Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

"Whoa, you've gotten big since I saw you last"

"You've really changed shape lately"

"Wowwww"

"Are you wrecked? You look tired"

Just incase anybody was under the illusion that I don't look or feel quite whale-like enough already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Am 19 weeks on Monday still feeling sick and no appetite. Acid is terrible...living on gaviscon.
    StI'll recovering from my broken bone in my foot too so just exhausted.

So wrecked. ..have my crazy 3 year old driving his autistic brother 5 years old mental.
    Added to this, a lack of routine for my asd son is causing chaos in our house. Roll on school!

In addition, our schedule has been mad since Xmas. My darling partner thinks I should be up for sex just because he says "Do you want to have sex?"

I have no urge for intimacy at minute, resulting in a cranky oh who is saying me not wanting to have intimate time with him is worse than refusing him. I explained that I feel awkward in myself and not very attractive but he doesn't get it.
    Feels like I am.being punished by him for feeling this way. When I told him I had no urge for intimacy, he immediately stopped even hugging and holding me. Not a great feeling.

I also had to go back on psych meds due to anxiety getting worse so mix it all together and it's a mess.

Roll on 4th when he is back to work and 9th for kids back to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah notsomindful, it sounds like you are having an awful time. I'm sorry you feel so **** and your husband isn't being as supportive as you need him to be. I think you need to sit down and explain to him how you are feeling - surely it isn't that hard for him to understand?! So many women feel the same. If it's any reassurance, me and my husband have zero sexy time all pregnancy apart from now when the main motivation for it is to get labour started! You are not alone in feeling the way you do, and he needs to understand this.

I also had persistent morning sickness until 21/22 weeks. It had a real effect on my mental health and I felt very low and started resenting the baby. I went to my GP at 15/16 weeks and she gave me Cariban, which helped immensely. I was back to my old self, mentally. I'd recommend talking to your GP about things if it's getting you down. My GP also offered to refer me to the psychiatrist in Holles street, but thankfully it didn't have to come to that.

Ah notsomindful, it sounds like you are having an awful time. I'm sorry you feel so **** and your husband isn't being as supportive as you need him to be. I think you need to sit down and explain to him how you are feeling - surely it isn't that hard for him to understand?! So many women feel the same. If it's any reassurance, me and my husband have zero sexy time all pregnancy apart from now when the main motivation for it is to get labour started! You are not alone in feeling the way you do, and he needs to understand this.

I also had persistent morning sickness until 21/22 weeks. It had a real effect on my mental health and I felt very low and started resenting the baby. I went to my GP at 15/16 weeks and she gave me Cariban, which helped immensely. I was back to my old self, mentally. I'd recommend talking to your GP about things if it's getting you down. My GP also offered to refer me to the psychiatrist in Holles street, but thankfully it didn't have to come to that.

I talked to gp already and she prescribed prozac.
    Not finding them helping yet.

GP offered me zantac if gaviscon doesn't work.
    Thing is I am already on psych meds, aspirin, innohep and 5mg folic acid....don't really want to take more medication. Was awake all Thursday night with acid had to sit up on sofa rather than bed....
    I already see a psychiatrist so am covered on that part. I don't really want bad antenatal depression as I had pnd and psychosis after my previous babies.

Sorry for whinging.

I've never been a patient person, and now that I'm overdue I'm even more impatient than ever!!!! How do people go like 14 days over without ending up in an asylum?!?! I have no signs of impending labour whatsoever and it's pretty much all I can think about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I've never been a patient person, and now that I'm overdue I'm even more impatient than ever!!!! How do people go like 14 days over without ending up in an asylum?!?! I have no signs of impending labour whatsoever and it's pretty much all I can think about

I've gone 14 days overdue with 3. I knew I would, so I didn't finish work on 2 of them till my due date and then was on call or popped in to help if I got bored. :D On the 3rd overdue one (4th baby) I finished on Saturday, 41+5 had him on the Monday.
    I'm a men's hairdresser so lots of time on my feet too.
    Enjoy pampering yourself for these last few days, take long relaxing baths, lie up with books or magazines, there won't be much energy to do it once baby arrives ;)
    I've just moved house, I'm 22 weeks. So I've plenty to keep me busy for the next few months :)
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I was due 1st Sept and had my son 17th of Sept. What kept me ok was the fact the extension on our house wasn't finished... It was meant to finish the month before.

What is getting me is how bad my skin is. I have deep clusters of spots all over my face and they are so painful. Using la Roche posay effeclar and not really doing much. Going to try a facial next week to see if it can take down the inflammation a bit. It first started around 20 weeks with my son, and then cleared but a couple of weeks after labour, then came back when I weaned him and started to clear until I fell pregnant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

INSOMNIA!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Love2love wrote: »
    INSOMNIA!!!!

Yep :mad:
    I know this baby likes to kick, but come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

35 weeks and spraining your ankle sucks :(
    Had to cancel the antenatal class because I can't walk and they are booked up for the next two months. I'm so fed up with all of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Heartburn...Bloody heartburn! My diet is 90% gaviscon, just looking at food hurts :-( :-(

LirW wrote: »
    35 weeks and spraining your ankle sucks :(
    Had to cancel the antenatal class because I can't walk and they are booked up for the next two months. I'm so fed up with all of this.

Broke my foot at 18 weeks...on crutches for 4 weeks. Very tiring. Could u get lift to course. .I managed to get things done as I had to

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sleepymissymoo

Standing on public transport in and out of work!!
    Just hitting 3rd trimester now and dreading the next couple of months, even tho my journey is only 15 mins, still it's getting uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tinylion

Pregnancy clothes shopping is so horrible. Most of the shops here stopped selling them in store and i was close to a meltdown trying to find pregnancy pants :( and why dont they have pockets and are only available with super super skinny, super skinny or still tight legs??? Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tinylion

Pregnancy clothes shopping is so horrible. Most of the shops here stopped selling them in store and i was close to a meltdown trying to find pregnancy pants :( and why dont they have pockets and are only available with super super skinny, super skinny or still tight legs??? Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Tinylion wrote: »

Try H&M, I got bootcut jeans which are really comfy and werent too dear either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lambchops0

Pregnancy clothes are a mess. I have given in to just wearing maternity leggings and dresses as it is so much more comfortable.

If you have not tried over the bump leggings you have not lived yet.

Lambchops0 wrote: »
    Pregnancy clothes are a mess. I have given in to just wearing maternity leggings and dresses as it is so much more comfortable.

If you have not tried over the bump leggings you have not lived yet.

I had my baby three weeks ago and am still wearing them! So much more comfy than normal leggings and no pulling-up to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Freudiangirl32

I am 27 weeks pregnant with number 3. Have an annoying itch for past 3 weeks - had blood test at last hospital appointment but heard nothing back yet. It is driving me mad- no rash but constant itch in my feet and hands. Once I start itching I can't stop. ..went to bed at 10pm am awake itching since. ...just got up...driving me mental.
    Am itching so much I am scratching myself til I bleed...

Thinking about trip to gp might be necessary.
    Worn out from itching - can't go on like this for another 3 months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am 27 weeks pregnant with number 3. Have an annoying itch for past 3 weeks - had blood test at last hospital appointment but heard nothing back yet. It is driving me mad- no rash but constant itch in my feet and hands. Once I start itching I can't stop. ..went to bed at 10pm am awake itching since. ...just got up...driving me mental.

Oh no ,you poor thing :(
    Go straight to your GP ,that isn't good .
    It could be caused by anything but hopefully GP can give you something for it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Definitely go to hospital or GP (preferably whoever is looking after antenatal care. Those are classic cholestasis symptoms.

fits wrote: »
    Definitely go to hospital or GP (preferably whoever is looking after antenatal care. Those are classic cholestasis symptoms.

Had a blood test last week at antenatal check.up but got no call re blood results so am presuming its OK. ..trying not to.itch ..even the shower makes me itchy. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Had a blood test last week at antenatal check.up but got no call re blood results so am presuming its OK. ..trying not to.itch ..even the shower makes me itchy. ..

Please go back. Your blood sample may have been missed or lost. An itch in pregnancy needs to be treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Getting weary with nausea / indigestion / crap appetite / general lack of enjoyment in food. Feel crap if I don't eat, feel crap after I do eat. Every day struggling to pick something to eat as little appeals. Hopefully it's a first trimester thing and eases soon. 11 wks on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

73trix wrote: »
    Getting weary with nausea / indigestion / crap appetite / general lack of enjoyment in food. Feel crap if I don't eat, feel crap after I do eat. Every day struggling to pick something to eat as little appeals. Hopefully it's a first trimester thing and eases soon. 11 wks on Friday.

More than likely. This was me up to about 12 weeks. It's awful. I use to wish for proper morning sickness just for relief! 2nd trimester was much much easier

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Please go back. Your blood sample may have been missed or lost. An itch in pregnancy needs to be treated.

Thanks. Will make appointment for later in week . Feeling really off form and out of sorts. Everything is getting to me. Itch is more a tingle at min

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Thanks. Will make appointment for later in week . Feeling really off form and out of sorts. Everything is getting to me. Itch is more a tingle at min

Make an appointment sooner. Tomorrow morning. I don't want to alarm you but itching can be a sign of a very serious condition called cholestatis and should not be ignored. Itching can also be nothing but it's not worth the risk.

a persistent itch on your hands and feet needs to be addressed sooner than later in the week.

^^ crossed posts with Anne but yes, exactly what she said. Would you not just ring your maternity ward now?

• Advertisement

Make an appointment sooner. Tomorrow morning. I don't want to alarm you but itching can be a sign of a very serious condition called cholestatis and should not be ignored. Itching can also be nothing but it's not worth the risk.

I had blood test in Cumh last Monday the 20th Feb and heard nothing so presuming they would have rang if anything showed up

Advertisement