Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Why oh why do you have to return morning sickness? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

The cold that was threatening over the last week or so has finally turned into a full blown coughing sneezing horrible thing with a sore throat.
    My back is killing me! I'm actually contemplating buying a hot water bottle and filling it and lying down on the floor of the office to get some relief.

Very tempted to take tomorrow off sick - not the sickest I've ever been but I feel truly horrible.

Super tired too for good measure.
    Am 5+ 6 today.
    39+ weeks seems like an eternity:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

The cold that was threatening over the last week or so has finally turned into a full blown coughing sneezing horrible thing with a sore throat.
    My back is killing me! I'm actually contemplating buying a hot water bottle and filling it and lying down on the floor of the office to get some relief.

Very tempted to take tomorrow off sick - not the sickest I've ever been but I feel truly horrible.

Super tired too for good measure.
    Am 5+ 6 today.
    39+ weeks seems like an eternity:eek:

Oooooooh Penny I remember you from TTC, congrats! :D

I've nothing to whinge or moan about really, except that I have to wait for another 11 days to see my baby again and it feels like an eternity!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Oooooooh Penny I remember you from TTC, congrats! :D

I've nothing to whinge or moan about really, except that I have to wait for another 11 days to see my baby again and it feels like an eternity!

Thank you. I'm (we're I suppose) really delighted. Due October 8th and I got my appointment for the Coombe today - we're in April 1st so I'll have a scan then.
    It is strange sometimes to think that I'm growing a person and yet you can't see it (i.e. a bump), it has a heartbeat at this stage and we still haven't heard it. Lucky you having seen your little one already.

I am starting to feel that this baby is being very mean to me today! I'd give anything to be able to go home. I would be as much use there really as I am here - sitting at my desk, feeling sorry for myself and surfing the net!

Thank you. I'm (we're I suppose) really delighted. Due October 8th and I got my appointment for the Coombe today - we're in April 1st so I'll have a scan then.
    It is strange sometimes to think that I'm growing a person and yet you can't see it (i.e. a bump), it has a heartbeat at this stage and we still haven't heard it. Lucky you having seen your little one already.

I am starting to feel that this baby is being very mean to me today! I'd give anything to be able to go home. I would be as much use there really as I am here - sitting at my desk, feeling sorry for myself and surfing the net!

My first 13 weeks were awful. Once I got over the initial joy of somehow managing to get pregnant first cycle, I immediately convinced myself that it was at some great cost. I got so worked up about seeing the baby for real that I burst into hysteric tears in the Radiology waiting room! Now I finally have some kicks to keep me going (I'll be 19 weeks on Thursday - where the hell did that time go???) and finally have a bump (seriously, I thought it would be cool, but it is like trying to do your everyday chores and activities while holding a small TV or something) so I have something to mark the pregnancy!

There's a few places that do early pregnancy scans from 8 weeks if you find you can't wait that long! I've booked my gender scan with one of them (gender is actually irrelevant to me and I wouldn't care if they couldn't see it but it's cheaper than the regular 3d/4d scans) and its the only way I could get another 15 minutes staring at this small human being I'm somehow partially responsible for creating :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My two year old just nearly fell off the sofa... I hopped up and think I frightened the poor little dude inside me...

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    My first 13 weeks were awful. Once I got over the initial joy of somehow managing to get pregnant first cycle, I immediately convinced myself that it was at some great cost. I got so worked up about seeing the baby for real that I burst into hysteric tears in the Radiology waiting room! Now I finally have some kicks to keep me going (I'll be 19 weeks on Thursday - where the hell did that time go???) and finally have a bump (seriously, I thought it would be cool, but it is like trying to do your everyday chores and activities while holding a small TV or something) so I have something to mark the pregnancy!

There's a few places that do early pregnancy scans from 8 weeks if you find you can't wait that long! I've booked my gender scan with one of them (gender is actually irrelevant to me and I wouldn't care if they couldn't see it but it's cheaper than the regular 3d/4d scans) and its the only way I could get another 15 minutes staring at this small human being I'm somehow partially responsible for creating :p

I am very tempted to do an earlier scan. It will make it more real I suppose. Well more real in the nice way rather than the endless peeing, back ache, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I miss being able to be angry without crying. Its an instant argument loser.

Social Welfare Office is really getting me in a huff about my illness benefit and how long its taking. Gahhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Feel like 40 different kinds of crap... Sore everywhere, crampy and icky. My little girl is in super great form so is bouncing on the couch here and hitting me in the head and giving me kisses and I really don't have the energy to stop her! And the baba in my belly isn't moving as much so despite the fact I've been on a trace and had a scan Tues and am still having some movements I'm all stressed out... Aaand breath. Only 4 weeks left though :) and possibly two

cyning wrote: »
    Feel like 40 different kinds of crap... Sore everywhere, crampy and icky. My little girl is in super great form so is bouncing on the couch here and hitting me in the head and giving me kisses and I really don't have the energy to stop her! And the baba in my belly isn't moving as much so despite the fact I've been on a trace and had a scan Tues and am still having some movements I'm all stressed out... Aaand breath. Only 4 weeks left though :) and possibly two

Sore, cramps, icky.......it's going around. I didn't go to work yesterday or today because of it. Feel a bit better today but tempted to take tomorrow off too to make sure I kick it in the ass. It's been 6 years since I've taken a sick day so I don't feel bad about taking it easy.
    My husband has come down with the same thing now too.
    Take it easy Cyning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

ah, feel like I'm on the verge of puking all day, just hovering there and it won't got away, making work and walking not fun. bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

My moan is that I hate bed.. I used to love my bed, now I just can't get bloody comfortable in it.. Sitting up, my back hurts, lying down hurts, lying on my left side is too uncomfortable, I feel like I'm squashing the baba, I panic when I wake up lying on back.. I dunno, have I read too much about sleeping on your back and stopping the blood flow in the Vena cava?.. Argh.. I've tried making a little pillow fort with about 500 pillows and nothing is helping.. Himself is sleeping in other room now.. I dunno what to do to be honest, if I could stay awake 24/7 I would.. Waah.. Can anyone help or has anyone else experienced too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

MissFire wrote: »
    My moan is that I hate bed.. I used to love my bed, now I just can't get bloody comfortable in it.. Sitting up, my back hurts, lying down hurts, lying on my left side is too uncomfortable, I feel like I'm squashing the baba, I panic when I wake up lying on back.. I dunno, have I read too much about sleeping on your back and stopping the blood flow in the Vena cava?.. Argh.. I've tried making a little pillow fort with about 500 pillows and nothing is helping.. Himself is sleeping in other room now.. I dunno what to do to be honest, if I could stay awake 24/7 I would.. Waah.. Can anyone help or has anyone else experienced too??

All of my doctors and midwives always told me that, if I was comfy sleeping on my back or in any other position, it was absolutely fine to do so.

And I had a perfectly happy healthy baby.

Might be worth your while asking your own doctor. :)

Sleep whatever way you feel comfortable sleeping. On my last three pregnancies I slept on my stomach but can't this time as it's too uncomfortable, I usually end up either on my back or my left side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You should get this Miss Fire, it comes highly recommended!!

http://www.mothercare.com/Dreamgenii-Pregnancy-And-Feeding-Support-Pillow/933928,default,pd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Jeepurs if I get anymore pillows I won't be able to get into the bed ha ha.. I have the v pillow and the little wedge pillow already... And am trying out different combinations to see can I get comfy.. I can see myself having a giant pillow bonfire in June after the baby comes along lol..

That's reassuring that you slept on back, and January you slept on front, wow, did it not feel like you were sleeping on bowling ball?? I think I've freaked myself out with too many horror stories online and also about a week ago when I rolled on my side, baba starting kicking me from side I rolled onto and thought I was crushing it.. My imagination is probably just running wild.. Sorry for moaning on..

Sleep when pregnant is painfully annoying: first trimester puking kept me awake. Second trimester I get the constant peeing most get in the first because I'm not dehydrated anymore. Third trimester well between kicks, puking, peeing, heartburn, general uncomfortableness and restless legs oh and the baby literally trying to escape through my bellybutton (literally it's now an outie and moves so totally gross!) sleep seems like a distant dream.... So no advice but plenty of empathy!!!

You won't squish baby no matter what: get comfie anyway you can :) and Google is dangerous!!

Jeepurs if I get anymore pillows I won't be able to get into the bed ha ha.. I have the v pillow and the little wedge pillow already... And am trying out different combinations to see can I get comfy.. I can see myself having a giant pillow bonfire in June after the baby comes along lol..

That's reassuring that you slept on back, and January you slept on front, wow, did it not feel like you were sleeping on bowling ball?? I think I've freaked myself out with too many horror stories online and also about a week ago when I rolled on my side, baba starting kicking me from side I rolled onto and thought I was crushing it.. My imagination is probably just running wild.. Sorry for moaning on..

This is the moan thread, so moan away!

I had pretty small babies (all under 7lbs) so was never really uncomfortable... feeling it this time though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My baba was tiny, I only made it to 8 months.... And I didn't sleep for months! I don't think size has anything to do with it, I was very neat, but I was killed with sciatica.. I spent many a night "sleeping" on the sofa on my hands and knees, with my bum in the air, suspending my bump in the hope of some relief. I remember realising in Holles st after I had him that my bum and leg wasn't killing me anymore!

I'm with ya on the sleep moaning. I can't lie on my left side or my back as my left thigh will go numb and once it goes numb I start to get the pains (like intensified electric shocks that you get off escalators and the likes). Can only, and I mean only, lie on my right side with one pillow under my hips and another between my legs, and three under my head to balance me out. I can't remember the last time I got more than about 5 hours sleep. And I really, really, REALLY love to sleep. :(

• Advertisement

5 hours sleep.... I hate you right now!! I can't remember the last time I got 5 hours straight sleep... Probably before I was pregnant the first time (Oct 11 ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

nikpmup wrote: »
    My baba was tiny, I only made it to 8 months.... And I didn't sleep for months! I don't think size has anything to do with it, I was very neat, but I was killed with sciatica.. I spent many a night "sleeping" on the sofa on my hands and knees, with my bum in the air, suspending my bump in the hope of some relief. I remember realising in Holles st after I had him that my bum and leg wasn't killing me anymore!

Oh I remember that position well, I used to basically faceplant myself on the bed with my arse up in the air, my boyfriend thought I was a complete weirdo but it was soooo comfy!

cyning wrote: »
    5 hours sleep.... I hate you right now!! I can't remember the last time I got 5 hours straight sleep... Probably before I was pregnant the first time (Oct 11 ;) ).

5 hours straight... that would be lovely! :P No, I'm talking 5 hours in total from about 9pm till 7.30am :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Merkin wrote: »

It's a godsend. I'm only 18 weeks gone and will likely start getting less and less sleep, but already this pillow is making a difference - it's fairly normal for me to sleep 8-9 hours a night, only broken by 3-4 loo visits.

I got my hair done yesterday and my hairdresser is due three days before me. We were having a great chat about our respective gym experiences until she tells me that her sister went for her 20 week scan only to discover the baby had passed away a week earlier. Talk about planting a seed of worry!!!

Oh and while I'm in the mood to moan, trapped wind is so soooore :o

Damn horrible palipitations are back nooo.... I hate them they are driving me nutso. God I hate the last few weeks of pregnancy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i will take all your sleeping problems and raise you a broken shoulder which has a sling which keeps my elbow bent facing foward at a 45 degree angle.

like this Donjoy_Ultrasling_ER.gif

i have to sleep with this on so no choice but to sleep on my back.

am hoping the hospital will take off on tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

OMG you poor girl :(

Oh god... Ya my sleeping problems nothing in comparison to that!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thanks girls but the worse thing is, the only thing i can do is lie on the sofa.

thw house is falling down around me, i am now into single digits :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

On the subject of sleep, are there any herbal remedies that are suitable to take during pregnancy? I know Valerian and Passion Flower aren’t recommended and most herbal remedies seem to include either or both of those. I find I am either struggling to fall asleep or else falling asleep and then waking at 3:30 and lying awake for hours (normally falling asleep again 20 minutes before my alarm goes off!) I am not in any pain or suffering from heartburn or anything like that, I just find I wake up like clockwork and my mind starts going 90.

Though I realise how lucky I am to be getting any sleep at all reading the other ladies experiences on here!

Advertisement