Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Oh yes I think I'll have a good moan! 19 weeks with our first one and truly delighted. I thought that the worst was behind me when the sickness went away at around 11 weeks, and on the pregnancy side, everything is running very smoothly. I feel great, have loads of energy, nothing to complain about... so why moan then you may ask.
    Two weeks ago I was made redundant from my job, which without being a terrible shock in these times, was the worst timing. After the upsets and the stress of finding myself unemployed, I began the dreaded research for a job and other options as well as budgeting for the next few months. Well the sheet would not balance. I am too early to get maternity leave, there isn't many jobs as it is and with the bump starting to show who is going to hire me for the next 4 months ?(I know they are not allowed to descriminate but once it's the bump telling and not me, realistically it's quite easy to choose someone else for an assortment of "other" reasons)
    We bought a house last year, an old one to renovate because it made more sense financially. It's not finished yet, can't move in, so paying mortgage and rent. Plus the house is not in Dublin, not too willing to change doctor, hospital, etc.
    I am entitled jobseekers ben but would much rather work, but it's also quite stressful to start a new employment.

That's a bit of it anyway. Remaining positive, know that I'm lucky have a great OH, bb on the way and still a roof over our heads, there will be a way I am sure!

Feels good to moan though doesn't it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm 4w 4d and I'm so nervous. I found out last Saturday. I have cramps but last week I was crampy, sore boobs, peeing alot and very lightheaded and tired. Now, I've still got cramps, boobs have definitely changed, are tender and much firmer, I'm not peeing so much and I suppose I was expecting more symptoms. I know I could be here in 3 weeks wailing about MS but the lack of symptoms makes me more nervous. I did wake up early this morning,2am ish, with awful cramps. I keep telling myself that as long as there's no blood it's ok but I'm half afraid to look when I go to the toilet just in case.

We were only trying properly for 1 month, we were halfheartedly trying for 2 months before but I was clueless about ovulation etc despite being 36 and having a menstrual cycle for 24 years. Last month I took my temp every morning, got the opks and did then every day from day 10.

I suppose I'm nervous because we didn't try very hard and I'm thinking this is just too easy so something has to go wrong. Other people have been to hell and back ttcing so why would it be so simple for us. I know it's terrible really to be so irrational. I did another hpt yesterday just to make sure the bean was still there :o

Anyway, just want to air those fears because I haven't told any friends or family yet and don't want to worry OH with my paranoia. I wish I could be more excited but I know now that I'd be so upset if I MC'd so don't want to get my hopes up.

Is this what it's going to be like for ever? Someone told me before that once you become a parent you never stop worrying.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm 4w 4d and I'm so nervous. I found out last Saturday. I have cramps but last week I was crampy, sore boobs, peeing alot and very lightheaded and tired. .

Sounds about right, I had really bad cramps for the first few weeks and still get them and they freaked me out.. but they are completely normal so long as they're not unbareable and accompanied by red blood.. It's just your uterus stretching and making room for the baby :)

Congrats and best of luck X

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and all these adds make me cry.

http://www.agencydublin.com/agency/esb_mail/2010/05/index_en.php?vid=2

hormones must be very powerful things...

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm 25 weeks pregnant and all these adds make me cry. ...

Thank goodness they haven't put that ad on for the donkey sanctuary again since I was last pregnant. ~I had to go to bed and have a good bawl for myself with that one! My poor husband looked on in horror to see his ball-breaker go-getter self employed superwife in flitters in bed over a little donkey having long hooves and ribs sticking out their little sides!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkmar

Ahhh I had lost nealy 5 stone before we fell pregnant for the second time. The bulk of that weight was gained after my daughter was born. I finally got into a size 8 for the first time in years and now i'm just piling it all back on. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we're having a baby but I'm 22 wks and have already put on over 1.5 stone... I can't stop myself eating cheese and oily foods. I worked so hard to loose it and it really doesn't take much to pile it back on again. I need a good kick in the backside to eat healthy and stop using the pregnancy to eat what I like. Anyone else having serious problems piling on the weight???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Arkmar wrote: »
    Ahhh I had lost nealy 5 stone before we fell pregnant for the second time. The bulk of that weight was gained after my daughter was born. I finally got into a size 8 for the first time in years and now i'm just piling it all back on. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we're having a baby but I'm 22 wks and have already put on over 1.5 stone... I can't stop myself eating cheese and oily foods. I worked so hard to loose it and it really doesn't take much to pile it back on again. I need a good kick in the backside to eat healthy and stop using the pregnancy to eat what I like. Anyone else having serious problems piling on the weight???

Kinda understand..Lost three stone then found out i was preggers...:rolleyes:Feels like its all baby though so fingers crossed..I understand what you mean though..Its like a mixture between sadness and excitement..Just think of the baby ..Shes the one who makes me have a slice of chocolate cake;)

Nausea is starting to kick in for me and I'm just so tired all the time. I can't face breakfast in the morning although my doctor told me to eat even if I don't feel like it as it helps the nausea.

I'm so woozy I can't run for the morning bus so have to leave myself lots of time to walk to it (3 mins :rolleyes:), I can't read on the bus for fear of making the nausea worse and I just hold my breath until I get to work and pray it gets better. I can't bear to eat in the canteen at lunch as the smell of different foods is horrible so my colleagues probably think I'm very strange and anti social as I make excuses to have lunch on my own.

The only thing that seems to calm my stomach is a nice cup of tea which I'm drinking now!

Then I have to remind myself that this nausea is actually a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Nausea is starting to kick in for me and I'm just so tired all the time. I can't face breakfast in the morning although my doctor told me to eat even if I don't feel like it as it helps the nausea.

I'm so woozy I can't run for the morning bus so have to leave myself lots of time to walk to it (3 mins :rolleyes:), I can't read on the bus for fear of making the nausea worse and I just hold my breath until I get to work and pray it gets better. I can't bear to eat in the canteen at lunch as the smell of different foods is horrible so my colleagues probably think I'm very strange and anti social as I make excuses to have lunch on my own.

The only thing that seems to calm my stomach is a nice cup of tea which I'm drinking now!

Then I have to remind myself that this nausea is actually a good thing!

I know I'm not pregnant anymore -- but hope i can help on this one. I had the same problem.

Eating is really important, as you will feel even more nauseaous on an empty stomach. Part of the problem is excess stomach acid, so even though the thought and smell of food turns your stomach, try to keep some plain snack on hand. Plain everything is always good. Protein is very important, and I found plain grilled chicken really helped me. I also kept crackers and pretzels on hand at all time. Sucking the salt of the pretzels helped me ease the nausea a little so i could then chew and swallow! It really will help so much to have something like that in your stomach!

You also need to try for your energy levels! I take it you are in the first trimester? I had severe exhaustion at that stage too. I was sleeping close to 17 hours a day, and even walking that 3 minutes down the road to the bus stop would send me back to bed for 2 hours. Part of that is just unavoidable, and you will need to put your feet up and get some good rest! Eating will make some of it a little better though, so if you can find plain foods high in *good* calories, that would be ideal. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

I'm almost 36weeks and last night I had the worst night… aches/pressure low down in my pelvis and very strange “STRONG” period pains across my lower back… now I have this ache in my lower back since I got up this morning but not really the pain in my pelvis but I am getting the strong period pains every 40/50mins or so that make me feel really quite nauseous … :(

Does any one know if this is “normal” enough?? I’m assuming it’s just my cub getting in to position… don’t really want to be ring the Doc’s unnecessarily?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I'm almost 36weeks and last night I had the worst night… aches/pressure low down in my pelvis and very strange “STRONG” period pains across my lower back… now I have this ache in my lower back since I got up this morning but not really the pain in my pelvis but I am getting the strong period pains every 40/50mins or so that make me feel really quite nauseous … :(

Does any one know if this is “normal” enough?? I’m assuming it’s just my cub getting in to position… don’t really want to be ring the Doc’s unnecessarily?

Hi there Grandadsbear,
    Any change or have u still been having regular pains???

Hi there Grandadsbear,
    Any change or have u still been having regular pains???

Thanks Fluffyorganic... I suppose it's just the not knowing what to expect that has me a little nervous! (And I have been very lucky not having any aches or pains for the last 36weeks!!)

Still kinda have abit but not nearly as bad as they were this morning. Having LOADS of movement for the last 2 hours though which is....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MORISH

I'm 4w 4d and I'm so nervous. I found out last Saturday. I have cramps but last week I was crampy, sore boobs, peeing alot and very lightheaded and tired. Now, I've still got cramps, boobs have definitely changed, are tender and much firmer, I'm not peeing so much and I suppose I was expecting more symptoms. I know I could be here in 3 weeks wailing about MS but the lack of symptoms makes me more nervous. I did wake up early this morning,2am ish, with awful cramps. I keep telling myself that as long as there's no blood it's ok but I'm half afraid to look when I go to the toilet just in case.

We were only trying properly for 1 month, we were halfheartedly trying for 2 months before but I was clueless about ovulation etc despite being 36 and having a menstrual cycle for 24 years. Last month I took my temp every morning, got the opks and did then every day from day 10.

I suppose I'm nervous because we didn't try very hard and I'm thinking this is just too easy so something has to go wrong. Other people have been to hell and back ttcing so why would it be so simple for us. I know it's terrible really to be so irrational. I did another hpt yesterday just to make sure the bean was still there :o

Anyway, just want to air those fears because I haven't told any friends or family yet and don't want to worry OH with my paranoia. I wish I could be more excited but I know now that I'd be so upset if I MC'd so don't want to get my hopes up.

Is this what it's going to be like for ever? Someone told me before that once you become a parent you never stop worrying.

Hiya how strange

I know how you feel, i got married in april and am 9 wks pregnant, honeymoon baby, i just thought it was way too easy at 32 to get pregnant that quickly and i am still having thoughts that there is no baby there, I too had period type cramps in the first few weeks and had myself conveinced that i would have bleeding, i did have some brownish /blood staining on wiping and that totally freaked me out, but luckily i have a freind who is a gyne nurse and she reassured me its normal, anyway they have gone away now, which makes things harder in a wierd way, cos i have no symptoms of pregnancy apart from being really really tired, no changes to breasts or MS, i have done a blood hcg test and several pregnancy tests over the last 9wks, and it's always positive which is reassuring.

Just wanted to say that i share your anxieties, i am on the community midwife domino scheme and will prob not have a scan till 20wks but i am going to get a private scan done before then for reassurance, holding out for 12 wks, if i can make it that long. I have had to tell people at work because of my job and i must say that having told people it does make it a little easier cos when i worry, loads of other women have said they were the same with their pregnancies and not to worry. Maybe if you have 1 person that has gone through this you might share the news with them it really does help when the paranoia starts. otherwise feel free to PM me and we can worry together.

Thanks Morish. ;) I've felt so tired and queasy for the last couple of days. I'm not quite sure if I'm imagining it or if it's real but I don't feel human until lunch time and I can't face sitting in our canteen because the smell makes me feel worse so I go off for a wander at lunch instead. I know it seems odd to my colleagues; all of a sudden I've taken to disappearing at lunch time with no explanation. By evening time I'm wiped and it's all I can do to get myself to the bus to get home and then fall onto the sofa.

I told HR in my job as there are parts of my job I can't do now but I told them in strict confidence. I also told a friend/she guessed at the weekend so it was nice to be able to chat to someone about it.

I'm nervous as hell though. I still have cramps, sore boobs and I get light headed every now and then so at least I have some symptoms to reassure myself not to mention nausea. I've got a scan booked for 9 weeks so 3 weeks from Friday but the days seem to drag at the moment let alone the weeks. I can't believe I only found out a week and a half ago. It seems like so long ago now. I just want to get to 12 weeks as soon as possible. I don't want to tell our families until we do as it would be upsetting for our parents too if something went wrong after all it's their grandchild.

By the way I met with my doctor last week. I'm a new patient for her but she was so lovely and reassuring. She spent over half an hour with me chatting about everything and that put my mind at ease abit. I'm going to do the combined care as I'd prefer to go see her than have to wait in the hospital for checkups.

Thanks Fluffyorganic... I suppose it's just the not knowing what to expect that has me a little nervous! (And I have been very lucky not having any aches or pains for the last 36weeks!!)

Still kinda have abit but not nearly as bad as they were this morning. Having LOADS of movement for the last 2 hours though which is....:eek:

It can be quite daunting alright when it is your first!!!! The not knowing what to expect :eek:
    Have 4 myself so am an old hand at this stage;)

I was just checking that the pains hadn't become more regular and closer together as this happened me with my 3rd child.......The pains kept shifting around my body (back, stomach, low pelvis). I assumed it was false labour as I thought the pains would stay in one specific body area as in my 2 previous pregnancies I had experienced a back labour and a stomach labour!
    It turned out to be true labour however and later a midwife told me that they usually watch more for the frequency of contractions rather than the site or intensity of the contractions......
    But you sound as if your okay:)

Yeah the combned care s fantastic, in the domino scheme you go to GP and midwives and they have 3 clinics in south dublin so i dont need to go near the hospital until scan and maybe after 28wks i am like you i would hate to be queing in the hospital. It's the first grandchild on either side in the family so its been great news but only shared it with our siblings and parents but it is lovley to have a girlfriend to talk to, glad you share it with your friend, as i'm a few weeks ahead let me assure you the nerves do decrease in severity but i guess we will worry till we hold the little bundle, then prob spend the rest of our lives worring about them, so i guess we will have to get used to it. I know what you mean about just vegging on the couch once your home, the tiredness is unreal, i left the butter in the bread bin the other day, my hubbie was very amused, I also took the TV remote out instead of my moblie. I'm glad in a way i dont have MS, although i am not hungry and food is a chore at the moment but i worry that baby isn't getting enough nutrients cos i have chron's disease to complicate the whole thing, just keep trying to get something inside me when i can. Good luck with the next few weeks.

I was just checking that the pains hadn't become more regular and closer together as this happened me with my 3rd child.......The pains kept shifting around my body (back, stomach, low pelvis). I assumed it was false labour as I thought the pains would stay in one specific body area as in my 2 previous pregnancies I had experienced a back labour and a stomach labour!
    It turned out to be true labour however and later a midwife told me that they usually watch more for the frequency of contractions rather than the site or intensity of the contractions...

Think I'm o.k. Seem to have settled down abit, although still just uncomfortable. Thanks for the advice. If the cramps/pains start again I'll get the stop watch out :D
    I had experienced a back labour and a stomach labour!...

I don't think I'll ask...:(

fluffy -- oh ouch! I feel your pain. Was in labour for 4 bloody days! Started out as back labour, but baby moved at some point and I started getting the pain in my stomach as well.

hacked wrote: »
    4 bloody days!

:eek: oh dear God...

fluffy -- oh ouch! I feel your pain. Was in labour for 4 bloody days! Started out as back labour, but baby moved at some point and I started getting the pain in my stomach as well.

I had normal stomach contractions with my first child but had back labour with my second.......
    When the labour pains were moving all over the place for the third child I just assumed it was a false labour. Thank god I was already in the hospital as my waters had broke 7 weeks early and so when the baby arrived we were in the right place, otherwise I would've been sitting at home thinking it was still false:eek:

• Advertisement

That is awful, I was fierce lucky in that I have had all 4 of my children in about 3 hour labours so effectively 12-15 hours total labour time!!!!!!

Ye can only imagine the grin on my face here ladies but believe me it is huge:D

don't worry....im not normal, neither was my labour!

That is awful, I was fierce lucky in that I have had all 4 of my children in about 3 hour labours so effectively 12-15 hours total labour time!!!!!!

Ye can only imagine the grin on my face here ladies but believe me it is huge:D

Well I'm all baby and I'm just hoping that gravity will do it's job ;)
    don't worry....im not normal, neither was my labour!

Trying just not to focus on the whole labour part... as I've been told, they don't call it labour for nothing!!!!

Ah you'll be grand! Labour isn't really that bad, and you forget about it literally hours afterwards. I quite enjoyed mine actually, so much so that just under 3 months on I'm already thinking about how much I want another! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Ah you'll be grand! Labour isn't really that bad, and you forget about it literally hours afterwards. I quite enjoyed mine actually, so much so that just under 3 months on I'm already thinking about how much I want another! :rolleyes:

Welcome new mammas in waiting!

+1 Hacked...... At my 6 week check up I was asking when I could go again after a 27 hour labour. It's very do-able. Don't let the drama queens frighten you... I remember one lady down the hall roaring the hospital down about 4 hours before my little one was eventually born and it really frightened me. I asked the midwives if it really was gonna get that bad.... One very wise midwife said " if she might shut up with the drama and save her breath for the pushing she'd have a much easier time!" And they were right. Its an amazing and beautiful thing. I tried to focus on my baby as much as I could and tried to stay present with her. It really focusses you. Good midwives are worth their weight in gold.

If you are in any doubt at all - phone the doctor or hospital. Don't be afraid to bother them. I would much rather be relaxed and safe than anxious and doing the wrong thing. They won't mind one bit.

My moan for today..... 36 weeks today. So very exhausted. My two year old is so full of beans and I am so madly in love with her that it is hard to let her go at bedtime. SPD keeping me awake at night. Only 8 working days left at work. A couple of half days coming up for doc appmnts etc and am looking forward to the time off but I find I have so much to do on my days off that they are more frantic than my working days. Got given out to again today for being dehydrated at the docs. Not drinking enough water. Just unmanagablility really, need to prioritize it above running around and getting to the docs on time! Baby has foot jammed into my diaphragm all day today and I am struggling to breathe. Hate this clammy weather, ankles like pots. There now. I feel much better.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

My moan for the day is lack of labour signs!!!

I am 41 weeks and have completely no signs of anything happening! Nothing, nada, zip, zilch!!! I'm still very high up so baby hasn't dropped at all. I was speaking to a girl who is not due for another 3 weeks and she really looks ready to go! She is really low and even her face has the look of something happening. She had her show and is getting pains for a couple of days now!

Nesting hasn't kicked in yet but I forced myself to do a huge clean yesterday thinking that maybe it might bring it on.

Thing is though, I'm not really that pushed on it coming out yet!!! I know that sounds strange but I am perfectly happy to still be pregnant for a couple of days as I am not looking forward to the labour! But if people stopped calling me to ask if its arrived yet then maybe I could enjoy my last couple of days of being pregnant!

When the apple is ripe..... I suppose!

Hiya all the mummies!!

As i posted before i am 9 weeks pregnant but with very few symptoms just tiredness, and some aches in my lower back at times but thats only small. Just wondering if any of you had similar pregnancies in the early months or am i just lucky?? It worries me at times.

MORISH wrote: »
    Hiya all the mummies!!

As i posted before i am 9 weeks pregnant but with very few symptoms just tiredness, and some aches in my lower back at times but thats only small. Just wondering if any of you had similar pregnancies in the early months or am i just lucky?? It worries me at times.

Hi Morish... I was the same, tiredness only hit me at 13weeks and only really lasted a couple of weeks, and only got the occasional sharp pain in my side, which when I asked about it, was told it was just stretching out!

I'm 36weeks tomorrow and got a fright then when I did get a pain across my lower back earlier in the week but I think I got more of a fright just because I haven't had any real aches and/or uncomfortableness...yet...although my moan for today could be about, trying to turn over in bed!! This last week or so it's a PURE nightmare and I'm not even really that big :rolleyes:

MORISH wrote: »
    Hiya all the mummies!!

Hey MORISH,

Be careful what you wish for! I was bemoaning the lack of symptoms last week! I've felt terrible all week with nausea. I can't eat anything except crackers and bread. I can't bear the thoughts or smell of meat. Breakfast, funnily enough, seems to the time when I eat best so I have a good one but lunch and dinner are tough. I felt wretched last night and even felt queasy when I went to bed.

I'm hungry but when I think of eating I just feel sick. On top of that I get very lightheaded and dizzy so if someone tipped off me I think I'd fall over.

Oh the joys! 6 weeks today :D

• Advertisement

Oh the joys! 6 weeks today :D

Wow How Strange... Congrats!!!

6 weeks... God it seems so long ago now that I could say that! Have you told anyone? We didn't tell until 18weeks and now everyone thinks we've had a lovely quick pregnancy!

Advertisement