Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

not showing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

harryd.jpg

Da Daaaa!

Awww he's gorgeous! The little outfit on him and all haha! Awww :D

Just as an aside, that carseat annoys me because you need the base for it to fit the car!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

He's a little dote Target Widow.. Congrats :D XX

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

He is so beautiful! Congratulations darling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

He is lovely...I love his tiny hands...he is making me broody again (smccarrick watch out!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

OMG he is so handsome congratulations and well done hope all is going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Well done target.. welcome to the world baby Harry :) he's so gorgeous!!! i love the outfit..such a wee man!:D
    And i know what ypu mean about the gas and air... :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Congrats tw - he's beautiful, gorgeous name too.

Well done you :)

• Advertisement

Ok back to moaning I'm afraid.. I think I may have
    hemmoroids
    :o

TMI upcoming
    I moved my bowels earlier and there was a considerable amount of blood when I wiped..
    :(

My heart nearly stopped but on further inspection I discovered it was definately coming from the 'kitchen door'.. I looked it up and apparently it's very common in the 3rd trimester but I'm only 18 + 2 today..

Has this happened to anyone at my stage, or at all during pregnancy??

Thanks girls :o

xzanti wrote: »
    Ok back to moaning I'm afraid.. I think I may have
    hemmoroids
    :o

TMI upcoming
    I moved my bowels earlier and there was a considerable amount of blood when I wiped..
    :(

My heart nearly stopped but on further inspection I discovered it was definately coming from the 'kitchen door'.. I looked it up and apparently it's very common in the 3rd trimester but I'm only 18 + 2 today..

Has this happened to anyone at my stage, or at all during pregnancy??

Thanks girls :o
    I had them too in the second trimester onwards...how are you otherwise? Hugs!

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I had them too in the second trimester onwards...how are you otherwise? Hugs!

So it's not just me.. thank God.. I'm fine otherwise :) been feeling tiny little movements but they're few and far between.. Can't wait till they get strong enough for us both to feel..

Going shopping for baby stuff with my mother and sister on Sunday :D very exciting.. All I've bought so far are a few little outfits.. I'm going to start getting all the 'big' things in now.. Can't wait to start doing up the Nursery (aka the spare room) ;)

Just hope this complaint doesn't get any worse :eek: I've been so lucky so far with regards symptoms..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I like moaning and am very good at it and now i get to join again;)

xzanti - shopping for baby stuff is so much fun:)

I have started looking at everyones double buggies when we are out:)

Moonbeam wrote: »

Well done yummy mummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Xzanti Im 17 weeks and had the exact same thing the day before yesterday. Was due to have a check up with the doc anyway so said it to him yesterday. He had a look (morto) and said it wasn't haemeroids but a fissure apparently. The things you learn when you're pregnant. Anyway he just suggested a fibre supplement and said to make sure Im drinking enough water etc and it should go away.

Thank you Sillysocks :D I feel much better now :p had a feeling it was something to do with my lack of fibre.. I've been eating really poorly lately.. Been pigging out on loads of bold stuff :o :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

No probs..... yeah was a bit concerned when I saw so much blood (sorry TMI) but doc didnt seem worried. Morto going but just decided by the time the 9 months are up I'll probably be so used to people looking at every part of me!

Yeah the eating thing is hard, had sickness until week 16 and not a vegetable or fruit passed my lips, every time I tried I was sick. Still haven't really caught up yet but starting to try a bit harder.

Morto going but just decided by the time the 9 months are up I'll probably be so used to people looking at every part of me!

You're dead right, I was half thinking of going to the Doc but I'm happy enough that it's what you described.. I will mention it in my next appointment though just to be on the safe side.. hasn't happened since the other night TG :)

Thanks again.

Today's moan:

The very very very end of my back (my little tail bone thingy) is killing me when I'm sitting at my desk :( when I try to shift around it hurts even more..

Is this a normal pregnancy complaint or is my work seat just a piece of sh1t??

• Advertisement

Today's moan:

The very very very end of my back (my little tail bone thingy) is killing me when I'm sitting at my desk :( when I try to shift around it hurts even more..

Well I was the same - lots of cushions are a great idea...that and thinking of the end result! Hugs from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

12 weeks tomorrow....yay!! :D

My only small moan is farting. OMG, I don't know where they come from and it's really bad at night time. I have to laugh at the ferocity of some of them but it's damn embarrassing if you're in public because these aren't the kind of farts you can control. TMI, sorry!

Moonbeam wrote: »

Congratulationsss :D

I should really get out of the pregnancy forum before everyone thinks I'm pregnant again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Congratulationsss :D

I should really get out of the pregnancy forum before everyone thinks I'm pregnant again :o

Ditto Adrieanne! I think I will mosey on over to the parenting thread and start a new mammy's moan thread so that we can go on about stitches and engorgement etc!:D

This is where I say my goodbyes for now ladies. Hopefully I should be back in about a year or so all going according to plan.

I trust that I can pass the baton on to those of you currently here and that you in turn will pass it on when your time comes. It's been a great 6mths and has kept me (relatively) sane since Christmas.

Thank you all for your loving candour!

Cheerio.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Ditto Adrieanne! I think I will mosey on over to the parenting thread and start a new mammy's moan thread so that we can go on about stitches and engorgement etc!:D

This is where I say my goodbyes for now ladies. Hopefully I should be back in about a year or so all going according to plan.

I trust that I can pass the baton on to those of you currently here and that you in turn will pass it on when your time comes. It's been a great 6mths and has kept me (relatively) sane since Christmas.

Thank you all for your loving candour!

Cheerio.:D

Awww Target ,Thanks for all your help..Hope baby Harry is doing well ..
    Hopefully my induction will go fast on Thursday and this time next week i will have my little one in my arms :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Today's moan:

Could be to do with the piles. I got these in my second trimester. I couldn't sit for 3 or 4 days with the blasted things and turning over in the bed was torture. Someone gave me a great suggestion for more fibre in my diet to relive them a bit - linseeds. I put them on my weetabix every morning and it made a world of difference. They didn't go away, but the pain did.

Oh, and keep an emergency bottle of prune juice in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

my moan today is that my partner is wrecking my head regarding our babies last name...basically we are not married and i want both of our surnames on his birth cert but my partner is very adamant that he does not want this that he just wants his name on the birth cert
    i have tried and tried to explain to him that although on the birth cert it will be a double barrelled name that in practice it will be my partners name that the child will go by
    my partner is now behaving like a child saying that he now wishes we didnt get pregnant and that he might as well disown our son all this and i only have 3wks and 5 days to go i am seriously pissed off and upset by this
    we are together 11 years and i never ever thought that a simple thing like a name could cause so much trouble but however strongly he feels about it i feel equally as strong
    i really dont know what to do but i refuse to back down because if he can now say the **** above then what happens if he does walk out on me and baby and i have the tricky thing of having to change the child's last name by de-pole
    grrrrrrrrrrrrr why is he being so pig headed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

@ edellec, sorry to hear you and your partner are having a disagreement, hopefully you can sort it out before the baby arrives. I have a friend who gave her children her surname as a middle name, would that be an acceptable compromise for you?

My moan is that I am sooo tired and lazy today. I got up at stupid o'clock to drop the husband to work, went straight back to bed and didn't make it to the shower until 2pm. He won't be back until tomorrow morning so I'm on my own and there is no incetive to do anything. I also feel slightly guilty for complaining as I know my husband would much prefer to be lying around in bed than working 30 hours straight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

edellc wrote: »
    my moan today is that my partner is wrecking my head regarding our babies last name...basically we are not married and i want both of our surnames on his birth cert but my partner is very adamant that he does not want this that he just wants his name on the birth cert
    i have tried and tried to explain to him that although on the birth cert it will be a double barrelled name that in practice it will be my partners name that the child will go by
    my partner is now behaving like a child saying that he now wishes we didnt get pregnant and that he might as well disown our son all this and i only have 3wks and 5 days to go i am seriously pissed off and upset by this
    we are together 11 years and i never ever thought that a simple thing like a name could cause so much trouble but however strongly he feels about it i feel equally as strong
    i really dont know what to do but i refuse to back down because if he can now say the **** above then what happens if he does walk out on me and baby and i have the tricky thing of having to change the child's last name by de-pole
    grrrrrrrrrrrrr why is he being so pig headed

At the start i told my bf we would use his surname..I then decided i want to put my name on aswell and use it the same as yourself (My name on the birth cert aswell but his name only on everything else..)Your boyf needs to see this as a reasonable request .. i can see where hes coming from but at the end of the day its easier to get a name removed from it than put on the birth cert..Hopefully he will come around to the idea of it all..
    Fingers crossed for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Agree completely, I know some one in a situation where both her children have her ex's surname and not hers.

The hassle it will cause to add her name is unbelievable. Even though it's her own children and she is the sole guardian.

Minimum both names on the birth cert, your name first and one person in the citizens advice center advised not to use a hyphen between both surnames.

Advertisement