Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

How strange -- i wouldn't worry about the ice cream on a regular basis. What to Expect recommends it as a good pregnancy snack! I know I ate a lot of it towards the end of my pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I pretty much demolished a whole tub of M&S Cornish Clotted Cream ice cream yesterday evening! OH wasn't impressed when he went to get some and no amount of 'but honey I'm pregnant' excuses would suffice!

My moan for today is about trying to sleep at night in the heat. I woke at 4 this morning and didn't get back to sleep until 7. I was up at one stage watching tv. Had to take the day off work as I'm so wrecked from the lack of sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

hacked wrote: »
    How strange -- i wouldn't worry about the ice cream on a regular basis. What to Expect recommends it as a good pregnancy snack! I know I ate a lot of it towards the end of my pregnancy.

Ben & Jerrys Cookie Dough was actually a regular thing for me during my pregnancy with Saoirse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

my mind is at rest thanks guys :D
    all i seem to want to eat is ice cream and or ice pops and i can eat them all day :)

edellc wrote: »
    my mind is at rest thanks guys :D
    all i seem to want to eat is ice cream and or ice pops and i can eat them all day :)

Yup, thats ok! I was so sick at some points I couldnt even drink water without puking. Icepops saved my life, as they kept me hydrated. If you can, try and get real fruit juice pops.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Went to the doc today with shooting pains in my left abdomen.. He found traces of blood and white cells in my urine so I was sent into the Rotunda.. Turns out I may have a urinary tract infection and they've put me on Amoxicillin and I have to go back to my GP tomorrow for more tests..

They also said my blood pressure is quite high so I have to go to back to the anti natal clinic in 4 weeks for a check up and they want me to attend my GP twice weekly in the meantime to monitor it :(

I got a scan though and the baby looks fine.. Playing happily in mammys belly :D so the day wasn't a total fiasco :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Yay for the scan!!!

Can you drink plenty of cranberry juice, helps keep my kidney infections at bay (Ive had 10 during this pregnancy)

Painfull though :( hot water bottle does help too!

glad your scan was good :D the stress of the infection is enough to raise the blood pressure
    make sure to drink plenty of water gallons of it i've had a couple of infections and have stopped drinking tea as i was also swollen in my fingers and ankles so now its just water water water and then some more water :D doesnt help with the peeing at nite :p but at least no pains due to infection

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been so quiet... I've been mostly sleeping! Had my scan on monday and met the stand-in Consultant cos mine is on hols till July 10th (Due July 7th) and he was an absolute dote. Mad about him. He could do whatever he wants to me and I won't care. And good news. Baby has turned, and of last monday was 3/5 engaged! Wohoo! Bricking it in case I go this weekend tho cos childcare is an issue all this weekend but I will be hard at the curry and walking and jiiggy jiggy from Monday on though! Feeling great other than tired. But it's a good tired and at least I CAN sleep now. Baby has dropped right down so I no longer have two little feet jammed into my diaphragm so I can breathe and sleep comfortably without getting the daylights kicked outta me.

I have been really enjoying having my little girl all to myself. Hubbys boss repented sort of and granted his leave so we are all off now. We are going to parent and toddler groups, spending time on the beach, visiting friends, gosh it is lovely. Yesterday I went to Penneys and got about 10 new tops to cover my belly! I feel like a new woman! Not much left to do now. Must get the haircolour and eyebrows tinted, and hire another staff member to cover the 7 weeks that the person I hired has suddenly decided they cant do (boo!). All grand otherwise though, beginning to chillax now and just can't wait to meet the little munchkin. Scan and potential sweep on Monday.

Das Kitty I had asked about what the procedure was if baby was still OP and they would have left it be. Its a longer harder delivery but my consultant only does a C-Sec if there is risk to my life or that of the baba and they are very strict on it. They just let you tough it out as long as it is going well. I had a 27 hr labour with my small lady and they said it couldn't be much tougher than that so I was happy enough to let it be if it hadn't turned. But it has! Yay! Sometimes the baby only turns when it starts to engage, thats possibly why it wasn't picked up sooner. Watch the bellybutton, in the last few weeks it should go flat, thats a sign baby is OA and facing your spine as it should. If bellybutton is curved then you might feel a little shin along one side of your stomach as I used to do. My little one turned this night week.... went to see the HotHouse Flowers live at the Coastal Rocks Festival in Ballyb, and threw the 2yr old up on my shoulders and started boogying for all I was worth. That did the trick!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Due on the 14th ..Baby hasnt engaged yet and my heartburn is worse than ever :(

God even reading what you have been up to has tired me out Target :eek:
    Maybe its coz i have an arse jammed under my ribs and cant lie down withour feeling sick resulting in no sleep..(Hating it when ppl make the joke and sure its just getting you used to it for when the baby comes ..Hahahaha NO!!) Not funny.. :(:(

Am back in hospital on 7th gona ask for a sweep..Dont think they will oblige but its worth a shot..Plus baby measured two weeks ahead size wise on the last scan so who knows..

• Advertisement

I was tellin my consultant about the crazy "no sweeps" policy in Holles Street that I've read about on here and she thought it was mad. She says always ask anyway but this "risk of introducing infection" theory is BS. Good luck with gettin yours.... plenty of horsey horsey and get that cervix thinning out in the meantime! I completely identify with havin a little bum under your diaphragm. My heart goes out to you! Things are good again today. Went shopping for loads of lovely chocolate biscuits and nice things to have in for the visitors when this little one lands on.... and sure if baby is late, well they might get eaten in the meantime! Making chicken skewers tonight and really don't feel like cooking, would sooner eat the skewers now than cook but Im glad that at least I feel like eating something!:D

please dont laugh but whats a sweep a girl asked about it at anti natal last week but mid wife didnt explain it just said they dont do it and felt stupid asking what it was so didnt.....
    sorry still new to all this with 6 wks to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

OK, it's only a little moan but I'm sooooo bloated. I swear if you stuck a pin in my the air would come whooshing out.

It's completely my own fault because I've been eating too much bread which always makes me bloated but I just seem to have gone off everything. I can't even face my usual breakfast of strawberries and yoghurt.

I'm also wrecked tired. Myself and my OH went into town on Saturday and did lots of walking around and I've been wrecked ever since. I was good for nothing on Sunday and I've been sleeping badly so I'm waking up tired.

My boobs are hhuuggee too! Although that isn't really a moan as I've never had big boobs before. However I'm going to a wedding in a week and I wanted to wear a dress I had from last year and it just about fits in the boob area so if I grow any more I'm not getting into that dress.

Oh the joys! :D

I am in labour! Wohoo!:D:D:D:D:D

OMG good luck hope all goes well and it doesnt take too long xxxxxx

OMG good luck hope all goes well and it doesnt take too long xxxxxx

contractions started at 8pm LAST NITE!!!!!

avg of 15 mins apart now tho so I'm getting places at last. My biggest problem is that I am timing and so on on an app on d hubbys iphone and he's humpy at having to hand it over to time them!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

goodluck target window! hows everyone doing i've 8 weeks to go starting to really feel the uncomfortable of big bump especially when carrying my 2 year old around! my lil princess getting excited seeing the baby stuff i took down from attic she keeps telling the baby to get out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good luck TW!

contractions started at 8pm LAST NITE!!!!!

avg of 15 mins apart now tho so I'm getting places at last. My biggest problem is that I am timing and so on on an app on d hubbys iphone and he's humpy at having to hand it over to time them!:D

8pm last nite thats over 24hours should you not be in hospital by now im new to this my first pregnancy 5 wks 2 days to go ****ting myself

in anti natal they said go when contractions are 5-10 mins apart lasting 45 seconds should you not get going :confused:

and hubby come on now if it werent for him you wouldnt be in this condition i think he can sacrifice his iphone for a few hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I am in labour! Wohoo!:D:D:D:D:D

oh good luck target!!!! can't wait to see pics of your little one.. we'll all be rooting for you!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hello everyone :)

First time poster here but long time lurker. Im 17+1 today on my first baby.

Is anyone else finding it hard to cope with weight gain? Im a big girl as it is and just find Im struggling not to be annoyed when I put on. Ive put on about 4lbs i think but i dread to think of whats to come. Ive been walking, swimming and eating fairly ok (I have been treating myself mind you! so as of today im stopping that)

I could do with loosing a few stone rather than gaining ..... just curious how everyone feels about this.

8pm last nite thats over 24hours should you not be in hospital by now im new to this my first pregnancy 5 wks 2 days to go ****ting myself

in anti natal they said go when contractions are 5-10 mins apart lasting 45 seconds should you not get going :confused:

and hubby come on now if it werent for him you wouldnt be in this condition i think he can sacrifice his iphone for a few hours :D

GOOD LUCK TARGET!!! Can't wait to hear back from you!

No, they really only want you in hospital when you are dilating and t here is definate stuff happening. I was in a slow labour for 4 days, started the 17th and she didnt arrive till the 21st. They didn't even want to see me in the delivery ward till the 20th...and even then it was technically the 21st as it was going on 1 am!

I went to the same antenatal classes. My contractions actually came on at 5 mins apart lasting 40 seconds...i skipped all the big breaks! I went straight in and was told that they really don't want to see you until contractions are like 3 minutes apart and you are having difficulty breathing! I guess they just say that in ante natal classes as most woman are first time mums and might be nervous. It's good to go in and get checked out at any rate!

Hello everyone :)

First time poster here but long time lurker. Im 17+1 today on my first baby.

Is anyone else finding it hard to cope with weight gain? Im a big girl as it is and just find Im struggling not to be annoyed when I put on. Ive put on about 4lbs i think but i dread to think of whats to come. Ive been walking, swimming and eating fairly ok (I have been treating myself mind you! so as of today im stopping that)

I could do with loosing a few stone rather than gaining ..... just curious how everyone feels about this.

Hey thinnyminnie,
    best of luck with everything i wouldnt say i was a big girl to start with but others would i was size 16 big hips, bum and thighs (damn my nannys genes :D) but did pile it on im now 35wks and put on about 2 stone with i think is fairly okay i did what your doing at the start walking, swimming and healthy eating but at the end of the day your going to gain no matter what you do. i dont drive so have to walk everywhere anyway which in this weather is a nightmare the old feet are starting to look like they belong to shrek :D

when i go to the hospital the doctor keeps telling me i should be on a diet :confused: which is easy for him to say and at the beginning i did feel guilty for being fat as they say and for trying to ignore cravings eventually came to conclusion this is the only time in my life when im not going to be watching my weight once baba is here i will walk, run and swim my ass off and going to try breast feed as it helps with weight i've also made my sisters promise that they will do women's mini marathon with me next year so that is a big incentive to loose it after all it takes 9 mths to put the weight on so it should take at least that to get it off and the extra i was carrying before hand too

its only now that the weight is an issue i roll in and out of bed like a whale and trying to get off the sofa is an effort in itself not to mention the half hour struggle to put my runners on (at least i break into a sweat and im classing that as exercise hehehe)

as long as you eat healthy and dont deprive yourself of a bit of chocolate every now and then after all a happy you is a happy baby :)

hacked wrote: »
    GOOD LUCK TARGET!!! Can't wait to hear back from you!

No, they really only want you in hospital when you are dilating and t here is definate stuff happening. I was in a slow labour for 4 days, started the 17th and she didnt arrive till the 21st. They didn't even want to see me in the delivery ward till the 20th...and even then it was technically the 21st as it was going on 1 am!

I went to the same antenatal classes. My contractions actually came on at 5 mins apart lasting 40 seconds...i skipped all the big breaks! I went straight in and was told that they really don't want to see you until contractions are like 3 minutes apart and you are having difficulty breathing! I guess they just say that in ante natal classes as most woman are first time mums and might be nervous. It's good to go in and get checked out at any rate!

Thank you so much for that im so worried at the minute the OH is off for the next two weeks and im on my own dreading it tbh really dont want him to go but we have no choice every little ache and pain is freaking me out just finished my hospital bag and have money for taxi so i know i should be calm but just dont want to have to do this on my own....but its nice to know that i can be at home for days in labour as that will give him time to get the hell home if necessary :)

Thank you so much for that im so worried at the minute the OH is off for the next two weeks and im on my own dreading it tbh really dont want him to go but we have no choice every little ache and pain is freaking me out just finished my hospital bag and have money for taxi so i know i should be calm but just dont want to have to do this on my own....but its nice to know that i can be at home for days in labour as that will give him time to get the hell home if necessary :)

Don't worry! I was the same. I had horrible pregnancy and was in and out of false labour the whole last trimester. It infuriated me at the time, but it is very true...when you are really going into the real deal you'll KNOW!

Just head into hospital whenever YOU feel like you need to. I was glad I went in at the 5-10 mins apart as it gave me the reassurance and confidence I needed as a first time mum.

Hope it goes well for you! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Not really a moan specifically related to pregnancy but my OH got made redundant on Monday :( It couldn't come at a worse time with No. 2 due at the end of August. I am a real worrier by nature and feel extremely upset and stressed which I know isn't good for me or the baby. Had awful pains yesterday evening and have been getting sick quite a bit.

We have meetings tomorrow with the bank and credit union to see if we can come to some kind of arrangement on our loans for a few months while OH tries to find another job.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

My moan of the day is worrying I'm 32 weeks and for the past 2 weeks have been itching like mad i put this down to my stomach stretching itching has spread to everywhere so said it to my gp on wed he took bloods to check my liver function and rang morning saying one of my liver enzymes is raised to come back down for a retest i did and should have the results this afternoon getting a little freaked now about pregnancy cholestis! So roll on the afternoon my head going into overdrive!!!!!!!!:(

Evening Ladies! Baby Harry was born at 4.28am on 7/7/10 weighing in at 7lbs and 13oz and just shot out of me no bother at all! Having said that GAS AND AIR ROCKS! Am currently uploading a pic so ye can all see my handsome little man! I will be back...:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wohoooo congrats :D:D so delighted for you!! xxx

Advertisement