happening yesterday but turned out to be nothing :-( Just want to be heartburn and morning sickness free at this stage :-)

• Advertisement

You poor girls, there is nothing worse. I am 14 weeks today, I'm hoping I won't suffer.

Advertisement