Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Ten movements doesnt mean ten periods of time during the day...it literally means ten movements. 2 kicks in the same 5 minute span counts as 2 movements.

As for where you feel the kicks...you'll feel them wherever! I felt them in my bum when I was pregnant too...it all depended on which way the baby was lying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

thank you hacked he does have ten movements a day and your comment reassured me so thank you
    and glad the bum thing is just to how he is lying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

~My moan today... finished work today (Yay!) but have rotten headache with three days now that just won't go away.... and little daughter has a vomiting bug, she has vomited on me three times so far tonight. I have her next to me on the couch here because at least then I know when she is going to get sick. I'm scared to put her to bed in case she vomits in her sleep and I don't hear her. Poor little chicken. I smell of puke and am dying to clamber into the shower but it'll wait. The whole living room stinks! Hopefully tomorrow she will be better and we will both smell of Burts Bees!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I promised myself I would try not to moan and have been feeling pretty positive for the past few weeks (apart from some hormone related craziness over the weekend!!) but oh my god the HEAT!!! I can't cope in it at the best of times, nevermind when preggers. I had to sit down half way through getting dressed to catch my breath and am dreading the walk to the creche later. Luckily I'm off work today but really hope the temperature drops for the rest of the week, nay the rest of my pregnancy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi girls i've been quite lately had a few disastorous weeks!!! We went on hols to portugal the last week in May our lil girl took sick over there. Then when we got home we discovered our house had been broken into still makes my skin crawl thinking of them in my house!!! Then less than 3 days home i got sick and ended up been kept in for a few days on a drip i've never really been away from 2 year old it broke my heart!!! So loads of things to maon about. On the good news from i'm 30 weeks on Thursday which means into the countdown so can't wait. I really have to start getting organised haven't much in at all on my first lil girl i had presses off stuff by 20 weeks i got a lill over excited this time my poor lil bump has 3 baby grows and thats it and nothing for my hospital bag so time to get shopping.

OMG Vel so agree with the heat on my first i was due in december so it was artic this time the heat of been heavily pregnant in the summer is a real shocker i can't believe how tiring it is!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Elsy, so sorry to hear about your break in :o you really don't need a shock like that at this time in your life. I hope they didn't get much :( little bastards x

My only moan is that I'm absolutely suffocating with hayfever and can't take anything. Can't stop sneezing and my eyes are puffy. Bad enough that I'm up 5 times during the night to pee but when my remaining sleep is being disrupted by a drippy, itchy, sore nose and weepy eyes.. Not good :mad: :(

Anyone know of any remedies that might help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I hear you on the heat Vel, I don't do well in this type of weather and the last time it was this warm I was expecting my second 10 years ago and was heading to be over due.

elsy I am sorry to hear you have had such and upset.

xzanti Acupuncture might be an option, irrigating your sinus, nasal guard and witchhazel wipes on your face to bring down any puffiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not really a moan, but I spend all day in work dreaming of getting home so I can eat pint glasses of ice cubes! I won't have a tooth in my head. I won't be needing sensodyne anytime soon.

And I dream of getting in to bed and sleeping, lots of sleeping.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Im craving ice too...apparently its a sign your low in iron...low and behold was in the hosp yesterday and my iron levels are very low, have to take a double dose from now on or else 'ill never deliver this baby'..fingers crossed my levels rise and my energy levels increase :)

28 days left!!! whoop!

going over just isnt an option :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

After all my talk on lack of symptoms have got them with a bang this week. Had to call in sick to work on Monday as literally couldnt lift my head off the pillow without getting a massive wave of nausea. Poor husband brought me up crackers and water but I nearly threw it back in his face... he's getting the brunt of it!

Yesterday made it into work but nausea all morning, then at about 12 was vomiting in toilets, made worse by the fact I was on edge hoping someone wouldnt come in and hear me.

From about 3pm I was fine. Went on a massive walk last night and felt so much better after.

Feel dodgy again today, hopefully wont be as bad as past two days though. God I wish I had the days back where I was moaning that the only symptom I had was sore boobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I hear you Herbertgirl first few months my pregnancy was fine however in the last month or so its been a nightmare
    been told yesterday that i have another kidney infection my back is killing me they send my pee off to the lab and said they should post out a prescription to me Monday dont know if i can cope with the pain for that long :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

Oh no edellc, hope you feel better soon :)

Hi Ladies, I've been missing for a few nights.... mad time for me. Last night I posted my little 2year old was down with a vomiting bug. Well she wouldn't drink anything for me and kept on bringing up even the little bits of water or ribena I gave her so I took her to the Southdoc who gave her immodium suppositories which didn't work for €50.And so on Monday I took her to our own doc for another €50 who immediately told me to bring her to hospital that she had a stomach virus and that she would need to be on the drip.Janey lads the bloody price of going to the doctor these days is mad. Anyway she gets admitted and wasn't the happiest bunny with the drip but otherwise was so sick she didn't really care where she was. Then my hubby came down with it on Tuesday. They decided to keep her in again on Tuesday and that's when I started having labour pains. (2 weeks early!:eek:)
    They sent me down to the fetal assessment ward and had a look and said I wasnt in "established" labour but if things progressed to come back in straight away. But to bring my notes (at home in the kitchen), as they knew nothing about me because I had been booked in for Limerick not Tralee. Plenty of smart comments about "oh how come you aren't coming to Tralee".... really thats a question they should be able to figure out for themselves. So I had a stiff chat with the bump and asked it if it could oblige me just this once and stay put for a few more days at least. I promised it a dodie! And so the bump obliged and the pains stopped.
    And then I got the virus that night. Thankfully Tues night my daughter started to come round and was being taken off the drip and started back on toast and flat 7up. My mad sister started sending her usual venom over email (c.c.ing the entire family!) so I told her to get lost away from me. She was hoping for a bit of a scrap but she didn't reckon on being told to shag off! She certainly didn't set about mending any fences by being the way she was.
    And so today my little one was discharged with a diagnosis of Rotavirus and the warning that it will be in her system possibly another week. She was so excited to get out of the hospital and get home. It was lovely to see her giggling and playing with her toys at home tonight. After sharing her bed for the last 2 nights she chanced her paw to get into mine at bedtime, but I put her off saying that we must all sleep in our own beds at home, and that anyway I have no nice rockingchair in my room for cuddle time. That did the trick. I've never seen her go to bed so happy. I'm over the worst of the virus myself now, but hubby is still suffering.

Oh TW you poor love, you've had a rough couple of days - something you dont need close to your DD.

am glad your little one is getting back to herself, it breaks your heart when they are sick doesnt it, you feel so bloody useless.

Try and take it easy missus xxxxxxx

No pregnancy related moan today. Hubby's boss has "lost" the fax we sent last month with the dates of his annual leave due to start next week and "can't remember" the phone conversation last november telling him I was pregnant and booking the month of July off. Dick head! Fortunately I had a copy of the fax and faxed it over to him again. He says we faked it. I want to kick him in the goolies so bad. Hubby works in an industry where everyone is on tenderhooks for the hours they have and are constantly under threat of losing hours to someone else. The boss knows this and if you ask for anything like the correct hourly rate, or overtime rate or bank hol pay you find your hours go mysteriously down by half for 6 months. He's trying to pay less employers PRSI by having lots of employees all working fewer hours and earning under the threshold so he pays the lower rate himself.

Good otherwise today. Had my first food today, the most scrumptious sandwich bar ham sandwich eaten in the sunshine in the park while the little one had a ball on the slide.Having my first tea since monday now. My goodness I love tea. Next scan monday and I get to see if baby is still OP. Fingers and legs crossed.:D

ah target, i am getting so excited for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

No pregnancy related moan today. Hubby's boss has "lost" the fax we sent last month with the dates of his annual leave due to start next week and "can't remember" the phone conversation last november telling him I was pregnant and booking the month of July off. Dick head! Fortunately I had a copy of the fax and faxed it over to him again. He says we faked it. I want to kick him in the goolies so bad. Hubby works in an industry where everyone is on tenderhooks for the hours they have and are constantly under threat of losing hours to someone else. The boss knows this and if you ask for anything like the correct hourly rate, or overtime rate or bank hol pay you find your hours go mysteriously down by half for 6 months. He's trying to pay less employers PRSI by having lots of employees all working fewer hours and earning under the threshold so he pays the lower rate himself.

Good otherwise today. Had my first food today, the most scrumptious sandwich bar ham sandwich eaten in the sunshine in the park while the little one had a ball on the slide.Having my first tea since monday now. My goodness I love tea. Next scan monday and I get to see if baby is still OP. Fingers and legs crossed.:D
    TargetWidow people like that deserve no luck in the world and lets hope his day will come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Ah Tw thats the last thing you need ,what with your little one and himself being sick aswell!!
    As how strange said..Karmas a witch :D
    Its soo close now..2 and a bit weeks left for me :D:D
    Finishing work today ...Roll on 5.30 :D

No moan cant moan today..Just cant find one..Shouldnt have said that though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Glad to read that you are feeling better TW:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My hormones are driving me mad.. I wanted to rip the OHs head off all day :mad: every little thing is irritating the bejesus out of me.. Had the OHs family over and his nephew gets right under my skin at the best of times :( I could have easily killed the child today.. I wonder would the excuse of hormones stand to you in court?? Hmmmmmm :o :rolleyes:

Yes. Yes it would.

I know how you feel tho..my brother just got the rath of my hormones..the OH cant wait until I give birth so I get the old me back.

Being pregnant is like getting a personality transplant :o someone merly breathing loudly can causes you to want to run over and rip their fcking head off :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Next scan monday and I get to see if baby is still OP. Fingers and legs crossed.:D

I can't find where on thread you mentioned this before. Glad they caught it. I was 6cm dilated before they noticed with me. Yeah, thanks dudes.

What will happen if you're still OP? Will you be offered a section?

LadyE wrote: »
    Yes. Yes it would.

I know how you feel tho..my brother just got the rath of my hormones..the OH cant wait until I give birth so I get the old me back.

Being pregnant is like getting a personality transplant :o someone merly breathing loudly can causes you to want to run over and rip their fcking head off :o

It's so true! I didn't realise what a personality transplant I had until I had my baby and chilled out again. I feel more like a different person now anyway....having a baby has this way of mellowing you out.

Now this is what I call a moan:

I am dying of a cold, I've had it 2 weeks tomorrow, I can't get an appointment with my doctor till Wed. Al I have taken is about 3 paracetamol per day. I tried olbus oil in hot water but I threw up after it worked.

I got buttercup cough medicine, which did nothing. Every time I cough, the baby kicks me and then the syatic nerve kicks off!

I only got 3 hrs sleep last night.

Once i'm cured I'm going to wear a face mask until I delivery.

Siatic nerve pain what does that feel like?

After I eat or drink anything Im in bits, getting to a stage where Im second guessing having something to drink or eat because the pain isnt worth it...its like bnaba moves its head and I get a horrible huge fork of pain.

:(

Im so not prepared for labour because this nearly has me in tears

Hard to explain, it like your leg fell asleep but the pain is a shooting pain at the top of the fat bit of your bum (lower lumbar region). Hurts when you lie on your back then move, when you bend down and get back up again.

That food/drink thing sounds bad, how far gone are you again.....I forget!

Could it be trapped air, don't laugh, that can be excruciating.

You are prepared for labour, we all are because we are women. We were born for it! Get in to that hospital, lay down the law and push that kid out like a pro. (postive thinking)

Ah its not the same thing so, its not my back hurting.

Im 37 weeks, 3 weeks left thank feck :D

Ah il be fine during labour...have no choice, have a 5 year old so know what to expect...just horrible painfullness now is making me wince at the thought of it. Can I book myself in for an epidural now :D:D:D

Ha Ha easy knowing I'm on my 1st, positive think and all that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's not really a moan but good lord I can't wait to be able to eat something more substantial than carbs. I can't face anything more than potatoes (in all their forms), rice or bread. I'm wheat intolerant so I know I'll be paying for eating all this bread at some stage.

Lunch time is a killer. I never know what I want until I see it. Yesterday I wanted spring rolls !?! but ended up having yummy lentil soup (with some bread :() but some days it's just spelt crackers and humus.

For dinner last night I had some bolognaise that my OH made and some new potatoes. I actually can eat meat if it's like bolognaise or even sausages but put some chicken or beef infront of me and I'd gag and don't even talk about lamb. The smell alone kills me. Having said that I had terrible heart burn later last night after the bolognaise but it was worth it to be able to enjoy a dinner for the first time in weeks.

I find HB vanilla ice cream quite soothing on my tum at night time so I have a little of that sometimes but definitely don't want to make it a habit.

My tum is so bloated and it was definitely sticking out last night but I'd never eat this much carbs normally. Having said that I've lost a couple of pounds so go figure as they say!

Last night I had my first unbroken nights sleep in at least a week, yay! I woke up this morning feeling so rested it was lovely.

My boobs are growing at an alarming rate and the woman in M&S who fitted me for a new bra on Sunday said if I keep growing like this I'll be quite the busty lady by the end of the pregnancy.

Other than that just general tiredness, queasiness and occasional dizzy spells. I'm 8w4d today and just wishing away every day until 24th July.
    We've got our early scan on Saturday (fingers crossed etc) so if all goes well we're going to tell both our parents on Sunday.

Advertisement