Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Neyite wrote: »
    I'm sure you love her and all, but she is a dope.

I love the bones of her but yes, that exact phrase came to mind for me too :D I'm hoping it was just a silly off the cuff remark, we're somewhat limited in support so I kind of need this to work with her. I'll maintain my optimism for the time being!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

That's a harsh comment from your mother Jerrica :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Jerrica wrote: »
    Awake since five. I had to move into the spare room with the noise of my husband. No, he wasn't snoring, jbut he was breathing. His breathing - at 5am this morning, when I'd only slept for four hours - might as well have been a war time siren. Who does he think he is with his respiration and his alive-ness, inconsiderate poopyhead... :o I may be a little grumpy today.

:pac:

Things are a little bit up in the air with some family stuff so I told my Mum I was really going to be relying on her help when this little one makes her grand entrance. I was duly informed that while on maternity leave it's my duty to have a hot meal on the table when my husband comes home from work and I have to make an effort not to let my standards of home cleanliness and personal care slip. I honestly don't know whether to laugh my face off or cry with frustration!!

OMG I actually laughed at this! You've been in my house, it's a mess, baby does not care or notice that it's a mess and neither do we. (Well OK I'd love a clean home, but I can't afford a cleaner. It might not be clean, but it's at least hygienic. Ish. :D ) Give me time playing with my baby over time scrubbing the floors any day. Sure it'll build up his immune system! :D You only get those few months of maternity leave, you'll never get that time with your baby again, make the most of it. As for the hot dinners and housework in general - it's half and half between myself and boyfriend. Sure it'll be that way when I go back to work anyways so he might as well get used to that routine.

Looking after a new baby is a full-time job. It really truly is! And I say that as someone who's bottlefeeding, you will be breastfeeding, that baby will be literally attached to you! Do not expect or hope to get anything done around the house, just enjoy the precious time with your baby!

You will not look back on your maternity leave and remember that one amazing day you scrubbed the house top to bottom and got all the laundry done. You'll only remember the amazing special moments you had with your tiny baby. That's what this time is all about. Not about feckin housework and dinners! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Chat your home is a long way from being a mess!! But thank you, you've vocalised a lot of the thoughts I was having and couldn't quite put into words. I've been looking forward to having this baby for my whole adult life and I'm going to enjoy every flipping minute of her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I'd like to have a wee moan!not about pregnancy as such because it took me too long to get pregnant so I swear I'm not gonna moan(I may regret sayin that)
    It's about stupid people,why do people think just cos your pregnant it's ok to mention your weight . The last two weeks I've got at work Hmmmmmm your getting a little roundy,today I'm after getting you must be eatin extra . I just feel like sayin stfu would yas I'm just after doin ivf and now I'm pregnant and really bloated and we'll aware I'm after putting on a half stone!
    Rant over,someone's gonna get the sharp end of my hormone head some of these days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

bobskii wrote: »
    I'd like to have a wee moan!not about pregnancy as such because it took me too long to get pregnant so I swear I'm not gonna moan(I may regret sayin that)
    It's about stupid people,why do people think just cos your pregnant it's ok to mention your weight . The last two weeks I've got at work Hmmmmmm your getting a little roundy,today I'm after getting you must be eatin extra . I just feel like sayin stfu would yas I'm just after doin ivf and now I'm pregnant and really bloated and we'll aware I'm after putting on a half stone!
    Rant over,someone's gonna get the sharp end of my hormone head some of these days :D

I think some people are just missing a sensitivity chip bobskii :-) Ignore them and enjoy this time after waiting so long.

After my first failed ivf 2 girls in work asked me straight out if I was pregnant cos I looked like I was according to them. I was devastated after everything and was still bloated after the treatment.
    Second treatment was grand cos was in December where we were all well wrapped up and everyone was fighting the Christmas bulge while I was quietly growing my bump!!
    You might very well regret saying you won't moan. I said the same and in fairness I'm having a very easy pregnancy but now the moaning and groaning is starting a little :-) but I think that's part of the enjoyment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

I think some people are just missing a sensitivity chip bobskii :-) Ignore them and enjoy this time after waiting so long.

After my first failed ivf 2 girls in work asked me straight out if I was pregnant cos I looked like I was according to them. I was devastated after everything and was still bloated after the treatment.
    Second treatment was grand cos was in December where we were all well wrapped up and everyone was fighting the Christmas bulge while I was quietly growing my bump!!
    You might very well regret saying you won't moan. I said the same and in fairness I'm having a very easy pregnancy but now the moaning and groaning is starting a little :-) but I think that's part of the enjoyment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

People can be idiots, honestly I've never felt more proud of my body than during pregnancy, it finally made me appreciate what an amazing machine it is!

Appointment went good in Rotunda, bp up a little (but had an awful pig out at weekend which may have contributed) but still in good range, no protein so doc just said come in next Weds and if it has gone into bad range for any reason they can discuss getting on with the matter of labour! Just gonna be extra good for the next week and see how I get on!

Lol . I've taken to rollin my eyes alot these days!I don't mind when my brother say it cos I know they are just winding me up but I suppose I'll get used to it . ill develop a thick skin along with my layers of fat :)

Feck them all Bobskii, what you've achieved is amazing !!
    So you had to put on a few pounds as a result of the drugs to do it, so flipping what! We're all going to be huge in a few months time anyway (and some of us are already well on the way!) so might as well get started :P

• Advertisement

I got trapped between the wall and the clothes horse when I was ironing last week, forget how big the bump is:pac:

My moan is we had to leave The Eagles concert last night because the heat was so tropical I felt awful and thought I was going to pass out:(

SmokeyEyes that made me lol!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucuma wrote: »
    Neyite what do you mean by 'sit sideways on the bed' sorry now it's probably self-explanatory but do you just mean to sit on the side of the bed or to lie on your side? Also I don't understand if your bum is far enough back on the bed to allow your bump to be resting on the bed, how could you be close enough to cuddle your partner sitting on a stool in front of you? :confused:

What I mean is sit up, on the side of the bed. Shuffle your bum backwards a little bit on the bed so that the backs of your thighs are also on the bed, spread your legs and lean forwards so your bump rests on the bed. Then you are able to lean forward a bit more because your bump is not resting on your lap, but lower.

Your partner sits on a stool and positions himself facing you between your legs he leans forwards into you and supports you so your weight is not on your bump or your back.

I was able to put my arms around my partners shoulders and my face into his neck and his hands were on my waist. When a contraction would come, I would put my hands on his biceps and push against him while he held me firm. It seemed to help me immensly, far more than when I was curled up on my side.

Its basically one of the three positions they can put you in for administering an epidural so if you ask the midwife about the sitting position, thats the one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

My arm is sooo sore after getting the whooping cough vaccine yesterday. Also soo tired, like how I was in the 1st trimester, did anyone find this after getting the vaccine? Think I may have overdone it yesterday which is probably contributing to it though, worked til 4, 90min commute to docs at 5.30, dinner at the inlaws at 6, 45min commute to hospital for antenatal class for 7.30, back home at 10pm only to have to bake for a dinner party at a friends house tonight! Definately not lifting a finger tomorrow:)

I wanted my gp to change my dates on my maternity leave forms so I'd finish up a week before due date instead of 2weeks, she was having none of it... I thought this was a regular enough request, obviously if I was finding it hard towards the end I'd finish up earlier. Worth asking the hospital instead, just have a feeling I'll go the full 2weeks over (like my Mam on all 4of us) and dont want to waste a month of maternity leave with no baby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My arm was a little tender after getting the whooping cough vaccine but only really for a day and the swelling went down quickly. It probably seems twice as bad and your tolerance to pain not as high if you're exhausted - it sounds like you've been totally overdoing it. I did too a few days ago and it's just not worth it! Use the weekend to be self indulgent and catch up some rest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Yeah was just one of those days I guess! Will make sure I dont make doc appointments on the same days as my classes anymore, lesson learned:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

My moan today is that the worry doesn't stop at 40 weeks!

So my beautiful baby girl Christine was born on Wednesday. Unfortunately an emergency CS was needed but we're both doing great. I'm still in hospital and I just find I'm worrying about EVERYTHING! For example, my milk came in yesterday and she seems to be latching on well and has a great suck. But she only feeds for 15-20 mins and then that's her for 3 hours. Sometimes I have to wake her to feed. She has wet nappies and I know she is feeding as my boobs are softer after she feeds. But I'm just worried she's not feeding enough and sleeping too much! Also she isn't having a load of dirties yet, though the ones she has are yellow.

The midwives are great and are telling me not to worry but I can't help it!

Other than that, she is perfection personified and I can't believe we have made something so beautiful and perfect. I also can't believe she's a girl! I was sure she was a boy, I keep having to pinch myself to believe my luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

ncmc wrote: »
    My moan today is that the worry doesn't stop at 40 weeks!

So my beautiful baby girl Christine was born on Wednesday. Unfortunately an emergency CS was needed but we're both doing great. I'm still in hospital and I just find I'm worrying about EVERYTHING! For example, my milk came in yesterday and she seems to be latching on well and has a great suck. But she only feeds for 15-20 mins and then that's her for 3 hours. Sometimes I have to wake her to feed. She has wet nappies and I know she is feeding as my boobs are softer after she feeds. But I'm just worried she's not feeding enough and sleeping too much! Also she isn't having a load of dirties yet, though the ones she has are yellow.

The midwives are great and are telling me not to worry but I can't help it!

Other than that, she is perfection personified and I can't believe we have made something so beautiful and perfect. I also can't believe she's a girl! I was sure she was a boy, I keep having to pinch myself to believe my luck.

congratulations on your little bundle arriving. Just sinething my mum said to me, you'll never not worry again. It's what mun's do :)

With regards feeding, babies take what they need and starting off it's very little. They only have tiny tummies. She'll let you know when she's hungry and feeding will increase. Also, they sleep loads. I couldnt believe how much our little woman slept. Take this time to relax and rest when she does.

Enjoy every min. You're already an amazing mum x

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Congratulations on your precious baby girl ncmc! :)

My moan for today is that I have a weird stinging pain very low down. I've read it's totally normal and probably stretching pains but yikes! It's uncomfortable :(

We got brought back for the Eagles concert again last night in disabled seating area, made it through the whole 3 hours woo hoo!!:D So can't moan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

My moan for today is god awful SPD. Can barely walk :(

I've got such fluid retention my toes look like little cocktail sausages at the moment :o

Merkin wrote: »
    I've got such fluid retention my toes look like little cocktail sausages at the moment :o

I spent Friday cleaning house and by the evening they looked like novelty feet!!:-):-) Mine have been swelling on and off since March!!

Lol at novelty feet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Isolt , i think i can empathise with your pain (literally ). Getting the odd round ligament pain e.g. turned too quickly in bed yest and ouchies!

Also find that it is getting increasingly difficult to bend over!! I am already struggling with taking shoes/ runners on and off and OMG what's it gonna be like as bump gets bigger?!! I'm 24+5 so if the bending is hard now.....YIKES ! Anyone else having this prob so soon already ?

73trix wrote: »
    Isolt , i think i can empathise with your pain (literally ). Getting the odd round ligament pain e.g. turned too quickly in bed yest and ouchies!

Also find that it is getting increasingly difficult to bend over!! I am already struggling with taking shoes/ runners on and off and OMG what's it gonna be like as bump gets bigger?!! I'm 24+5 so if the bending is hard now.....YIKES ! Anyone else having this prob so soon already ?

You have to squat down on your haunches to reach low stuff as opposed to bending. Learned this in preg yoga and have been doing it for the last 2 months instead of bending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Overdid it yesterday and my back is absolutely in bits today :( Need to be more upfront with people about what I can and cannot manage, and not worry about looking 'demanding'. Only 7 more hours 'til I can go home and lie down... sigh.

Lucuma wrote: »
    You have to squat down on your haunches to reach low stuff as opposed to bending. Learned this in preg yoga and have been doing it for the last 2 months instead of bending.

That's interesting. I've been advised NOT to squat at all in the last couple of months. The midwife said that it can force the baby down into an unfavorable position before its ready to engage naturally so any kind of squatting is ill-advised. I think it's probably fine until you get to the more advanced stages. I'm 34 weeks now and fear if I was to squat right now the little man would come flying out!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

73trix wrote: »

I'm 24 + 3 and finding bending over hard too. It's actually pretty uncomfortable, even to put shoes on! I am hoping this is just the initial phase of getting used to having a proper bump and that we'll get used to it.... right? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm 33wks and have no issues with putting my shoes, socks etc on. To put the shoes on I sit down on the 2nd step of the stairs and bend down sideways to the left or to the right to reach my feet, there's plenty of clearance left between my arm and belly, my bump could be double the size and I still would be able to do it. I can put my socks when standing up - I raise my leg to the side not straight upfront as I used to - again no problems, same with underwear, trousers etc. This might be tricky if you have balance issues, it would be safer to sit down, I think.
    I've read in one of the links posted here (by Merkin?) that it's not recommended to squat below parallel later in the pregnancy because it might interfere with baby getting into right position for the labor.

Advertisement