Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Does anyone know if you can take the gaviscon extra tablets? OH just returned home with them and they're not my usual normal strength ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

According to gaviscon website, the extra and advanced types are safe during pregnancy. I've been taking the advanced liquid for a week now and it's amazing, does the job so much better than extra, it's a lot thicker though.

http://www.gaviscon.co.uk/gaviscon_product_range/gaviscon_extra_stength.php

January wrote: »
    According to gaviscon website, the extra and advanced types are safe during pregnancy. I've been taking the advanced liquid for a week now and it's amazing, does the job so much better than extra, it's a lot thicker though.

http://www.gaviscon.co.uk/gaviscon_product_range/gaviscon_extra_stength.php

Ah cool. Thanks. Must get some of the advanced liquid so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Feel like I'm going to puke and baby is gone nuts moving around. Horrible stupid pressure too I don't see sleep coming easy tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Ughhhhhh cant sleep .... Thats every night for the last three weeks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Just to point out ladies the Gaviscon advanced has much more sodium/salt than the normal Gaviscon so could affect your BP. Just so you are careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

I feel like a beached wale. Its so hard to move I feel so unbelievable uncomfortable and the weather is not good for my spd.
    Have to go to the airport to pick my OH up and it just started snowing. So have to go earlier then planned and that means more than an hour no toilet and baby loves to sleep on my bladder especially while driving much be very comfortable :-)

I feel huge aswell. I don't usually have too much problem sleeping but last night was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

This night wasn`t too bad but the task of taking a shower...... , I feel like baby is just bursting out any moment :-) and I felt like I ran a marathon after it :-)

I know what you mean. I feel like I have this massive weight down below. I didnt feel the weight down below this early last time around. Feels like a have a bowling ball between my legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

We saw our babies heartbeat for the first time on Thursday! Due date 24th September.It's all become very real! Trying to hide as in early stages but gagging all over the place anytime of the day! Worked 13 hours yesterday and I was fit to fall asleep in a cupboard! Zzz tiredness is very hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Couldn't sleep last night either, too long on one side gave me pains in my hip, so i had to lie flat on my back for a minute and stretch to relieve them and then switch to the other side. Talk about restless!! :(
    My left thigh keeps falling asleep as well which is really creepy!

I fainted :( so embarrassed :(

cyning wrote: »

OMG... R u ok? Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Don't be embarrassed! I hope you're ok. Have you been checked out at the hospital?

I was in the chemist... Ah I'm fine I have low blood pressure, an underactive thyroid, am anaemic (hence being in the chemist!), and have an 18 month old not sleeping.. At 34 weeks I think anyone of those things is tough enough! Gone to bed now if I'm still feeling dodge later I'll give them a ring. Baby is kicking away. So I'm fine just horribly embarrassed!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Gosh, hope you're ok, def get checked out after! How is everyone on the Folic Acid & Vit D?is it making anyone ill? I seem to be ok on it.

I was in the chemist... Ah I'm fine I have low blood pressure, an underactive thyroid, am anaemic (hence being in the chemist!), and have an 18 month old not sleeping.. At 34 weeks I think anyone of those things is tough enough! Gone to bed now if I'm still feeling dodge later I'll give them a ring. Baby is kicking away. So I'm fine just horribly embarrassed!

Gosh don't be embarrassed! You poor thing. Rest up today now and make sure to get checked out. Elevate your legs. Did the pharmacist check your BP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Gosh, hope you're ok, def get checked out after! How is everyone on the Folic Acid & Vit D?is it making anyone ill? I seem to be ok on it.

I think everyone is different with the vitamins. I've used pregnacare nearly whole way through with no problems, even on an empty stomach. However, the one time the chemist was out of them, I bought seven seas ones instead and I vomited without fail 20 minutes after taking them every day (the only time I have vomited in this pregnancy) until I realised what was causing it and stopped them. A friend of mine couldn't stomach any brand of vitamins and only managed to keep them down maybe once or twice a week, she had no complications and baby turned out fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Jeez cyning hope your ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hope you're okay cyning... If it's any consolation I fainted in dunnes stores knicker department, straight into a rail of granny pants. Aul wans who worked there dragged me to the coffee shop and made me drink sugary tea :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hope you're ok m'dear. Try and get some rest. Could anyone take your little one for a night for you?xx

Pharmacist didn't check but it was quite low during the week so I guess it's just to be a bit more careful :)

Easier said then done with help at night: it's a growth spurt but she's been up 3/4 hours straight every second night for last week and a half. Hubby's on duty tonight and feeling better than earlier! Three naps will do that for you!!

Pharmacist didn't check but it was quite low during the week so I guess it's just to be a bit more careful :)

Easier said then done with help at night: it's a growth spurt but she's been up 3/4 hours straight every second night for last week and a half. Hubby's on duty tonight and feeling better than earlier! Three naps will do that for you!!

Jeez cyning... I would've thought the pharmacist would've checked it for you in case it had gone extremely low. Thats pretty bad tbh.

Anyway I really hope you're ok Hun and feeling better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh cyning hope your feeling better. Can be so difficult with a small 1 too.

I just ate a huge chinese and i feel like im going to burst. I cant move. Ugh. Why did i eat so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hi Ladies! Looking for a little bit of reassurance from other Mummy's to be or indeed other Mummys! I heard bubba's heartbeat on Wednesday last which was magical - I posted about it here. :) I will be 16 weeks on Thursday. I've noticed over the last few days that my symptoms have really dissipated! My tummy seems to have gone down slightly, the faint nausea has gone, boobs still massive but not as tender and I just feel less pregnant! I'm trying not to worry but has this happened anyone else? I've Googled extensively (OBVIOUSLY!! :rolleyes:) and it seems that as ladies move into the second trimester they can feel a little less pregnant than before? It's a little alarming! Has this happened the rest of you? Any feedback much appreciated! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    Hi Ladies! Looking for a little bit of reassurance from other Mummy's to be or indeed other Mummys! I heard bubba's heartbeat on Wednesday last which was magical - I posted about it here. :) I will be 16 weeks on Thursday. I've noticed over the last few days that my symptoms have really dissipated! My tummy seems to have gone down slightly, the faint nausea has gone, boobs still massive but not as tender and I just feel less pregnant! I'm trying not to worry but has this happened anyone else? I've Googled extensively (OBVIOUSLY!! :rolleyes:) and it seems that as ladies move into the second trimester they can feel a little less pregnant than before? It's a little alarming! Has this happened the rest of you? Any feedback much appreciated! x

I have minus symptoms too.
    Only reason I know Im still pregnant is because I can watch the tiny lumpy of a foot/feet appear in my abdomen when I use the shower, and can make the feet move if I redirect the waterfall ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I had very little symptoms in second trimester !!! In fact I used to forget I was pregnant most of the time !!! Enjoy it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Merkin I really wouldn't worry, I felt like that at times right up to the very end!

And I definitely remember a very "grey area" between the first and second trimester, where I wasn't yet feeling movement, my boobs had gone right back to normal, I was still losing weight instead of gaining, and it was several weeks until my next appointment so I had no way of knowing if everything was still OK. But it was absolutely fine - I'm sure it will be for you too. Just remember, once they've found a heartbeat, the chances of anything going wrong go WAY down. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I didn’t have many symptoms to start with, but I think a lot of women feel less symptoms in the second tri, they recommend you enjoy it as much as possible because you will be feeling VERY pregnant VERY soon! With regards to the belly going down, I have days when I feel tiny and then others when I feel huge. I think it depends what way the baby is lying and even what I’ve eaten or it I’ve been for a number 2 (sorry for the TMI!) Try not to worry, you heard the heartbeat – everything is fine!

Advertisement