Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Fish oil capsules do not want to stay down! bleurgh... thankfully my 4-day headache lifted this morning, think it was just lack of sleep. Now just back to the nausea and tiredness :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ouch pain baby is pushing down on something I think judging by the pain in my belly and legs... Think I'm getting a stupid bug too I've such a sick stomach...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ah guys my nipples are on FIRE! My ever-expanding comedy boobs continue to grow every day and are always uncomfortable but today I have extreme burning in both nipples. Ouch! Looked this up (I'm 18+4) and apparently it's a sign that lactation is beginning. Anyone else have this? I'm talking red hot fire nips here! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Merkin wrote: »
    Ah guys my nipples are on FIRE! My ever-expanding comedy boobs continue to grow every day and are always uncomfortable but today I have extreme burning in both nipples. Ouch! Looked this up (I'm 18+4) and apparently it's a sign that lactation is beginning. Anyone else have this? I'm talking red hot fire nips here! :o

Mine have felt like that off and on and I'm only 7+6:eek:

Totally fed up with waking up anywhere between 4am - 5:30am and then being awake with no possibility of going back to sleep.
    This morning was particularly bad. My stomach was ......well crampy and it felt like I was going to need to go to the bathroom lots but didn't.
    Tired, uncomfortable, have a long long day ahead with work and all I want to do is go back to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Yes I have this. I have described it as like having red hot pokers sticking into my nipples and boobs. Horrendous! It has been happening to me on and off the whole pregnancy, I'm 19 + 3 now. Definitely worse if my boobs get cold. Look up nipple vasospasm - I think that's what I have as my nipples go unnatural colours (white/purple/black).

• Advertisement

Oh girls, thank you! You really have my sympathies because my boobs have taken on a life of their own, kind of reassuring to know I'm not alone. Funnily enough, before I even did my pregnancy test they were incredibly sensitive and there has been no let up really, I've gone up THREE cup sizes since conception so I'll need to have special doors fitted at this rate.

Have yours grown Penny? Min really started to grow in earnest from about 7-8 weeks!

Do any of you wear a maternity bra to bed? I'm waking myself up by turning on them - seriously!

Ocean, EXACTLY like red hot pokers and that is mad you mention that about multicoloured nipples too! I have a bath when I get home from work every evening and while the rest of me is toasty, my nipples go from blue to purple and look like they are about to fall off! Definitely have vasospasm by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

The JML Belvia bra (or penneys or dunnes version of them) are great for sleeping in, they give support but they're soft. My boobs were also like boulders :)

Oh wow thank you, will get a couple immediately!

I always need to use nipple cream mid pregnancy... Lansinoh is great. Try and buy it in the tub not the tube if you can it's much easier to get out. You can buy Nuk breast pad yokes that go in the freezer too if you start getting more than nipple pain!

Thanks so much Cyning, I wasn't even aware such a thing existed - really appreciate it! x

• Advertisement

After 15 months of breastfeeding I can honestly say pregnancy hurts more! Well aside from the first 2 weeks maybe ;)

I also needed to use breast pads inside my bra and that helped too... I used the ones I bought for baba no 1 I had no need for...

I am having a mini heart attack at the thoughts of baba being here so soon for the record. I'm so not ready!

I'm sure everyone must feel like that as the time draws close. How long have you to go?

I'm sure everyone must feel like that as the time draws close. How long have you to go?

2 and a half weeks but an induction over the next week or so if I'm favourable: hosp appt tomorrow so I guess I'll see at that!

Oh my goodness, any day then! And a little Pisces baby too - we're a great star sign :D Best of luck with everything xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Oh girls, thank you! You really have my sympathies because my boobs have taken on a life of their own, kind of reassuring to know I'm not alone. Funnily enough, before I even did my pregnancy test they were incredibly sensitive and there has been no let up really, I've gone up THREE cup sizes since conception so I'll need to have special doors fitted at this rate.

Have yours grown Penny? Min really started to grow in earnest from about 7-8 weeks!

Do any of you wear a maternity bra to bed? I'm waking myself up by turning on them - seriously!

Ocean, EXACTLY like red hot pokers and that is mad you mention that about multicoloured nipples too! I have a bath when I get home from work every evening and while the rest of me is toasty, my nipples go from blue to purple and look like they are about to fall off! Definitely have vasospasm by the looks of things.

They grew a fair bit at the start and seem enormous already (well for me - I had quite small boobs to start off with A cup) but they haven't grown too much since. My bras are still (just about) fitting.
    The tenderness is something else though. Like you they wake me up if I turn over on them during the night.
    I'm reluctant to go out and buy new clothes and underwear just yet. I'm hoping that things will stay as they are ( I haven't really put on any weight yet either - I weight myself first thing on a Monday and its pretty static) for a little while longer. The evening time is when I feel very bloated and heavy in my pelvic area. At least then I'm at home and can get into my trackkie bottoms and slippers!

The tenderness has never really abated for me to be honest Penny, although thankfully they are at their most painful in the morning. I definitely wouldn't splurge on too much new underwear at this stage, wait until they've grown a bit more!

Don't worry about not putting on weight. I had no sickness at all and have had a great (piggy) appetite and I put on just under 2lbs in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy. I've put on 1lb a week since. Am eating lots and while I absolutely want what's best for baby and my diet is great (bar a ridiculous sweet tooth) I also don't want to turn into an elephant as I was close to two stone overweight when I got pregnant.

So don't worry about your weight. Lots of women LOSE quite a substantial amount in the first trimester due to sickness so I wouldn't worry at all about not gaining! :)

I lost 21 pounds in the first trimester on my first. This time I lost maybe 10 I'm only up 8 pounds on what I was before I got pregnant at 37.5 weeks :) and I'm expecting a big baby apparently.... Weight gain isn't everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

cyning wrote: »
    I lost 21 pounds in the first trimester on my first. This time I lost maybe 10 I'm only up 8 pounds on what I was before I got pregnant at 37.5 weeks :) and I'm expecting a big baby apparently.... Weight gain isn't everything!

I had no morning sickness, so I'm up from 11.8 to 12.13 at 20 weeks :o
    Hopefully I don't go up another stone in the next 20! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I've two stone on and I'm only 26 weeks!!! I have had a tremendous appetite and an appalling sweet tooth. The funny thing is, I don't feel like i've put on loads of weight, I have quite a big bump, but I don't think i've got huge anywhere else. I'm trying not to worry too much. I ran a lot before I got pregnant and have never struggled with my weight, so hopefully I won't have too much of a job shedding it on the other end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

ncmc wrote: »
    I've two stone on and I'm only 26 weeks!!! I have had a tremendous appetite and an appalling sweet tooth. The funny thing is, I don't feel like i've put on loads of weight, I have quite a big bump, but I don't think i've got huge anywhere else. I'm trying not to worry too much. I ran a lot before I got pregnant and have never struggled with my weight, so hopefully I won't have too much of a job shedding it on the other end.

I've put on 3 stone!!!! :(. I was 8st7 pre-preg and now 11st6 at 37 weeks. Praying I don't put anymore on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

At 36 +4 I have put on 1 st 6 lbs so not too bad .... Though ive been eating biscuits this week like they are going out of fashion :0

LH2013 wrote: »
    At 36 +4 I have put on 1 st 6 lbs so not too bad .... Though ive been eating biscuits this week like they are going out of fashion :0

Stop! :o
    I've a serious hankering on me for tasty things today (and every day) and we're having a really broke week (overspent when out for the baby scan on Saturday) so I've no goodies left! Had two choc-...

Oh fack, there's still a Bounty Ice-Cream in the freezer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm 32 weeks and have put on a stone so far this pregnancy. To be fair I have been eating nothing but crap though!

I hate all you ladies who have put on less than a stone and half....

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I hate all you ladies who have put on less than a stone and half....

You know, I said the same, but my partner's new fascination with my very curvy bum and boobs made me think otherwise. I bought a dress for an outing on Friday and he took it right off me when I tried it on. Apparently a skin-tight stretchy midi-dress makes me look so womanly he thinks he can get me more pregnant - I felt like a cavewoman!!!!! :pac:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    You know, I said the same, but my partner's new fascination with my very curvy bum and boobs made me think otherwise. I bought a dress for an outing on Friday and he took it right off me when I tried it on. Apparently a skin-tight stretchy midi-dress makes me look so womanly he thinks he can get me more pregnant - I felt like a cavewoman!!!!! :pac:

Rofl!!! That's grand when you're 20 weeks... It's hard to even get near me the way I look now.... Lol lol. McGyver would even have trouble....

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Rofl!!! That's grand when you're 20 weeks... It's hard to even get near me the way I look now.... Lol lol. McGyver would even have trouble....

It was hilarious, I think he even snarled at me at one point!
    I have an enormous bump (OH has to bend his back to be able to kiss me when hugging) but there's just no stopping a desperate man :o
    Mind you, he's gotten the "Don't fracking touch me, you're disgusting/I'm disgusting/It's disgusting" speech on more than one occasion :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah my partner is very randy of late too! Usually I'm game... but I'm just tooooo tired these days... it's mostly in the morning time after the kids go to school he gets it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Don't worry bout losing the weight after girls,i put on 3 stone nearly,mostly in the first two trimesters as i had no room to eat in the third,never realised my stomach would get so pushed up! Anyway after i had my little guy i lost a stone almost straight away,and a stone and half half in the next week or so,i am now currently 3 pounds off my pre pregnancy weight,and i had him almost 6 weeks ago,i do think it is down to breast feeding a lot tho,and walking nearly every day too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I put on just a smidgen over 2 stone on my twins. I noticed about halfway through that my maternity clothes were hanging off me on the bum/hips and my shoulders and arms. As with Coopaloop by the last trimester there was very little room in my stomach and I got full very quickly. A month of hospital meals also helped keep the weight off! I am now almost 10 weeks postnatal and weigh less than pre pregnancy. :)

I haven't actually being doing anything to loose weight yet, just out walking with the babies (but pushing a double buggy uphill is great for the aul bingo wings! ) but I was a bit heavy before I got pregnant thanks to the hormones I was taking for fertility. I am hoping that now my scar is well on the way to healing I am hoping to go back to the gym twice a week and myself and my girlies are all set to start swimming next week! Can't wait to see how they get on!

Advertisement