Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

well he gets home tomorrow so im going to have a go at another chat about it, it just seems every time i try talk about it he just shuts down and yells at me i know he is thrilled about having a boy and was disappointed that i didnt want to give my baby his name as is his family tradition but i feel each child is an individual and deserves their own identity so wants our child to have his last name which he will but its a fifty fifty partnership and this baby is as much mine as he is his
    i just presumed that it would be both our names on the birth cert
    as the other poster said its easier to take a name off a birth cert than add one and also if my bf can be so childish as to say he is disowning our child if i put my name as a surname then who is to say he wont walk out the door if it gets too hard then im left with a child with a different surname to me and i do not want that to happen i love my partner so so much but refuse to be bullied into this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Stand you ground, don't let him away with this one. I know you would be venerable when pregnant and don't want any hassle but this could be the 1st in a line of things to come.

You are being fair in saying that the child will be known as his second name. Only he and maybe his family will know your name is on the birth cert. You have to ask yourself why is this sooooo important to him?

My moan for today is at 30 weeks I feel like I have morning sickness again. i have a wolf like sence of smell and everything upsets my stomach.....not fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

Weighed myself this morning and I've gained 7 pounds since start of pregnancy. I'm only 11+4!

Looked up my book and it said normal weight gain for first trimester is 1-5 pounds so I'm well over. Feel really ashamed and worried that I may be doing my little one harm, but I felt so hungry the past few weeks that i thought by eating it would be the best thing for me and baby... guess i was wrong.

Must start going for walks and eating more fruits and veggies

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Herbertgirl, don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone is different, and it depends a lot on if you were underweight, overweight or healthy weight at the begginning of your pregnancy, some people will lose wait because of sickness, some people need to eat more to keep sickness at bay, etc. As for doing harm to your little one worrying will do no good, it is more about what you ate, but the little one is probably getting all it needs.
    It is likely that your second trimester will be easier to keep control on your appetite with less sickness, tiredness, etc.
    Speak to your GP about it for reassurance, and if you still have a big appetite and need to keep an eye on it, just make sure you always have good healthy not too sugary snacks at hand. Often we munch on the wrong things because they are the handiest and quickest to get our hands on!! (I have a very sweet tooth, I know what I am talking about ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

Thanks littlemissfixit... I have a check up with doctor tonight so will mention it to her, but seems from what I've been reading online that it's not a big deal.

I just have to cut out on the sugary snacks as you suggested. Going to go to Tesco on my lunch break and pick up some healthier snacks to have to hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Aargh! My baby is going to have to go into childcare at about 8 weeks (I'm a PhD student). I went to tour the college childcare centre today and it's lovely but they have a 12-18 month waiting list. How can a baby room have a waiting list that long? All the private creches are at least twice as expensive.

Sciatica is killing me. By 11 am in work I am hobbling around. I have a doctors app on Tuesday, what treatment can I ask for. I have tried swimming / yoga / tonic water / paracetamol....... everything.

Have to stay in work, OH is not working at the mo. At 32 weeks I have to get through the next 6 weeks in work and I have to be on my feet for atleast 8 hours per day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It's official.. I'm crazy!!!

I spun myself into a panic yesterday over nothing.. I turned 20 weeks yesterday \o/ and decided to have a browse on some of those 'what to expect' websites, as I have been through all of my stages..

All of them were telling me that my "Fundal Height" should be up to my belly button... Nope, mine is still soft, only the bottom of my belly feels hard.. Worried about this all day until the OH asked me what was wrong.. When I told him he started to panic aswel so we decided to take a little spin into the Rotunda..

I asked at Reception if I could just have a quick word with one of the Midwives for 5 minutes about my concerns but of course you can't do that.. They had to get my chart, check me in, assess me and then wait to see the Doctor..

I didn't get home to bed til 2AM and I'm absolutely shattered as is my OH..

All is fine and my measurments are spot on and baby is grand.. and I'm now banned from those websites by the OH :o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm 13w 5d now! My waist is definitely thicker and I'm in my 'fat' jeans now. I just hope I'll get the summer out of my work clothes and will start buying winter maternity clothes. My real moan is heartburn. Mother of god it's just unreal. It starts first thing after breakfast, gets worse if I'm hungry and is there all day. I find the bus ride home with the mondello style of Dublin bus drivers tearing over the ramps at high speed just finishes me off. Oh well I know I just have to get used to it because it's here for another 6 months!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

. My real moan is heartburn. Mother of god it's just unreal. It starts first thing after breakfast, gets worse if I'm hungry and is there all day

It's horrible isn't it :o I'd love to know where my little one got hold of a flame thrower.. Holy mother of God it's unreal :(:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm only 5 weeks plus 4 days and have just had my first bout of over emotionalness (I know not a word). Work with someone who grates on my nerves normally, but today he just went to far, I snapped the head off him. I think he's scared of me now. Will need to avoid him for the next 9 months. Other than that tiredness and heartburn, pretty much since as soon as this little baba attached on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I'm only 5 weeks plus 4 days and have just had my first bout of over emotionalness (I know not a word). Work with someone who grates on my nerves normally, but today he just went to far, I snapped the head off him. I think he's scared of me now. Will need to avoid him for the next 9 months. Other than that tiredness and heartburn, pretty much since as soon as this little baba attached on.
    Am thrilled that you are pregnant - wishing you and your bump all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Thanks Cathy, doing my best to stay healthy, a very wanted baba :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

barbiegirl wrote: »
    but today he just went to far, I snapped the head off him. I think he's scared of me now.
    Loving it :D And you can always blame the pregnancy to a degree. He'll know not to f**k with you.

=-=

Bored, so googled heartburn. Seems a lot of people swear that heading a banana helps (otassium neutralizes the acidic levels in your esophagus :confused:). Some people also swear by oranges or small glasses of milk. I agree that chewing gum can help stop an acidic stomach, but meh, I find drinking cool water also helps.

But I'm a dude, so the above is what I've read on the interweb. Talk to your doc about the above. If I were in your shoes, I'd talk to a female doctor or chemist-person that has kids: more of a chance that she a tried and tested anti-heartburn remedy, having used their knowledge of their profession to help them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I should have bougth shares in Galviscon if I had know how much of it I would go through on both my pregnancys and it seems a lot of women are the same.

I've found bananas do help as do yoghurts like yoplait. This week my fav are orange and melon and hazelnut. I find glenisk ones which I used to love just too acidic. A glass of milk can be a life saver at times. I hate galviscon; it makes me gag. If I'm feeling particularly sorry for myself then a bag of red hula hoops are just the thing but that's a rare treat otherwise I'll be the size of a house in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

On my forth pregnancy now and have a moan. So you can't smoke during pregnancy (obviously) and thats fair enough (shouldn't be doing it either way but if your a smoker i'm sure its a pain to stop when your pregnant) and we cant have an ould pinot grigio anymore either...ok prob not a good idea for baby to be trollied at such a delicate age so thats fair enough. The pate prawns smoked salmon and brie all gone out the window along with the 99's. Grand....I'll get over that even though everyone else on the beach is having one..... But all day I have been listening to sky news reporting about overweight pregnant women!??? So the one time in a womans life when she can have a multi pack of meanies or a jam donut without feeling guilty and now they are trying to take it away from us!! Well they can feck off. I'll lose the extra stone or four after the baby. Now pass the tayto please....

Foxy 06, do you mean 99s as in ice cream cones. They are now one of my 5-a-day!

Had some brie too only once, but don't smoke and haven't had a drink in 31 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Yeah ice cream from the machines apparently have hig levels of listeria? (correct me if I'm wrong) Think brie if cooked is supposed to be ok but not 100%. Deep fried brie with raspberry coulis..mmmmmm....

Yep that's exactly what I had, brie with coulis...... not much left in the world after soft cheese when your vegi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Spinach

Girls it's up to everyone themselves, but the brie that you'd get in the supermarket would be made from pasteurised milk, so I don't really see a big difference to hard cheeses. I have the impression that the cautions about soft cheeses relate to artisan-type raw milk cheeses. But supermarket brands, once you have kept it properly in the fridge and everything - well I haven't denied myself, to be honest.

Actually earlier in my pregnancy I was eating loads of extra dairy products, I think my body was craving the calcium, and then someone told me if you have this, it's a sign of a girl, whereas if you're eating loads of extra salty stuff it's a boy... Not that I put much store by these things.

Ah since we're in the moan thread, I'll just throw in the heartburn thing again.... aaaaargh! :p Oh and also getting little emotional wobblies right at the end now (38+5). I suppose I have got off lightly up to now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Spinach wrote: »
    Girls it's up to everyone themselves, but the brie that you'd get in the supermarket would be made from pasteurised milk, so I don't really see a big difference to hard cheeses.

Not necessarily in Ireland (it is in the US where I am). If you look at the labels in Superquinn you see they mark everything expilcitly as pasteurised or unpasteurised when they repackage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shaylee

I would just love a drink on this bank holiday weekend. I feel so bored and forgotten about. I just wanna feel human again. I love pregnancy but hate it when you have a bad day like this where you feel like you are a boring old fart that waddles back and forth to the toilet..

I wish this tiredness would just go as well. I am just having such a crap day. :(

Had that yesterday, spent the day in agony waddling around work for 11 hours. Made it in the door, into the bath and off to bed for 8pm, got up at 3pm to day.......Feel great now......have to work tomorrow.

it's true even if you did just have one drink, you'd probably be in the loo 3 times during one glass and then get so tired you'd have to be carried home. Oh well. By St. Patrick's day next year you'll be back on form, yeah?

Yea I am due on the 2nd of December. This is my 3rd and my youngest is 14 months old so I am just wrecked. I look forward to 8pm as that is bed time for the kids so I can just flake out..

Its terrible though feeling like this.. Now that sleep you had sounds lovely.. I think if I was let sleep for as long as I wanted I would sleep until I was due.. lol...

The bladder thing is something you forget about. I was up at 6am bursting and other times it can be 4 or 5am.. You actually get pains in your tummy. I promised myself I would savour every moment of this pregnancy as I love it.. I seem to be so moody lately and was always just emotional on my others.. Oh well.. I shall be better tomorrow..

Thanks for letting me rant.. It really helps.. x :)

Well if I had a 14 month old as well I would really be stuck. Can bearly handle work, let alone any other commitments. I don't know how you do it.

It is hard work but when they are your own and you have a routine it is very manageable... My eldest is 6 so we wanted a close age gap this time. It happened a lot quicker than expected though. I woke up in agony last night. I have SPD.. Its getting worse. My pelvis is very sore when I walk.. Oh the joys. This will be my last baby (I think lol) so I will just suck it up and enjoy it...

Best of Luck with you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bmmck

this thing of drinking plenty of water is killing me I cant get enough of it into me and im having a pee every 5 mins, I could go to the loo about 5 times in half an hour after drinking 1 glass of water, im only 11 weeks and iv had enough of the nausea, constant peeing, not sleeping, heartburn, not eating, how someone can do this more than once is beyond me this is my first and my last!!!!!

lol bmmck I said that after my first as well.. 4 years later and I was mad for another, leaving the hospital after having her and was all mad to go again (crazy or what) Got my BFP when she was 10 months old.. .. These bloody broody hormones lol...

• Advertisement

bmmck, I'm 14w2d now and believe me once you get over the 12w mark things start to improve. I was getting so fed up of all those symptoms too and then on my 13w I realised the queasiness, nausea and extreme tiredness was gone and I now feel miles better.

I know what you mean. People kept saying to me that I must be so excited etc but honestly I was drained and fed up. For the last week or more I'm glad to say I feel human again.

The heartburn, headaches and constant peeing are a pain but I have energy again! I'm actually starting to feel excited now because I feel better in myself.

Hopefully it will be the same for you soon.

Advertisement