Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Im suffering with congestion also and its making me snore! Wake up every night choking on a dry mouth with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

My back is sore again. Someone help me! Apart from paracetamol and a hot water bottle is there anything i can do?? I couldn't sleep again with the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Beanybabog wrote: »
    My back is sore again. Someone help me! Apart from paracetamol and a hot water bottle is there anything i can do?? I couldn't sleep again with the pain

TENS machine might help if you can get your hands on one? Back pain is the worst. Failing that massage, hot bath and I found sitting on birthing ball helped massively vs sofa in reducing soreness graduating into full blown muscle spasm.

tiredcity wrote: »
    TENS machine might help if you can get your hands on one? Back pain is the worst. Failing that massage, hot bath and I found sitting on birthing ball helped massively vs sofa in reducing soreness graduating into full blown muscle spasm.

I have a tens so I'll give it another go. I honestly thought I sprained a muscle
    In my back but it was healing but it's getting worse again- will try the ball now. It's just so frustrating!

I had a lot of back pain earlier in pregnancy. Some nights I'd have to support my back with pillows and sleep in a reclining position. Would change to this in middle of night. Now when I start to feel a twinge I get up and take a walk straight away rather than wait for it to get worse. It's definitely better than it was. I was worst around 24 weeks. Also take Paracetemol if it's bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Beanybabog wrote:

A pillow/knee support can make a huge difference (pillow under your hips or thighs) , also a pillow between your knees takes the pressure off the hips and pelvis so that can stop lower back pain. If you can get to a pregnancy yoga class do, the stretching can work wonders

Thanks all. I suppose I'm lucky to have made it this far before the back pain arrived. Am so over being pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

My latest moan: on maternity leave, so so so tired and I can't sleep! Literally just a few minutes dozing between 1am and 4am when I got up....several nights in a row now :( plus my family seem to think that because I'm on maternity leave, im going to want to do stuff like go shopping and drive for an hour to visit them. I'm exhausted and due in 3 days! All I want to do is sleep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I went ballistic last night, got my H&M order full of maternity clothes, because I wanted to get some pieces a bit prettier than leggings and tracksuit bottoms. So I ordered some dresses and one pair of treggings. Since I'm very hourglass-y (big chest, small waist, and good chunk in the trunk :rolleyes: ) I picked a 14 for the treggings, to give myself and the bump a bit space to grow in. All the dresses in M had a good fitting but when I unpacked the pants, the tag said UK14/EU40.
    A UK 14 equals an EU 42 and that gives me a good bit of air to grow in over the next few weeks. But seriously, these pants were tiny. My quite slim sister probably wouldn't have had an easy time getting in there. So I measured them out and realised they were quite tiny even for a UK12/EU40.
    God I was so disappointed and mad, I feel like a feckin' boat now.

The international sizes are quite generous (S/M/L) but the UK ones can be nightmarish tiny. How can you feel pretty as a woman with a melon permanently attached to your front when you feel so bad over not fitting in anything but slobby trackbottoms?

I don't really wanna spend quadrillion euros on maternity clothes because it's all over in March anyway and I definitely won't have more kids.
    That made me soooo mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

LirW wrote: »
    I went ballistic last night, got my H&M order full of maternity clothes, because I wanted to get some pieces a bit prettier than leggings and tracksuit bottoms. So I ordered some dresses and one pair of treggings. Since I'm very hourglass-y (big chest, small waist, and good chunk in the trunk :rolleyes: ) I picked a 14 for the treggings, to give myself and the bump a bit space to grow in. All the dresses in M had a good fitting but when I unpacked the pants, the tag said UK14/EU40.
    A UK 14 equals an EU 42 and that gives me a good bit of air to grow in over the next few weeks. But seriously, these pants were tiny. My quite slim sister probably wouldn't have had an easy time getting in there. So I measured them out and realised they were quite tiny even for a UK12/EU40.
    God I was so disappointed and mad, I feel like a feckin' boat now.

The international sizes are quite generous (S/M/L) but the UK ones can be nightmarish tiny. How can you feel pretty as a woman with a melon permanently attached to your front when you feel so bad over not fitting in anything but slobby trackbottoms?

I don't really wanna spend quadrillion euros on maternity clothes because it's all over in March anyway and I definitely won't have more kids.
    That made me soooo mad :mad:

I find H&M like that even in their normal ranges, I could be an 8/10 in one section of the shop and a 12/14 in another. Makes it very hard to buy online from them.

• Advertisement

If it makes you feel any better, that's H&Ms fault not yours!! I'm an hourglass usually a size 10-12 and at around 25 weeks I had to buy stuff in a large. Seems
    To be the story of my life though, I know my bump is big and I'm tall but seriously, if I'm buying large I have no idea what women who were say size 16-18 before they got pregnant are buying.

Ah the joys of twin pregnancy. I have a size 20 nightshirt from penneys (not maternity) that wont close on me. Very little actually fits me now at all and i would have been a small 12 before this. Belly hangs out of my tops which os lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

fits wrote: »
    Belly hangs out of my tops which os lovely!

This!
    I'm constantly pulling my tops down as I'm self conscious about them slipping up and my belly hanging out.

OH made a joke about looking classy with my belly out the other week.

I wear vests underneath now but I'm so warm all the time it's awful having an extra layer of clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

have you seen the things called belly bands (i think thats the name of them) it is really just a strip of jersey material that sits around the bottom of your bump, kinda like the bottom half of a vest, that might cut the heat for you a bit and i also found them good for holding up trousers when they were still abit big but you couldnt wear a belt and you hadnt yet grown into your maternity trousers!

I found asos the best place for maternity clothes and the only things i got in H and M were some of their jersey long sleeve Tshirts.

I find the trousers that go over the bump are the best for me. No hanging out!! I
    Got two pairs of jeans abroad that I have lived in, -and two pairs of work trousers in jo jo Maman. I found the lower ones really uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I find the trousers that go over the bump are the best for me. No hanging out!! I
    Got two pairs of jeans abroad that I have lived in, -and two pairs of work trousers in jo jo Maman. I found the lower ones really uncomfortable

I second that point too! If only for the keeping the trousers up not to mind the keeping the belly in!

Dunno what's wrong with me today but am suddenly shattered far beyond any of the usual preggo fatigue. Had fourteen hour sleep last night (!), got up for an hour to drop OH to work but was too tired to even eat and been in bed ever since. Some particularly persistant Jehovah's witnesses kept banging on the door intermittently throughout the afternoon/evening and was half tempted to chuck something out the window at them cause they kept waking me up (restrained myself, thankfully!). Legs have been really swollen for last week and had to finally take wedding ring off but BP has been fine so not sure if just routine late pregnancy weirdness. Have antenatal app in hospital tomorrow so guess will have better idea then. There's leftover bolognese in the fridge so all I have to do is throw some pasta in a saucepan but that seems like an insurmountable effort & husband isn't finished work til midnight or would actually wait and ask him to do it. Bizzare.

On seperate note, those belly bands are usually available in debenhams & very handy if your tops are misbehaving or you're roasting in extra layers. Think it was roughly about 12 quid.

Ive had quite a few days like that tiredcity. Think its the demands pregnancy places on the body. Definitely mention it tmw though. Do you know what your iron levels are like?

fits wrote: »
    Ive had quite a few days like that tiredcity. Think its the demands pregnancy places on the body. Definitely mention it tmw though. Do you know what your iron levels are like?

Thanks fits! I know its probably nothing but genuinely feel like i've been steamrollered today. I have haemachromatosis (iron overload disorder) so haven't been able to take supplements but my Hb two weeks ago was low end of normal so very good all things considered. Getting BH now but managed to boil kettle so slowly making baby steps towards dinner ;D

Im getting heaps of tightenings also. Never want to do a thing when they kick off. At this rate i wonder if ill know when things are really kicking off! ( could be a bit dehydrated today though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

I've had the same rage with asos tights! Only maternity thing I've bought as only 11weeks but felt regular tights were putting too much pressure on my tummy by the end of work day.(maybe all in my head)

Pre pregnancy size 12-14, only gained 1pound so far and the large maternity tights wouldn't go over my knees, they actually ripped as I was trying to pull them on and they were 200 denier ones not the dainty ones! Good luck to anyone my size or larger at a later stage of pregnancy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

My moan of the day is arranging ice skating for the kids and I can't go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

Love2love wrote: »

Ha that would be a highpoint of the day for me. Hate doing stuff like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Love2love wrote: »

It never occurred to me that we couldn't do ice skating!! Damn. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Back was so sore last night that I couldn't even sit on the sofa. Thank god for exercise balls. Spent my evening bent over it in front of the telly.

I was off today so it wasn't as bad, but I'm sure I'll be in bits again by lunchtime tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Also feeling particularly teary and emotional tonight. My husband is always at work and I never really see him during the week. The last few weekends we have had to do separate things, and this weekend he is going to visit his family in the uk.I wish he was here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Also feeling particularly teary and emotional tonight. My husband is always at work and I never really see him during the week. The last few weekends we have had to do separate things, and this weekend he is going to visit his family in the uk.I wish he was here now.

This is me as well. My husband is permanently at work & he travels for work 99% of the time so that means he is away over night. It's very hard, he hasn't been home for a full weekend since the weekend before Hallowe'en. I'm totally drained between working & Looking after our little one & now my job has turned to complete crap & I want to cry. Don't feel that you are alone, Catrionanic!

Sorry you are going through tough times. My husband used to commute a long distance to a rubbish job as well. I was living/working abroad though so it was bearable. Now he has a worse paid job closer to home and I'm out of a job, but we are much happier on the whole. For now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Going slowly demented with the "You're on the countdown now" comments. Can't wait to finish work to not have more than 10 of these a day, 5 days a week.

I'm on the count down to the not having to engage in the "you're on the countdown" conversations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

HelgaWard wrote: »
    Going slowly demented with the "You're on the countdown now" comments. Can't wait to finish work to not have more than 10 of these a day, 5 days a week.

I'm on the count down to the not having to engage in the "you're on the countdown" conversations!!!

Wait til the 'anything stirring?' texts/phonecalls start :P I'very always told people I'm due 2-3 weeks later than I really am just to avoid this.

Advertisement