Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

s4uv3 wrote: »
    "You'll have to go again"

Sorry sorry!! :pac:

Lol ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

ally_pally wrote: »
    But I'm thinking, we've known the sex of our girl for about three hours now and she's already had the stereotype of being a girly high maintenance materialistic brat thrust upon her. It's heightened my resolve to raise a fearless girl who will climb trees, play with dolls, be a kickass rugby player, wear pink tutus, be obsessed with dinosaurs and be obsessed with fairies and who will be and do whatever the hell she wants to do free from all the pink glittery gendered bull**** the world tries to force on her!

Totally agree. We know it's a girl and while the name princess wouldn't bother me, the targeted advertising and colouring of girl toys and clothing bugs me. We have a fair mix of clothes for her, yes, some dresses but also a pirate and superhero outfit with just colourful blankets - nothing that screams baby-pink girl!
    ally_pally wrote: »
    finding out the sex of our baby made things feel very real. While I've felt protective being pregnant, it was still all a little bit abstract for me. This was the first time I've felt protective of our baby as a person, if that makes sense. And the idea that people had already decided on her personality and labelled her really got to me! smile.png

That's why we wanted to find out gender as well. We were able to bond with a daughter rather than an abstract child.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

I saw a great response to this on facebook recently.

Family member says "You'll have to go again for a girl"
    You respond "Why, I'm not going to interbreed them"

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Automatically being the driver for everything and anything because I'm not drinking these days. :rolleyes:

Headaches.. Had them from 15 weeks on second pregnancy. Im 7.5 weeks on baby 3 and cant get rid of headache past week. Trying to avoid taking paracetamol.

Meant to be going to cinema with my friend tonight and just not able.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Agh Mondays! I work shift work so was working 12hrs yesterday. I always forget how hard Mondays are when husband goes off to work. 28 weeks pregnant with a 2 and a half year old to entertain for the day a house to clean and dinner to cook and I've zero motivation and sore hips. I should be grateful of the day off but I'm just so tired! Baby is nice and active since 4:30am which is really sweet, I can only presume he did all his sleeping while I was on my feet all day rocking him about lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Babs was having an absolute rave in my uterus last night - all night long! Kick, bang, wallop, all through the night. Hope this isn't a sign of an extremely nocturnal baby to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Went to collect a package. Was asked did I want to come back another day with someone as it was heavy and he was too busy to carry it for me. I was parked 10 feet from from front door

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭duedate

oh you are joking BB? I'd go crazy........I need to get some bags to a charity shop over the coming days & no way am I dragging them in the door so I'd better hope I meet someone more accommodating than you did. That sucks!

Nope. I went to leave and luckily a nice man was behind me in the queue and said he'd carry it. I was mortified but he insisted that I wasn't coming back another day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Found out today we are expecting a girl. We already have two boys and I have had the "your family is now complete" comments.

I know it's meant well, but it annoyed me. As if we would feel incomplete had the baby been a boy. Both myself and my OH were both just hoping for healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Bleedin student protest today meant half of merrion square was closed off so i had to park miles away from holles street, not great when one has terrible pelvic pain and walking is agony! I can forget about sleep tonight after the strain that walk caused!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ninjini wrote: »
    Found out today we are expecting a girl. We already have two boys and I have had the "your family is now complete" comments.

I know it's meant well, but it annoyed me. As if we would feel incomplete had the baby been a boy. Both myself and my OH were both just hoping for healthy.

I have two girls already and I keep getting told that if this one is a girl I'll have to go again!! If I have a boy the same people will probably say he needs a brother!!!

Roesy wrote: »
    I have two girls already and I keep getting told that if this one is a girl I'll have to go again!! If I have a boy the same people will probably say he needs a brother!!!

It's really infuriating the way people do this. I can understand people having a preference, but to tell someone their family isn't complete or proper until a set gender ratio is achieved is just awful.

Rant over, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

After 5 years of trying for this little one and much heart break, we are 33 weeks now. People have already, several times asked are we going to "go again".... WTH????? Eh can I have this one first?

Thinking of asking my husband to jump me after the labour :D:D:D

stickybean wrote: »
    Thinking of asking my husband to jump me after the labour :D:D:D

Stickybean that gave me a much needed giggle, thank you!

Men men men....

So trying to catch up.on washing - 2 adults 2 mucky little boys in house- my Darling other half said we need to do something about the amount of washing.... He is forgetting the amount of washing new baby will create.

After few other snide commemts about other stuff from.him yesterday- i asked him would he rather i stay at home and do washing when he isnt there so he doesn't have to hear it. I told him to get a shed out back where washing machine can go or sort doors for kitchen. Our house is open plan downstairs...

I mean it has to be done- one wash daily and two lots of drying. Might let his dirty clothes pile up and see how he likes it.

Added to this, i have to inject inohep and have managed to create sore lumpy bruises on my tummy despite trying to avoid previous bruises from.injections. these are sore and annoying me so.his comment.wrecked my head.

Notsomindful, that would make me see red!!!

I used to do my husbands laundry for him, and he would often refuse to help even a little bit, e.g. If I asked him to take the sheets in off the line as it was starting to rain and I was only wearing a towel myself as about to jump in the shower, I was met with, "you can't expect me to do THAT!". Or, "what sort of a wife are you?" So I flat-out stopped doing his washing for him.

That was about a year ago. I told him that I would start again when he's clearly made more of an effort to be appreciative of what I do for him, e.g. Buy me the odd bunch of flowers, say thank you more often, just be a bit more thoughtful. In all that time he still hasn't made one iota of effort to improve, so I haven't done his laundry at all. I'll have enough to do between my own and the new baby's going forward now.

You're not his skivvy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

At a friend's last night for dinner and the usual wave of exhaustion and constant yawns hit at 10pm. Husband having a ball giggling away after copious amounts of wine with his mates etc. while the girls chatted. When mentioned at 11.30 I would need to hit the hay soon, he invited me to reconsider - 'the night is still young!' and thought this was hilarious - in front of everyone. Eventually managed to drag him off at 12.30.
    Still not talking to him today.
    This is zero craic for me! At least he had a feed of wine!

So I'm due three weeks after Christmas. Don't really wanna spend a lonely Christmas just me and the husband in Dublin - and my family desperately wants us to come up to Belfast, which is what I'd like to do too.

Given the fact that I'll be 37 weeks pregnant, I thought it would be sensible to have someone stay sober each day in case we need to drive back down to Dublin, if labour starts.

Suggested this to the husband and he's not having it at all. Wants to drink. Brought it up with my parents too and everybody has said that I'm being ridiculous wanting to go back down to Dublin to have the baby if it happens, and are all adamant I should just go to a hospital in Belfast instead. And that way they can all keep drinking. They think I'm being really silly wanting to go to the hospital I'll have made plans to have the baby in.

I'm so annoyed. Like ffs, I'll have gone nine months without alcohol and will be about to go through one of the most painful and stressful experiences of my life, and nobody will even stay sober for me in return? And they're lambasting me as being ridiculous for wanting to travel two hours down the road when im in labour (hello, don't most labours involve you spending at least a few hours at home in the house waiting until contractions are close enough together?!). They're telling me I'll end up having a baby on the side of the road.

Ughhhhhh

• Advertisement

That's ridiculous. I would want to go to my hospital too. He can stay of the drink for his wife and future child. I doubt he'd be impressed with you if you had refused to make the same sacrifice when you're pregnant and kept drinking. I'd say I'm not comfortable going and stay at home

Yeah he's telling me just to stay at home in Dublin. But I really really don't want to! It would be a lonely Christmas just the two of us in our poky wee house, would much rather be with family in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Of course he can stay off the booze. He needs to grow up. Id want to go to my own hospital too. You are being perfectly reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yikes, my husband wouldn't have a drink in the last couple of months of my pregnancy in case anything happened! You're carrying his child, staying off the booze so he'll be in a fit state to look after you is the bloody least he can do...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Even though the chances are small, Jesus man clench your buttocks together and stay off the booze. Some people don't get the concerns of a heavily pregnant woman. I feel sorry for you.

My rant: I discovered the joys of underboob rash! And a spud that's just 20 weeks in there but exactly knows that I love steps on my bladder at 3 in the morning...

Notsomindful, that would make me see red!!!

I used to do my husbands laundry for him, and he would often refuse to help even a little bit, e.g. If I asked him to take the sheets in off the line as it was starting to rain and I was only wearing a towel myself as about to jump in the shower, I was met with, "you can't expect me to do THAT!". Or, "what sort of a wife are you?" So I flat-out stopped doing his washing for him.

That was about a year ago. I told him that I would start again when he's clearly made more of an effort to be appreciative of what I do for him, e.g. Buy me the odd bunch of flowers, say thank you more often, just be a bit more thoughtful. In all that time he still hasn't made one iota of effort to improve, so I haven't done his laundry at all. I'll have enough to do between my own and the new baby's going forward now.

You're not his skivvy.

I dont interfere with him going to work, dont interfere with what I do. Eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

So I'm due three weeks after Christmas. Don't really wanna spend a lonely Christmas just me and the husband in Dublin - and my family desperately wants us to come up to Belfast, which is what I'd like to do too.

Given the fact that I'll be 37 weeks pregnant, I thought it would be sensible to have someone stay sober each day in case we need to drive back down to Dublin, if labour starts.

Suggested this to the husband and he's not having it at all. Wants to drink. Brought it up with my parents too and everybody has said that I'm being ridiculous wanting to go back down to Dublin to have the baby if it happens, and are all adamant I should just go to a hospital in Belfast instead. And that way they can all keep drinking. They think I'm being really silly wanting to go to the hospital I'll have made plans to have the baby in.

I'm so annoyed. Like ffs, I'll have gone nine months without alcohol and will be about to go through one of the most painful and stressful experiences of my life, and nobody will even stay sober for me in return? And they're lambasting me as being ridiculous for wanting to travel two hours down the road when im in labour (hello, don't most labours involve you spending at least a few hours at home in the house waiting until contractions are close enough together?!). They're telling me I'll end up having a baby on the side of the road.

Ughhhhhh

Is this your first baby? If so, chances are you won't go early BUT obviously every pregnancy is different! If I were you I'd be livid. It's up to your husband to stay sober not even family members. You've stopped drinking for over 9 months it's the least he can do. Fingers crossed you get to go to Belfast and baby doesn't come early because I'd imagine the drive would be a nightmare in labour!!! I struggled with the drive down the Navan road when I was in labour I couldn't imagine being in a car for two hours contracting. Nope, nope, nope. You need to be able to walk and move around, bounce on a yoga ball or what ever else gives you some comfort during it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Effing SPD :mad: My back and pelvis are bad enough already without pregnancy hormones making them all squishy and more useless than they already were. Ffs I'm only 20 weeks and I'm already hobbling around with a crutch while trying to entertain my 2 toddlers with television and treats mostly

Been trying to get through to the maternity for a physio referral all morning to no avail and can't afford to go privately at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Effing SPD :mad: My back and pelvis are bad enough already without pregnancy hormones making them all squishy and more useless than they already were. Ffs I'm only 20 weeks and I'm already hobbling around with a crutch while trying to entertain my 2 toddlers with television and treats mostly

Been trying to get through to the maternity for a physio referral all morning to no avail and can't afford to go privately at the moment :(

You have my full sympathy. I'm 34 weeks now and mine has eased considerably over the last week or so but it's an absolutely horrendous pain and one I didn't experience with my toddler.

Are you based in Dublin by any chance?I actually spoke to my PHN about it and she referred me within days to a physio in Ranelagh. I actually didn't need her in the end but apparently she is incredibly sympathetic having experienced it herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I live in an old farmhouse. Last night i Woke up at 1am to sounds coming from my hospital bag which was unzipped after a few days inside earlier in the week. Woke up husband and he opened from a distance using a stick and it was a mouse raiding the cereal bars i had in there as labour snacks!
    Husband went off and set three traps. Well two of them went off over the night. I couldnt sleep all night with the commotion. Rotten!

Advertisement