Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lolacherry

No, they highly recommended against x-rays in the hospital, that from feeling it and the nature of the accident it's more than likely broken and risking an x-ray to confirm it isn't worth it. I guess it wouldn't get me any decent painkillers anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well i'm over been pregnant. Got an awfulsore throat which normally turns to glangular fever. I woke at 2am with it then fell asllep again and at 6 woke at half 7 with full on flu. Can't go to bed cause this baby doesn't stop moving. Then running after Jack I'm just not able for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Turns out the crunchy thing in my veggie burger today was my tooth :'( I have a molar with a filling and the side of my tooth has fallen off, luckily the filling is still intact. I'm hoping it stays that way til Monday. But now worried about what the Dentist will or will not be able to do for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just let him know you are pregnant, there is alternative pain relief suitable during pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

My moan is I'm still not beyond the first trimester funk. Went to TEDx yesterday which I was sooo excited about. Felt ill and pukey all day and slept through most of the afternoon talks :( Planned a wee 2 mile jog/walk this morning but was too tired to go, my arms got weak washing my fecking hair. Slept on the couch for 3hrs this evening. 16 w next tues, this is getting old.

• Advertisement

I was 16-17 weeks with both of mine before feeling better. Fingers crossed you'll be the same

My moan is my head its pounding and I can't sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Suucee wrote: »
    I am still pregnant. Tis not fair.
    From day 1 there has been confusion over my dates. Gp dating 15/3 epu dating 22nd.
    A doc in the hosp at one of my early app said it was 15 of march. So for months i was expecting 15th. It even says it on my combined card EDD 15/03/2014 .
    Then about 4 or 5 weeks ago they said its 23rd .
    Its now the 29th im still friggin pregnant.
    They attempted a sweep on the 20 but said cervix was closed. A different doc saw me on thurs and done a sweep no prob.
    Lost the mucas plug last night and got my hopes up but nada. Nothing.
    Due for induction on wen 2nd april.
    Just dont want to wait any longer. .

after my major moan my wee man got the hint. Was born at 4.09 this morning weighing 7lb 14oz.
    Lovely mothers day pressie.

Best of luck to the rest of ye.

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awww Suucee! Isn't that lovely that he arrived on Mothers Day?! Big congratulations to you, you must be thrilled xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Congratulations Suucee, wonderful news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Congrats Suucee! Both on your lovely baby and also for not being preggs anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Aww congratulations, he clearly just wanted you to have an extra special Mother's Day :-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

January wrote: »
    Just let him know you are pregnant, there is alternative pain relief suitable during pregnancy.

WHAT:eek::eek::eek:

when i broke my shoulder, i was sent home and told to take some paracetamol. i am now going through really, really painful physio, non-pregnant people get super strong painkillers for the physio.

they told me there is not point in taking paracetamol

I also had 2 x-rays

Paracetamol is absolutely useless for bone break pain or severe muscular pain. You'd have more luck throwing Holy Water at it for pain relief.

I had a leg xray at 14 weeks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Yeah I had an Xray at around 5-6 months pregnant (they were checking my lungs for clots) ... they were able to protect the baby with shields ... can't see there being any problem at all with a thumb Xray! They'll just use the shields and he won't be exposed to it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Congratulations Succee!!!! :D:D:D

Awh, I am off to the doctor's tomorrow. I can barely walk today with my hip pain. This seems crazy at 14 weeks, but jeez it's sore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Isolt wrote: »
    Congratulations Succee!!!! :D:D:D

Awh, I am off to the doctor's tomorrow. I can barely walk today with my hip pain. This seems crazy at 14 weeks, but jeez it's sore!
    Oh no Isolt this sounds like SPD :( hope you're not too sore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

You poor thing Isolt mine started a few weeks after that and it's a pain in the ass, woke up this morning and feels like someone has been kicking me in the groin all night!

I've started to feel a bit more breathless in general walking around, but my sinuses aren't helping if I can get them clear think I'll feel a lot better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Suucee wrote: »
    after my major moan my wee man got the hint. Was born at 4.09 this morning weighing 7lb 14oz.
    Lovely mothers day pressie.

Best of luck to the rest of ye.

:-)

Great news! Congratulations.

My moan. Not sure it's more been pregnant or been a mother.
    My neighbours have builders at there house since half 8. This doesn't annoy me so much as the fact they've been banging non stop ever since putting up scaffolding and shouting at each other. Now council houses are paper thin. There now able to see into my bathroom via the skylight window and been I need to pee alot with only 2 weeks to go i'm majorly annoyed. Add to this that when Jack wakes at half 7 he has a nap at 10. Roll on 11 and he's screaming the house down with tiredness. I've had a dose for days now and get no sleep so when he naps I try too which ain't happening today. 4 nights of no sleep and a cranky baby while been so big and heavy is so not fun and not what I had planned for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

My boobs have suddenly become extremely sore again. Fire! Fire! :o

• Advertisement

I'm in a group on Facebook for mums due in June. Its mostly Americans, I think I'll have to leave! They have my feckin nerves gone! If anything was out of the ordinary with me such as pains bleeding /possible waters leaking etc I'd be straight in to hospital, instead they post on Facebook!
    One lady just posted that she's having severe pains that are so severe they make her dizzy, and wondering if she should call her doctor or wait till her appointment next Thursday!!
    Feckin crazy yanks! :O

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    I'm in a group on Facebook for mums due in June. Its mostly Americans, I think I'll have to leave! They have my feckin nerves gone! If anything was out of the ordinary with me such as pains bleeding /possible waters leaking etc I'd be straight in to hospital, instead they post on Facebook!
    One lady just posted that she's having severe pains that are so severe they make her dizzy, and wondering if she should call her doctor or wait till her appointment next Thursday!!
    Feckin crazy yanks! :O

Ah here! Bloody common sense tells you to head off to your doctor as soon as.
    I'd read over a few US based threads and forums at the start of my pregnancy but they wore me out pretty quickly. I love the threads on Boards for their very pragmatic, sensible advice mixed in with hilarious stories (yes January, aka Professor Xavier I'm looking at you), concern and a whole lot of real life experiences in hospitals and a health care system we're all experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Sarah Bear, I'm on a Facebook page for June mums to be that came out of rollercoaster.ie, the girls are all lovely and there's even a former mid wife on it! I can PM you the details if you like.

Very selfish moan ahead - I'm 24+3 and bump is getting pretty big now. None of my underwear fits me, it feels like my bum is expanding at a rate of knots and my legs have been replaced overnight with elephant limbs. Logically I know my hips are getting wider to accommodate baba... but logic and reason have no place in pregnancy :pac: I'm finding this change in shape quite tough to get my head around. Do I need a big dose of cop the hell on??

My partner keeps reminding me that this is one subject we've agreed will never be discussed in front of our daughter - if there's one thing I'm determined not to pass on it's the body neuroses that my Mum gave to me.

Jerrica wrote: »
    Very selfish moan ahead - I'm 24+3 and bump is getting pretty big now. None of my underwear fits me, it feels like my bum is expanding at a rate of knots and my legs have been replaced overnight with elephant limbs. Logically I know my hips are getting wider to accommodate baba... but logic and reason have no place in pregnancy :pac: I'm finding this change in shape quite tough to get my head around. Do I need a big dose of cop the hell on??

My partner keeps reminding me that this is one subject we've agreed will never be discussed in front of our daughter - if there's one thing I'm determined not to pass on it's the body neuroses that my Mum gave to me.

Logic and reason have left my body to allow room for hormones and tears. I cried at the 9pm news last night. It's ridiculous.
    I'm 12+7 today and haven't put on any of the weight I lost but I still had to go and buy big knickers at the weekend to allow for the extra room my hips are demanding already.
    It's a good thing to not speak about our bodies in a negative way to our children be they boys or girls. Thankfully my parents were very strong on reinforcing our confidence in ourselves and our bodies and this is something my mother managed despite being in some diet or other for as long as I can member.

Right now Jerrica your body is working so hard, it's doing the usual daily grind of keeping you going and in addition to that it's also growing and nurturing and protecting another life, your baby. I get that sometimes you just feel like you'd like even one day of your old self back, just for a little break, I've felt like that at times and I'm not as far along as you.

Oh I had the crying-at-everything stage too, it was gas :D

My husband has me all figured out - he knows that one of the big reasons I struggle so much is because I'm a control freak by nature, and what's happening to me is something that I have absolutely zero control over, and that makes me very uncomfortable. This time last year I was working so hard to get in better shape for our wedding so I was able to dictate the changes going on, but it's totally out of my hands now. I exercise most days of the week and I'm being as responsible and healthy as I possibly can, but I still find the changes tough to accept. Except my bump funnily enough - the bump itself I adore no matter how big it gets, because that's where the baby is, and that's amazing!! It's the legs/ wobbly arms, expanding arse I'm not so fond of :p

There's a trainer at one of the gyms I go to who keeps saying to me "it's a condition, not an illness" when he sees me do moderate cardio and not working out with intensity the way I used to. I know he's being an ill-informed ass but it just fuels my own irrational voices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I "get" the weight moan, even though I wish i didn't...

I lost weight in the first trimester (and was already a slim build to start) but have been gaining consistently (and in line with recommendations - around 1lb a week) since around 14 weeks. I was probably over 20 weeks before I showed, and when my Mam first saw the beginnings of the bump she was all delighted. However since then she's been getting to me - it's all about "don't put too much on now - it'll be hard to lose it" etc. I feel so self-conscious around her. I haven't told her how much I've gained; she told me early on that a stone would probably be enough for me to gain (even though medical advice is to gain 25-35lb if you're of normal weight). Needless to say I'm trying to ignore her!

She thinks I'm huge when I'm actually fairly average for my gestation (maybe even small to average) and I don't seem to have gained much apart from the bump. At the weekend I was over visiting for mothers day and my siblings were there and they said "wow" when they saw the bump (in fairness I haven't seen them in a few weeks) and Mam said "I know - she's big!!!" and started roaring laughing. It's horrible. I know they weren't trying to be mean but I feel like the bump is the first thing everyone sees these days and i used to feel quite "invisible" which is how I like it - I like to fade into the background! I find I'm trying to cover the bump when I'm around other people. I love my yoga class because I can completely relax and let it all hang out - it's great!

At the end of the day the most important thing is that I gain healthily and that some of this will transfer to the baby (who is measuring a little small at the moment - maybe it's a family thing!)

Mary it sounds like you have a gorgeous bump and you're gaining weight in a perfectly healthy way!! I wonder do our Mums realise the impact their words can have on us? It's a stark lesson for me in how not to speak to my daughter - my Mum is amazing in a million different ways, but I know that she has passed on the negativity that she got from her Mum down to me, and I'm determined to break that cycle.

It's very possible that people are seeing your bump before anything else, but to everyone around you the bump is a sign of life and growth and joy, so it's a good thing that their eye is drawn! And I totally agree about the pregnancy yoga, funnily enough it's when I'm in a room full of other bumped-up ladies of varying sizes and shapes that I feel most comfortable, sure aren't we all doing the same super-important job as best we can :D

Jerrica wrote: »
    Oh I had the crying-at-everything stage too, it was gas :D

My husband has me all figured out - he knows that one of the big reasons I struggle so much is because I'm a control freak by nature, and what's happening to me is something that I have absolutely zero control over, and that makes me very uncomfortable. This time last year I was working so hard to get in better shape for our wedding so I was able to dictate the changes going on, but it's totally out of my hands now. I exercise most days of the week and I'm being as responsible and healthy as I possibly can, but I still find the changes tough to accept. Except my bump funnily enough - the bump itself I adore no matter how big it gets, because that's where the baby is, and that's amazing!! It's the legs/ wobbly arms, expanding arse I'm not so fond of :p

There's a trainer at one of the gyms I go to who keeps saying to me "it's a condition, not an illness" when he sees me do moderate cardio and not working out with intensity the way I used to. I know he's being an ill-informed ass but it just fuels my own irrational voices.

The lack of control gets to me too and I've been so exhausted and yet not sleeping well at night that my exercise has gone to the dogs totally. Thankfully these last few days I've been getting back to myself and so will start going for a few walks at least and work upwards from there.
    I have only the teensiest hint of a bump in the evening time when I go to bed and I'm delighted to even have that right now. The rest I'd live without.

• Advertisement

ncmc wrote: »
    Sarah Bear, I'm on a Facebook page for June mums to be that came out of rollercoaster.ie, the girls are all lovely and there's even a former mid wife on it! I can PM you the details if you like.

Oh great thanks! That would be great!

Advertisement