Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bmmck

thanks everyone, this is my third week out of work sick so hopefully when I turn 12 weeks this week it will be all over and I can go back next week because I am going mad at home. I dont feel as bad as I did 2 weeks ago but then some days I do, im trying to walk 3 miles a day just to keep active and fit and its supposed to help you sleep better and I want to enroll in some aqua aerobics and do some yoga in sept, I spent nearly a week in bed 2 weeks ago and im never doing that again, I have not announced the pregnancy yet, im going to wait till I cant hide it anymore because then the time wont seem as long maybe, next Feb seems like a lifetime away. thanks shaylee and how strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 smaaaa

im 20weeks on fri 9(due xmas eve)so i told my my mam im five months on fri
    but she added i have 5months left so couldnt be IM CONFUSED am i five months on fri?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'm just a day ahead of you and had this very conversation with the hubby last night! The pregnancy is 40 weeks long, so if you just divide by 4 weeks to get the months you end up with 10 months. Thats why you're calculating 5 months left.
    No idea what you tell people months-wise at the moment, I just say 20 weeks.

At least we're halfway there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

According to my copy of 'What to Expect when you're Expecting'

month 1: week 1-4
    month 2: week 5-8
    month 3: week 9-13
    month 4: week 14-17
    month 5: week 18-22
    month 6: week 23-27
    month 7: week 28-31
    month 8: week 32-25
    month 9: week 36-40

I'm at 16+4 today so not that far behind the two of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 smaaaa

:D ah i see
    that makes me feel better thanks
    altho im delighted im getting nearer im stressing more about the size im getting terribly vein is that:) no slating ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shaylee

So I am 6 months then.. I am 23 weeks.... I feel like 11 months lol... That bloated feeling has come back to haunt me.. :eek:

Best of Luck bmmck.. x

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

When does the 3rd trimester start? Is it week 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

According to lonestargirls post the 3rd trimester would start on wk 28

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I am in pain....every day, not bad pain just pain, sciatica is the worse ache in the world and nothing helps it.

Atleast everyone I have asked says it disappeared just after birth. The way things are going labour will be a relief from sciatica!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

four days to my due date and im so very very tired and irritated my knees are sore im sick of not sleeping properly sick of being this big sick of my skin being in bits sick of going up and down the stairs to the toilet and not being able to pee sick of going to the hospital every two days due to high blood pressure, protein in my urine and swelling of my feet and fingers im terrified of labour but just want it all over and done with :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

edellc just keep thinking you'll shortly have a little baba and be smitten. Hopefully very shortly.

thanks barbiegirl was just having a bad day and feeling sorry for myself :)
    went to bed very late last nite and slept in very late so that was good in the hospital again tomorrow im such a regular now they know me by my name hahaha eating loads of spicy foods as i dont think baba wants to meet me just yet he seems very comfortable where he is and want it all to happen naturally as i dont want to be induced hospital keep talking to me about it dont want an epidural tbh scary want the whole earth mother experience and if they break your water then your body ends up having to catch up with contractions so you end up needing the epidural which is not what i want to happen so fingers crossed the spicy food do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

im going in to be induced tomorrow evening i'll be 37 weeks! cant believe how quick the past 3 weeks have gone i've had hospital visits every 2nd day so between them and trying to get organised its just flew in. im excited for baby but a lil sad today its my last full day with my 2 yr old the thoughts of been away from her the most i've ever been seperated from her is 1 night. with everything been so manic last few weeks i dont feel like i got to enjoy my last few weeks with just her. hope she doesnt feel

I am eight weeks pregnant with my first child and I would like to moan about food aversions. I'm starving half the time but there does not seem to be a single food on earth that is even vaguely appetising. And whatever I can manage to eat today is not the same thing I was able to eat yesterday so it's impossible to keep the right foods stocked up. So frustrating!! :(

And while I'm at it, can I just say that smells are driving my crazy. Everything my husband cooks or eats makes me want to throw up. Luckily I haven't actually gotten sick yet but I end up stood over the toilet bowl retching several times a day. I can't wait for the first trimester to be over. I thought I would be full of the miracle of life for the whole nine months but to be honest I think I might hate being pregnant.

That's my moan! Good to be able to say it to someone other than my poor husband! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lol

17 weeks with my 2nd and the thoughts of eating most things are enough to make me nauseous not sick too much this time though:)

Crackers are my usual dinner,my 19 month old is now addicted to cream crackers cause it is mostly all she sees me eating:)

Ribena and fruit pastilles are the 2 things I manage to like despite everything,typical!!

Cuddles, poor you. You've just reminded me about how crap I felt for 5 weeks. I felt exactly as you described.

In my case crackers were a life saver for nibbling on. Try to eat something bland like that throughout the day as I found being hungry amplified the sickness.

I found hb vanilla icecream very good at night time and my dinner consisted of either mashed potatoes or oven chips until 12 weeks. My poor husband us actually run down from eating the same limited bland diet as me.

I still can't bear the smell of lamb and I'm iffy around chicken and beef too.

I'm 16 weeks now so believe me you'll feel human again very soon. For me I just felt instantly better on wk12. It's hard to believe that right now but soon you'll be full of energy again, you'll be able to eat in a restaurant again and you'll actually be really excited about the little babs growing inside you.

I found having an early scan at 10weeks helped me alot. You can cope with all the side effects more easily once you see that little heartbeat for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I am beginning to feel I am the only woman in the universe who HATES being pregnant! :(

I'm 20+ weeks (due dec 19th) and feel like crap
    I'm tired constantly, my clothes stopped fitting me weeks ago, with the amount of weight i've already gained I'll be a beached whale by December :(

I just feel rotten & in bad form all the time

This will be no. 2 (and definitely the last time) our daughter is just turned 9 and was intended to be an only child!

Its not that I resent being pregnant its just that this pregnancy is 1000 times worse than last time (and I know that could be cos i'm alot older) but I feel rotten I can't eat proper meals at all cos I feel bloated after about 5 mouthfuls so i keep snacking (having small meals) during the day instead of the usual 3 (hence the weight gain)

I'm STILL exhausted I just want this to be over
    :(

I feel like crap aswel Angelfire9.. My skin is in bits, I'm breaking out in spots all over my chin.. I can't stop eating crap.. I'm not sleeping well, and it doesn't help that my OH keeps snoring and elbowing me in his sleep :rolleyes:

I'm so tired of watching all my friends go out on Saturday nights all dolled up while I sit in getting fatter.. I know it will all be worth it in the end but it's a long long 9 months.. I'm going on Holidays next week and I'm dreading it cause I know I'll feel like sh1t in a bathing suit.. and I won't even be able to enjoy a drink in the evening times.. Roll on December !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

xzanti wrote: »
    I feel like crap aswel Angelfire9.. My skin is in bits, I'm breaking out in spots all over my chin.. I can't stop eating crap.. I'm not sleeping well, and it doesn't help that my OH keeps snoring and elbowing me in his sleep :rolleyes:

I'm so tired of watching all my friends go out on Saturday nights all dolled up while I sit in getting fatter.. I know it will all be worth it in the end but it's a long long 9 months.. I'm going on Holidays next week and I'm dreading it cause I know I'll feel like sh1t in a bathing suit.. and I won't even be able to enjoy a drink in the evening times.. Roll on December !!!!!!

I feel a bit better now I was beginning to think I was a bit of a freak cos i just amn't one of those pregnant women who "blooms" during pregnancy!

Only 17 weeks left thank god!!:rolleyes:

so i had baby jack on sunday morning at 6.09 was induced at 11.15am on saturday was a hard long labour and still in shock from it but baba is here and home and we are both well and safe
    he was 8lbs 3 pounds with a head full of brown hair will post pics soon
    cant thank the midwife enough and the doctor :)

• Advertisement

Congrats edellc :D well done X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shaylee

Congrats edellc. Welcome to the world mini edellc. xx:D

Couldn't understand why women in the late stages of pregnancy were so ratty until NOW. I am 36 weeks on Sunday and I've had had enough. I can't sleep on my back / front / right! Can't drive cause I have my little one's butt sticking into my diaphragm. Can't eat more than 1/2 a plate of food....same reason. Too tired to do anything after work except sleep. Can't walk with sciatica.

Think that's it.
    The possibility of 8 more weeks of this is just too bad to contemplate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

congrats edellc:))

wmpdd3 - the last weeks are the worst!I had my girl had 38 weeks and the impatience had well set in by then!!
    19 weeks now,bump is coming along nicely,the idea of most food is enough to put me off eating and could sleep forever.
    SIckeness isn't too bad now but permanently nauseaus.
    I love being pregnant and having a bump but hate the tiredness and sickness.

I see how much it is worth every time I look at my gorgeous daughter though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm just dying for a moan. I'm only 7 weeks pregnant but I am constantly nauseous and the thoughts of at least another 5 weeks of this is really getting me down. I never relished the idea of getting pregnant, but I never realised how awful the first trimester would be. I was just dreading the being as big as a small house etc. If I could sleep off the first 12 weeks I would. Thank God there is a moaning thread here. I hate crackers!!

My advice is: DO SLEEP, you may as well. Atleast you won't be sick when you asleep!

Try not to ever have an empty stomach, I know that's hard when you can't eat but that's the way it works!

Atleast the feeling at 12 weeks (or 14 weeks in my case) when the sickness disappears is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    My advice is: DO SLEEP, you may as well. Atleast you won't be sick when you asleep!

Try not to ever have an empty stomach, I know that's hard when you can't eat but that's the way it works!

Atleast the feeling at 12 weeks (or 14 weeks in my case) when the sickness disappears is amazing!

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately these next few weeks I have a lot on so between work and studying, sleep is not an option. Mind you I dont actually feel like doing any study when I am nauseous. The good news is I didn't feel so bad today so maybe if its 6 days on and one day off I'll be able to tolerate it. The idea of it lasting (minimum) 5 more weeks is enough to drive over the edge. So just taking a day at a time. I have to keep telling myself, I'm not the first person to ever have done this before!

m2b2 the 1st trimester is tough going. I felt like crap for most of it and thought it would never end. It was such an anti-climatic start to my pregnancy and I just didn't want to think about it let alone talk about it.

However I promise you it gets better. I'm 19wks on Friday and I'm so full of energy and feel great. From 10 weeks I started to feel slightly better and once
    I hit 12 week there was an instant change.

It's certainly tough for you now but definitely take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Get plenty of rest and snack during the day as it helps the nausea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mum2be

Hi, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and wondering if it's normal to have a huge belly in the afternoon/evening but to have none in the morning? I feel like a whale in the evening and look really pregnant but t.g. it's gone in the morning or i'd have to tell people about it.
    Trying really hard to keep food down and am so tired. I guess it's not too bad reading what others are going through. just looking forward to having more energy soon.
    :)

• Advertisement

Yep, massive belly in the morning nothing in the night. Different to usual where you usually wake up like a supermodel and have a pouch after breakfast. I have no idea why but I had this up until 20 weeks, that was it, that was my bump!

You will have a little more energy soon, when you go to your doc ask about iron tablets, you'll feel a bit better by then so hopefully you'll be able to keep them down. They do work, once the 1st trimester tiredness is over.

Advertisement