Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Freudiangirl32

Lucyfur wrote: »
    ^^ crossed posts with Anne but yes, exactly what she said. Would you not just ring your maternity ward now?

Thing is itch isn't as bad as it was on Sunday. .
    Lasted over 8.hours Sunday night. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

I had blood test in Cumh last Monday the 20th Feb and heard nothing so presuming they would have rang if anything showed up

Never presume. Your test could have been lost/not filed. I would always ring to confirm nothing showed up. Look it's up to you what you do. I'm just telling you the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

The risks of cholestatis is to your baby. I certainly wouldn't ignore it or delay it. And even if it's nothing it isn't time wasted to get it checked. But as Anne said, it's your call. Maternity units operate 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thing is itch isn't as bad as it was on Sunday. .
    Lasted over 8.hours Sunday night. ..

Seriously. I'm not trying to scare you but there can be very serious consequences to this condition for you and baby, ring maternity A&E tomorrow!

Dolbert wrote: »
    Seriously. I'm not trying to scare you but there can be very serious consequences to this condition for you and baby, ring maternity A&E tomorrow!

Rang hospital - bloods came back normal no need for alarm. I explained symptoms to midwife.
    Have to go back for repeat bloods next Monday and if any reduced movements for baby, worse itch or feeling unwell, to go to maternity a &e.

Thanks for all your advise

• Advertisement

Hi all, stressed to max..being punished by oh for.giving our about him disturbing me and waking me for day when he comes.to.bed at 3/4 am. Was told I don't deserve his support over this.
    He also gave out to me for getting up.at 8 am with our other kids at weekend.
    Have called him a few choice words to his face tonight.

Added to this , have been advised to stay on psych meds until baby is born rather than.come.off.at 36 weeks. This is not sitting well in my thinking. Fearful of baby getting withdrawals. Asked his advice and was told.to do what I think is right. .as if he has no say.

Really off form past few days just feeling off with a weird Stitch.like pain in bump and a heaviness..so do.not need this stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Insomnia and 10 overdue... Worst combination ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Have just realised that work are scheduling me for every Thursday off next month. Not a bad thing as such but my antenatal appointments happen to fall on Thursdays both at the doctor & the hospital so, by scheduling me to be off on the Thursday, they avoid having to pay me while I'm at my antenatal appointments! Very very shneaky...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Sorry for.complaining yet again and apologies if tmi... Going mad here...constant tigtenings taking breath awayand pressure in my back and bum since 7pm....
    Timing pains but not regular as in could be 3 mins, 6 mins and then a half hour break.... Hurts to do anything be it lying down sitting peeing walking..... Feels like baby is just leaning down so.bad . so much pressure. Panadil.useless.... Have a pain in my neck and head from pressure....

Am only 35 weeks today.... This hassle can't go on for weeks.... Been having pains and checked on Thursday but nothing happening.

Added to this a partner who is claiming I am.not nicest to be around at minute and why would he want to help me if I am not nice to be around?

Despite me being a practically single parent to our kids running house, appointments , school etc... past few 3.5 weeks due to his mother being in hospital and looking like at least another week with possibility of her needing more care when she comes out.

Aaargh... Roll on baby coming sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Have just realised that work are scheduling me for every Thursday off next month. Not a bad thing as such but my antenatal appointments happen to fall on Thursdays both at the doctor & the hospital so, by scheduling me to be off on the Thursday, they avoid having to pay me while I'm at my antenatal appointments! Very very shneaky...

Are they allowed do that? I had my booking appointment last week and just by chance they scheduled me for my days off- its about 4 appointments. I may need to leave an hour early to attend the breastfeeding class but thats it. I am expecting another 2/ 3 appointments in the post so hopefully they will fall on work days to give me a bit of a break. I am exhausted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Are they allowed do that? I had my booking appointment last week and just by chance they scheduled me for my days off- its about 4 appointments. I may need to leave an hour early to attend the breastfeeding class but thats it. I am expecting another 2/ 3 appointments in the post so hopefully they will fall on work days to give me a bit of a break. I am exhausted!

I don't work a 9-5/Mon-Fri job so the schedule is based around "the needs of the business". I'm guessing there's nothing legally to stop them doing it, it's just really sly of them. It sounds bad but I had a better experience my last pregnancy when the team was a mixture of men & women. This time around it's all women and the level of bitching and back-stabbing and pettiness is depressing. I can't wait to be done with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Pregnancy insomnia... Every night.. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Same! Been happening since before I even knew I was pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Practice for the 2/3/4am feed?. Lol. I'm sitting here at the side of my bed doing the 4am feed and expressing for the 12pm one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

God that's one thing I definitely don't miss about pregnancy! Such torture :(
    And if you're like I was you finally fall asleep about half an hour before you need to get up!

sillysocks wrote: »
    And if you're like I was you finally fall asleep about half an hour before you need to get up!

I'm falling asleep between 5.30 and 6.00 and when my OH gets up at 7.30 I'm exhausted and could sleep for hours. It is so frustrating!

A big problem for me is acid reflux. When I lie down it's worse and I have lots of mini sick floating up and down into my mouth. When I get up to try throw up it stops 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

It's the worst! I'm an insomniac anyway but last night was particularly bad. Took forever to fall asleep. Got up to pee at 2:40 and was awake til around 5, alarm at 6:20. I don't even like coffee to help me through the day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'm falling asleep between 5.30 and 6.00 and when my OH gets up at 7.30 I'm exhausted and could sleep for hours. It is so frustrating!

A big problem for me is acid reflux. When I lie down it's worse and I have lots of mini sick floating up and down into my mouth. When I get up to try throw up it stops ��

I had some of that too, mostly just heartburn though and used to sleep with a bottle of Gaviscon beside my bed. Any measurements went out the window and I'd just drink straight from the bottle!

I used to end up downstairs watching to at all hours cause I was too frustrated to just lie in bed awake for so long. I'd fall asleep on the couch then a couple of hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

A big problem for me is acid reflux. When I lie down it's worse and I have lots of mini sick floating up and down into my mouth. When I get up to try throw up it stops ��

I had this problem my doctor gave me I think there called Gertac, I take one every evening around 8pm and I haven't any trouble sleeping since(apart from the multiple trips to the bathroom). Before it use to feel like lava was coming up my neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I had this problem my doctor gave me I think there called Gertac, I take one every evening around 8pm and I haven't any trouble sleeping since(apart from the multiple trips to the bathroom). Before it use to feel like lava was coming up my neck.

Me too! The gavsicon stopped working after a while so I took ranitidine from the doctor which was better.

Now just a distant memory!

• Advertisement

I went back to the doctor and got a prescription for Omeprazole and it has been working a treat!

One before bed with Gaviscon Pro throughout the day and I'm living a reflux free life again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Ugh, 39+2 and up with bad heart burn tonight. Trying to avoid anti acids as my iron went severely low last time. Thank crunchie it's only been going on a few weeks and not from the third trimester like with my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Leg cramps have returned with a vengeance exactly on night 1 of 3Rd Trimester! Had them last time and they are torture!

Due tomorrow and insomnia tonight, can't wait to have this baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Due tomorrow and insomnia tonight, can't wait to have this baby!

Aw, best of luck COGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Sleeping in the spare room after a rough few nights with our non sleeping toddler, snuggled in the freshly washed bedclothes, pillows & duvet (nesting much?!) for a beautiful night's sleep. Awake for the last hour with heartburn and indigestion :( Not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Sleeping has been a disaster for me too. It's too hot, I need too many pillows and the dreams/ nightmares are shocking.

Sleeping in the spare room after a rough few nights with our non sleeping toddler, snuggled in the freshly washed bedclothes, pillows & duvet (nesting much?!) for a beautiful night's sleep. Awake for the last hour with heartburn and indigestion :( Not cool.

Same here, was up from 2-4 last night with heartburn, toddler woke 6:30 and had to get hubby to take him downstairs so I could finally sleep. 40+4 today and want baby out!

Yes horrible nightmares here too Loveinapril.

I got back to sleep at 6, woken by toddler at 8 but am still in bed while they have some daddy/son bonding time prepping dinner

Ooh comeongethappy at least you're nearly there! No more heartburn soon :)

• Advertisement

I never encountered this with my first pregnancy, I'm 28 weeks and wearing clothes is driving me insane! Yesterday I wore a floaty dress and bare legs and was so comfy, but it won't be warm enough for that for much longer. Tights sound horrific when I can barely tolerate loose pants because of the waistband which is kind of required to hold them up. I've resorted to wearing my husband's tshirt in public today because I just can't be dealing with even wearing one of my loose shirts.

I'm not even very big, just a small bump and minor minor swelling in my legs, everything touching me is just so uncomfortable!

Advertisement