Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Maybe check with an aromatherapist Penny. If you do a quick search you'll see that there are wildly varying views on it! It's definitely ill-advised in first trimester but some say it's fine and others don't. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Merkin wrote: »
    Maybe check with an aromatherapist Penny. If you do a quick search you'll see that there are wildly varying views on it! It's definitely ill-advised in first trimester but some say it's fine and others don't. :confused:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x536449/is-it-safe-to-use-essential-oils-while-im-pregnant

This seems to be a sensible approach and along the lines of what I was thinking of doing anyway i.e. burn it in the room for a little while before going to bed only - not burn it all through the night.

I've no idea where I'd find an aromatherapist :confused::o

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x536449/is-it-safe-to-use-essential-oils-while-im-pregnant

This seems to be a sensible approach and along the lines of what I was thinking of doing anyway i.e. burn it in the room for a little while before going to bed only - not burn it all through the night.

http://www.massageireland.org/massage-types/aromatherapy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Thanks Penny, that is a good site.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Aaarrgggh this weeks moan.. Dead arms!! Has anyone else had this? It's like I've been carrying something really heavy or working out in gym and my arms are like they made of jelly, really heavy jelly lol..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

MissFire wrote: »
    Aaarrgggh this weeks moan.. Dead arms!! Has anyone else had this? It's like I've been carrying something really heavy or working out in gym and my arms are like they made of jelly, really heavy jelly lol..

I used to wake up with dead arms a lot, I reckon it was because I had to adjust the way I was sleeping and I slept on my side pressing on my arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I wake up with dead arms sometimes at night which I hate, but mine I think is just sleeping at bad angle for circulation!

Back from glucose test this morning, went grand just a bit tired now! Although on my last set of bloods she went into same arm again, vein didn't want to play ball, went into other arm, didn't work so I was sent up to get it taken out of the back of my hand which was a bit sore! Sambo afterwards was nice though, just hoping I'm all clear will find out tomorrow!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Every time my phone rang the day after my GTT, I went 'ah crap... that'll be the hospital' but it wasn't, thank God!

January wrote: »
    Every time my phone rang the day after my GTT, I went 'ah crap... that'll be the hospital' but it wasn't, thank God!

That's exactly how I'll be tomorrow! Have it set in my mind that I may have it but I'll deal with it if I do, fingers crossed my good food behaviour has paid off but there has been a few cheeky days in there too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thrush :(

'Nuff said.

• Advertisement

More moaning, get heat and uncomfortable feeling in my legs at night or in the evening when I'm sitting down, more in one leg than the other. Felt internally hot last night, gave the midwife a ring, she freaked me out saying I had some symptoms of clot but not others and to ring emergency room, they were completely jammed so didn't get through, so sat and had a good cry worried and fiance had to console me:(

Anyway I left another voicemail for midwife and went to bed, still feels hot and uncomfortable today but midwife this morning said she doubted very much it was a clot, to go to my gp and they'd be able to fully diagnose so going in the morning:(

Do any of you lovely ladies suffer from a blocked/bloody nose? I think it may be more rhinitis than sinusitis and it's bloody painful! It simply means that my nose is permanently congested with bloody snotty gunk of late. Sorry to be graphic! What is safe to take for this does anyone know please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Merkin, I know ur pain! Its a combination of extra blood in the body and your immune system being surpressed. Its why we pregnant women pick up every infection going! I used the baby saline spray at night-time, it would relieve it a bit, sometimes steam will work too.
    I'm not too bad this time (so far) no morning sickness as yet or much nausea. I'm hoping to get back into the gym next week after 16 weeks out with a pretty horrendous knee injury, I got the all clear on wed from the consultant physio doc in drogheda. Just waiting for a letter from the doc for the gym so if I keel over they won't bat an eye !! :D I feel like I've gone to seed in such a short time. Won't be able to go boxing or circut training til after baba cos I need an mri and surgery to help fix it fully but I'm so excited I can get back to it!!

Oh thank you so much! I shall pop to Boots at lunchtime. Do I simply ask for a baby saline spray? Is there a particular brand that I should look for cbyrd?

How far along are you? You poor thing with the knee injury as well. It's very hard not being able to train when you're used to it. Just nice and gentle to start off with!

Thanks Merkin! I get the calpol one, you'll pick it up in the supermarket too in the baby aisle, I have 4 kids already so there's an amazing array of bottle sprays and accoutrements to aid a nights sleep in my house! :) I'm 7 weeks yesterday and amazed already how quickly I'm expanding I've gone from a 10 to a 12 in 2 weeks. :eek: not happy about that at all ! Course if I stayed out of the peanut butter it might help :D

Oh brilliant, thank you for that! :) So you're on your fifth bubba?! Fair play to you girl! You must be an expert at this stage! Good to hear you're not feeling too poorly or ill, hopefully you'll have a nice, easy pregnancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

7 weeks and moaning already cbyrd :p

I really am delighted for you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Do any of you lovely ladies suffer from a blocked/bloody nose? I think it may be more rhinitis than sinusitis and it's bloody painful! It simply means that my nose is permanently congested with bloody snotty gunk of late. Sorry to be graphic! What is safe to take for this does anyone know please?

Yep almost all of the time since getting pregnant. I've also been sneezing a lot which is weird as I don't even have a hint of a cold.

I've just procured the Calpol saline spray thanks to cbyrd so I'll let you know how I get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Sounds familiar. My nose isn't blocked completely, I can breath through it quite well but there's always some stuff in it and when I blow it snot comes out with some blood in it :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm the exact same! I wouldn't really call it congestion, more inflammation and discomfort and like you, very bloody! It's actually causing facial discomfort and headaches as well so I'm hopeful this saline spray will work - anything to give a little relief from it! I appreciate it's not a major problem on the scale of things, more annoying than anything isn't it? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I'm 14 weeks and getting the nose issues too. Had them since day one! Sneezing lots and often find that my nose is a small bit bloody.

January wrote: »
    7 weeks and moaning already cbyrd :p

I really am delighted for you x

Thanks January.. i'm dying to tell people but after what happened in jan i'm wary..even when i get to 12 weeks! I'm so excited though.. my partner has 4 children too, similar age to mine and they get on really well together..i'm going to have to buy a bus :eek:

cbyrd wrote: »
    .. i'm dying to tell people but after what happened in jan i'm wary..
    Oh dear, I haven't read anything to confirm this but I guess you must have suffered a loss recently? Very sorry about that. But delighted you are expecting your baby now, best of luck!!!

Yes i did, i was 5 +2 so only just but i was thrilled then devastated.. but i'm here again with fingers toes and ( now ) legs crossed :D This is my fifth so i'm used to stretch marks and leaky everything and sickness and tiredness.. but each one is as different as it is special.. :)

Aww, I lost my first baby in December and got pregnant again 3 weeks after the D&C. Big surprise. I thought I'd relax after I got to 12 weeks but here I am at week 14 and I still have episodes of panic at times. Fingers crossed for both of us :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I am still pregnant. Tis not fair.
    From day 1 there has been confusion over my dates. Gp dating 15/3 epu dating 22nd.
    A doc in the hosp at one of my early app said it was 15 of march. So for months i was expecting 15th. It even says it on my combined card EDD 15/03/2014 .
    Then about 4 or 5 weeks ago they said its 23rd .
    Its now the 29th im still friggin pregnant.
    They attempted a sweep on the 20 but said cervix was closed. A different doc saw me on thurs and done a sweep no prob.
    Lost the mucas plug last night and got my hopes up but nada. Nothing.
    Due for induction on wen 2nd april.
    Just dont want to wait any longer. .

Awww it must be so frustrating Suucee, you're probably very uncomfortable too. Lets hope you have bubba by the time the weekend is over and that the induction isn't necessary xx

Cbyrd, thanks so much for the saline spray recommendation. It has really helped ease the congestion so thank you! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lolacherry

I've *probably* broken my thumb, but basically have to grin & bear the pain!! Spent a few hours in a&e, couldn't get an x-ray obviously (7 1/2 weeks preg), so now I'm in a sling counting down until I can take another paracetamol-ooooow!! I want drugs and lots of them!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Lola, I know you're saying no x-ray, but I'm wondering if any scans are possible - I was in a car accident at 21 weeks and they scanned me to check my neck wasn't broken - they used iron blankets to protect baby from the rays and he's absolutely fine now. Have they said no?

Advertisement