Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Or equally when you say you are not breast feeding, Que the worse mother ever type speech,
    Just f off with your opinions!! I never asked you for it!!

Will have to try that tape lad, I'm in agony again with my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

we can't win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Is it really that bad to sleep on your back? I'm 6 months pregnant and have delightful round ligament pain on both sides at the moment and can't manage too long on either side. Back sleeping hasn't started being uncomfortable yet, it was the only bit of shuteye I got last night.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dolbert wrote: »
    Is it really that bad to sleep on your back? I'm 6 months pregnant and have delightful round ligament pain on both sides at the moment and can't manage too long on either side. Back sleeping hasn't started being uncomfortable yet, it was the only bit of shuteye I got last night.

No. Baby can press on a nerve or something - I got dizzy during a scan lying on my back, but you roll over and its grand again. My doc said to sleep whatever way you feel comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

My moan today is back pain :(!! Im 26 weeks pregnant and I am in bits with my back its literally unbearable , I cant even wear a bra at times cause its that sore :( anyone any helpful tips or solutions please :(

Have u tried a hot water bottle? It really helps.a friend suggested reflexology but I never got around to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

My moan today is back pain :(!! Im 26 weeks pregnant and I am in bits with my back its literally unbearable , I cant even wear a bra at times cause its that sore :( anyone any helpful tips or solutions please :(

Have u tried a hot water bottle? It really helps.a friend suggested reflexology but I never got around to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

I'm fed up being pregnant, fed up of my MIL ringing every day to see if there's any sign, fed up with people telling me I'm massive, fed up with people telling me it'll fly in, fed up not sleeping, fed up with my husband annoying me.

Just fairly fed up with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Today is an odd day. It's my day off, so I didn't get out of bed all day (it began as a lie in to avoid feeling nauseous). So I feel really good because I haven't felt sick all day and ate actual food...but I feel really crap because it's after 7pm and I'm still in bed, in pjs, such a loser :( I can't win!

your entitled to it!I had one of those days,I did get up but only do I could watch b tv on the couch in my pj's! :D

bobskii wrote: »
    your entitled to it!I had one of those days,I did get up but only do I could watch b tv on the couch in my pj's! :D

I got up, put on clothes (sad achievement lol), ate something, put a load in the washing machine and the drier, sure that's practically a days work! :pac:

• Advertisement

the way I see it is soon enough you'll have a baby to look after all day everyday so if I feel like having a duvet day and it's possible then I'm gonna do it :P

bobskii wrote: »
    the way I see it is soon enough you'll have a baby to look after all day everyday so if I feel like having a duvet day and it's possible then I'm gonna do it :P

That is actually my theory, going to enjoy lazy days while we can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Pelvic pain sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I'm due on Saturday and my bellybutton is sore today. Owwwie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Due on Thursday. Bump feels like it could explode. I have great difficulty leaning forward to eat at the table. Have to hold the plate/bowl right up to my mouth practically! One fork/one food meals the way to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

I was starving at 5am and had a bowl of dry cereal and broke my tooth which needed filling anyway but now it needs a much bigger job.

I can't shift this stupid cold.

My belly is itchy, I've nearly scratched it raw, nothing seems to help.

I am SO sick of being hungry! Every two blimmin' hours right on cue, I get hungry. I am sick of trying to find things I want to eat, and having to force feed myself whilst at the same time being starving. I have to carry snacks around with me, at work, to bed :(

If anyone had said to me I could eat every 2 hours and actually be losing weight I would've thought they had discovered true happiness, but this is a joke, and not fun at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

There's a woman walking around the shop I work in for the last 25 minutes with some horribly smelly food in her bag and it's making me want to vomit. Buy something or GTFO!

Edit: It gets worse, she was waiting for one of the other girls in the shop to give said smelly food to her for lunch. Unfortunately the other girl has already eaten so the food is sitting on the table for the evening now til 6pm when she goes home :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Fagashlil wrote: »
    I was starving at 5am and had a bowl of dry cereal and broke my tooth which needed filling anyway but now it needs a much bigger job.

I can't shift this stupid cold.

My belly is itchy, I've nearly scratched it raw, nothing seems to help.

Putting something cold on it can often help. An ice pack or such. It slows down the blood flow enough to ease off the itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

I have this weird groin pain when i walk - almost 38 weeks. God almighty am starting to walk like an old lady. I don't remember anything like this on the last one!! Anyone got the same?

• Advertisement

I have this weird groin pain when i walk - almost 38 weeks. God almighty am starting to walk like an old lady. I don't remember anything like this on the last one!! Anyone got the same?

I can no longer walk any distance without discomfort! Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Anyone else having sore joints? My knees, feet and now knuckles ache! Neither feet nor ankles are swollen, just achy. I am also feeling more stiff and turning in bed is v difficult now. My hips ache after being on one side too long. All a very recent development. The reduction in exercise may be part of it. Was swimming til the weekend but have stopped as thought it too close to due date - tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

73trix wrote: »
    I can no longer walk any distance without discomfort! Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Anyone else having sore joints? My knees, feet and now knuckles ache! Neither feet nor ankles are swollen, just achy. I am also feeling more stiff and turning in bed is v difficult now. My hips ache after being on one side too long. All a very recent development. The reduction in exercise may be part of it. Was swimming til the weekend but have stopped as thought it too close to due date - tomorrow!

I feel your pain! My little bundle is two months old today and for the last few weeks of my pregnancy my joints were in bits, particularly my hands. Like you I swam up until the end, it's great for keeping you supple and active so if you still feel up for it don't just stop because you're due, I found the pool great. Very best of luck with everything, it's such an exciting time xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Dolbert wrote: »

I asked about this in antenatal classes and was told that it was absolutely fine for as long as I was comfortable. So I slept comfortably on my back right up until 41 weeks!

It's a sad state of affairs when two fish fingers and a small plate of oven chips feels like a HUGE dinner :( I can't eat my usual normal sized meals at all, instead I am hungry every two hours for little bits. It's very difficult to come up with things to eat every 2 hours, and to want to eat that often.

I am however constantly grateful that I am not very nauseous and not vomiting at all. Having a D&V bug two weeks ago makes me happy to just be able to eat meals at all.

oh my good god leg cramps!!!I forgot how bloody awful these are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

yeah, i think the pains are down to lack of exercise. Had started swimming coz found i wasn't up for running anymore but then gave myself a bad cut with a sharp knife last week - cut half my nail and some of my nail bed off - yuck - so had to stay away from the pool till that heals a bit. Will hopefully get back to it next week when i start maternity leave.

Leg cramps suck. Thankfully have had none of those this time around but i got them a good bit the last time. Horrible!!

yeah, i think the pains are down to lack of exercise. Had started swimming coz found i wasn't up for running anymore but then gave myself a bad cut with a sharp knife last week - cut half my nail and some of my nail bed off - yuck - so had to stay away from the pool till that heals a bit. Will hopefully get back to it next week when i start maternity leave.

Leg cramps suck. Thankfully have had none of those this time around but i got them a good bit the last time. Horrible!!

Had leg cramp a for a couple weeks. Awful. They stopped after a couple of weeks but I used to make an effort to stretch before bedtime and used pillows more to elevate my legs and maybe that helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

First night of majorly swollen feet after wearing (low!) heels to a school event. I am in so much pain. Also realised I need both feet under me getting out of the car in heels now after I lost my balance completely on one foot earlier!

I've done some stretches tonight before bed so hopefully they stay away tonight . mirrorwall I get swollen feet from standing at work all day in flats .its horrible . don't think I'd manage high heels at All now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Big Moan Alert: Everything hurts, fingers, toes etc, all from the fluid and swelling. My pelvis has become very sore, even climbing over the bath to have a shower causes me pain now. Still horribly disappointed that the induction couldn't go ahead this week. My OH is heading back to work Sunday evening so crossing everything that baby doesn't make a surprise appearance then because he could miss it. Back in Holles St today for more monitoring, such an exhausting load of crap planning my week around hospital appointments. Sick of it all now!

Advertisement