Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Finally got on the birth ball last night after midwife told me to yesterday for the rest of pregnancy, after a half hour though my pelvis was even more sore than before, not sure if it's meant to get like that so was very uncomfortable in bed last night:(

What height are you? It's really important to get the right one for your height:

If you're up to 1.73m (5ft 8in) in height, it's best to get a 65cm ball.
    If you're 1.75m (5ft 9in) or taller then it's best to get a 75cm ball.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1048463/using-a-birth-ball#ixzz32R0Gty2H

Also, are you sure your sitting properly on it? It shouldn't be causing you any more pain and should in fact offer you relief so you might not be sitting on it correctly.

Place your feet approximately 20-25 inches (50.8cm to 63.5cm) apart.
    Keep your spine straight, but leaning slightly forward. This will help to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which is something that is very important for pregnancy in order to prepare your body for an easier labour.

Have a look at these videos:

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/13579-prenatal-exercises-pelvic-tilts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Thanks girls I got the 65 one as I'm 5 ft 5 1/2! I must have been sitting on it incorrectly I'll defo check out the videos! Thanks so much, my pelvis is sore enough as it is so need relief:)

No problem. You don't want to needlessly make an existing problem worse. Look at the videos and get your partner to make sure that you are sitting on it properly, you will get enormous relief from it.

Did you have your BP checked again this week?

Merkin wrote: »
    No problem. You don't want to needlessly make an existing problem worse. Look at the videos and get your partner to make sure that you are sitting on it properly, you will get enormous relief from it.

Did you have your BP checked again this week?

Thanks Merkin!

I got it checked yesterday and was 124/84 so midwife was happy with it and urine was clear. She said the docs machines are usually rubbish so I'm happy to take my next reading from the gp with a pinch of salt! Back to gp next week and Rotunda the week after, the little guy is around 6 1/2lbs now!

Oh that's a wonderful result! I'm thrilled for you as I know how concerned you were. You can get back to the important business of feeling excited now! Yay! :)

Your "little" guy is already quite big, when are you due?

• Advertisement

Oh that's a wonderful result! I'm thrilled for you as I know how concerned you were. You can get back to the important business of feeling excited now! Yay! :)

Your "little" guy is already quite big, when are you due?

Haha I'll start getting nervous in 2 weeks when I'm heading back in but hanging in there fine so far! I saw you can get issues with it literally with a week or two to go so the closer I can get to the big day the better and hopefully I won't have any probs at all!

I'm 36 and 6 days, doc seemed happy with weight hope it's on track!

It will be fine, it seems to be well within the normal range so I'd take great comfort from that! Please try not to worry.

Ah that's a lovely weight for a 36-week bubs! I had my 30-week scan last week and he weighed 4lb5oz so he should be ready for school by the time he comes out at this rate! :)

It will be fine, it seems to be well within the normal range so I'd take great comfort from that! Please try not to worry.

Ah that's a lovely weight for a 36-week bubs! I had my 30-week scan last week and he weighed 4lb5oz so he should be ready for school by the time he comes out at this rate! :)

Haha he was 4lbs 11oz 30th April scan I'd say we're not far off each other your fella sounds like he's a very content baby just enjoying his time relaxing and laying down some fat stores! They must be having a great time while we're lugging them around:D

Aww, that's what I find adorable. I love that they're having a great time in there and comfy as you like. Like you say, I think they are fully grown length wise from about 30 weeks so after that it's just lovely, squishy, kissable chubbiness that's being laid down in preparation for meeting everyone and showing people how lovely they are :)

Aww, that's what I find adorable. I love that they're having a great time in there and comfy as you like. Like you say, I think they are fully grown length wise from about 30 weeks so after that it's just lovely, squishy, kissable chubbiness that's being laid down in preparation for meeting everyone and showing people how lovely they are :)

Haha me too we're dying to meet him so badly at this stage!! I know he's coming but I still can't get my head around it sometimes I say I'll be in complete shock for a while when he arrives!:D Can't wait to cuddle him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Thanks Merkin!

I got it checked yesterday and was 124/84 so midwife was happy with it and urine was clear. She said the docs machines are usually rubbish so I'm happy to take my next reading from the gp with a pinch of salt! Back to gp next week and Rotunda the week after, the little guy is around 6 1/2lbs now!

Great to hear that your bp is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

thought i was getting away with no heartburn ( was crippled with it on mt 1st girl) but low and behold today at 33weeks it decides to make an appearance and i could cry hate it :(

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    If you were to believe everything that people/Google says about what to avoid in pregnancy you'd have nothing left to eat!

Bloody annoying, isn't it!
    Saw this recently, lol at the pregnancy lists
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bunmi-laditan/how-to-raise-a-perfect-child_b_5215048.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Bloody annoying, isn't it!
    Saw this recently, lol at the pregnancy lists
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bunmi-laditan/how-to-raise-a-perfect-child_b_5215048.html

LOL love it!!!

it's just lovely, squishy, kissable chubbiness :)

that sounds so gorgeous and cute!

that sounds so gorgeous and cute!

Aww I know, chubby bubbas are adorable. I love when they get little dimples on their hands and a line across their little wrists from being little tubs, it's so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I have a moan! I have a kidney infection, a sore throat, a cough and a blocked nose and all those lovely aches and pains that go along with a headcold. Now my boss wants to have an ''honest chat with me about work and what I'm capable of''. Whyyyyyyyyyyy did I get sick?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Isolt wrote: »
    I have a moan! I have a kidney infection, a sore throat, a cough and a blocked nose and all those lovely aches and pains that go along with a headcold. Now my boss wants to have an ''honest chat with me about work and what I'm capable of''. Whyyyyyyyyyyy did I get sick?????

To infect him!!!
    Go to the meeting clutching lots of crumpled tissues and other props and he'll want away from you super fast.
    On a serious note though, shouldn't you really be staying at home? All of those things are a big deal when you're not pregnant never mind throwing pregnancy in on top of it all.
    Mind yourself xx

To infect him!!!
    Go to the meeting clutching lots of crumpled tissues and other props and he'll want away from you super fast.
    On a serious note though, shouldn't you really be staying at home? All of those things are a big deal when you're not pregnant never mind throwing pregnancy in on top of it all.
    Mind yourself xx

I agree just worry about looking after yourself and feel freeze to sneeze in his direction:D

Just read on the Independent about a 9 month pregnant homeless woman who's sleeping outside the Rotunda at night in case she goes into labour!:eek:

Isolt, have you been to a doctor about your kidney infection or do you just suspect you have one? Either way, it's really important to address it asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Isolt, have you been to a doctor about your kidney infection or do you just suspect you have one? Either way, it's really important to address it asap.

+1 - not to alarm you Isolt, but I got a kidney infection at 36 weeks which set off labour!! Get thee to a doc, you might need an antibiotic. High temp isn't good for the baba (or you!)

And let your boss stew, go home and have a few days rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Had my 32 week MW appointment yesterday (at 33 weeks due to my exams, which are FINISHED :D ). She said that baby is very much engaged, and asked how long I had been feeling pressure. I told her that it's been about a week and a half since I noticed her drop, but the pressure has gotten stronger and can be unbearable this past few days. She measured my bump (which is always spot on) and informed me I'm measuring a week and a half ahead. She felt around again and told me to see my GP as usual in two weeks and that...

"I'll book you in for your 37 week check-up for novelty's sake. I think your baby has other ideas!"

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Had my 32 week MW appointment yesterday (at 33 weeks due to my exams, which are FINISHED :D ). She said that baby is very much engaged, and asked how long I had been feeling pressure. I told her that it's been about a week and a half since I noticed her drop, but the pressure has gotten stronger and can be unbearable this past few days. She measured my bump (which is always spot on) and informed me I'm measuring a week and a half ahead. She felt around again and told me to see my GP as usual in two weeks and that...

"I'll book you in for your 37 week check-up for novelty's sake. I think your baby has other ideas!"

:eek:

Can u stay in the mlu if you do go very early?

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Can u stay in the mlu if you do go very early?

Theyll take me from 36 weeks but it depends on how my labour is looking. But if I go before that theyd be reluctant

Wow ShaShaBear that's incredible!:D

Prob seems a bit scary the baby may come quickly but think if you're sitting there at 41 weeks going come on let's do this!!:D

Wow ShaShaBear that's incredible!:D

Prob seems a bit scary the baby may come quickly but think if you're sitting there at 41 weeks going come on let's do this!!:D

I'm not scared at all really - considering I'm full term in four weeks, there is always going to be a point in the pregnancy where I will think "I might go into labour in four weeks!"

We have the hospital bag packed and ready, I have my no.1, 2 and 3 drivers to the hospital chosen and confirmed, I have my birth plan done, a key cut for my dogsitter and everything cleaned and set up for when she gets here! I'm finished college now too, so I literally have to sit here and wait! :p

That's brill!! I feel kind of prepared and we have the bag ready and stuff and yet I don't know if I really am inside or even if I had another 9 months if I'd be mentally prepared for labour!:o

I'm hoping I get focused when it happens and get a great head strong attitude about it all rather than fall to pieces, with how my hormones have been throughout pregnancy it's quite hard to tell!:D

That's brill!! I feel kind of prepared and we have the bag ready and stuff and yet I don't know if I really am inside or even if I had another 9 months if I'd be mentally prepared for labour!:o

I'm hoping I get focused when it happens and get a great head strong attitude about it all rather than fall to pieces, with how my hormones have been throughout pregnancy it's quite hard to tell!:D

I have my partner, mother and sister coming in with me when I give birth so I have the experience, the love and the light-heartedness I think I'll need to get me through it! My sister is a nutcase and she always makes me laugh, and I know my mother won't allow them to do anything I'm not comfortable with, and I know Mr. Bear won't let go of my hand and every pain I get will seem like a sacrifice to him so he'll probably be waiting on me hand and foot in total awe when we get home :pac:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I have my partner, mother and sister coming in with me when I give birth so I have the experience, the love and the light-heartedness I think I'll need to get me through it! My sister is a nutcase and she always makes me laugh, and I know my mother won't allow them to do anything I'm not comfortable with, and I know Mr. Bear won't let go of my hand and every pain I get will seem like a sacrifice to him so he'll probably be waiting on me hand and foot in total awe when we get home :pac:

Ah that's brill and I feel the same about my fiance being there with me, couldn't do it without him! Him being with me every step of the way is the only way I'm calm at all, he's always a tower of strength in moments of panic and has been incredible all the way through pregnancy, I'm just hoping inside I feel strong rather than the days where I've panicked and cried loads!:o

How come you can have three people in with you I'm only allowed one which is great as long as my fiance can be there but I know my mam would love to pop up and check in on me and she's going to be hanging around the hospital anyway but there isn't a hope of getting her into the delivery ward in the Rotunda!

• Advertisement

Ah that's brill and I feel the same about my fiance being there with me, couldn't do it without him! Him being with me every step of the way is the only way I'm calm at all, he's always a tower of strength in moments of panic and has been incredible all the way through pregnancy, I'm just hoping inside I feel strong rather than the days where I've panicked and cried loads!:o

How come you can have three people in with you I'm only allowed one which is great as long as my fiance can be there but I know my mam would love to pop up and check in on me and she's going to be hanging around the hospital anyway but there isn't a hope of getting her into the delivery ward in the Rotunda!

With the MLU I get a fully private room for birthing and for staying in with baby afterwards. MW said I can have a party of people in there if I want once it doesn't interfere with them caring for me and the baby. There is a futon couch in my room for people to stay, but they prefer if only one person stays at night which will be my partner :o

Advertisement