Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I agree with Neyite that you should address it now rather than let it build up until you're seething with resentment and trying to sort it out while juggling a newborn too. Do you generally get on with mil outside of pregnancy? Is it just a case of her getting carried away with excitement?

Also, have a clear plan of what you will do after the baby is born- who you will contact first, when people can visit etc. My lovely excited in laws arrived 2 hours after a traumatic and complicated labour while I was stuck in bed doped up on a morphine drip :eek: My OH had got excited and rang them to come in straight after the birth. In fairness, they're very nice people and meant no harm. I hadn't even thought to discuss it beforehand with OH. I had a 'no visitors for at least 12 hours' rule after my little girl was born :D People just get carried away where babies are concerned!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

stickybean wrote: »
    Oh I know Neyite, I just really don't have the energy right now... I just want to lock myself away for the next 5 weeks and enjoy being pregnant. It took us close to 5 years to get here, and don't get me wrong, I can't wait to meet our baby, but I am just so tired of her and everyone trying to rush us along. This time is so precious to me and I just want to enjoy it, as soon as I say anything it'll end in an argument and I just don't have the strength.

My husband is trying, but I guess he is feeling a bit in the middle. I have told him how I feel, had a few "hormonal" rages, but it doesn't get me anywhere, just bad feeling between us.

And I do want to take my baby swimming and do all those firsts with them. I am the mammy after all. She has had her 3 kids and while I will be happy to let everyone be apart of the babies life, at the end of the day it is our baby. (just wish I could say that to the world)

I know, it's really tough to summon up the energy to confront. And I totally understand that you'd feel that its spoiling this short precious time of pregnancy. Ultimately, it's down to your husband to lay down the boundaries with his family, isn't it? I know he's trying but its uncharted waters for him too I suppose. I hope it resolves for you without too much stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

And I do want to take my baby swimming and do all those firsts with them. I am the mammy after all. She has had her 3 kids and while I will be happy to let everyone be apart of the babies life, at the end of the day it is our baby. (just wish I could say that to the world)

Say that. Be nice about it but firm. If she says she wants to book swimming say thank but I am bringing her to X class already. End conversation. He who speaks first loses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Feeling very grateful that my MIL lives on the other side of the Irish Sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Neyite wrote: »
    I know, it's really tough to summon up the energy to confront. And I totally understand that you'd feel that its spoiling this short precious time of pregnancy. Ultimately, it's down to your husband to lay down the boundaries with his family, isn't it? I know he's trying but its uncharted waters for him too I suppose. I hope it resolves for you without too much stress.

Going to try talk to him again this weekend, short of that I am moving :(

• Advertisement

Going to try talk to him again this weekend, short of that I am moving :(

When the baby arrives you won't have the energy to deal with people - he'll have to act as gatekeeper to keep them away if you're worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Beanybabog wrote: »
    When the baby arrives you won't have the energy to deal with people - he'll have to act as gatekeeper to keep them away if you're worn out.

Me when baba arrives...

4488876837_8d3da2423a_z.jpg

I did not sleep a wink last night. I'm on maternity leave and up at 6.15. Someone help me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

My brains have fallen clean out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

s4uv3 wrote:
    My brains have fallen clean out of my head.

expect them to stay that way for a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm absolutely burning up. Wandering around house with nothing on only a light shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

fits wrote: »
    I'm absolutely burning up. Wandering around house with nothing on only a light shirt.

Me too, I'm absolutely roasting today. Particularly my feet......nice.

My feet also. And bump is so sore and itchy and covered in stretch marks. Ouch. Gonna have a shower before bed, hopefully that will calm things down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Oh that sounds just awful, you poor thing. Have you got calamine lotion? That's supposed to be brilliant. If not, lathering on some moisturiser should help. Maybe put it in the fridge/freezer for a few mins and put on after your shower to help sooth the discomfort.

I have all sorts of lotions. Still have this puppps rash although its not as bad as it was. And am being monitored for cholestasis. Use la roche posay lipikar lotion and eucerin intensive lotion mostly. And pine tar soap in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Mini rant

People who haven't bother with my for the last 6 months... suddenly crawling out of the wood work to ask is there any news?????

Seriously? You've not cared for the last 36 weeks... don't try step up at the finish line...

Also laces in shoes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Mini rant

People who haven't bother with my for the last 6 months... suddenly crawling out of the wood work to ask is there any news?????

Seriously? You've not cared for the last 36 weeks... don't try step up at the finish line...

Also laces in shoes :mad:

Ok so I empathize the people not bothering part but the laces in shoes made me giggle! :D

Got the nail clippers out on my toenails a few days ago. Was out of breath by the time I'd the ten toes done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Today I got stuck between two cars in a carpark :o
    Thankfully today isn't a hormonal day so I saw the funny side and had a good laugh at myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

So am 13 weeks today, still feeling sick and headachey. Being sick the odd.time. absolutely shattered still as well. Backache and right hip pain is major as well already. This is making me cranky and short with kids. Added to this asd child got triggered on Friday so hard to handle at min.
    Had headaches really bad on my second son from 16 weeks and it was awful so hoping its not same. Headaches used to make me ill as well.

Have clinic tomorrow amd dating scan.

Not able right now.

• Advertisement

So am 13 weeks today, still feeling sick and headachey. Being sick the odd.time. absolutely shattered still as well. Backache and right hip pain is major as well already. This is making me cranky and short with kids. Added to this asd child got triggered on Friday so hard to handle at min.
    Had headaches really bad on my second son from 16 weeks and it was awful so hoping its not same. Headaches used to make me ill as well.

Have clinic tomorrow amd dating scan.

Not able right now.

Ah you poor thing. First trimester is ROUGH. I was still battling 24/7 nausea at your stage (and continued to have it until I went on cariban at 15 weeks) and it really REALLY got me down, so I totally feel your pain. There is light at the end of the first trimester tunnel though, and you're getting close!!! 2nd trimester is lovely and these symptoms will go very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Ah you poor thing. First trimester is ROUGH. I was still battling 24/7 nausea at your stage (and continued to have it until I went on cariban at 15 weeks) and it really REALLY got me down, so I totally feel your pain. There is light at the end of the first trimester tunnel though, and you're getting close!!! 2nd trimester is lovely and these symptoms will go very soon.

I'm in the 25th week and I'm still morning sick and my general feeling of nausea over the day came back PLUS the lovely heartburn. The only upside is that I'm not that tired anymore.
    I'm still waiting for the lovely 2nd trimester :(

But everyone in the first tri - hang on, with my first one it got better quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

My first moan of this pregnancy... but i'm going to include everything in this post :)

I have sinus and feel rotten and seemingly there is nothing i can take for it. I also haven't slept in about a week because of this stupid sinus. I have a headache, my head aches,

On top of that I still can't eat meat as it makes me sick... and all I want is a hamburger. In my case, 1st trimester sickness has been extended. The smell of cooking meat / fish and onions makes me vomit.

Which brings me onto my final moan. I'm finally pregnant after 5 miscarriages (all other MC's were around 6 weeks). i'm 19 weeks and I can't feel as much movement as I was feeling even a week ago. So i'm panicing. I don't want to go to the doctor as chances are it is just me being overly anxious after all the MC. I don't want to go to the doctor for every twinge.

Thanks for listening all.

Yeah I've also had my nausea come back since about 26 weeks. It's nowhere near as bad as it was though - it comes and goes rather than lasting all day. I hear this isn't uncommon in the 3rd trimester.

My main issue these days is pelvic girdle pain, again since I was 25weeks or so. It can be really disabling. Today is a bad day. I'm not enjoying being pregnant at all these days.

Roll on due date in mid-January!!!

Dinkie wrote: »
    My first moan of this pregnancy... but i'm going to include everything in this post :)

I have sinus and feel rotten and seemingly there is nothing i can take for it. I also haven't slept in about a week because of this stupid sinus. I have a headache, my head aches,

On top of that I still can't eat meat as it makes me sick... and all I want is a hamburger. In my case, 1st trimester sickness has been extended. The smell of cooking meat / fish and onions makes me vomit.

Which brings me onto my final moan. I'm finally pregnant after 5 miscarriages (all other MC's were around 6 weeks). i'm 19 weeks and I can't feel as much movement as I was feeling even a week ago. So i'm panicing. I don't want to go to the doctor as chances are it is just me being overly anxious after all the MC. I don't want to go to the doctor for every twinge.

What hospital are you attending? If it's any reassurance, movement at 19 weeks is usually really light and sporadic as the baby is still so small that it's only the big kicks you'll be feeling. I didn't feel any movement at all until I was almost 22weeks! That said, with your history it's totally understandable to be anxious, and I'm sure that if you dropped into your hospital just to check all is okay, they'd only be happy to reassure you. I'm going to Holles St, and have been told many times to come in if I've any concerns about movement at all.

Maybe you could buy a Doppler for added reassurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I feel you so much: For me it's just the thought of soy sauce, anything spicy/asian that kills me and usually I love food like that!

In the regards of movement: This time I also panicked so much til 20 weeks because I only felt this butterfly fluttering and with my first one it was a lot stronger at that time. But then at the scan we found out that my placenta is in the front this time and baby was just simply kicking into it so I barely felt anything. It also depends on how it's lying at that point. I hope this can calm you down a little bit.

I'm so used to Gaviscon by now that I don't find it disgusting anymore :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

I really suffered with the sinus issue in early pregancy too. It's rotten, would give me headaches and if I didn't get paracetomol into me then quick enough the headache would make me sick.

Have you tried a saline spray? If you use them religiously they do work. Spray of salt water up each nostril a few times a day, and it does actually help. You have to keep doing it though.

I also used to put a tiny bit of vicks vapour rub or tiger balm on my temples at bed time, helped a little bit.

It stopped for me at some stage between 20-26 weeks or that, so hang on in there.

Best of luck, hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

You should look into Neilmed sinus rinse. Really clears out the sinuses and help with the pain and stuffyness! I'd image you can use it whilst pregnant as it's just water mixed with buffer. Hopefully your able to take it and it works! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thanks all. i feel a bit better after ranting.

Idunno / HelgaWard Am off out to the pharmacy to see if I can get any of those things.

Thanks Caitrionanic... I know all those things. Its one of the reasons I don't want to go to the hospital / doctor. If I give in now to every niggle and worry, I might as well just move into the maternity ward now!!

I feel really sorry for you LirW. At least I can still eat spicey and asian food. My OH has taken over all the cooking, and makes sure its vegatarian with no onions :) I have a lifetime supply of orange flavour rennies! They are a god send. I just need to look at food to get heartburn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Dinkie definitely get the sinus spray. As helga says you have to use it several times a day and you cannot stop, even if you've no pain. I would've gone out of my mind without it!

Advertisement