Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Got put on a trace, high blood pressure and pulse a little fast, now waiting around for the doctor... This is taking forever :(

The waiting around is hateful. But even if you're perfectly fine you've definitely done the right thing by going in! Hope all goes well and you are seen and home soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm sure it'll all be absolutely fine, it really will. :) But better to be seen to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had KFC earlier and I've been on the loo and feeling nauseous ever since :( Tummy is so wishy washy and the baby kicking doesn't help it at all at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

No kicks for three days now, and downstairs has been sore and crampy all day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

How many weeks are you??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

ShaShaBear wrote: »

You are still very early on it's probably nothing to worry about. But go to your gp if you are worried they will check heartbeat and put your mind at ease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ring your hospital ShaShaBear, they'll be able to put your mind at ease. I had a couple of days of no movement, went into Holles St and was put on a trace, then went for a scan - just as I lay down I got an enormous kick in the ribs! Hope you're okay x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I echo what the others have said, ring the hospital and see if they will scan you. IIRC, you're 4-5 weeks behind me, I didn't start getting movement every day until about 3 weeks ago (20 weeks) and I still get days were I don't have a huge amount of movement. I'm sure everything is fine, it's probably the way your baby is lying, but call the hospital for peace of mind.

Well the cramping stopped. No bleeding or even spotting. I think I felt a kick at about 11 tonight, but it was over so fast I didn't get time to analyse it. My hips and back are quite sore and I feel exhausted so bed for me and hopefully I get a kick or two lying down to reassure me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Try drinking something really cold - that usually pissed my girls off enough for them to give me a good kicking in retaliation!

• Advertisement

Funny the drinking cold drinks doesn't work for me, I think I have a lazy so and so in there! I had a lot of cramping at 17/18 weeks, I think that's when there's a bit of a growth spurt and your uterus does quite a bit of expanding, so hopefully that's all that was.

No worries ladies, just had about 11 swift kicks straight after tea and a fudge bar while sitting here at the PC. I usually get a kick when I'm hunched, so it's a relief to feel her/him going wild!

Phew! :o

13 more days until I find out the sex. This wait is bloody killing me - I wish there was some way to just know!

No worries ladies, just had about 11 swift kicks straight after tea and a fudge bar while sitting here at the PC. I usually get a kick when I'm hunched, so it's a relief to feel her/him going wild!

Phew! :o

13 more days until I find out the sex. This wait is bloody killing me - I wish there was some way to just know!

Sugar always gets them kicking :)

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Sugar always gets them kicking :)

I was starting to panic, first blind panic in over two months! Got a busy week ahead of me in college so hopefully that will keep my mind off things until the weekend!

I was starting to panic, first blind panic in over two months! Got a busy week ahead of me in college so hopefully that will keep my mind off things until the weekend!

Awe it's so easy to panic... I had the same thing on my first. Started getting really nervous as baby hadnt kicked all day... Then because I was panicking couldn't remember when he'd kicked last. In my own mind it coulda been days (which it Wasnt). Horrible feeling tho. Glad alls ok. Have a good week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Does anyone else experience stabbing pains around the pelvis and slight cramping? I'm 16+4, I feel generally well and baby's heartbeat good but have had sharp stabs all day (that only last for a second) and mild crampy pain above pubis. I'm thinking probably round ligament pain, anyone else experiencing this? And does every other first time Mum worry about every ache and pain like this? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

I think that's what Braxton hicks is like. Sounds kinda like it.
    I'm here Having a debate/argument with my husband about being ready for hospital. Due in 8days and he has anxious I've all ready to go. He asked have I my clothes ready for going to hospital in but what would one expect to wear. If my waters were to break in my pyjamas then I just assumed I'd head off in them. I've not got a whole selection of clothes that fit now. What do ye all think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

God I wouldn't turn up in my PJs myself. Even though there was meconium in my waters, I still had time to get dressed and throw on a bit of makeup. :o

Also bear in mind that your waters don't usually just burst ... usually you'll have a few hours of contractions first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Merkin I'm not a ftm and I'm currently worrying about a) whether baby is kicking as much as yesterday b) the pain in my back and c) the pressure down low. So it's a pregnant thing: I think worrying is normal! As are aches & pains but I'm a very much err on the side of caution girl so if they are still there tomorrow maybe a call to doc would put your mind at ease?

If your waters break at home definitely change before heading in: you could be hours and hours after them going before baby would get here. Even over a day! My waters broke in hosp I went from 2-10cm in less than 30 minutes and there was still over 5 hours between them breaking and C getting here. You really wouldn't be comfortable.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

clareames wrote: »
    I think that's what Braxton hicks is like. Sounds kinda like it.
    I'm here Having a debate/argument with my husband about being ready for hospital. Due in 8days and he has anxious I've all ready to go. He asked have I my clothes ready for going to hospital in but what would one expect to wear. If my waters were to break in my pyjamas then I just assumed I'd head off in them. I've not got a whole selection of clothes that fit now. What do ye all think?

I think I wore a tracksuit bottoms and stretchy top and flip flops. (summer) I had a shower and washed my hair, but thought the idea of wearing makeup only to sweat it off in a couple of hours a waste.

Just remember that hospitals and especially maternity wards, can be roasting. So if they are flannel PJ's they might be too hot for you.

I changed into a nightshirt when I got in as it was straight on the drip for me.
    My waters broke without contractions, and was more of a steady drip. But every woman is different.

• Advertisement

Lol thanks Cyning! It's mad what it does to us isn't it? I'm a pretty relaxed person but since being pregnant there is always some little thing to worry about, glad I'm not alone!

Hope you're fully recovered from the faint x

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

I love this thread! My moan for today was the exhaustion, felt like I was 200 yrs old shuffling home from work, every little incline slowed me right down. The nausea seems to get worse when the exhuastion hits, spent most of last weekend flat out on the couch and very green about the gills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Merkin wrote: »
    Lol thanks Cyning! It's mad what it does to us isn't it? I'm a pretty relaxed person but since being pregnant there is always some little thing to worry about, glad I'm not alone!

Hope you're fully recovered from the faint x

As the midwife I spoke to last week said, if there's fever , vomiting, blood or diarrhoea, then you worry. Otherwise it's just "pregnancy pain" :D Horrible, horrible, horrible to have that pain, and bloody scary, but it's just pain nonetheless and quite normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Over that faint anyway ;) dizziness and almost fainting seem to be my new problem so frustrating... I'm worse after eating so just sit/lie down afterwards and it helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

thanks everyone... i really dont know what to expect... i shall put aside something suitable-ish today so! :)

Merkin, I'm a ftm (24 weeks now) and I had crampy period type pain round the 17 week mark. I think it's when there is a bit of a growth spurt when everything starts to stretch to make room for baba! I had the same at 5 weeks which I read is another growth spurt.

But your right, there's always something to worry about. I haven't been feeling as much movement the last few days, I'm still feeling movement, but at 24 weeks I thought if be feeling summersaults all the time! It's prob just the way the baby is lying, but the worry doesn't get easier that's for sure!

Thanks so much for the reassurance, I really appreciate it. I suppose looking at it logically, from weeks 16-19 the baby actually doubles in size (:eek: :)) so it makes perfect sense that the little thing would cause the odd twinge and pain while it's growing.

My "lightening strike fanjita" is back with a vengeance as well. My midwife said before that this is due to ligaments preparing to work their magic, happened my sister-in-law with my nephew as well and it quite common apparently.

I've also been incredibly sanguine throughout the pregnancy (no mood swings, no PMT ups and downs) but for the last three or four days I am like a moody harridan - I actually said to Mr. Merkin on Saturday that I'm annoying myself which is no mean feat :D. Again I think due to the growth spurt and resulting hormone surge.

You're all great though, thank you so much for always easing my anxiety when feeling a little worried, I love this forum xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Merkin wrote: »
    I've also been incredibly sanguine throughout the pregnancy (no mood swings, no PMT ups and downs) but for the last three or four days I am like a moody harridan - I actually said to Mr. Merkin on Saturday that I'm annoying myself which is no mean feat :D. Again I think due to the growth spurt and resulting hormone surge.

When you collapse into an Ektorp armchair in IKEA at 11am on a Saturday morning, heaving massive great big sobs of despair, snot and tears rolling down your face, drawing sideways glances of "wtf?" and "is she going to ruin the upholstery??" from staff and customers alike, then you know you might have an issue with moods. Yes, yes that was me two weekends ago :pac: :o

If you're not used to mood swings though they can hit you like a sledgehammer, and yes they are bloody annoying. It's like the extra cherry of change on the top of an already topsy turvy cake. As best you can just let the moods pass through you - I've been finding relaxation techniques helpful.

edit: sorry, I didn't mean that to come across as a horrible "I'm moodier than you" post, just saying I know those feels, and they're horrible :o

Jerrica wrote: »
    When you collapse into an Ektorp armchair in IKEA at 11am on a Saturday morning, heaving massive great big sobs of despair, snot and tears rolling down your face, drawing sideways glances of "stf?" and "is she going to ruin the upholstery??" from staff and customers alike, then you know you might have an issue with moods. Yes, yes that was me two weekends ago :pac: :o

Oh God, you poor thing. :) I did this at the weekend but while in the cinema watching the film "Philomena". I can't recommend it enough and am saying to people they really should go and see it as it's a really wonderful film (even if I did cry from start to finish and looked like I had some nasty allergy on leaving the cinema because of swollen eyes and a snot-ridden nose).

• Advertisement

Jerrica wrote: »
    edit: sorry, I didn't mean that to come across as a horrible "I'm moodier than you" post, just saying I know those feels, and they're horrible :o

Lol you didn't at all! :)

Advertisement