Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Having an odd day today with food, no interest in dinner at all, the thoughts of it is actually turning my stomach, no appetite whatsoever.

Anyone experience similar?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Having an odd day today with food, no interest in dinner at all, the thoughts of it is actually turning my stomach, no appetite whatsoever.

Yeah have lost all interest in food. It is no longer a pleasant experience for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Same... some days can't even be bothered to eat, have to force myself to. I find the same happens after I give birth, lose my appetite completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Why can't I have this problem????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Why can't I have this problem????

Wouldn't mind not wanting to eat for a bit either!

My problem is a complete lack of motivation. I'm miles behind on college work, all I want to do is sit on my bum and do nothing - certainly don't want to be awake at this time of night typing up a statistical report on the effects of weight and colour on woodlouse predation :pac:
    11th of April is my last day of college. Forever (excluding last exams) and I literally wish I could sleep it through. Dangerously close to deferring, but I'm also dangerously close to graduating. Contemplating going to my lab tomorrow morning and then skipping lectures to finish the report in the library (where Facebook etc is banned so I can't be distracted).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

pastry2010 wrote: »

Yep me too. When I wake up in the morning I'm starving which is good I suppose. So I have my porridge with nuts and seeds added along with a piece of fruit. At least I'm getting a good breakfast in which I'm happy about.
    From then until dinner time I feel nauseated almost all day - it had been just a little here and there but now its lasting longer and longer. I force myself to snack on some cashews and a few mandarins, grapes, apples, whatever I can handle during the rest of the day and drink lots of water.
    I do try to eat dinner and pick the most nutritious bits of it to start off with so when I hit the wall on what my stomach will tolerate at least I've eaten something good.

I've been (out of interest more than anything) weighing myself first thing every Monday morning since I tested positive and I've lost 5kg since getting pregnant. Two(ish) meals a day seem to be the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Yep me too. When I wake up in the morning I'm starving which is good I suppose. So I have my porridge with nuts and seeds added along with a piece of fruit. At least I'm getting a good breakfast in which I'm happy about.
    From then until dinner time I feel nauseated almost all day - it had been just a little here and there but now its lasting longer and longer. I force myself to snack on some cashews and a few mandarins, grapes, apples, whatever I can handle during the rest of the day and drink lots of water.
    I do try to eat dinner and pick the most nutritious bits of it to start off with so when I hit the wall on what my stomach will tolerate at least I've eaten something good.

I've been (out of interest more than anything) weighing myself first thing every Monday morning since I tested positive and I've lost 5kg since getting pregnant. Two(ish) meals a day seem to be the reason.

Id be careful about the fruit. I found the acidic nature of kiwis and oranges especially would make me feel sick for longer. Although unhealthy, I found crackers and bread kind of 'soaked up' the bile in my stomach making it go away faster. Then I would eat fruit and that later in the day when I felt better.

Id be careful about the fruit. I found the acidic nature of kiwis and oranges especially would make me feel sick for longer. Although unhealthy, I found crackers and bread kind of 'soaked up' the bile in my stomach making it go away faster. Then I would eat fruit and that later in the day when I felt better.

Its funny how what one of us shudders at another thinks "ohh that sounds good".
    I've been craving sharp slightly bitter tastes and so thats why I'm after the fruit. It actually doesn't make me any more nauseated than anything else. Too many carbs in the form of crackers or bread are.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Oh I craved the fruit too, and hated the gooey carbs, but it didn't do my morning / all day sickness any good!

:)

My moan is that I want to feel more pressure, I want to have a show and i want to have braxton hicks. I'm just so ready for this baby now and nothing is happening. I know im early... But I really think I'm gonna go over....

• Advertisement

Bus driver left 5 mins early this morning. Actually shrugged and smiled at me trying to run while holding my huge bump and drove. Now my partner is late for work because he couldnt let me walk the whole way home. Havent stopped crying (although thats the hormones). How flucking hard would it have been to stop and let me on??? He knows I buy my bus ticket online!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'd tear strips of him next time. Bus drivers here are lovely even when there not ment to stop they do that's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

I'd tear strips of him next time. Bus drivers here are lovely even when there not ment to stop they do that's awful

Karma is a great thing.. Maybe the bus will break down on him today Har Har.. What a w@nker..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My moan today. Its only 9.51 theres lads here for the next 2 days to replace the facia and gutters on mine and the neighbours house. There here 20 mins. The noise is driving my dogs demented and between the banging and the dogs ny 22 month old is terrified and clinging to me .
    Jeez maybe the stress will bring on labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hope you are all well in between moans ladies :D I'm feeling great thank goodness although I have two moans today.

Number one moan is the fact that I turned in bed in the middle of the night and I was actually terrified I did some damage as got a very sharp and intense lower abdominal/pelvic pain. It was extremely sharp but only lasted a minute so I googled it at 3am (one eye, holding phone up to my face) and it is quite common as pregnancy progresses and is caused by round ligament pain. I have my Dream Geneii pillow so I think I need to start using it from tonight.

Number two moan is my HORRENDOUS sinusitis, I flew on Friday and again yesterday and the plane trips have just exacerbated my nose trouble - it always seems to be full of blood and quite painful - anyone any tips on what I can do/use for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

My sinsuses have been blocked most of pregnancy too I think there's a natural sinus spray you can get but I've just been putting up with it and moaning:)

Been getting some mild swelling in my feet and ankles the past few days (I'm 25 weeks now) and going up to nurse today in my local GP just to get my BP and urine checked. preeclampsia has been my number 1 fear in pregnancy so I'm all worried now going up to get it checked today in case my results are bad (swelling can be a sign of it but of course also completely normal).

I haven't gone more than 3 weeks without getting it checked but now I'm past 24 weeks it's where it can happen so I'm even more anxious than normal:) I'm blaming the hormones but fingers crossed I'll get the all clear and by this evening I'll be at home relaxing eating pancakes!

I didn't know there was a spray Smokey so thank you, I'll talk to them in Boots as it's just really bloody and painful now! :(

Would you think about getting a home BP kit Smokey? We got this one on Amazon and it's brilliant. So straightforward to use and you can get your partner to check it weekly or however often you want. My BP is great thankfully but my paternal grandmother actually died from preeclampsia so I suppose it is something in the back of my mind and it's reassuring to check periodically. This little item has been wonderful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CYK6FA/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's also on offer too - reduced from £47.25 to £19.99 - bargain!

Merkin wrote: »
    I didn't know there was a spray Smokey so thank you, I'll talk to them in Boots as it's just really bloody and painful now! :(

Would you think about getting a home BP kit Smokey? We got this one on Amazon and it's brilliant. So straightforward to use and you can get your partner to check it weekly or however often you want. My BP is great thankfully but my paternal grandmother actually died from preeclampsia so I suppose it is something in the back of my mind and it's reassuring to check periodically. This little item has been wonderful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CYK6FA/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's also on offer too - reduced from £47.25 to £19.99 - bargain!

That's great I'll definitely look into it!

Very sorry about your grandmother but at least we know with leaps and bounds there's such a difference in how pregnant women are monitored and looked after with any type of difficulty that anything like that is incredibly rare:(

Oh I know Smokey, thank God for medical advances (although by all accounts she was a bit naughty and didn't go to hospital when told to!) Like you say, such complications are thankfully very rare these days.

How come you're worried about it so much? Have you a history of high BP or a family history of preeclampsia?

Oh I know Smokey, thank God for medical advances (although by all accounts she was a bit naughty and didn't go to hospital when told to!) Like you say, such complications are thankfully very rare these days.

How come you're worried about it so much? Have you a history of high BP or a family history of preeclampsia?

I'm carrying some weight so on my 3 month app my blood pressure was high enough but since then I've lost weight, got fit and my blood pressure has greatly improved and I'm doing well. It's just something I got into my head and that I can't get out now!

• Advertisement

You should definitely get a monitor Smokey! High BP is often a self-fulfilling prophecy in that worrying about it doesn't help it. Being able to keep an eye on it at home should help you enormously and really put your mind at ease.

You should definitely get a monitor Smokey! High BP is often a self-fulfilling prophecy in that worrying about it doesn't help it. Being able to keep an eye on it at home should help you enormously and really put your mind at ease.

Thanks Merkin:D I'm gonna do some nice slow breathing in docs before I go in and get her to give me a minute to relax before she takes it

Craving absolutely craving a vanilla milkshake today. In the end I had to take a sneaky run to my car about 30 minutes ago, buy one and smuggle it back to my desk in a Boots bag:eek::o

After I'd eaten/drank it (was the most delicious one ever and I don't even really like them normally) I thought "holy c**p am I allowed to eat/drink them":eek:
    I got it in Eddie Rockets which is a clean restaurant........have any of you given in to a need for a milk shake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Eddie Rockets make their shakes from frozen scoop ice cream blended with milk, it's not the soft scoop variety like mc donalds so it's fine. I used to work in Eddie R's a bajillion years ago and I made THE best chocolate malts - always made em extra big, too ;)

And now I need a strawberry milkshake.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets make their shakes from frozen scoop ice cream blended with milk, it's not the soft scoop variety like mc donalds so it's fine. I used to work in Eddie R's a bajillion years ago and I made THE best chocolate malts - always made em extra big, too ;)

Yazers! Thank you. I don't ordinarily like milkshakes - would you believe I've never had one in McDonalds.....actually I've never even had a Big Mac -- but today (after a rocky start nausea wise) it was all I could think about.
    The take away sizes aren't too big - they're just enough and it certainly satisfied my needs today.
    Now it was a guilt free treat.

Now I'm craving a milkshake so bad!!

Appointment was good, blood pressure good, no protein in urine but slight trace of blood and other thing that could be a UTI, nurse sent sample away for results but she said it's a tiny amount but if I feel more UTI symptoms to come up to her before results are in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Yazers! Thank you. I don't ordinarily like milkshakes - would you believe I've never had one in McDonalds.....actually I've never even had a Big Mac -- but today (after a rocky start nausea wise) it was all I could think about.
    The take away sizes aren't too big - they're just enough and it certainly satisfied my needs today.
    Now it was a guilt free treat.

I wouldn't bother with mc D's (but then, anything out of there makes me gag - and I'm not even preg ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

+1 on now wanting a milkshake.

• Advertisement

OMG Eddie Rockets milkshakes are the bomb!! I have frequently sent my oh down to purchase my regular Oreo Cookies milkshake! Soooooo yummy. I want one now!

Advertisement