Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Not really ncmc as most herbal remedies are contra indicated during pregnancy. People's opinions on chamomile vary, I personally wouldn't during pregnancy.

A cup of warm milk before bed really does work (and will help baby's bones!). It's full of tryptophan which aids production of melatonin so it is scientifically proven to act as a nice little sedative and will get you off into a nice sleep. Give it a try, it works for me!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ncmc wrote: »
    On the subject of sleep, are there any herbal remedies that are suitable to take during pregnancy? I know Valerian and Passion Flower aren’t recommended and most herbal remedies seem to include either or both of those. I find I am either struggling to fall asleep or else falling asleep and then waking at 3:30 and lying awake for hours (normally falling asleep again 20 minutes before my alarm goes off!) I am not in any pain or suffering from heartburn or anything like that, I just find I wake up like clockwork and my mind starts going 90.

Though I realise how lucky I am to be getting any sleep at all reading the other ladies experiences on here!

have you tried listening to some guided meditations, there are some great ones on youtube or the free gentle births ones.

i put these on when i cant sleep, it knocks me straight out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

On the subject of sleep, are there any herbal remedies that are suitable to take during pregnancy? I know Valerian and Passion Flower aren’t recommended and most herbal remedies seem to include either or both of those. I find I am either struggling to fall asleep or else falling asleep and then waking at 3:30 and lying awake for hours (normally falling asleep again 20 minutes before my alarm goes off!) I am not in any pain or suffering from heartburn or anything like that, I just find I wake up like clockwork and my mind starts going 90.

Though I realise how lucky I am to be getting any sleep at all reading the other ladies experiences on here!

Try the winter olympics:) I was off work with a chest infection last week and woke up every single morning at 03:45:mad: The coughing was incessent, then my boobs were too sore to lie on my front, my pelvic bone was crampy and I was generally wide awake and rightly pee'd off.
    In the end I got up (wasn't fair to keep my husband awake too) and heated a hot water bottle, lay down on the couch with a blanket and watched curling on the Olympics.......knocked me straight out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Merkin wrote: »
    Not really ncmc as most herbal remedies are contra indicated during pregnancy. People's opinions on chamomile vary, I personally wouldn't during pregnancy.

A cup of warm milk before bed really does work (and will help baby's bones!). It's full of tryptophan which aids production of melatonin so it is scientifically proven to act as a nice little sedative and will get you off into a nice sleep. Give it a try, it works for me!
    Thanks Merkin, I thought as much. Might try the hot milk, though I haven't had that since I was a child, is it not a bit gross???
    John Mason wrote: »
    have you tried listening to some guided meditations, there are some great ones on youtube or the free gentle births ones.

i put these on when i cant sleep, it knocks me straight out
    Might try those actually, I normally can't sleep with music or anything in the backround, but might try something like that playing very low.
    Try the winter olympics:) I was off work with a chest infection last week and woke up every single morning at 03:45:mad: The coughing was incessent, then my boobs were too sore to lie on my front, my pelvic bone was crampy and I was generally wide awake and rightly pee'd off.
    In the end I got up (wasn't fair to keep my husband awake too) and heated a hot water bottle, lay down on the couch with a blanket and watched curling on the Olympics.......knocked me straight out.
    Haha, that's gas, might have to try that! Isn't the human body amazing though, every single night, between 3:25 and 3:35 I wake up. I'm like clockwork!

Thanks Merkin, I thought as much. Might try the hot milk, though I haven't had that since I was a child, is it not a bit gross???!

I thought it would be too but it's actually really nice, very soothing. Must subconsciously bring me back to being a baby myself! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I went through a phase of waking at 5 every morning. Could not get back asleep . Then one night decided i wont look at my phone. If i need the loo i go out with the light off the phone but wont look at the time as i find then i countvthe hours. I dont switch on any big lights either and get back in bed. Has actually worked the past 2 nights anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Dehydrated again :( so frustrating. 2+ ketones hosp at 3+ I do drink I am eating so frustrated why I can't just be "normal" for one stupid appt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I've an app on my phone that works wonders for sleep. You just pick a combination of sounds, things like rain, howling winds, crickets, an AC fan, rocking chair etc. Find a combination you like, set the countdown timer for 20 mins and every single time without fail I am asleep before it fades out at the 20 minute mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Suucee wrote: »
    I went through a phase of waking at 5 every morning. Could not get back asleep . Then one night decided i wont look at my phone. If i need the loo i go out with the light off the phone but wont look at the time as i find then i countvthe hours. I dont switch on any big lights either and get back in bed. Has actually worked the past 2 nights anyway.
    I've been doing this for the last couple of nights too Suucee, I'm still waking, but not looking at the phone and getting worked up about only having X hours sleep left etc. Has helped so far, I'm still waking, but falling straight back to sleep!

i am so angry i could cry.

i have been waiting on a physiotherapy appointment in holles street since january for my dislocated ribs. i am in so much pain, i cant even go out for coffee.

they have sent me a letter, to attend a class dealing with pelvic pain. if i dont go to this pointless class with no 1 to 1 attention they will assume i no longer need physiotherapy.

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I've an app on my phone that works wonders for sleep. You just pick a combination of sounds, things like rain, howling winds, crickets, an AC fan, rocking chair etc. Find a combination you like, set the countdown timer for 20 mins and every single time without fail I am asleep before it fades out at the 20 minute mark!

Ooooh, what's the name of the App?

Aw you poor thing John Mason. Could you get your doctor to phone up on your behalf maybe?

Aw you poor thing John Mason. Could you get your doctor to phone up on your behalf maybe?

this is after a letter from my doctor. they wont accept a letter/report from own physio

Relax and Sleep (pic of a sheep)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Thats terrible about your Physio appointment !!!

My doc made the app on a Friday and I got it for the Thurs .. You shouldnt have to wait that long !

Really getting sick of my partner letting his boss walk all over him. Yet another row tonight over the hours he's working and how its affecting things at home and as per usual the only one suffering is me. He gives out that his boss won't listen but then when I advise him he pretty much turns it around slowly and ends up defending work. Now I'm stuck here on the couch and he's away to bed and I'm wondering how I got myself into this mess :(

I've been doing this for the last couple of nights too Suucee, I'm still waking, but not looking at the phone and getting worked up about only having X hours sleep left etc. Has helped so far, I'm still waking, but falling straight back to sleep!

I woke at 5am this morning - slight need to pee so gave up and got up to go to the bathroom. Usually I have no problem falling back to sleep but no go this morning. So I lay there for ages and eventually just got up, went downstairs with my book and read on the couch for a while. Fell asleep eventually but had to get up at 7.15am for work anyway.
    Will be fit for my bed by lunchtime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I needed to pee every hour at least last night... So so tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Normally eating fast before proper getting up stops the morning sickness.

Not makes it worse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Liquid Galfer..... YUK!!! Almost as bad as gaviscon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Liquid Galfer..... YUK!!! Almost as bad as gaviscon...

Oh Jesus - the tablets are bad enough! Yuk!

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Oh Jesus - the tablets are bad enough! Yuk!

The liquid is vile....

The liquid is vile....

Next time we TTC I'm going to start taking iron for a few months before, to build up my stores; hopefully that'll mean I can avoid having to take galfer when I'm pregnant. Mouldy stuff, I can only imagine the liquid. Gawwk!

Next time we TTC I'm going to start taking iron for a few months before, to build up my stores; hopefully that'll mean I can avoid having to take galfer when I'm pregnant. Mouldy stuff, I can only imagine the liquid. Gawwk!

Lol...

Don't quote me on this but I think your iron stores get a bit depleted in the last trimester of pregnancy anyway so you may need to take it anyway. I always had a good Hb but it seems to drop last trimester.

O and I'm so over being pregnant. Feels like I have a knife wedged in my chest every night when I go to lie down. My front bottom half feels like something's just gonna fall out of it at any time. And no matter which may I lay down my bump is there and in the way... It's massive....

Lol...

Don't quote me on this but I think your iron stores get a bit depleted in the last trimester of pregnancy anyway so you may need to take it anyway. I always had a good Hb but it seems to drop last trimester.

I had to take it from fairly early on last time, my GP recommended stocking up for the next time - OH can romance me with loads of steak and spinach :D

I had to take it from fairly early on last time, my GP recommended stocking up for the next time - OH can romance me with loads of steak and spinach :D

I spose I've gotten off fairly lightly then... I only started taking it last week. That and a big dose of lactulose :)

So so so tired today. I'm stunned at how tired you get in early pregnancy.
    Also sore back again and an odd kind of pain / discomfort along the right side of my public bone. Felt quite a bit of cramping - not the bad kind, just like things are shifting around- yesterday and the discomfort along that side is lasting a bit.
    I'd give anything to be able to have a little nap.

Work would probably object though.

Oh i hear you on the iron. Im taking it in tablet form so taste isnt bothering me but jaysus the constipation. Was already suffering a bit but now fairly bad. Take iron in the morning then fybogel and a big glass of prune juice. Fybogel gives me desperate heartburm so then have to take gaviscon. I dont know what im like withbit all.

Serious nesting goin on but have everywhere cleaned and scrubbed and have myself wrecked now. Was going to cook a few things and freeze them for when after the babys born but ive no space in the freezer. Typical.

Suucee wrote: »
    Oh i hear you on the iron. Im taking it in tablet form so taste isnt bothering me but jaysus the constipation. Was already suffering a bit but now fairly bad. Take iron in the morning then fybogel and a big glass of prune juice. Fybogel gives me desperate heartburm so then have to take gaviscon. I dont know what im like withbit all.

Serious nesting goin on but have everywhere cleaned and scrubbed and have myself wrecked now. Was going to cook a few things and freeze them for when after the babys born but ive no space in the freezer. Typical.

I'm feeling the need to do some organising... It's just IMPOSSIBLE with a 15 month old! I can't get anything done :(

• Advertisement

I'm feeling the need to do some organising... It's just IMPOSSIBLE with a 15 month old! I can't get anything done :(

Awh my LO 21 monthe so likes to "help" . Shes obsessed with all the baby stuff. Keep finding her teddy either in the moses basket or bouncer. Think we will need to make sure she doesnt put anything in on top of the baby when he comes.

Advertisement