Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have gastritis possibly not being helped by my double fecking iron. My mum is here to mind C today which is just aswel because she slept lying on me (and 37 week bump) last night she was so miserable with teeth. I'm literally aching from head to toe after sleeping sitting up, I have the runs on and off (bloody pregnant hormones not because I'm sick), I rolled on my back when I was napping and now I feel super ill.

So basically moan blah blah blah moan.

Oh and still waiting on blood results after they tested the wrong things last time and I'm terrified of going into labour before I have them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You poor old sausage cyning, you've been through the mill in the last couple of weeks haven't you? Hugs to you :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my throat feels like i swallowed a pack of razors.

have spent most of the day asleep on the sofa :(:(:(

Merkin wrote: »
    You poor old sausage cyning, you've been through the mill in the last couple of weeks haven't you? Hugs to you :)

I think the major problem I have is I'm a complete moan and I hate being pregnant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

John Mason wrote: »
    my throat feels like i swallowed a pack of razors.

have spent most of the day asleep on the sofa :(:(:(

You really are having it so tough :\

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning wrote: »
    I think the major problem I have is I'm a complete moan and I hate being pregnant ;)

Snap!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

January wrote: »
    You really are having it so tough :\

ah i am just a moany cow.

but the husband has been banished to his parents on saturday night and i am having a girly sleep over.

cant wait :-) then on monday i have a painter coming in to paint the whole down stairs

but the husband has been banished to his parents on saturday night and i am having a girly sleep over.

That sounds divine! I wish I could get rid of my OH for a night and have my mates over... God it's been years since we've done something like fun like that...

cant wait :-) then on monday i have a painter coming in to paint the whole down stairs

Your not a moany cow at all! Jeez you've broken bones and everything!

Operation evict baby and avoid induction is officially starting :)

cyning wrote: »

Operation evict baby and avoid induction is officially starting :)

How many weeks are you now... 37 right? You think it possible to try get him out now? Maybe I should start aswell... I'm so over it all!

Sex, pineapple and maternity ball here I come. (My poor poor husband....).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

ooh pineapple is meant to help things along? Havent heard that one, may try it, fed up here too:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Im too afraid to start eviction process incase it works still no idea about placenta. Rang hosp today and said i wasnt on the priority list. Eh near 36 weeks and unsure if placenta is low.
    In my opinion that is a bit of a priority. She said the will contact me in the next few days.

Also had a dream ages ago that had baba on OHs birthday. Thats tomorrow. Doubt it

Suucee wrote: »
    Im too afraid to start eviction process incase it works still no idea about placenta. Rang hosp today and said i wasnt on the priority list. Eh near 36 weeks and unsure if placenta is low.
    In my opinion that is a bit of a priority. She said the will contact me in the next few days.

Ah yea of course suucee. I hope you find out soon and all is ok.

Moomin I heard that pineapple helps things along. Prob an auld wives tale... But I ate it by the bucket load 3 weeks before due date last year and LO came a week early :). Prob just a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Apparently you need to eat the equivalent of 7 pineapples for the enzyme in pineapple that brings on labour (Bromelain) to work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Raw Pineapple blisters my mouth when pregnant:(
    ugh it has got to the stage when I hear someone is pregnant I feel sorry for them 1st then remember to congratulate them.

January wrote: »
    Apparently you need to eat the equivalent of 7 pineapples for the enzyme in pineapple that brings on labour (Bromelain) to work.

Lol... I must've eaten about that per day! Lol.

Apparently it's around 4 bonks aswell to work... :)... Sorry if I'm being crude... OH is going to be running for the pineapples...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

So how many bounces on the ball. Might be the easier option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I have pineapple every day! I'm only 18 weeks, is it dangerous?!

Suucee wrote: »
    So how many bounces on the ball. Might be the easier option.

Haha... About a million I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Merkin wrote: »
    I have pineapple every day! I'm only 18 weeks, is it dangerous?!

No. As mentioned you'd need to eat about 7 of them for them to do anything, and most likely then they just induce diarrhea! It's the cramps of that that induce labour. If you are 7 pineapples you've bigger problems anyway.

• Advertisement

I "burnt" my mouth on pineapple last time... Seriously painful! It's not pleasant at all...

Do I honestly think I can evict babs? No, but seriously after 5 rounds of the gel last time and being a snivelling moany wreck, I'd prefer a nicer birth experience so I'm willing to try! Not to be BEGGING for the epidural at 2cm... Even if I did 2-10cm in less than half an hour while getting epidural!!

Awe best of luck Hun.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found stress brought on my 1st labour:)
    walking can help other then that I am at the stage of begining nothing brings on labour except labour!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I found stress brought on my 1st labour:)
    walking can help other then that I am at the stage of begining nothing brings on labour except labour!

You know you could have a point there! Me and OH had the mother of all rows the day I went into labour last time. It lasted literally ALL day. We made up eventually at 11.30pm that night (id been having cramps during the day)... And my waters went 2 hours later in bed.

Maybe I'll try and orchestrate something this time.... Hmmmm.
    But until then, I'm gonna give Miley Cirus a run for her money on the mat ball...

Ya I must try get out walking more you'd think lifting C around the place would help: I couldn't get on my ball at all tonight with flipping visitors ;) tomorrow night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I fell 3 days before going into labour with my little guy, ended up with stitches in my knee which stopped me been able bend the knee which made labour super hard when nurse kept pushing my leg around (she near got kicked in the mouth ooops)

My moan,
    Finding the end of this pregnancy alot harder than the first one. Not sure if its because I had 8 week gap between pregnancies or what. Last night I was SUPER uncomfortable with alot of pressure really low down and at one point I was woke up with pains in my nether Region which kept me awake for some time. Reminded me of like the pelvis separating. Anyway with that and how intense BH are getting I'm starting to worry so tomorrow I'm going to try get hold of my GP and say it to him.. Does anyone else mainly on there 2nd or 3rd pregnancy feel this baby is MASSIVE? I was told another small baby 7 weeks ago but starting to think alot bigger now and I've had no scan since 22 weeks and told I'll have no more unless baby stops growing (which I thought the scan would be best indicator)

Sorry all I'm just a ball of stress and worry.. I need to get to the end of the 40 weeks to have this little bugga boo as I've to be home with J too

I think I wrote something very similar to that a few weeks ago SS. I had much more pressure, much more Braxton hicks much more frequently and I feel huge. They do think this baba is big probably around 9 pounds... It's much much harder when you have a small one too :( I've gotten more used to the pressure and bh as the weeks have gone on though.

I have a slightly bigger gap then you,baby will be 15 months.
    My hips are wrecked I am hobbling and lifting heavy baby up the stairs is hard,emptying and filling dishwasher is a nightmare as is washing.
    My 5 year old is brilliant at helping me pick up stuff from the floor and at that but I feel sorry for them all.
    We don't have much longer to go!!

I fell 3 days before going into labour with my little guy, ended up with stitches in my knee which stopped me been able bend the knee which made labour super hard when nurse kept pushing my leg around (she near got kicked in the mouth ooops)

My moan,
    Finding the end of this pregnancy alot harder than the first one. Not sure if its because I had 8 week gap between pregnancies or what. Last night I was SUPER uncomfortable with alot of pressure really low down and at one point I was woke up with pains in my nether Region which kept me awake for some time. Reminded me of like the pelvis separating. Anyway with that and how intense BH are getting I'm starting to worry so tomorrow I'm going to try get hold of my GP and say it to him.. Does anyone else mainly on there 2nd or 3rd pregnancy feel this baby is MASSIVE? I was told another small baby 7 weeks ago but starting to think alot bigger now and I've had no scan since 22 weeks and told I'll have no more unless baby stops growing (which I thought the scan would be best indicator)

Sorry all I'm just a ball of stress and worry.. I need to get to the end of the 40 weeks to have this little bugga boo as I've to be home with J too

Omg you poor thing having stitches last time! Maybe this stress theory is right!

I'm also finding the last few weeks of this pregnancy sooo much harder than last time. I feel a LOT bigger but am weighing slightly less (for now). I'm also feeling a huge amount of pressure "down there" which I definitely didnt have first time around. My consultant said that's normal tho when you've already had one as your muscles aren't as tight and toned down below as before.

Last time now I was off work and Nesting and staying in my pjs all day and it was bliss! This time I'm running after a 15 month old who's just learnt to run and scream and have the odd melt down when he doesn't get what he wants. Needless to say I'm exhausted! Can't even get out for walks because I'm not able to push pram and walk myself as get terrible shortness of breath.

Last time was definitely WAAAAAY easier for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I am swearing now no babies in the coming year.. 2 is more than enough.

As for those stitches it was hell and they took them out when I was knocked out 3 days is too quick so now I've a huge scar

Advertisement