Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Isn't it funny how friends forget you when you are pregnant?

I am really feeling like none of them are making an effort. I haven't seen or heard much from them in the last month. I know they are at different stages of their lives, I just thought they would have made more of an effort. feeling really disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

stickybean wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how friends forget you when you are pregnant?

I am really feeling like none of them are making an effort. I haven't seen or heard much from them in the last month. I know they are at different stages of their lives, I just thought they would have made more of an effort. feeling really disappointed.

Yep, it's not nice.
    I'd heard of it happening alright, but feeling it a bit now. Just little things that I know aren't deliberate and probably my own fault for letting everyone know how tired I am, but I don't get invited to the pub, that kinda thing.
    Probably my own fault because I dont organise nights now either, but thats cos I usually go home early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I hear ya stickybean...

We've a whatsapp group chat and I am completely lost on what's going on. I'm honestly not able for nights out but it seems all plans / gossip etc is discussed at length on those nights. I get short glimpses of what's going on in their lives. Of course I get the how are you feeling messages but like I don't even want to tell them as I feel all I do is moan about SPD or tiredness / sickness and that I'm boring them so I just say Yes, I'm fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I'm getting so sick of being told what I can and cannot do. I spent the weekend with extended family, and ended up snapping a few times with the constant "DONT LIFT THAT" (a shopping bag with bread and milk and tea :rolleyes: ) and
    "STOP RUNNING" (from the house to the car)

Seriously everyone, I know what I should and shouldnt be doing, and if ye don't back off, ye wont be seeing much of me for the next five months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

god yeah! That really peeves me off. All of a sudden people go from minding their own business to feeling the need to tell you what you can and cannot do or eat.
    Some have been really precious about me down the the most minutiae of details, pointing out every single floor unevenness so I don't slip or trip (I know it's meant kindly, but it's quite tedious tbh), not letting me carry any kind of bags, even the lightest of things. (PS: until I got SPD, I was going to kettlebells classes without any issues!)
    I had family telling me I cannot have x/y to eat, when I feel it would be fine (I've researched it enough myself), questioning "and what are all those pills you're taking?" (like seriously back off, paracetamol, iron and folic acid, hardly some dodgy drugs), and things like oh yes, and of course you cannot drink, or you shouldn't drink at the mention of wine or beer (I'm not drinking, but I've had a sip of someone else's beer to taste and have had a half glass of wine at weddings, hardly drinking myself silly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

My moan today: The traffic was so bad this morning my bus wasn't coming so I took a 15 minute walk (uphill) to the luas and then couldn't get on! In the end I squashed on to one luas (and stood all the way of course), then another 15 minute walk from luas to job. By the time I got in the sweat was pouring off me and I just want to go home. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

That weird dichotomy between really, really wanting to feel the baby move because you want to know that they're ok and kind of wishing you had a window you could look in at them through and, on the other hand, not really loving this feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Omg miss flit worth you are so right! What's all this crap about flutters or bubbles or butterflies?! It feels like I have a slithery snake inside me that's twisting and turning and flopping around and it's freaky as hell! I like the kicks but I hate the movement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ha! It does take some getting used to. I think I will probably miss it when they arrive. :)

The 'butterflies' thing has been making me laugh a lot :) maybe that is what other people feel but my baby is doing big snakey slithers around the place! Was at a talk about snakes the other day and someone was showing a video of a snake slithering through mud and it gave me a warm glowy 'awww, baby!' feeling :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Ahhh I wish I could feel something, I would put up with belly snakes just to have some feeling. Every now and again I think something might be movement but then I think I am just trying to turn intestinal gas into a baby kick I am that desperate! Almost 21 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I hated the movements, ugh, massive thuds, kicks to organs and rolls that made me nauseous and could startle the crap out of me. The first flutters are so cute and misleading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I hated the movements, ugh, massive thuds, kicks to organs and rolls that made me nauseous and could startle the crap out of me. The first flutters are so cute and misleading :D

Yeah I really don't think I will enjoy it at all but you always want what you don't have eh?

I'm close enough to where you are greenttc & I'm only 100% sure that it's belly snake activity and not my dinner over the last 3 days. Fingers crossed for lots of 'wtf is that, baby!' movement for you asap

Ha ha!! My Movement experience so far went like this:
    1. Is that the baby or gas?? Wish it was bigger so I knew for sure
    2. Aw look at my belly jump, love this so much
    3. Stop kicking me in the bladder

Beanybabog wrote: »
    3. Stop kicking me in the bladder

Or BABY A changes positions and Im like I need to pee right noww!!!!

Yeah the movement was definitely weird at the start.

I actually love all the rolling and kicking. Only a couple of times where it was unpleasant, and maybe a few times where it hits some nerve near the bladder where it feels like it could set off peeing but thankfully those kegels are paying off so far.
    Noticed today how high up my belly actually is! it feels like the bump is sticking out at right angles right below ribcage and does a full square/semi-circle, so weird looking... 33 weeks now!

Gatica wrote: »
    Noticed today how high up my belly actually is! it feels like the bump is sticking out at right angles right below ribcage and does a full square/semi-circle, so weird looking... 33 weeks now!

My boobs rest on my bump, which rests on my legs when Im sitting up straight. :D

fits wrote: »
    My boobs rest on my bump, which rests on my legs when Im sitting up straight. :D

I wish. Mine have barely changed size :(

Gatica wrote: »
    I wish. Mine have barely changed size :(

That's not a bad thing! I was very grateful I never had to buy bigger bras!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

Moan of the day: lack of sleep....between sore achy hips, heartburn, needing to pee and bubs having a great time kicking during the night I just can't sleep! I wake up at 2am and that's it...am awake for the night. Can't even have a decent moan about it because all I hear is it'll be worse when baby arrives! Agh!!!!! 😡😡😡

Sorry to hear you are getting so little sleep. I have been awake since 5, and went at 12, and got up twice. But I will nap during the day, so not feeling too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

Thanks Fits....it's just so annoying knowing how wrecked I'll be by the end of the day if I don't sleep! 10 weeks to go....hopefully it won't stay like this for the full 10 weeks!

Dizzy bee wrote: »
    Moan of the day: lack of sleep....between sore achy hips, heartburn, needing to pee and bubs having a great time kicking during the night I just can't sleep! I wake up at 2am and that's it...am awake for the night. Can't even have a decent moan about it because all I hear is it'll be worse when baby arrives! Agh!!!!! 😡😡😡

Haven't had a good night sleep in ages too. Last night I tossed and turned so much the husband got me my own blanket because i kept pulling it off him! Up to wee about 8 times, finally fell asleep about 4am only to be up at 7 for work :(

Dizzy bee wrote: »

There is nothing more patronising that when people say that.... "You think it's bad now, wait until the baby is here" "ooh you have no idea what what sleep deprivation is until you actually have the baby" SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!

You know there is a big difference in being so uncomfortable that you want to sleep and can't and then getting up for work on top of it, than waking up through the night to nuture your newborn baby and then (if it's your first at least! ) being able to sleep when they do! Plus most babies are sleeping through by 6 weeks!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Love2love wrote: »
    There is nothing more patronising that when people say that.... "You think it's bad now, wait until the baby is here" "ooh you have no idea what what sleep deprivation is until you actually have the baby" SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!

You know there is a big difference in being so uncomfortable that you want to sleep and can't and then getting up for work on top of it, than waking up through the night to nuture your newborn baby and then (if it's your first at least! ) being able to sleep when they do! Plus most babies are sleeping through by 6 weeks!

Maybe yours did, but mine and many I know didn't for months or years after that. :P

Neyite wrote: »
    Maybe yours did, but mine and many I know didn't for months or years after that. :P

Ha! :o I had one that did and one that didn't.. Unfortunately for me the one that slept came first so it set a precedent in my mind. Then when my little girl was born, I felt really hard done by! :D But still, I didn't mind so much as I did when I was sleep deprived when I was pregnant. I always found that night time feeding with my baby to be so precious!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Love2love wrote: »
    Plus most babies are sleeping through by 6 weeks!

Ha ha ha, that's hilarious!!! ....and so not true!!

Ok maybe I need to clarify...

Sleeping through is consider 6/7 hours straight.

Or maybe I was just lucky!

• Advertisement

My 17 month old wakes every 1-3hrs, since birth. You were lucky!!

Advertisement