Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Oh I forgot about my skin looking like a 15 year olds, and if I'm not currently puking I'm burping. Gross

I'm really hoping my pelvic injury doesn't return this time round. I felt like an old lady at 30 weeks, couldn't bend, or get out of the car.

If anyone sees me around the trying to concieve forum in two years direct me back here please!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

I look like and I quote 'like I have shingles' on my face. I'm actually flaking on my keyboard as I type, attractive!! :mad:

My OH is one of 7, and wants about 5 kids :eek: Whole new level of respect for his mother!

I can't imagine how tiring it would be running around after other kids, I work long hours but at least I can go to bed/couch when I get in! (After mandatory bathroom dash)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I had much worse morning sickness this time than last time. No puking but CONSTANTLY feeling like I needed to puke. I actually wanted to get sick just to have some relief.
    And it is harder with another child, because you can't just take it easy and curl up into a ball.
    So glad that's finished now.
    For me, it's the awful pain in my pelvic joints that is very difficult this time round. It takes me a couple of minutes to get out of a chair (and I'm only 23 weeks, it's not like it's the size of the bump that's causing it). It's ok if I'm moving but once I stop it's very sore!

This is a hateful hateful thing to have to endure. I got SPD as early as 8 weeks last time and it was horrible. Thankfully it went as soon as the baby was born though which was an enormous relief. So far (10+3 now) I haven't had it yet although I do feel the odd niggle from time to time.
    Digs wrote: »
    Have you been to the doctor about your pelvis, sorry if that's an obvious question! A physiotherapist referal should be able to offer a small bit of relief, the earlier the better and there are belts and things that can help.

I had terrible spd (pelvic girdle pain) on my last pregnancy to the point I ended up on crutches. The sound of my pelvis popping when I turned in bed I think will stay with me and my husband! Really really hoping I don't get it or at least as severe this time, it really is bloody awful!!

I got referred to physio in the Coombe (made sure it was put down as an urgent referral although that still took longer than I was happy with and was just about to get it done privately when I got my appointment) and it helped a lot. It gave techniques for sitting and standing, getting in and out of bed, shoes that helped and those to avoid. The belts they gave were also great. I got the navy one for the earlier part of my pregnancy and moved to the larger white one as the bump grew and I needed more back support in addition to the pelvic and hip support.
    I asked the gyny about it, he said "Oh there's nothing you can do, just take your time getting up". I might push him on it the next time.

Push him on it. If you're waiting for a public physio appointment you could be left waiting a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I asked the gyny about it, he said "Oh there's nothing you can do, just take your time getting up". I might push him on it the next time.

Definitely push him on it. The latest midwife I've been to said I could be referred to physio if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Selfish moan but we would of been casual drinkers before I got pregnant(say a bottle of wine each at the weekend) but now I'm pregnant, I thought hubby would cut down but I'm upstairs getting the toddler asleep while he's downstairs drinking with our friends. I know I'm irritable at the minute but I'm finding him so loud and obnoxious, really can't stand drinking when I'm sober.

/moan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

javagal wrote: »
    Selfish moan but we would of been casual drinkers before I got pregnant(say a bottle of wine each at the weekend) but now I'm pregnant, I thought hubby would cut down but I'm upstairs getting the toddler asleep while he's downstairs drinking with our friends. I know I'm irritable at the minute but I'm finding him so loud and obnoxious, really can't stand drinking when I'm sober.

/moan

Even not pregnant I have to be at leaat as drunk as my partner to even tolerate him!

Was so sure I had gone into labour. Intense, strong contractions 15 mins apart. Right around to my back and right down to my knees. My toddler woke with sore toofies and not so much as a stab this half hour!

Related to that, I'm 5 months gone and I can't believe that NOBODY has asked me if I miss being able to have a drink. Not any friends, family, not my husband (who is drinking tonight).

Yet, when everyone was having a shot earlier he did ask if I wanted one.

Surely, at some point over Christmas someone will ask me if I'd like to be able to have a glass or two (or three). I've already looked up some non alcoholic red wine so I can have a glass of mulled wine. Does anyone know if there's such a thing as non alcoholic brandy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

You can get brandy flavoured drink but I've only ever seen it online from the USA so not sure if it would get here by post with the new no-liquid-by-airmail rules. There are some nice alcohol free beers out there. Paulner is my favourite. And Natureo red wine isn't too bad either. You can buy alcohol free stout online too. Ha, spot the non drinker over here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

How common is it to get an itchy rash all over at 23 week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Dellnum wrote: »
    How common is it to get an itchy rash all over at 23 week?

Sounds early but it could be choleostasis? Go to your GP if it persists as I think they'll monitor you and your baby as it can cause premature labour.

Has anyone else gotten varicose veins in pregnancy? I have them in one leg and they are just throbbing today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I'm totally ready for this first trimester to be over. I've puked 3 times today, haven't been able to keep anything down at all. I've the worst cold, sinus pain , cough, lost my voice and now an ear infection. My little boy just wants to run around and play and I can barely stand upright.

I really thought first trimester during winter would be better than the summer 40 degrees one.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

yellow hen wrote: »

Has anyone else gotten varicose veins in pregnancy? I have them in one leg and they are just throbbing today :(

Me!!! I have three on my thigh and they're so bloody ugly and itchy. Most of the weight I've put on (2 stone at 29 weeks) seems to have gone onto my legs so I also have cellulite and chunky thighs too. Sigh, feeling very sorry for myself today. Roll on February

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

yellow hen wrote: »
    Sounds early but it could be choleostasis? Go to your GP if it persists as I think they'll monitor you and your baby as it can cause premature labour.

I got one in my bits last time round, you've reminded me of the sheer horror of it, that was a fun one to relay to the doctor, not!

Clinging on until Christmas holidays... I don't recognise the wrecked hag I'm seeing in the mirror these days, bleugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Digs wrote: »
    I got one in my bits last time round, you've reminded me of the sheer horror of it, that was a fun one to relay to the doctor, not!

Clinging on until Christmas holidays... I don't recognise the wrecked hag I'm seeing in the mirror these days, bleugh.

I am 10+6. Have another scan tomorrow and hopefully it will be good news. If so I will breath out a little as it will be further than we got with the last pregnancy.
    That said OMG my boobs are killing me. Its like they're in some sort of race to get bigger and more painful. :( My nausea is odd, it was almost constant for the last while but since Friday I've been throwing up. I throw up once in the morning now and then thats it for the day.
    Actually getting sick on Friday ended up being quite funny. My 14 month old girl had just gotten up and I was about to change her nappy (thankfully it was just a wet one) and I knew I was going to throw up and didn't have time to make it to the bathroom.
    So I grabbed her from the changing unit and put her on the floor in all her glory, grabbed the bin and vomitted.
    She got really upset, I suppose it was noisy and she had never seen anything like this before.
    For the rest of the day though she would grab anything that resembled a bin and stand over it pretending to retch into it. :D

The tiredness is still something else. I'm on the count down to Christmas holidays too. My last day at work is Dec 22nd and I'm not back until January 5th. Bliss.

Penny that's pretty much my routine! Although my daughter has gone from being very concerned about me and rubbing my back to finding vomiting hilarious - had to use the kitchen sink this morning last minute and you'd think she'd never seen anything as funny. Poor Mammy!!

Fingers crossed for your scan, will be great to breath a sigh of relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Am I being a little unreasonable if I complain that my maternity winter coat still seems to completely hide my bump at 23 weeks? It's the only warm coat that fits me, but it's making it more difficult for me to get a seat on public transport because it hides a multitude!

Am I being a little unreasonable if I complain that my maternity winter coat still seems to completely hide my bump at 23 weeks? It's the only warm coat that fits me, but it's making it more difficult for me to get a seat on public transport because it hides a multitude!

Nope! Very valid complaint!

Do you bus train or luas? I get the luas from dundrum in the mornings and have noticed from observing other pregnant women people nearly tie themselves in knots to avoid eye contact with them so they won't have to give up their seat. School boys being major culprits!

I'm going to have to start getting the bus soon, the luas is very pregnancy unfriendly in rush hour, squished on and no seats, although if you're feeling queasy you can make a quick exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Northern line in London. I travel cattle class :pac: People are desperate lately for pretending to be asleep in the priority seats when there's a sign right over their heads reminding them to give up that seat for the disabled/pregnant/elderly.

Northern line in London. I travel cattle class :pac: People are desperate lately for pretending to be asleep in the priority seats when there's a sign right over their heads reminding them to give up that seat for the disabled/pregnant/elderly.

Cattle class - ha :D

These people deserve a swift boot to the shins!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Piles! I'm only 10 weeks and they have started already :-(

The jeans that would zip up for me yesterday laughed at me today when I tried. I'm too big for most of my regular clothes and too small for my maternity clothes.

I have a class to teach in 5mins and I'm feeling super yucky. I wanna go home.... *Sigh* Only another 1.5 hours to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Restless legs and the beginning of the Xmas rush at work are my moans for the day!! As well as my 10 month old thinking it's great to wake up at 4.30/ 5am for the day.

All in all its exhausting. And this is the easy part..eeek roll on February

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Rogueish wrote: »
    Piles! I'm only 10 weeks and they have started already :-(

The jeans that would zip up for me yesterday laughed at me today when I tried. I'm too big for most of my regular clothes and too small for my maternity clothes.

I have a class to teach in 5mins and I'm feeling super yucky. I wanna go home.... *Sigh* Only another 1.5 hours to go.

XL leggings, XXL tights and skirts with elasticated waistbands are your friends

You would have that problem regardless. I've come to the conclusion that everyone, everywhere in every country are uselss for getting up to give a pregnant woman their seat. It's coz of smart phones! They honestly don't see you. You just have to be bolshie, unzip the jacket, stick the bump in their face and ask for the seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ah, last night I got the first nosebleed of this pregnancy.
    I was really hoping that was a symptom I wouldn't get this time round! :)

Stupid awful horrible vivid dreams that I can't talk to anyone about :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Are they about other men by any chance????

Lol, no. Nothing as fun as that. More stuff like the house being on fire and me trying to get out with my 2 year old, looking to my left and seeing that I've drank nearly a whole bottle of wine and then realising 'wait a minute, I'm pregnant!' and my naval bar being somehow ripped out yet still intact, and bleeding from more holes than I actually have.

The 'bottle of wine' one was almost lucid, I remember being distraught and then telling myself "No, it's okay. This is a dream" before contradicting myself it couldn't be a dream if I knew it was a dream. Or some such dream (non) logic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Aw god that sucks! I've had weird dreams too, including my brother being a murderer and me not being all that surprised!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

The 'bottle of wine' one was almost lucid, I remember being distraught and then telling myself "No, it's okay. This is a dream" before contradicting myself it couldn't be a dream if I knew it was a dream. Or some such dream (non) logic!

I find this bit so funny. I have been having many similar discussions with myself while dreaming over the last few months. I've always had vivid dreams, but this type of thing has become much more prominent in pregnancy.

Funny, people complain about not sleeping while pregnant. I sleep a lot, but because of the dreams I am having (involving lots of situations where I am trying to work out something complicated and decide what to do!) it's never a restful sleep. You just can't win!

• Advertisement

I'm only 18 weeks and sleep is already gone to sh!te. Only catching a few hours a night maybe 3 or 4 broken ones. Everything about my bed is annoying me if that makes any sense.
    Seem to continuously have a head cold as well. As soon as one goes, another one comes.

And what other moans.....oh yeah I decided to be good and cycle to work today and now it feels like I've pulled a muscle near my groin. I know this is just because of the fact that all ligaments etc are looser and more prone to injury during pregnancy. But you're meant to try and stay active.....you're damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Advertisement