Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

these braxton hicks are killing me! Every evening they strike but are consistantly getting worse :( I get really bad menstrual like cramps with them too so it makes moving around excruciating! I'm 34 weeks now so I know the end is in sight but I'm starting to wonder if I'll handle labour at all considering I'm such a wuss with these, and this is my second pregnancy!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

I'm now overdue, looking less likely to have the birth I wanted. And my legs are so itchy I look sunburnt from the scratching. And I can't sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Not a moan but just wanted to update as promised on me telling my parents, mainly my mum, because I got great support here.

As predicted by some of you and my hubby, she took it pretty well :o She said she was very surprised, but "you are 30 in fairness" :pac: She has been great since, very helpful with advice and plans for next year when I go back to work and stuff (that's hoping that all goes well with my 12 week scan next week). She seems pretty annoyed that I didn't suffer from horrendous morning sickness like her, I got off very lightly it seems!

I do have a moan for today though, I am back to being starving, STARVING! Have to eat every couple of hours, it's very dull. Luckily I'm craving fruit, something I never eat, so I'm probably just eating an normal person's amount of fruit servings.

Waiting for this scan is painfully boring and drawn out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Not a moan but just wanted to update as promised on me telling my parents, mainly my mum, because I got great support here.

As predicted by some of you and my hubby, she took it pretty well :o She said she was very surprised, but "you are 30 in fairness" :pac: She has been great since, very helpful with advice and plans for next year when I go back to work and stuff (that's hoping that all goes well with my 12 week scan next week). She seems pretty annoyed that I didn't suffer from horrendous morning sickness like her, I got off very lightly it seems!

I do have a moan for today though, I am back to being starving, STARVING! Have to eat every couple of hours, it's very dull. Luckily I'm craving fruit, something I never eat, so I'm probably just eating an normal person's amount of fruit servings.

Aww spottybananas I am delighted it all went so well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Brilliant, I'm delighted!!! My mam keeps sending me ridiculous names as her way of being supportive!!

With you on waiting for the scan, feels like Monday will never come!

• Advertisement

My mum is being her super organised self and helping me on the practicalities, mainly involving going back to work, as I'm self employed. She's a legend :) I think I was just channelling my anxiety about all of this into telling her and other people. I went to tell one of my closest friends a few days ago and was nearly sick with nerves and thinking of bailing on telling her, but I don't see her often so really wanted to do it in person. Once I had told her the relief flooded over me, I'm more worked up about telling people than actually going through it lol!

We can wait and be impatient for Monday together :) Is your scan morning or afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My mum is being her super organised self and helping me on the practicalities, mainly involving going back to work, as I'm self employed. She's a legend :) I think I was just channelling my anxiety about all of this into telling her and other people. I went to tell one of my closest friends a few days ago and was nearly sick with nerves and thinking of bailing on telling her, but I don't see her often so really wanted to do it in person. Once I had told her the relief flooded over me, I'm more worked up about telling people than actually going through it lol!

We can wait and be impatient for Monday together :) Is your scan morning or afternoon?

Ah that's great, mams can be pretty amazing at times - I suppose to balance out the times we want to kill them!!

Monday at 4.30 - you? My moan for today is not being able to eat as much without getting horribly full. We went to Jamie's Italian for dinner, I couldn't finish it and still feel like I'm going to explode!

Mine's at 9.30am, thank God, will all be over so early!

I can't eat as much either, have to eat little and often. Beats being nauseous/vomiting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh my aching hips! I find if I don't sleep well every ache and pain is worse. But the aches and pains stop me sleeping. It's a vicious circle!

Delighted to hear your news went down well spottyb. It's nerve wrecking telling people isn't it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Laid up in bed today with really bad ligament/muscle pain in my lower abdomen. In the last few days it feels like baby has moved and/or grown, my bump is a completely different shape! I rang the hospital who weren't too concerned, basically just told me it was likely to be due to stretching and to rest up, have a warm bath and to take paracetamol. I never realised how much discomfort a normal pregnancy could cause!

• Advertisement

That's a crap vicious circle Whispered!

Why am I waking up all through the night already? Fair enough if it was always for loo trips or because I was uncomfortable, but I'm not, I just wake up like it's morning and have to lie there :(

Have a banging headache this morning, I can't breathe through my nose so struggling on all night makes it feel like I drank a bottle of wine last night, ugh.

Me again :(

This headache is killing me. I took Panadol earlier on but they didn't do a thing, normally when I get one of these headaches (which isn't often) I take Nurofen once or twice in the day, so Panadol might as well be Smarties.

I'm trying to drink water but I'm not too inclined to want to drink much these days, which probably led to this headache, but I've to force down anything other than milk.

Has anyone any tips on anything that might help? I still have a lot of work to do today :(

Me again :(

This headache is killing me. I took Panadol earlier on but they didn't do a thing, normally when I get one of these headaches (which isn't often) I take Nurofen once or twice in the day, so Panadol might as well be Smarties.

I'm trying to drink water but I'm not too inclined to want to drink much these days, which probably led to this headache, but I've to force down anything other than milk.

Has anyone any tips on anything that might help? I still have a lot of work to do today :(

It's awful isn't it. Especially when your initial reaction is to grab the neurofen. I rarely get headaches but in the last week have been getting dull aches. I definitely reckon it's from dehydration. We need so much more extra water now (or so I read). And I was struggling to get 2 litres a day so trying very hard to increase that.
    Maybe get a lucozade sport the one with all the extra electrolytes and it might help. Good luck.

Blingy wrote: »
    It's awful isn't it. Especially when your initial reaction is to grab the neurofen. I rarely get headaches but in the last week have been getting dull aches. I definitely reckon it's from dehydration. We need so much more extra water now (or so I read). And I was struggling to get 2 litres a day so trying very hard to increase that.
    Maybe get a lucozade sport the one with all the extra electrolytes and it might help. Good luck.

2 litres...wow I'm getting nowhere near that, including water intake in food.

Can't get lucozade or anything, stuck in work for the afternoon. Time to force feed myself some water I guess! Really wish I wasn't gone off my usual staple drink of a million cups of tea a day...

2 litres...wow I'm getting nowhere near that, including water intake in food.

Can't get lucozade or anything, stuck in work for the afternoon. Time to force feed myself some water I guess! Really wish I wasn't gone off my usual staple drink of a million cups of tea a day...

I think the minimum now should be 2 litres (I could be wrong) but the more the better considering all the work that's going on inside us. However there could be another explanation for the headache - stress, a blocked up digestive tract!, or just hormones !!!

The thoughts of drinking anything other than milk makes me queasy, and only a tiny amount. I feel how you feel if you're hungover and somebody offers you another alcoholic drink, UGH! *sick face*

I've to put my dogs into kennels for a week. Dropping them up in ten minutes. I used to work in the kennels, I know they will be looked after. I know they have fun. I've never given it a second thought before. So why have I been upset over it for the past hour. Worse case scenarios running through my head. What if they somehow escape and run away, what if they are stolen, what if they miss me. I'm regretting booking a holiday now and it's ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

oh whispered ya poor thing id be the same,I do put off going away so I don't have to leave mine.
    go enjoy your holiday your doggies will be fine they have each other and will be well looked after and will have a relaxed owner when you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Whispered just think of it as they are going on their holiday, they will have a ball and be well minded :) enjoy yourself and don't worry

Thanks. I know it's silly :) they are happy to go up and I know the guy who runs the place minds them well. Ive never even worried about them before going to the kennels. Hormones and lack of proper sleep Id say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

A week overdue today, and thoroughly fed up waiting. Ended up in the Coombe Sunday night in agony, babys head is pressing on my sacrum causing all kinds of pain. On the plus side discovered pethidine to be marvellous! Although bizarrely because I've had pethidine ante-natal, I've been transferred from the domino scheme, as they can only use pethidine during labour, even the midwife finds it very strange! Due to be induced on Monday, completely not the kind of birth I'd hoped for, and the doctor mentioned instrumental delivery and possible section, but I was still fairly out of it, and hubby hadn't come in to me yet, so i, fairly confused about the whole thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Fagashlil wrote: »
    A week overdue today, and thoroughly fed up waiting. Ended up in the Coombe Sunday night in agony, babys head is pressing on my sacrum causing all kinds of pain. On the plus side discovered pethidine to be marvellous! Although bizarrely because I've had pethidine ante-natal, I've been transferred from the domino scheme, as they can only use pethidine during labour, even the midwife finds it very strange! Due to be induced on Monday, completely not the kind of birth I'd hoped for, and the doctor mentioned instrumental delivery and possible section, but I was still fairly out of it, and hubby hadn't come in to me yet, so i, fairly confused about the whole thing now.

Best of luck with your induction, I had mine 11 days over and all they had to do was break my waters and I was on my way so hope things go quickly for you! And yes the miracle that is labour related drugs...I'd recommend the epidural all day long😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm so unbelievably tired and sore. I think he's flipped over coz he's now kicking me in the stomach. Threw up twice today, not sure if its that or heartburn coz the zantac doesn't seem to work anymore. My back is killing me, so are my hips, I've got literally a semicircle of pain running from one hip bone, under the bump and back up the other side. I ended up teaching sitting down today because I literally couldn't stand at the blackboard.

Its only the 26th week, what in the name of God is this going to be like in two months time??!

I keep having awful nightmares and waking up multiple times, scared, sweating, its horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My lower back is in agony & I'm only 16 weeks:(
    I sailed through my last pregnancy, only for my bump I felt completely normal, this one I seem to be getting every bad symptom :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm sick of being constantly nauseous :( This was supposed to go away and not come back like it did. At least I haven't thrown up today I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I was up all night last night . finally got to bed tonight fell asleep at ten and was woke at 10.25 by my flipping neighbours letting off fireworks grrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thrush! Worst I've ever had by a mile- driving me mental! Got some canestan cream today and hoping the doctor will give me something miraculous when I go on Tuesday or I may actually go insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Thumpette wrote: »
    Thrush! Worst I've ever had by a mile- driving me mental! Got some canestan cream today and hoping the doctor will give me something miraculous when I go on Tuesday or I may actually go insane!

You can get a stronger cream from doctor on prescription if it isn't better. Eat lots of natural yoghurt. Avoid yeast and wear loose clothing.
    It is such a horrible thing to get, literally a scratch you cannot itch.

• Advertisement

Bloating, burping, hunger, nausea, gah! :(

Advertisement