Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I want to put on a tight tight tighter than tight body con dress.... (With cleavage)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I want to put on a tight tight tighter than tight body con dress.... (With cleavage)...

I have to keep the cleavage locked up or I'd end up knocking myself out at a fast walk!!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I have to keep the cleavage locked up or I'd end up knocking myself out at a fast walk!!

Haha... Body con with cleavage is my unrealistic goal for a couple months time! But I know my boobs will prob be like empty sacks at that stage.... Breast feeding sucked the life out if them last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Arrghh such a craptastic day! Nausea still ruling my life. this afternoon for the second time this week a girl close by me in the lab is using a chemical that should not be out in open air, for normal safety never mind pregnancy. after myself and another guy had a friendly word with her about it and she didnt change what she was doing (they dont know im preggers) I left the lab and emailed our lab manager about it (who does know I'm preggers). Lab manager also had a word but didn't actual solve the problem, the girl didn't clean up the stuff and the place still reeked. had to stay out of the lab so went to check out my mice and one of them bit me! Panic stations! I'd visions of my little bub getting some awful mouse disease! Useless lab manager had no idea where I should go, even though it is her bloody job, except that the place for students was closed (I'm not a student). Thanks to a couple of lovely helpful people who I eventually found in health & safety, I got the all clear. Thankfully all my shots are up to date and the mouse was clean. But it was a fecking horrible afternoon! Now I just hope the other wan keeps the chemicals where they should be tomorrow. Rant over!

Arrghh such a craptastic day! Nausea still ruling my life. this afternoon for the second time this week a girl close by me in the lab is using a chemical that should not be out in open air, for normal safety never mind pregnancy. after myself and another guy had a friendly word with her about it and she didnt change what she was doing (they dont know im preggers) I left the lab and emailed our lab manager about it (who does know I'm preggers). Lab manager also had a word but didn't actual solve the problem, the girl didn't clean up the stuff and the place still reeked. had to stay out of the lab so went to check out my mice and one of them bit me! Panic stations! I'd visions of my little bub getting some awful mouse disease! Useless lab manager had no idea where I should go, even though it is her bloody job, except that the place for students was closed (I'm not a student). Thanks to a couple of lovely helpful people who I eventually found in health & safety, I got the all clear. Thankfully all my shots are up to date and the mouse was clean. But it was a fecking horrible afternoon! Now I just hope the other wan keeps the chemicals where they should be tomorrow. Rant over!

Doing science in college and I am in labs daily. Usually get a student or six who are just like this numpty! Everyone knows I am pregnant (the extra foot in frontal width is hard to hide :D ) but you would think they would at least have some respect for their own health, never mind that of mine and my unborn child!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sore throat :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I am 31 weeks and I have put on 3 pound lol.

Had no morning sickness, just a complete loss of any interest in food.

I lost a lot of weight in the first 3 months but my mother was the same, she after she had me she weighed less than before I got pregnant!!!

I am still wearing my normal bras and tops with maternity jeans.
    My moan for today is an horrendous head cold, cough, sore throat. I completely lost my voice on Sunday and it still isn't back :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Doing science in college and I am in labs daily. Usually get a student or six who are just like this numpty! Everyone knows I am pregnant (the extra foot in frontal width is hard to hide :D ) but you would think they would at least have some respect for their own health, never mind that of mine and my unborn child!

Gah that is so annoying! Especially since they know. Some people! I'm usually totally fine with asking people to go use the fume hood for trizol/bmercaps/whatever poison, sometimes they just have been trained badly so can't be mad. But since I'm preggers and haven't announced it yet, I'm suddenly weird about drawing attention to myself. Once I get the belly out front I'll have no bother using it to shame them ;)

I'm really glad to see another science-Mum-to-be here :D best of luck with your course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

OMG! I am so tired. I had a great nights sleep last night, felt fine this morning get to lunchtime and I need a nap. Actually I fell asleep at my desk yesterday at lunchtime:o Thankfully I have an office of my own and no one came looking for me. Could you imagine the mortification if I'd gotten caught!!
    I am so happy that I'm off tomorrow - I get a lie in and then a lovely afternoon of pampering. Bliss:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Ugh I'm only 14 weeks along with 3rd child and already fed up. I haven't the get up and go for housework or anything else. My husband must insist on coming in from work. Playing Xbox till 2am, come to bed waking me, farting and snoring like a foghorn all night. I feel murder pangs coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Thankfully hubby knows better and with a 10 month old we both go bed early.. its getting up in the morning that sucks. I could go any day now I'm 33 weeks today and he won't offer to get up and give me an hour extra. Wouldn't mind I give him the odd day off and not one back

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

Oh god a stone would be lovely. I've almost 4 put on. A lot of it is fluid thank god. Going in to be induced in the morning so hope to lose good bit of weight in the next 24 hours. They say it's the quickest stone we will ever lose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I've been lucky both times now not up a stone yet and just about that at the end first time round.but feel like a whale even with nurse saying I'm all bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I don't know what's annoying me more the people saying HUUUGE or the ones saying I'm tiny. That's me being totally irrational though ;)

I'm constipated again and nothing is working, stupid iron not helping!

cyning wrote: »
    I don't know what's annoying me more the people saying HUUUGE or the ones saying I'm tiny. That's me being totally irrational though ;)

I'm constipated again and nothing is working, stupid iron not helping!

Have you tried a bit of lactulose?

A lot of it I've been taking it with the iron: it just doesn't seem to be working. Tried fybogel, and coffee today normally helps but nothing doing. Could do without it now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

How about prune juice?

I used to mix a little bit of milpar with lactulose... It always did the trick. But I'm not sure if u can take milpar whilst preggers.... I'm sure ur eating prunes by the dozen...

No prunes they are the mankiest yokes puking would not help! I'm on double iron so hopefully all I drank etc today will help tomorrow... I really don't want to have to get something from doc again!

No prunes they are the mankiest yokes puking would not help! I'm on double iron so hopefully all I drank etc today will help tomorrow... I really don't want to have to get something from doc again!

Lol. Try blocking or holding your nose taking them or chop them up really really small and add them to your cereal or whatever. They are really the best things going for constipation. Lol. The dried ones I don't find as bad as the tinned ones which are vile. But yes they're
    Mank. Drink loadsa water. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Best of luck clareames! Wishing you a safe and fast delivery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

Cyning

if you can stomach Kiwi fruit, they're pretty good at getting things going. Also try drinking a glass of warm water with the lactulose, lactulose works by drawing water into the bowel so it might work.

I think I must finally be developing the dreaded piles :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Me too, only in the last week. Just hope they will go back after all :-(

Get something from doc for them or in chemist... No point in being in pain :)

Get something from doc for them or in chemist... No point in being in pain :)

I've never had them before, so I'm not ure. Been constipated (first time in the pregnancy) for the past week or so with no movement (tried everything) and yesterday when I went there was blood - too much for a cut, definitely not coming from the baby maker :p
    Been a bit sore when I pass gas too, so I assumed it's piles?

Sounds like it alright... I didn't get them until after labour last time and ignored them. Not a good plan ;) try not to get constipated it will make them worse. I've had them a few times this time they are the pits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I've never had them before, so I'm not ure. Been constipated (first time in the pregnancy) for the past week or so with no movement (tried everything) and yesterday when I went there was blood - too much for a cut, definitely not coming from the baby maker :p
    Been a bit sore when I pass gas too, so I assumed it's piles?

Piles are another name for haemorrhoids, which you may or may not have, although very unlikely after only a week of constipation. A small amount of bright red blood is usually from difficult passage of the poo through your rectum, it can be quite scary the first time it happens, and it's a good sign that you need to start proactively managing your constipation.

You'll know all about it when you have piles as you'll - sorry, I know this is gross - usually actually feel a protrusion coming out of your bum hole when you push. A haemorrhoid in that area usually comes from over pushing or straining and the blood vessels get larger, pushing through the rectal wall. Bright red fresh bleeding in small amounts is likely from a small wall tear from the rock hard poop you're passing.

The first thing to look at is diet and hydration - fibre rich foods like green leafy veg, all veg in fact, fruits but especially grapes, kiwis, prunes, figs, pears, and beans. All bran is like brillo pads for your colon, works pretty well (too well sometimes).

Make sure you're getting your 2L of water in a day, dehydration can happen pretty fast in pregnancy and constipation is a nasty result of too little fluid.

If that doesn't work try prune juice - the Sunsweet one you get in most supermarkets is great. It tastes like dirty socks and dog hair blended together, but it works :D A glass each evening and in the morning ( regular glass, not a hyoooge one) should see you passing a nice soft poop in a day or two. Fybogel is a soluble fibre sachet that you can drink in a glass of water, it's easily picked up in the Chemist.

If that still doesn't work you can go for something a little heavier duty. Duphalac is available over the counter and is cheap as chips, just speak with the Pharmacist on duty first to make sure it's suitable for your pregnancy. A small dose of that each night and morning will regulate most women.

The pain you feel when passing gas is because there's a build up of it - the poo is moving slowly through your colon because progesterone, one of your pregnancy hormones is slowing it down. One thing you can do to gently help relieve blocked and painful gas is do a self massage on the colon. Place your right hand just above your right hip bone to the side of your bump. Start moving the tops of your fingers in small, firm but not deep movements. Start moving your hand upwards towards your ribs, and move the circular motions across your body under the ribcage, then down the left hand side. You are effectively moving your hand across the passage of your colon and helping any gas stuck in there to move out.

Constipation is absolutely horrendous though, so do try and figure out ways to combat it, straining painfully on the loo is not a fun way to pass (no pun intended :D ) the time.

Jerrica wrote: »
    One thing you can do to gently help relieve blocked and painful gas is do a self massage on the colon. Place your right hand just above your right hip bone to the side of your bump. Start moving the tops of your fingers in small, firm but not deep movements. Start moving your hand upwards towards your ribs, and move the circular motions across your body under the ribcage, then down the left hand side. You are effectively moving your hand across the passage of your colon and helping any gas stuck in there to move out.

When I read the very first sentence of this paragraph I swear I thought you were going to start telling us which way to insert out fingers and how to twist them and turn them inside our rectum to do the massage!!! Hahaha. LMAO...
    Literally.

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    When I read the very first sentence of this paragraph I swear I thought you were going to start telling us which way to insert out fingers and how to twist them and turn them inside our rectum to do the massage!!! Hahaha. LMAO...
    Literally.

Literally what I thought.
    Laughed to myself thinking of ways I could convince Himself it was some new sexy thing that I wanted him to try :pac:

Advertisement