Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Wait til the 'anything stirring?' texts/phonecalls start :P I'very always told people I'm due 2-3 weeks later than I really am just to avoid this.

I should have done that!! My mam calls or visits every day since I've been on maternity leave - I went on ML at 37 weeks and now I'm 41 agh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Wait til the 'anything stirring?' texts/phonecalls start :P I'very always told people I'm due 2-3 weeks later than I really am just to avoid this.

Was driven absolutely demented by them alright on my 1st, but c-sections since that put an end to that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I should have done that!! My mam calls or visits every day since I've been on maternity leave - I went on ML at 37 weeks and now I'm 41 agh!!!

I'd just pretend that I abandoned the house and left the country :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

We have new neighbours. We live in a small Victorian terrace with thin walls. And the new neighbours are so loud!!! There are 4 adults living in a tiny two-bed and they talk loudly (in what I assume is Portuguese) until all hours of the morning. They had friends round night before last until 1.30am so there was so sleep to be had here. And then I was woken by an alarm going at 5am, which they left running for 5-10 minutes before silencing it.

Tonight, I was woken by them playing music at 2am. It's now 5.30am, and although they went to sleep at about 3.30, I can't get back to sleep! Any time they wake me up, I'm awake for HOURS as I get so annoyed and wound up by them. Plus sleeping is never easy in the third trimester anyway.

I'm actually looking forward to getting my own back on them with a screaming baby in january

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Had a rough stressy week with my son's school ( he has autiism ) and also my social welfare payment being cut.
    It ended in me.missing a step on my stairs and though no obvious fracture and ending up on crutches.

Foot really swollen and bruised. Just fed up of the week.
    Also moods all over the place over stress.

• Advertisement

Had a rough stressy week with my son's school ( he has autiism ) and also my social welfare payment being cut.
    It ended in me.missing a step on my stairs and though no obvious fracture and ending up on crutches.

Foot really swollen and bruised. Just fed up of the week.
    Also moods all over the place over stress.

Ah that does sound like a pretty rubbish week alright. Poor you. Hopefully your foot/ankle gets better soon and you're feeling more like yourself shortly.

I very nearly took a tumble walking in one of the streets around Stephens green this evening. It was dark and there were lots of people around, the footpath was uneven and I can't really see my feet these days... resulted in me tripping over and falling forwards, but I was thankfully able to put my hands out and stop myself. Gave me a scare though. I'm rhesus negative too. I'm almost 35 weeks and now won't be walking anywhere on my own after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Heartburn, major heartburn :(:(:(

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Heartburn, major heartburn :(:(:(

Something that helps me for some reason is a cup of hot chocolate in the evening, it helps better than Gaviscon at the moment. But I feel you, there are so many things I'd like to eat but I'm so scared of my throat on fire :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Does anyone else think that Gaviscon tastes like fish...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kat939

Pregnancy + vomiting bug = even more misery than just the vomiting bug on its own!

• Advertisement

mrsmags16 wrote: »

For me it's like bone flour

LirW wrote: »
    Something that helps me for some reason is a cup of hot chocolate in the evening, it helps better than Gaviscon at the moment. But I feel you, there are so many things I'd like to eat but I'm so scared of my throat on fire :(

Ugh, hot choc! Love the smell, can't stomach the taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

36 weeks today. It's been a joyful Monday so far! Acid reflux anytime I move or even better anytime the baby moves. I've a red blotchy nose, face and chest, looks like sunburn and I just feel so sad and weepy. My blood pressure is normal, had it checked at mw appointment. Moan, moan, moan. Pass the gaviscon. Stuff is vile I'm so sick of it, I'm literally swigging from the bottle these days. Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

My foot is fractured. ... have a boot now as well as crutches. ..fairly grounded.

Don't have a clue how to manage kids as everything is a hassle

My foot is fractured. ... have a boot now as well as crutches. ..fairly grounded.

Oh lord, you poor thing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

You poor thing notsomindful :(

Due to my ever increasing bump, my centre of gravity has shifted. Of course, I keep forgetting this and every time I crouch down, I either tip backwards and end up on my arse like a flailing turtle or else I splat forward on my face :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

mrsmags16 wrote: »

Soap! :p

Today is tough. I am so uncomfortable all of a sudden. Sore back and pelvis making mobility difficult, lots of rib pain, and the baby's movements are painful now to the point where they often make me wince.

I am also suddenly EXHAUSTED. I need to get up and put the dinner in the oven and go for a wee but I just can't seem to do it. And third trimester nausea is ever present, to the point where it limits the positions I can sit and lie in. Heartburn is the cherry on top really.

Thank god im done with work tomorrow. I don't know how some women work full time right up to 38 weeks. They have my absolute respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Hang in there Catriona, one more day- you can do it :)

Wanted to get a bit in a christmas mood and eat some cookies that my granny sent over from home. One bite and the worst heartburn ever :mad:
    How am I supposed to enjoy all the amazing goodies she sent me?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

LirW wrote: »
    Wanted to get a bit in a christmas mood and eat some cookies that my granny sent over from home. One bite and the worst heartburn ever :mad:
    How am I supposed to enjoy all the amazing goodies she sent me?!

Had the worst heartburn on my first two, spent a fortune on Gaviscon. Discovered Zantac this time round, due to a poster on boards.ie. Revolutionary!! Talk to your gp. It saved me so much discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Ugh braxton hicks!! I'm only 26 weeks and have been getting them since 22 weeks and I'm getting sick of them! Walked the 10 minute walk from my car to work today and have been having them ever since! Usually only get them in the afternoons, I really hope they're not going to stick around all day :( They're so uncomfortable!!

9 months pregnant, Christmas Eve, and I have the norovirus

Loving life right now

My hairdresser who told me "wow, you're after blowing right up" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Loving life right now

Ah no. Really sorry to hear that. Christmas is desperate for bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Loving life right now

You poor thing..... I was overdue last week and two of my kids had it and that was bad enough never mind having it myself. Hopefully it's a short dose!

Ah it wasn't too bad actually. Just a bit of a tummy upset. Thank goodness! Thanks for the sympathy girls. And happy Christmas!

Shout out to all the pregnant ladies who missed Christmas dinner due to feeling like ****

I sat in the living room crying while everyone else wined and dined. I was upset because it's meant to be me and my husband's first Christmas together, and also because this pregnancy has had me feeling like **** every day for nine months now. As if that wasn't enough, it's even ruined Christmas.

Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes Christmas can suck. Hang in there. You are nearly there. Also every day extra your baby is growing inside you they get stronger for outside world. It really does count. Hope the last days are a bit easier for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Shout out to all the pregnant ladies who missed Christmas dinner due to feeling like ****

I sat in the living room crying while everyone else wined and dined. I was upset because it's meant to be me and my husband's first Christmas together, and also because this pregnancy has had me feeling like **** every day for nine months now. As if that wasn't enough, it's even ruined Christmas.

Sigh

I hear ya. Didn't ruin Christmas as such I still really enjoyed my dinner with the in-laws but I did miss out on having some mulled wine and the festive drinks. Just the cherry on top of the year really. I feel like I've been pregnant all year.

Got married in April and got pregnant the week after. Fast forward two weeks and we did a pregnancy test just before we booked our honeymoon for June... it was negative but I was pregnant. Found out the day before flying to my best friends hens in May. I've had numerous weddings, been bridesmaid, hens, nights out, family events etc all of which I've been pregnant, bloated, in bits with my hips and wiped by 7pm. Not forgetting my honeymoon. I also have a very active 2yr old girl so she's added to why I've been so wrecked!

So much for enjoying being a newlywed sipping proscecco and enjoying meals with my lovely hubby!!! Oh well I shouldn't complain, in a few weeks, all going to plan, we will have our complete family and my son will be in my arms. I can safely say I will never be pregnant again!!!

Hope you feel better, enjoy the rest of Christmas and remember it really all is worth it in the end! Also I think it's normal to feel weepy towards the end, I cried yesterday at my first 'Wife' card lol

Advertisement