Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Immy wrote: »
    Self employed people are entitled to state maternity, as long as you have the relevant credits in the relevant time frame you will qualify.

I dont have the relevant credits in the relevant time frame. Believe me, I have checked it out. I somehow managed to time things exactly wrong.

(Could be worse, could have had to fork out 30k on IVF)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

fits wrote: »
    I dont have the relevant credits in the relevant time frame. Believe me, I have checked it out. I somehow managed to time things exactly wrong.

(Could be worse, could have had to fork out 30k on IVF)

That's really unfortunate. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I walked 7km between train stations yesterday on my way home yesterday to try 'walk a cold out of my system'* and now my hips feel like they are about to fall apart.

*I don't think that's even a thing.

7 km? I dont think I could actually do that to save my life at the moment.

I'm only 18 weeks at the mo, so probably a bit bouncier than you if you're further forward. Don't think I will be doing it again though - ouch!

• Advertisement

I'm 23, but twins! Look 8months preggers at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭duedate

Ah fits, sorry for language but that is pure sh*t that you are not entitled to anything.......jeez but this country is really not child/family friendly in a lot of ways shur it's not?

Fair play for still somehow remaining positive, not sure I would be. You rock :)

As for walking 7kms? Not a hope, 3 or 4kms max and that takes me SOOOOOOO much longer than it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

duedate wrote: »
    Ah fits, sorry for language but that is pure sh*t that you are not entitled to anything.......jeez but this country is really not child/family friendly in a lot of ways shur it's not?

Self employed people can choose what PRSI class and therefore what level of PRSI they pay. So if someone chooses to pay the lowest level of PRSI they are entitled to less benefits. They can choose to pay more PRSI and get maternity benefit. So it's not really the 'country's' fault.

Self employed people can choose what PRSI class and therefore what level of PRSI they pay. So if someone chooses to pay the lowest level of PRSI they are entitled to less benefits. They can choose to pay more PRSI and get maternity benefit. So it's not really the 'country's' fault.

Thats not really whats at issue here either. I left Ireland in 2012 cos I couldnt get work and so dont have tax contributions in Ireland or another EU country for the relevant tax years. I just moved back this year, but dont have enough contributions built up to be entitled to any benefits.

In fairness, I could have sat around on the dole but I didnt, and I had made many years of PRSI contributions before I left. So the country could do a little better for returning emigrants like me. Im sure I am not the only one in this position.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

I don't think they can. There is talk at the moment about introducing such a system but at the moment self employed people and company directors pay PRSI at class S. Which does entitle them to maternity benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

My moan for today is SPD... I also have a back problem (Spondylolethesis) that's being exasperated by the pregnancy and SPD. Too much walking yesterday has meant I can't sleep and I've been watching infomercials and Euro news since 5 this morning!

So glad it's Saturday!

Oh I also went back on this thread to posts (moans!) I made 7 years ago on my last pregnancy! Very entertaining! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

WOW SO glad to find this. I just want to moan today. Preg on my 3rd and my back is in bits. I feel like i'm going to
    break in two. Sitting at work and just feel so sore and uncomfortable and only 23 weeks gone. I don tknow how
    I am going to make it to the end. Energy levels are minus 100, feel like sh**e

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

WOW SO glad to find this. I just want to moan today. Preg on my 3rd and my back is in bits. I feel like i'm going to
    break in two. Sitting at work and just feel so sore and uncomfortable and only 23 weeks gone. I don tknow how
    I am going to make it to the end. Energy levels are minus 100, feel like sh**e

Can you swing an hour to yourself this evening for a bath/bed early/cry(!) ?

This is how I'll be needing to get to and from my morning train this week. Feel like I have absolutely exploded outwards. Because I have & it's weirdly uncomfortable to get used to!

01e81fed9e7752fa5247170ef379dc9c.jpg

It's a lovely, close, sweaty day to be pregnant. #notonebitbitter

Hope you got a spot of chill out time crossbeauty and your back isn't at you as much

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

Had an early night (8pm) had to be done. Feeling a tad better today and not as grumpy that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I would just like to say that I may kill the next person who asks me 'are you sure there's only one in there'. What a stupid thing to say to an already emotional and self conscious pregnant person.

It's just so bloody HOT today #hotandhugeandnotinagoodway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

xalot wrote: »
    I would just like to say that I may kill the next person who asks me 'are you sure there's only one in there'. What a stupid thing to say to an already emotional and self conscious pregnant person.

yeah, that's really annoying! and some really mean it as a hint and others are really daft and think it makes a great joke.
    I had family telling me how much bigger I got in 2 weeks and I said "a bit, but not that much", and in reply I got - "oh, no, it's really huuuge!"
    agh, thanks. :mad:

I'd been doing great up til week 25, then I got SPD, now the fibroid started degenerating causing huge pain. I went into hospital and all they could suggest was paracetamol :(
    I travelled to visit family and my ankles swelled up something huge, so was quite worried. Thankfully seems to have gone down a little, so hopefully not pre-eclampsia or anything like that... Just can't wait for the pregnancy to end at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

What is with all the darn burping!!:O A whole hour at 4am this morning, I think I can out do a cow!! Add that to the heat, humidity, leg cramp and bad back and I'm not in the best frame of mind, even after a cold shower I was sweating five mins later, and shaving my legs is like I've run a marathon! Have also resigned myself to the highly attractive pregnancy legging yoga pants things - goes with the stiff back waddle I suppose!, my maternity jeans cut me in half if I sit down! 7 weeks or so left!:rolleyes:

I'm fed up xalot too of the omg you're huuuge comments, even had myself googling pictures of other 33 weekers just to compare, I don't think I'm that huge! Although have kind of gone flabby and a bit porky as was fit last year as did 2hrs everyday with the dogs up the mountains, but as soon as I got pregnant my asthma has been really bad and that's been with me doing no exercise at all since February as don't want to overdo the ventolin, lots of hiking to do next year to get fit again! - sigh!! - will all be worth it though!:) At least my butt has stayed a size 14 - the only part of me that has!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

yeah, googled bumps my age too. It's not that comforting though tbh, it really ranges from the super slim to much bigger, so no "normal" comparison really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

Thought I was the only one googling comparison bumps! I've a huge bump and have gained almost 20lb at 29 weeks....but it's all bump. And I'm sick of people asking 'not long to go now?' And looking surprised when I say not til November! Some rude lady commented the other day that I was the size of a house! my hubby said baby must be so big he'll walk out holding his leaving cert results. And yet, I'm not even wearing maternity clothes!!! I still fit in my normal leggings and the few looser tops I had before I got pregnant! Grrrr!

hi all, I dont know why but I've been quite down & cranky since the weekend. Was awake most of the night last night, just could not get comfortable so like a weasel today now. Honestly feel as if my bump has just arrived in the last 3 days, feel slow & awkward and now worried about how much bigger I'm going to get in the next 13 weeks :(
    I know I'm lucky to be pregnant, I know (very deep down at the moment) that we'll manage it somehow but just can't shake these feelings of self doubt & that I'm not organised/wont be able for this.
    Someone tell me to cop on please & remind me of the good things!
    Poor hubby doesn't know what to do with/say to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

hi all, I dont know why but I've been quite down & cranky since the weekend. Was awake most of the night last night, just could not get comfortable so like a weasel today now. Honestly feel as if my bump has just arrived in the last 3 days, feel slow & awkward and now worried about how much bigger I'm going to get in the next 13 weeks :(
    I know I'm lucky to be pregnant, I know (very deep down at the moment) that we'll manage it somehow but just can't shake these feelings of self doubt & that I'm not organised/wont be able for this.
    Someone tell me to cop on please & remind me of the good things!
    Poor hubby doesn't know what to do with/say to me :(

Due date I feel the exact same, I'm 27 weeks now too and the last few days have been a nightmare, suddenly this bump appeared and is making me awkward and clumsy. I haven't been sleeping great and feeling all over the place, I'm either moody or angry or crying also panicking we have so much to do.... but what I did notice (and even if you look back at the older threads) it seem to hit between 26 - 30 weeks... then I think you go into full flight mode and focus on the count down... you will get through this and it is okay to have some bad days xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Queueing in holles Street to get my file, what eejit designed the system so that there are only enough chairs for 7 people to sit and the rest of the queue is standing leaving people to stand for half an hour.the queue goes all the way to the top of the corridor! Nightmare!

Im also really panicky about how disorganised we are. As for the bump??? well....its mad to think how big Im going to get.

greenttc wrote: »
    Queueing in holles Street to get my file, what eejit designed the system so that there are only enough chairs for 7 people to sit and the rest of the queue is standing leaving people to stand for half an hour.the queue goes all the way to the top of the corridor! Nightmare!

What????? I dont think Id be able for a standing queue.. Thats madness.

Oh,sorry for repost!!!

Thanks Stickybean, hopefully you're right & once I get another few weeks down the line I will get over this 'phase'.
    I'm not doing my antenatal class (a full day rather than spread out) until October so I think I'm feeling just a bit clueless & disorganised while I'm 'waiting' for that. I need to write down the random questions that come to me in the middle of the night when I'm wide awake & ask at the midwife clinic next time I'm in.

I also kind of feel like my brain can't think of anything else other than baby (or myself!).......need a distraction. Maybe I need to watch a sad movie & have a bit of a cry? A good cry always makes me sleep.....

That's a pain re having to queue - is this your (green in my case) folder with all your notes? We have to bring that ourselves/we have ownership of it for all appointments, maybe you're talking about a different one? Either way, painful having to queue!

• Advertisement

Thanks Stickybean, hopefully you're right & once I get another few weeks down the line I will get over this 'phase'.
    I'm not doing my antenatal class (a full day rather than spread out) until October so I think I'm feeling just a bit clueless & disorganised while I'm 'waiting' for that. I need to write down the random questions that come to me in the middle of the night when I'm wide awake & ask at the midwife clinic next time I'm in.

I also kind of feel like my brain can't think of anything else other than baby (or myself!).......need a distraction. Maybe I need to watch a sad movie & have a bit of a cry? A good cry always makes me sleep.....

That's a pain re having to queue - is this your (green in my case) folder with all your notes? We have to bring that ourselves/we have ownership of it for all appointments, maybe you're talking about a different one? Either way, painful having to queue!

Yep the green folder I am Not sure how it works but today I got to bring it home every other time they took it off me. Even if you have your folder you still have to register at the desk it seems. Maybe today was unusual in that there was a queue! Everyone had the same idea if being half an hour early but they didn't open the desk.in the end a midwife came out and told the desk to open when she saw the queue!!

Advertisement