Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Jaysus turn it off and don't be frightening the living sh1te outta yourself :eek: I clicked into the story on the journal.ie by accident this morning and ended up roaring crying it's absolute unimaginable :(

I'm my own worst nightmare... No wonder I'm crying all the time lately! Gonna turn it off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

It's making me so angry and sad at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I just totally avoid anything I think as the potential to upset me these days!

That's why I turned it off. I now have husband yelling in my ear to tell the midwives as soon as I go in to the labour ward that "if the CTG shows any abnormalities to get a C-section". I told him to tell them himself....

It's so awful. I hope I'm not thinking about it all night now. Those poor pets. I'm glad I turned it off tho. I get into awful states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I stay away from the news and newspapers iv no idea what it's about and am afraid to ask.. A lot of cruel stories out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Why did I watch that... Sooo scary,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm watching it now and it's just f*cking awful. Jesus.

I've had doubts about whether my labour should have been induced at the time, I wasn't sure it was necessary, and I felt it was very rushed. But watching this, I'm thinking I'm just glad they rushed my baby out as fast as possible. As painful and horrible it was, isn't it worth that to get a healthy baby at the end. I'm so lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Think I got my first real kick last night. Like, not flutters - an actual kick. Right in the centre of my lower abdomen, about two inches above my pubic bone, I got a tap strong enough to be compared to a good flick with someone's finger. I was sitting still watching TV at the time, and it was over so quick I didn't get a chance to feel much else. I tried for the rest of the night to see if I could get another one - juice, sweets, shower, bit of tummy jiggling - nothing.

I was about to well up last night thinking it was my first real physical connection with the baby (I was 17 weeks yesterday) and now I've had absolutely nothing. That's actually kind of scaring me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaShaBear wrote: »

I was about to well up last night thinking it was my first real physical connection with the baby (I was 17 weeks yesterday) and now I've had absolutely nothing. That's actually kind of scaring me...

A very wise pregnant boardsie said something to me about this only the other day - feeling baby kick is a mixed blessing because when it happens, it's amazing, but when it stops, well it just introduces something ELSE for us to worry about :D I'm a week behind you so I can't be sure, but initially movement is felt sporadically as opposed to frequently so try not to worry to much. Baby is just fine :)

Jerrica wrote: »
    A very wise pregnant boardsie said something to me about this only the other day - feeling baby kick is a mixed blessing because when it happens, it's amazing, but when it stops, well it just introduces something ELSE for us to worry about :D I'm a week behind you so I can't be sure, but initially movement is felt sporadically as opposed to frequently so try not to worry to much. Baby is just fine :)

That very wise pregnant boardsie has hit the nail on the head! I'm imagining my whole bump has deflated now and that the baby has magically disappeared (despite no cramping or bleeding :rolleyes: ) and even my partner got concerned at me being concerned. Mixed blessing indeed! :o

• Advertisement

Shasha that is lovely, celebrate it rather than let it worry you!

At just 13.5 weeks I was also watching TV and for about 10-seconds I had the most odd flicking/tapping sensation in my abdomen and I just *knew* it was little baby Merkin saying "Hello Mummy, I'm here!" :) I'm welling up just thinking of it actually, I've obviously never encountered anything like that before!

I said it to my Midwife on Wednesday and she said yes, it was the bubba. It happens at different times for different women. It hasn't knocked or tapped since but I know it's fine, I heard it's heartbeat on Wednesday and I talk to the little dote all the time.

See it as a wonderful thing Shasha and as time goes on, the kicks and wriggles and taps will get more pronounced!

Merkin wrote: »
    Shasha that is lovely, celebrate it rather than let it worry you!

At just 13.5 weeks I was also watching TV and for about 10-seconds I had the most odd flicking/tapping sensation in my abdomen and I just *knew* it was little baby Merkin saying "Hello Mummy, I'm here!" :) I'm welling up just thinking of it actually, I've obviously never encountered anything like that before!

I said it to my Midwife on Wednesday and she said yes, it was the bubba. It happens at different times for different women. It hasn't knocked or tapped since but I know it's fine, I heard it's heartbeat on Wednesday and I talk to the little dote all the time.

See it as a wonderful thing Shasha and as time goes on, the kicks and wriggles and taps will get more pronounced!

I'm actually welling up thinking about it now, I've found it so hard to feel much of anything - I'm not excessively overweight but my pulse is so strong in my abdomen that I can hear it, and it's hard to separate movements from gas and pulse and the weird growls I make in there when I'm digesting :o
    But that one last night, was like a calm in the storm. Literally nothing except that one, strong, definite "tap".

I feel like a Class A drug addict, I NEED it again :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It won't be long then before your willing baby to go to sleep and stop kicking you in the ribs/groin/bladder etc so you can sleep!

I got flutters from 14/15 weeks this time but felt nothing for about two weeks before the kicks started in earnest. Now you can see my belly moving through jumpers and all!

I feel like a Class A drug addict, I NEED it again :p

Don't you worry, you'll be feeling it A LOT before you know it!

Merkin wrote: »
    Don't you worry, you'll be feeling it A LOT before you know it!

I'm more excited about my partner feeling it now if I'm honest :o
    He's totally baffled by the thoughts of me being pregnant since the scan at 13 weeks. We're waiting to get dates back for a private gender booking, and he's so excited to find out what it is. Feeling a kick would just be his undoing, and I want him to totally bond with the baby asap, in case it turns out to be a girl (I think he has his heart set on a boy :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I felt movement from around 12 weeks but my OH couldn't feel anything until I was around 24 weeks even though at that stage the kicks felt like kung fu to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My husband used to just sit with his hand on my stomach while we watched Tv in the evening. It used to be typical that hed go and make a cup of tea and the baby would chose that moment to kick! :)

I wish my guy would stop with the kicking now! If i lie down he has no room, so it feels like hes trying to bust out of my ribs, Alien style! Any kicks and they are so sharp and sore! I yell out and people think im crazy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Jerrica wrote: »

This is SO true.

When my baby started kicking, I'd feel a few very definite kicks, then absolutely nothing whatsoever for days on end.

In general I got very little movement all the way through the pregnancy - mostly because the placenta was at the front. I even ended up in the hospital twice because of lack of movement late on in the pregnancy, and both times you could clearly see on the scan that he was moving like mad - he was literally using the placenta as a punchbag! - but even as I saw it on the screen, I was still feeling absolutely nothing at all in my tummy. But it was comforting to see that he was moving away the whole time, even if I couldn't always feel him!

Not a bit of movement so far this morning, although I'm mad for a ham and cheese sandwich with mayo on it, and I always feel the little flutters after I eat cheese. Originally I thought it was gas-related ( :o ) but now I'm wondering if possibly the baby really likes cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My guy LOVES hot chocolate, thought it was a heat thing but he doesnt react the same way to tea. Any time Im worried about lack of movement I have some and a few minutes later hes wiggling about. Or maybe he really hates hot choc.... who knows! :)

• Advertisement

My guy LOVES hot chocolate, thought it was a heat thing but he doesnt react the same way to tea. Any time Im worried about lack of movement I have some and a few minutes later hes wiggling about. Or maybe he really hates hot choc.... who knows! :)

Well obviously I'm not going mad then :p
    Me and Daddy are big fans of cheesy things. Cheese on toast, in pasta, on bacon, in sandwiches... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Exact same thing happened to me ShaShaBear, and at 17 weeks too... You'll feel it again soon. There's a lot of room in there atm and baby is very small, so you probably won't feel all the kicks, just the ones that happen to jut out somewhere you can feel it! Won't be long before s/he has feet in your ribcage :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me ShaShaBear, and at 17 weeks too... You'll feel it again soon. There's a lot of room in there atm and baby is very small, so you probably won't feel all the kicks, just the ones that happen to jut out somewhere you can feel it! Won't be long before s/he has feet in your ribcage :)

I am sure that wont feel as nice as I imagine it will at this stage :p

When I used to cuddle into my husband at night I had to turn around coz he could feel the constant kicks in his back and he couldn't get to sleep! Lol. I asked him how he thought I felt!! Hahaha.

I've another 6 weeks to go but the kicking this time around hasn't been as bad..... Yet....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am 27 weeks and my husband still hasnt felt the baby. everytime, he puts his hand on my stomach, the baby freezes and doesnt move again, until he removes his hand.

its hilarious :D:D

John Mason wrote: »
    i am 27 weeks and my husband still hasnt felt the baby. everytime, he puts his hand on my stomach, the baby freezes and doesnt move again, until he removes his hand.

its hilarious :D:D

My mother said my father used to rest his cheek on her bump to feel kicks better, less heat and more sensitive skin.
    Then again, I was born 10lbs 13oz so I'm sure he could have felt me by proximity alone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My first pregnancy I felt it from 13 weeks and hubby felt it from 15. This time I felt at 17 and hubby at 18. Now when he feels the baby stops thankfully as kicks are rough like baby number 1 and the constant turning in there can get rather sore. Specially at bed time.

This is more of a general moan than a pregnancy moan. But hubby hurt his back some how and I'd to bring him to the doctors. The second the doctor said an injection for the pain hubby near died. He's been licking his wounds since. I just said thank god ye don't have the babies we'd be extinct a long time ago.
    I'm doin all the running around today an? I'm really feeling it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Think I got my first real kick last night. Like, not flutters - an actual kick. Right in the centre of my lower abdomen, about two inches above my pubic bone, I got a tap strong enough to be compared to a good flick with someone's finger. I was sitting still watching TV at the time, and it was over so quick I didn't get a chance to feel much else. I tried for the rest of the night to see if I could get another one - juice, sweets, shower, bit of tummy jiggling - nothing.

I started to feel flutters at 17 weeks, like that, wasn’t sure if it was the baby or food being digested (I’d just eaten an Indian the first time it happened) it didn’t happen again until about 19 weeks and I’ve been feeling it a lot more frequently since then (I’m 22 weeks now) My hubby felt a little kick the other night which was great. I find I feel it a lot more at night, especially if I lie on my back, I think it’s because the baby has a bit less room when I lie on my back. Try not to worry if you don’t feel it some days, I think it depends on the location of the placenta, the way the baby is lying and some days they are just less active than others. We’ll be cursing it when we’re kept awake by the baby gymnastics in a few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I am sure that wont feel as nice as I imagine it will at this stage :p

At your stage, it's tiny flicks, and they're adorable. At 36 weeks..... Well, it's a foot in your ribcage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My baba is going to be some footballer by the strenght of these kicks. It my second pregnancy and i felt it very early this time.
    Now he saves his kong fu kicks for when im driving and in the most uncomfortable position.
    I find his most active time is this time of the evening when im relaxing and coincedentally enjoying a hot chocolate.
    With my first anytime my OH put his hand on my tummy she would stop kicking. So when she was kicking in the middle of the night i used to wake OH and get him to put his hands on the bump. Worked every time.
    Luckily this baba never really wakes me at night. Maybe im more used to it this time.

Advertisement