Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Merkin wrote: »
    Thanks ShaSha, I just spoke to a friend's partner who is a paediatric nurse and she was very reassuring of the outcome so that helped.

Anomalies are really very rare so if I were you I would try and go for the scan simply to put your mind at ease as the chances of anything being detected are very slim. Why haven't you had one? If you can, I'd definitely go for one.
    Anomaly scans are not standard in a lot of hospitals here unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thanks ShaSha, I just spoke to a friend's partner who is a paediatric nurse and she was very reassuring of the outcome so that helped.

Anomalies are really very rare so if I were you I would try and go for the scan simply to put your mind at ease as the chances of anything being detected are very slim. Why haven't you had one? If you can, I'd definitely go for one.

They are not offered in my care :(
    A lot of the hospitals in Ireland have removed one scan from their care, some have removed the 12 week scan, others the 20 week scan. I can't get an anomaly scan done unless I go private and pay upwards on €200 for it (and I just don't have it to pay) so I have to wait until my final 32 week scan, which I've been informed is just a second dating scan to make sure the baby is still coming when she is meant to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    They are not offered in my care :(
    A lot of the hospitals in Ireland have removed one scan from their care, some have removed the 12 week scan, others the 20 week scan. I can't get an anomaly scan done unless I go private and pay upwards on €200 for it (and I just don't have it to pay) so I have to wait until my final 32 week scan, which I've been informed is just a second dating scan to make sure the baby is still coming when she is meant to.

This makes me so angry. I think 20 week scans should be standard in every hospital for every woman be they public or private. Not even gonna get started on this one..... Will work myself into a rage.... Lol.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    This makes me so angry. I think 20 week scans should be standard in every hospital for every woman be they public or private. Not even gonna get started on this one..... Will work myself into a rage.... Lol.

I was told by my midwife (with a tone of voice that indicated she feels exactly the same way as you) that because abortion is illegal in Ireland, the big men don't see what point there is in letting you find out if there is something wrong with your child.

Apparently 16 weeks to seek help, prepare, save and adjust is not a good enough reason :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I was told by my midwife (with a tone of voice that indicated she feels exactly the same way as you) that because abortion is illegal in Ireland, the big men don't see what point there is in letting you find out if there is something wrong with your child.

Apparently 16 weeks to seek help, prepare, save and adjust is not a good enough reason :mad:

That's an absolute bloody disgrace :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Wow that is shocking if that's the reason behind it. Were those scans ever standard and they've been cut or was it always this way?

Bit of a trivial moan, but still:

So I've been having just one kind of craving (on top of all the aversions) - a Rogan Josh from the Indian place beside where I used to live in Dublin. I'm now 3000 miles away frown.png Hubby has gone back to Dublin for a few days and he went there for old times' sake (and so I could live vicariously through his every bite). But it is now closed! Gone! There is a chinese restaurant in its place! I'm devastated!! I don't even like chinese food! rolleyes.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I refuse to start vomiting again at 39 weeks. I am not sick I am not sick I am not sick.

Just roll on Tues night to start this induction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Gas. Trapped gas. I should carry a sign around my neck declaring that standing near me may cause harm to bystanders' health. Jaysus the smells and sounds coming out of me belong in a Jackass movie :pac: But oh GOD the pain as it's working it's way out...

(Still, at least I'm not constipated anymore :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Jerrica wrote: »
    Gas. Trapped gas. I should carry a sign around my neck declaring that standing near me may cause harm to bystanders' health. Jaysus the smells and sounds coming out of me belong in a Jackass movie :pac: But oh GOD the pain as it's working it's way out...

(Still, at least I'm not constipated anymore :D)

I'm nearly 26 weeks and wind feels like agony already! The baby and I are starting to argue over space, he seems to squash my insides every time I bend down, roll over or try and do normal things and he gives me a kick telling me to get out of the way:D

I feel like the wind pains are good practice for labour:D

• Advertisement

Oh stop, I started using yoga breathing and putting what little I know so far about birthing positions into good use last night as I leant over the bed try to "labour" my windy belly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I went through a phase a few weeks ago were every time I laughed at something on telly, I farted :( hubby thought it was hilarious, I found it totally mortifying! Seems to have passed.... For the moment anyway!

I wish I was more embarrassed about mine. I toot it out like a badge of honour :o

I warned my two classmates that escape-artist gas was likely to be a symptom. One of them is a lad and the other a girl very much like myself. I made such a mockery and laugh out of it happening that I don't think they'll care much if it actually does. I suffer bad trapped wind outside of pregnancy, so I've never had an occurrence where it managed to sneak out unnoticed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Fed up fed up fed up. Chest infection now in its 4th week, lungs getting squashed by my 17 weeker not helping. Antibiotics not working. Mommy can't wait for baby number 4, really, I genuinely am so excited at the prospect, but I HATE being pregnant. HATE IT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I truely hate been pregnant but love been a mummy. Had some satisfaction in packing my hospital bag but now I'm sat looking at it thinking I can't wait to use it. But I gotta its a pain and I hate it..
    Having a few problems this time round thanks to the first time round and it's truely taken its toll so I'm sat here feeling sorry for myself. What's worse when DS has his nap hubby has no problem taken over the couch to fall asleep god forbid the pregnant woman should be comfortable

Over the last ten days have developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left thumb - ouch! It's more annoying than severely painful thankfully so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. Apparently my Mum had it for all her pregnancies (developing around the 20 week mark) and it abated as soon as me and my siblings made our appearances! Anyone else had it?

Over the last ten days have developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left thumb - ouch! It's more annoying than severely painful thankfully so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. Apparently my Mum had it for all her pregnancies (developing around the 20 week mark) and it abated as soon as me and my siblings made our appearances! Anyone else had it?

Not got it (yet) but the idea of it terrifies me considering 99% of my college work has to be typed :cool:
    All I'm suffering from is the numbness in my left thigh, and if I'm standing for too long I get hot, stabbing pains shooting down as far as my knee. It's only just bearable, but it can bring tears to my eyes when it really smarts! :o
    Just four more weeks of college before the break (which is a month long) so hopefully there are not too many lab assignments left to do (I have to stand in them for up to 3 hours)!

Had to spend a fiver just to use my card in the college to buy a drink. Ended up having to buy stationary to jack up the price. Bought a fabulous "lecture pad" with built in dividers and a sleek, glossy cover.
    Which I totally didn't need.
    By the way I have a huge stationary fetish.
    I may have had enough for the drink in my purse :rolleyes:

It is only painful at night/first thing in the morning so if you do get it Shasha it hopefully won't impinge on all your typing!

Can any allowances be made for you in the lab? It seems horrendous having to stand for such a length of time if you are in pain.

My sister had it on her first Merkin and unfortunately for her it got worse and worse as the pregnancy went on. She ended up not being able to hold her knife and fork! She had to get surgery on it after the baby was born. It was so painful, I hope it does pass for you.

• Advertisement

Hopefully it won't be so bad. Mum said hers was annoying but tolerable and disappeared instantly soon after each birth so hopefully it will be the same for me :)Your poor sister, that sounds awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Hopefully it won't be so bad. Mum said hers was annoying but tolerable and disappeared instantly soon after each birth so hopefully it will be the same for me :)Your poor sister, that sounds awful!

I have it in both hands since about 32 weeks .. Very sore at night and first thing in morning ...... Doc signed me off two weeks early because I couldnt type at work etc manageable though !

Sorry to hear you are in pain, shashabear. I heard at a pregnancy class last week that some relaxin (sp?) hormone is released from pretty early in pregnancy and it loosens your ligaments etc not just in your pelvic area where it is needed but all over your body too. It can cause carpel tunnel syndrome among other sore joints. So, I guess its another annoying, normal part of pregnancy. Oh yay. I hope it eases soon for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm not moaning cause I'm not pregnant anymore woohoooooooo :D baby Sinead born this morning weighing a hefty 8lbs 12 ounces :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

:rolleyes:
    cyning wrote: »
    I'm not moaning cause I'm not pregnant anymore woohoooooooo :D baby Sinead born this morning weighing a hefty 8lbs 12 ounces :)

Yazers:) Congratulations.

Wonderful news cyning!!

cyning wrote: »

Congrats! Welcome Sinead!

That’s brilliant news cyning, congrats. Lovely name and lovely bouncing baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congrats Cyning!

Advertisement