Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

The tears, OMG the tears!:eek:
    Yesterday for no good reason I'd cry at the drop of a hat. I had a lovely day with my husband but I just kept crying. He thinks its sweet (now that he has confirmed that he hasn't done anything wrong:)) but it took ages for them to stop.

Now today its almost more of the same. Thankfully I have an office to myself with a door that is firmly shut today. I was reading up online about what happens to your body during and after labour and I just keep tearing up. Its not that I'm scared of it (also not exactly looking forward to it either but its a means to an end and so will be done regardless- no point getting upset about it as its too late for any choice now) but I just can't stop with the tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

The tears, OMG the tears!:eek:
    Yesterday for no good reason I'd cry at the drop of a hat. I had a lovely day with my husband but I just kept crying. He thinks its sweet (now that he has confirmed that he hasn't done anything wrong:)) but it took ages for them to stop.

Now today its almost more of the same. Thankfully I have an office to myself with a door that is firmly shut today. I was reading up online about what happens to your body during and after labour and I just keep tearing up. Its not that I'm scared of it (also not exactly looking forward to it either but its a means to an end and so will be done regardless- no point getting upset about it as its too late for any choice now) but I just can't stop with the tears.

I know this feeling!! My emotions are so heightened all the time I have no control over it! I'm so in love and happy I cry just looking at my fiance and thinking about our life when the new little man arrives, I cry worrying about labour and complications, I cry watching the Johnson's baby ad every time, I cry watching One Born Every Minute, and sometimes I just cry because I just need to! My fiance is same as your hubbie he thinks it's sweet and is very reassuring especially if it's over worrying through pregnancy. I'm just hoping in labour I'll be a bit more focused and won't fall apart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Im overdue and have a lovely chest cough and blocked nose. Not overly bad but everytime i take a fit of coughin i get slight pains in my lower part of my bump.
    Still not a major problem but just realised baba will be here very soon and if its uncomfortable now how is it going to feel after the birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Still nauseous. Thankfully not as tired as before. 15w tomorrow. Go away nausea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo uncomfortable in college every day now. Doesn't seem to matter what I wear - leggings, dresses, maternity jeans - it's still incredibly uncomfortable to sit in a lecture hall with no room to stretch out. And it's even worse when she starts to kick! Kicking is lovely when you are able to stretch out, relax and enjoy it but I am constantly worried she doesn't have enough space and the kicks get uncomfortable after about 5 minutes (and I could be forced to sit for up on 2 hours straight).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ate gherkins on a lovely sandwich earlier on and now I'm dying with heartburn and I ran out of gaviscon earlier today. Crapola.

Sleep my former good friend, why have you split up with me ?
    This has been happening for the last few nights and it's wrecking my head. I'm so tired going to bed but wake up really early. Yesterday and the day before it was 05:00 and I thought it might be because I was going to bed too early, napping during the day or some such. Had a long day at work yesterday, wasn't home until 8pm, went out for dinner with my husband so I wouldn't fall asleep on the couch, came home and watched a little tv and went to be at 10:30pm.
    My reward? Awake and wide awake at 03:00!!!
    Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do to ease it? I got up because staying in bed frustrated is so annoying and my tossing and turning wakes my husband which isn't fair to him. I find the spare bed very uncomfortable so I think I'm going to get a new mattress for the bed there and then at least I have an alternative bed to go to that might result in some sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm awake since 4. This happened alot with number 1. I remember the week before I was due I got no sleep and then the night before going into labour I had the best sleep in the entire pregnancy. I've my 37 week appointment at 9am me thinks I'm up for the morning now. My little lad will be awake in couple of hours though so something to do lol

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

I'm just under 14 weeks and struggling do much with fatigue. Between 6 and 7pm I suddenly feel like I've been drugged and that's it, I'm paralysed on the couch for the rest of the evening. It's so frustrating as I always have a million things to do after work and right now my regular life is suffering because I can do none of it. When does this pass???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I'm just under 14 weeks and struggling do much with fatigue. Between 6 and 7pm I suddenly feel like I've been drugged and that's it, I'm paralysed on the couch for the rest of the evening. It's so frustrating as I always have a million things to do after work and right now my regular life is suffering because I can do none of it. When does this pass???

[IMG][/img]images.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Looking back, the disturbed sleep was one of my earliest symptoms. I started having broken nights a few days before I even took a test. It lasted all the way though the pregnancy for me. If I recall correctly I had 3 completely unbroken nights in the whole 41.5 weeks and at nearly 5 months in its only a little better :) I wake at least once each night, she sleeps through(most of the time!) and even if it's my turn to have a lie in I'm awake from about 15 mins before she is. I've lost the skill of going back!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]images.jpg

Lmao Shashabear, thanks a lot! :D

Sleep my former good friend, why have you split up with me ?
    This has been happening for the last few nights and it's wrecking my head. I'm so tired going to bed but wake up really early. Yesterday and the day before it was 05:00 and I thought it might be because I was going to bed too early, napping during the day or some such. Had a long day at work yesterday, wasn't home until 8pm, went out for dinner with my husband so I wouldn't fall asleep on the couch, came home and watched a little tv and went to be at 10:30pm.
    My reward? Awake and wide awake at 03:00!!!
    Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do to ease it? I got up because staying in bed frustrated is so annoying and my tossing and turning wakes my husband which isn't fair to him. I find the spare bed very uncomfortable so I think I'm going to get a new mattress for the bed there and then at least I have an alternative bed to go to that might result in some sleep.

I'm finding this too. I stop functioning by 6pm then I'm goosed, go to bed at 9pm, get a few hours sleep then lucid dream until 6am. I'm just ending up getting up to give the dogs a long walk so the hubby only has to give them a short one in the evening when I don't have the energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I'm awake all night.. Literally haven't slept, I'm so tired. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I definitely had this, I used to be a great sleeper but definitely have found my sleep disturbed during pregnancy. I found it began to improve after about 20 weeks, but still get the odd night when I'm wide awake during the night. I used to go on boards/Facebook etc to pass the time, but now I try not to look at my phone at all and just try and let my mind go blank and not let myself worry about stuff I have to do before the baby comes! I find that helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

I've had this on and off for weeks.. There's nothing as frustrating.. I just had to think that this is getting me ready for what's to come when baba comes along... I was getting up at 3am and eating bowl of cornflakes and sitting reading stupid things at kitchen table for an hour then trying going back to sleep.. Warm water helped a little.. Had a cold last week and got no sleep at all and discovered a few nights ago that if I sipped honey and lemon right befor turning off light it just knocks me out cold for the night.. Saying this, this could change tonight! Also I've given up on my pillow fort now too and just have one regular pillow between my knees..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

ncmc wrote: »
    I definitely had this, I used to be a great sleeper but definitely have found my sleep disturbed during pregnancy. I found it began to improve after about 20 weeks, but still get the odd night when I'm wide awake during the night. I used to go on boards/Facebook etc to pass the time, but now I try not to look at my phone at all and just try and let my mind go blank and not let myself worry about stuff I have to do before the baby comes! I find that helps a bit.

Mr. Merkin has confiscated my iPad and both of my phones after 11pm in the last few nights and it has made an enormous difference! Normally when my sleep is broken, I pick up one of the devices and start reading, which in turn, reawakens my brain but for the last few nights I've had no choice but to lie there and I get back to sleep really quickly - what a revelation!

I'm finding this too. I stop functioning by 6pm then I'm goosed, go to bed at 9pm, get a few hours sleep then lucid dream until 6am. I'm just ending up getting up to give the dogs a long walk so the hubby only has to give them a short one in the evening when I don't have the energy.

If I got to 6am I'd be happy enough but 3am is just not on when you have to go to work the next day. I'm lucky enough these last few days that I can come in for 10am rather than my usual 8am so that helps a bit but if it carries on I don't know what I'll do.
    Sarah Bear wrote: »
    I'm awake all night.. Literally haven't slept, I'm so tired. :'(

It sucks. Now at 11+6 weeks I am fed up hearing myself say "I'm so tired":o
    MissFire wrote: »
    I've had this on and off for weeks.. There's nothing as frustrating.. I just had to think that this is getting me ready for what's to come when baba comes along... I was getting up at 3am and eating bowl of cornflakes and sitting reading stupid things at kitchen table for an hour then trying going back to sleep.. Warm water helped a little.. Had a cold last week and got no sleep at all and discovered a few nights ago that if I sipped honey and lemon right befor turning off light it just knocks me out cold for the night.. Saying this, this could change tonight! Also I've given up on my pillow fort now too and just have one regular pillow between my knees..

I was thinking this too although then the other part of my brain kicks in and says well you should be able to get lots of sleep so you're full of energy for when the baby arrives.
    Merkin wrote: »
    Mr. Merkin has confiscated my iPad and both of my phones after 11pm in the last few nights and it has made an enormous difference! Normally when my sleep is broken, I pick up one of the devices and start reading, which in turn, reawakens my brain but for the last few nights I've had no choice but to lie there and I get back to sleep really quickly - what a revelation!

I try not to look at my iPhone but sometimes its just too hard- last night was one of those nights. I was wide awake by the time I gave in and looked at it anyway:(.
    I got up, looked at some Criminal Minds that I'd recorded on Sky + and after 2 hours or so went back to bed and fell asleep until 07:30.

Whats really getting to me is that I was a brilliant sleeper - I would sleep through a war at the end of my bed. My ability to sleep was almost the stuff of legend. I miss it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ah normal sleep is gone for now forever isn't it!:D

I slept fine until about 20 weeks when I started getting SPD bad and my leg muscles woke me up screaming every 45 mins to an hour, I had about 4 weeks of this and thought I was going to go mad but you get used to it unfortunately. I can't remember what it's like to get a proper night's sleep anymore though, good prep for baby:)

For some reason my legs have been much better the past couple of nights (still up all the time to wee and my pelvis still very sore) but yesterday I felt really strange cause I had loads of energy and wasn't sleepy by 7pm, realised it was because I'd got some half decent rest for once! But then I was lying in bed at 1am staring at the walls....

Yep I got that too, wake up about 5, and i'm usually so not a morning person. I'm crashing about 8-9pm. it's like my sleep clock is all set 3hrs early. Very annoying. I haven't found a way around it either, staying up later just destroys me altogether.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of burning some lavander oil in my bedroom tonight. I know there are a series of "must nots" around lavander when you're pregnant but if I'm burning a few drops of oil in a water diffuser in my bedroom for an hour or so before I go to bed I don't see how it could be harmful for the baby.
    :confused::confused:

I feel like an addict who didn't know that her last great night's sleep was going to be her last and I didn't appreciate it enough. :o:)

Called in sick to work.. I'm so exhausted I didn't sleep one wink all night and still haven't managed even half an hr. My back is broke now too. The joys!

I was thinking of burning some lavander oil in my bedroom tonight. I know there are a series of "must nots" around lavander when you're pregnant but if I'm burning a few drops of oil in a water diffuser in my bedroom for an hour or so before I go to bed I don't see how it could be harmful for the baby.
    :confused::confused:

I feel like an addict who didn't know that her last great night's sleep was going to be her last and I didn't appreciate it enough. :o:)

Oh what are the must nots with lavender? I think I haven't used anything lavender since being pregs but not deliberately as I do love it.

Called in sick to work.. I'm so exhausted I didn't sleep one wink all night and still haven't managed even half an hr. My back is broke now too. The joys!

Poor you. My back is quite sore a fair bit too. I've actually made the move to (almost) flat shoes for work. Its helped quite a bit.
    I also (with permission from the chemist) use the Deep Heat patches on my back when its especially bad and I have to get through a whole day of work. Its says that you can't use them but having discussed everything with the pharmacist he said it was ok to use them occasionally. He said that it is ok to put them on your back but it wouldn't be ok to put them directly onto the baby bump.
    I also use one of those microwaveable cosy cushions. They saved my sanity years ago when I was having a lot of trouble with my knees (long boring story that I've no need to bore you with now:)) and now they're very much in use for my back.
    I have one at work that I use for support and comfort when the back pain gets bad- its so fantastic. If my back is bad in the morning or if I have to go on a long drive somewhere I heat one up before I leave the house and stick it behind my back while I'm driving and it makes things much better.

I find them better than hotwater bottles because they mould directly to the shape of your back / whatever body part you're using them on. Also, they don't get too hot so there are no issues there (provided you stick to the 3 minutes in the microwave directions) and I'm also not scared of bursting them like I sometimes get with hot water bottles.

I did this yesterday and it was singularly the best decision I've made in a long time. I went on a shopping spree on Saturday and walked the feet off myself (not having slept on Friday) so by Sunday I was an emotional wreck from fatigue. Mr. Merkin insisted I stay in bed yesterday morning and I phoned in and I'm so glad I did because some down time, self indulgence and a duvet day was just what I needed - I'm like a new woman after having had a decent rest. Get off boards girl and go and have a nap!

Oh what are the must nots with lavender? I think I haven't used anything lavender since being pregs but not deliberately as I do love it.

Maybe I imagined it:confused::o There are a lot of oils and teas and stuff that you're warned well away from and I thought lavander was one of them too.

Maybe I imagined it:confused::o There are a lot of oils and teas and stuff that you're warned well away from and I thought lavander was one of them too.

It is. I was going to buy some lovely bath soak at the weekend and quickly Googled it while in the shop and it's contraindicated unfortunately.

It is. I was going to buy some lush bath soak at the weekend and quickly Googled it while in the shop and it's contraindicated unfortunately.

For burning as well as bathing?

For burning as well as bathing?

****e I've been lashing stuff from lush into the bath since day one :P

• Advertisement

I did this yesterday and it was singularly the best decision I've made in a long time. I went on a shopping spree on Saturday and walked the feet off myself (not having slept on Friday) so by Sunday I was an emotional wreck from fatigue. Mr. Merkin insisted I stay in bed yesterday morning and I phoned in and I'm so glad I did because some down time, self indulgence and a duvet day was just what I needed - I'm like a new woman after having had a decent rest. Get off boards girl and go and have a nap!
    I've been trying to sleep but I'm so wide awake! I know why my back is killing me I hoovered mopped and scrubbed the house from top to bottom yesterday evening! Paying for it now!

Advertisement