Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

iam only on my 8th week, and am like a zombie wreaked the whole time, and have stared to get morning sickness and it lasts quiet a while :( and iam so thirsty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

karareilly wrote: »
    iam only on my 8th week, and am like a zombie wreaked the whole time, and have stared to get morning sickness and it lasts quiet a while :( and iam so thirsty!!

There is nothing like the tiredness of the first trimester... I have to say it does get easier, still get tired but not so much as the first 12 - 18 weeks... Drink plenty its meant to be good for morning sickness and ginger nut biscuits are great to nibble at... I was more nauseaus than actually getting sick and they worked a treat at settling my tummy... poor you BUT congrats.... I thought id never get to end of my pregnancy and now ive only 3 ish weeks to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

your so lucky clareames only 3 weeks left congrats :) iam only 8 weeks and feel like ive been pregnant ages lol thank god the tiredness gets better, yeah i do vomit but all day i have a very nauseasus feeling most of the day :/ best of luck with your labour hope all goes well :) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

karareilly wrote: »
    your so lucky clareames only 3 weeks left congrats :) iam only 8 weeks and feel like ive been pregnant ages lol thank god the tiredness gets better, yeah i do vomit but all day i have a very nauseasus feeling most of the day :/ best of luck with your labour hope all goes well :) x

Aw you poor thing, you will feel a bit better as time goes on. If you are puking at all, please keep really rehydrated and make sure to up your fluid intake as its important for you and baby.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am 27 weeks, and the night-time peeing never eased up for me.

i am still going up to 6 times a night, plus every 20 mins in evening. :(

Day time is fine, it just resting times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sitting here in a silent rage after my partner snapped at me for telling him to stop working on his day off. Hes worked 15 hours a day every day for the past week and a half and this is his first day off. And he spends it doing someone elses paperwork because it will 'make it easier for everyone'. Might I also add that he only got paid ten hours overtime last week even though he did 28. Im sick of bringing it up to him and preparing for having to manage this child on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Nervous nelly, first pregnancy, second scan Thursday first one was last week only saw gestational sac, she dated baby 5weeks4days less than I thought but possible I've got my dates wrong due to PCOS, I'm really hoping and praying we see more this week, having the usual symptoms all this week so hoping that's a good sign! Peeing, boobs hurt, cramps,nauseous and very tired.

Please god everything ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

^^ Good luck with it pastry hopefully you'll get to see the little heartbeat and put your mind at rest :)

I've been admitted yet again with high bp :( It's constantly fluctuating, mostly ok when I'm resting but as soon as I get up (even just to the loo), it goes right back up. And no sign of protein in my urine :confused: I'm 37 weeks tomorrow so my gp was saying they might induce me, I know it's not ideal but tbh, as long as the baby is healthy and ready, it would be an ease to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

^^ Good luck with it pastry hopefully you'll get to see the little heartbeat and put your mind at rest :)

I've been admitted yet again with high bp :( It's constantly fluctuating, mostly ok when I'm resting but as soon as I get up (even just to the loo), it goes right back up. And no sign of protein in my urine :confused: I'm 37 weeks tomorrow so my gp was saying they might induce me, I know it's not ideal but tbh, as long as the baby is healthy and ready, it would be an ease to me.

Poor you. I know the feeling - I was admitted 3 times with high bp, the last time at 34 weeks and kept til I delivered at 37 weeks.

I also apparently had no protein but that was just on the normal urine dips. Have they asked you to do a 24hour collection? Sometimes this is the only way to properly check the protein. I rarely had protein in my daily checks, or at most +1 but in the 24 hour collection it was .031 and 0.030 is positive. So I was literally just over, and not always enough to register in a basic dip, but there nonetheless. Not that I want you to have PET but sometimes it's better to know for sure one way or the other and then you know what you are dealing with and what needs to be done.

Hope you get home soon.

I did do the 24hr urine test the last time I was in (funny story where a pint jug of my own wee ended up falling, bouncing off the tiled floor and literally saturating the whole bathroom and myself from head to toe :o ) but the results came back just borderline and because my bp had gone back down by the time I got the results, they said it was nothing to worry about. My uric acid has been high though. Were you induced in the end or did you go naturally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I was very similar to you, borderline protein but high uric acid. But because my bp was regularly high without meds they treated me as PET because although some of the indicators were on the border taken all together it indicated pre eclampsia.

I had twins by planned c section at 36+6 because I also had cholestasis and with that they don't recommend letting you go beyond 37 weeks as the risks to both mother and baby(s) increases.

They were talking about inducing me for a vaginal delivery but I wasn't keen - having been on the prenatal ward for 3 weeks I had seen plenty of women induced only for it to take agesoor for labour to slow down. With my bp problems if that happened I would have to have an emergency section. So personally I preferred to eliminate the uncertainty and just plan for a c section from the get go. I would have liked to have a natural delivery and feel a little bit disappointed I couldn't, but there was no sign of my babies coming at 37 weeks and I'm the choice of induction with a strong possibility of an emergency c or a planned c I went for the planned option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I think I'm struggling a lot with pregnancy loneliness :o My husband is brilliant and does what he can, and I'm SO happy to be pregnant, but there aren't many people in my life I can talk to about my growing bump. I try not to talk about it too much with friends (I don't want to be that annoying friend who won't shut up about it!) but all I really want is to have chats with other ladies who've been there or are in the middle of it and who understand the good, bad and ugly. I have a history of depression and while I'm not at all worried that this is what's at play here, I guess I am conscious that I don't want it to snowball into something bigger. Maybe I'm being a big moany hole.

Are there ever meet ups organised through this forum I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We've had parent and toddler meet ups before and pregnant women with their partners (first children) have turned up. Everybody is welcome. We've not had one just for the pregnant ladies before but if it's something that a lot of people would like to do I could try to organise something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Jerrica, I was the same in that I didn't really have a friends with kids. I did a pregnancy yoga class and found it great for pregnancy chat as well as being relaxing. I found it more informative than the anti natel class as well.

It's important to have as many people you can talk to around you esp for after the birth, it can be a massive roller coaster of emotions and I can see how some can seriously sink without support.

You'll need mammy friends so my advice start building on that now.

@ January If there are other people who are interested I'd love that :)

@ Sweet_pea, a mammy network is just what I need! I'm really looking forward to my pregnancy yoga class for that exact reason. We're booked in for antenatal classes too but I imagine that because people are there with their partners there may not be as much interaction? Also, thanks - even just being heard is a lovely thing right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Jerrica, that's a great idea! I hope you are feeling ok. It can be really are when uve no friends who are pregnant or who have kids to talk to. I was a bit like that with my first. Is def be up for some sort of meet up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Jerrica, you're after saying exactly whats been going through my head. I've not been able to take up pregnancy yoga due to a back injury I got a few months back, and have been out of work with same injury so not really getting to see anyone much at all. The friends I do see I'm sure are sick to their back teeth of listening to anything baby related, and even himself though excited has a lot more of an outside life than I do from work and other friends etc.

Meet ups would be a really great idea. Any I've looked for here (I'm in Cork) seem to just be for parents of toddlers and up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Us ladies due in Feb are currently organising a meetup for tomorrow on grafton street!

You're so good dori :) If it's during the day I won't be able to go unfortunately but hopefully we'll meet up another time. And GL with the February arrival!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I've made plenty of friends through here :) there's 20ish of us from our due in July 2012 thread who meet up locally (as in a couple of different places!) and I've met most of them at this stage. We chat daily online and they have been the best support :)

Other then that do go to local groups if you can: we often get pregnant mammies at our bf group (if you intend to if not no interest to you), and sometimes at toddler group too. I knew no one with kids locally before I had my little girl I have a fairly active social life now: everyone is in the same boat at some stage.

Also seriously baby please move off my bladder I really want to pee.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Other then that do go to local groups if you can: we often get pregnant mammies at our bf group (if you intend to if not no interest to you), and sometimes at toddler group too. I knew no one with kids locally before I had my little girl I have a fairly active social life now: everyone is in the same boat at some stage.

I've been considering that but wasn't sure if it would be weird for me to join one before I've given birth! I'll have a look into it in my local area so, it would be great to find something that I'll be able to walk to once baby arrives :)

Us ladies due in Feb are currently organising a meetup for tomorrow on grafton street!

Hi dori, I'm in the due in march thread but would really like to do a meet up! I can't do tomorrow tho.

I wonder if there are many here from the Dublin area that would like to do a meet up at some stage during the week? Perhaps a thread could be organised on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Hi Sligo,

We are now looking at monday lunchtime if that suits maybe?

LOL we are terrible organisers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Hi everyone, just looking to see if anyone knows of a good pregnancy yoga class around city centre area that would start between 6-6.30? Girlfriend can't find any!

Hi Sligo,

We are now looking at monday lunchtime if that suits maybe?

LOL we are terrible organisers!

Aw thanks, I would've loved to but I take my 1 yo to panda play cafe on a Monday morning and then he sleeps from 12-2. So I prob won't get to meet up Monday. But would defo be up for it next time :)

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I wonder if there are many here from the Dublin area that would like to do a meet up at some stage during the week? Perhaps a thread could be organised on it?

I'll get a thread going (if it's ok with the Mods? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

If recently-pregnant ladies and babas would also be welcome, I'd definitely be up for meet-ups! :)

If recently-pregnant ladies and babas would also be welcome, I'd definitely be up for meet-ups! :)

I've a 1 year old so he'd have to be in tow aswell :)

So I'm about to watch tonight prime time about the babes in Portlaoise hospital.... Am I mad to watch it???! Someone tell me turn it off.....

• Advertisement

Jaysus turn it off and don't be frightening the living sh1te outta yourself :eek: I clicked into the story on the journal.ie by accident this morning and ended up roaring crying it's absolute unimaginable :(

Advertisement