Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Idk how you ladies are coping. I'm 25 weeks and have started getting bad pain at what I assume is the back of my pelvis. Walking hurts, 'moving positions hurts, changing my foot from the accelerator to the brake hurts

And I'm really worried about how the next 15 weeks are going to go. The baby only weighs 1.5lbs now, so how much worse is this going to get as the baby grows and my bump rapidly expands going into the third trimester? I'm not even finished the second trimester yet ��

I am the exact same as you although i get a lot of pain in the fron of my pelvis too. Using the clutch is awful, turning in bed, putting on trousers or socks standing up... All so painful!

I went to a physio like someone else said i didnt wait for my next maternity appointemnt i jsut went to one myself. The physio was like some kind of magician and eased the pain so so much, i didnt expect it to be that good. I was also given a serola belt, i actually had another belt bought but the serola one is miles better. They also gave me a spiky massage ball to use on my legs and bum and back as they never really needed to touch my pelvis at all the problems were all elsewhere but all connected to the pelvis.

Let me know if you want to know the physio i went to in south dublin, i woud defo recommend them. Nobody tells you about all these pains and aches before you are pregnant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Green I am in Ranelagh so a south dub recommendation would be hugely appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Insomnia and itching. Ugh. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

So so massive and heavy and awkward. Wuh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Leg cramps :mad:
    In other pregnancies I'd get them in my calves which was bad enough, now they've moved and I'm getting them much worse in my ankles and down my shins - which I've never even heard of. To try stop them I have to point my toe down but if I do that then I end up with my calf cramping. Was pacing around the bedroom 3 times last night with them, very annoying!

• Advertisement

Are you eating bananas sillysocks? I seem to be getting fewer since having a banana a day.

Im getting restless legs. I know I have an iron deficiency but it seems to be taking a while to resolve itself with supplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

The last few nights my back is killing me, lower back, it feels like I'm arching it too much when I'm asleep even though I have a pillow under my hips to stop me doing this. I'm only a few weeks gone :o I'll be crippled at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Good: looking at all the nice baby stuff you can buy
    Bad: Paying for all the nice baby stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jasmine_16

cbyrd wrote: »
    The last few nights my back is killing me, lower back, it feels like I'm arching it too much when I'm asleep even though I have a pillow under my hips to stop me doing this. I'm only a few weeks gone :o I'll be crippled at this rate.

Have you bought a body pillow ? Its a worth while investment for the duration of the pregnancy. I bought one in Lidl recently, it's already paid for itself. How far along are you?

Does anyone know if you can take any antibacterial lozenges? Such as strepsils etc? I woke up and felt like my airways were closing up. I'm reluctant to go to the doc for an antibiotic, I'm not long off them for cystitis. Which seems to be always threatening me in the background. Not a full blown case, but that wretched feeling you get when one might appear.

Chips are most definitely down, feel like a right moan today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

sillysocks wrote: »
    Leg cramps :mad:
    In other pregnancies I'd get them in my calves which was bad enough, now they've moved and I'm getting them much worse in my ankles and down my shins - which I've never even heard of. To try stop them I have to point my toe down but if I do that then I end up with my calf cramping. Was pacing around the bedroom 3 times last night with them, very annoying!

Having the exact same issue. Kind of at the side of leg down to ankle, can't figure out what way to move foot to try and relieve them, end up dragging foot club foot like to the cold tiles in the bathroom which does help. Have got them in both legs simultaneously which meant I could not even get out of bed.

As soon as I sit down in the evening I start getting the restless/jumpy legs.

What I have found helps me a huge amount is rolling my feet, one at a time, on a massage ball (if you don't have them a hard tennis ball, hockey etc will do). This video is similar, but I just do one foot at a time, and I really dig in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4mtC7za0XA

We did it at my pregnancy pilates class and I've found when I do it myself before bedtime it does help. I also foam roll my calves, and glutes before bed. And the final stretch I do is from my pregnancy yoga class The reclined hamstring stretch.

http://greatist.com/move/restorative-yoga-workout

I spend less than 10 minutes in total doing these before beds and have gone from cramping every single night to having lots of nights with no cramps. If I forget to do them I get cramps!

Hope this helps. Would be interesting to know if it works for other people too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Second guessing myself and every choice I have made.... really worried I picked the wrong hospital as the support I am getting from everyone (bar my consultant - who is really wonderful) is so old fashioned and out dated. Feel more like I am preparing to thrown on to a conveyor belt than give birth to a beautiful baby. Wish I had done more research. Feel like I am already been placed on a clock and it is causing me so much anxiety. :(:(:(

have you subscribed to the gentlebirth app stickybean? You have the knowledge now to ask the right questions and fight your corner.

Ah stickybean that sucks. I'm also constantly doubting myself and worrying about stuff, but I hear that's part of being a mammy!

What hospital are you with? I am 25 weeks and have only had one booking appt with a midwife, and an anomaly scan. My next appointment is at 30 weeks!

I keep thinking that I'm just not meant to have babies. Between 20 weeks of sickness and misery, to the point of being depressed, and now SPD that's taking over my life, I just keep wondering whether my body was even meant to do this.

stickybean wrote: »
    Second guessing myself and every choice I have made.... really worried I picked the wrong hospital as the support I am getting from everyone (bar my consultant - who is really wonderful) is so old fashioned and out dated. Feel more like I am preparing to thrown on to a conveyor belt than give birth to a beautiful baby. Wish I had done more research. Feel like I am already been placed on a clock and it is causing me so much anxiety. :(:(:(

Not that it's much consolation but if you're in Dublin I doubt there'd be much of a difference between one hospital or another.

Yes fits we did the workshop a couple of weeks ago. Really found it amazing and chatted to my consultant about it, he seemed well informed, but spoken to a couple of midwifes since, and they pretty much seem to contradict things, I knwo you can't get everything and it's not a birth plan it's a preference list, but I already feel the few things I was feeling strongly against are being dis-guarded. I wanted to go in with a calm manner and feel supported, nit I feel like we are heading into battle to fight for what we want... I've been looking up other hospitals already I am so stressed about it.

Ah stickybean that sucks. I'm also constantly doubting myself and worrying about stuff, but I hear that's part of being a mammy!

What hospital are you with? I am 25 weeks and have only had one booking appt with a midwife, and an anomaly scan. My next appointment is at 30 weeks!

I keep thinking that I'm just not meant to have babies. Between 20 weeks of sickness and misery, to the point of being depressed, and now SPD that's taking over my life, I just keep wondering whether my body was even meant to do this.

We are with Holles Street Catrionanic and to be fair 95% of the staff have been amazing, but I have come across 3 now that have send me home in tears... I know every profession has different minded people, I am just terrified that we will end up with someone like that. Instead of focusing on being calm and enjoying the birth I am filled with thoughts of a horrible midwife forcing her "we've always done it that way" policies on to us.

I know it can be tough when you have pain and feel like your body can't do this, but trust me... you can... your were born to birth x Try looking up some pregnancy / birth affirmations and meditations on you tube... might help you refocus and believe in yourself x

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Not that it's much consolation but if you're in Dublin I doubt there'd be much of a difference between one hospital or another.

I think you are right... I am so out of my comfort zone I have even been looking at home births

I think you are right... I am so out of my comfort zone I have even been looking at home births

What exactly are they doing to you? I found the midwives at the antenatal class contradicted each other a bit. I am certainly going to do my own reading on some topics

Beanybabog wrote: »
    What exactly are they doing to you? I found the midwives at the antenatal class contradicted each other a bit. I am certainly going to do my own reading on some topics

They seem to be very strict on their polices, induction, cervical sweep, giving birth on your back.... all things I had hoped to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

They seem to be very strict on their polices, induction, cervical sweep, giving birth on your back.... all things I had hoped to avoid.

You said that 95 percent are lovely and just three have been horrible. Remember from the gentle birth workshop, you learned that you can ask to change midwife if you are not getting on with the one you get. Its all about the power you have so use it! Also it's not you who is going in to battle ( if there is a battle) you are going into have your baby in the way you want and to focus on that. Your husband is there to advocate (battle) on your behalf so that you don't have to think about anything other than the task at hand.

Keep thinking of everything you learned!!

Thanks greenttc

Just need to refocus x

• Advertisement

Have just had my first acid burps of the pregnancy.... so gross!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

This is going to seem like such a pathetic stupid reason to moan, but I suppose here is the place for it. Had my 20 week scan today and thankfully all went really well and we found out we're having a girl. My husband's family has a big Whatsapp group so we told them the news that it's a girl and sent on a few scan pics. And everyone has come back talking about how there's another princess on the way, princess this, princess that. I know it comes from a place of love and they genuinely don't see how someone wouldn't want to be called a princess. But I'm thinking, we've known the sex of our girl for about three hours now and she's already had the stereotype of being a girly high maintenance materialistic brat thrust upon her. It's heightened my resolve to raise a fearless girl who will climb trees, play with dolls, be a kickass rugby player, wear pink tutus, be obsessed with dinosaurs and be obsessed with fairies and who will be and do whatever the hell she wants to do free from all the pink glittery gendered bull**** the world tries to force on her!

Again, I know, first world problems. I could have had a scan that had bad news and we're very very lucky. Just, y'know, grrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭duedate

Sorry to hear that ally-pally - this is one of the many reasons we didn't tell anyone the sex of our baby, even though I'm sure our 'lying' that we didn't find out will pee some people off if they ever cop it after baby arrives!

I just knew that if we said it, the next thing then would be people helpfully suggesting names......ah, no thanks.

Is it too late for you to say that the scan was 'fairly' sure it's a girl but not 100%?

ally_pally wrote: »
    It's heightened my resolve to raise a fearless girl who will climb trees, play with dolls, be a kickass rugby player, wear pink tutus, be obsessed with dinosaurs and be obsessed with fairies and who will be and do whatever the hell she wants to do free from all the pink glittery gendered bull**** the world tries to force on her!

My husband has already bought a load of blue and grey baby clothes with trucks, robots, and the like on them for our baby daughter for this precise reason :D

We have hand me down clothes for either gender, and I ain't buying more if I can help it. God the baby blue and baby pink thing is insipid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

There are so many cool grey and mustard yellow clothes about! I'm finding out the sex but buying the clothes either way!

It is now after 6 am, I have been up since before 2.30. wide awake. Husband is getting up in half an hour.

Blech

Im so gonna have this sleeplessness thing down by the time they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Thanks all, it's good to know I'm not the only one who bristles at princess talk! I think I'll just ignore any of that from now on. I know there's no badness behind it so there'll be no family arguments over it, but it was good to get that little rant out all the same.

I was a bit taken aback by my strength of feeling with it yesterday, but finding out the sex of our baby made things feel very real. While I've felt protective being pregnant, it was still all a little bit abstract for me. This was the first time I've felt protective of our baby as a person, if that makes sense. And the idea that people had already decided on her personality and labelled her really got to me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

We found out gender of our second son but didnt tell people. Will do same this time around
    Its nice having a secret. Since I have 2 boys, if this baby is a boy, i dont want the comments regarding baby not being a girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

We found out gender of our second son but didnt tell people. Will do same this time around
    Its nice having a secret. Since I have 2 boys, if this baby is a boy, i dont want the comments regarding baby not being a girl.

"You'll have to go again"

Sorry sorry!! :pac:

Advertisement