Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I didn't bloom the last time and I doubt I will this time!! I have a bad cold, I'm exhausted, spotty, cold sores, nauseous, and I'm only 5-6 weeks!! I'm hoping most of it is my illness not pregnancy and I bounce back to life soon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It's your second Beanybabog, am I right?I found my second tough.Mainly due to the presence of my first.....there was no blooming or bouncing back throughout!!Although looking at photos afterwards, I had more bloating on my first late in the pregnancy....my face looked way thinner late in my second pregnancy.

Just over 8 weeks here, still crossing my fingers.But really, it's just nausea, nausea, nausea.Anything with fat, anything rich or tasty....I can't eat it.I'm down to making sure I have low fat milk with everything (full fat is not going down well), haven't had chocolate in ages and I can tolerate Bourbon cream biscuits and that's about it!Given my choice I would live on toast and cornflakes but unfortunately with two small people demanding food that is not an option.Cooking dinner in the evenings while trying not to gag is the most traumatic time of day.Oddly enough grapes and Coca Cola work wonders for easing it.It was much less strong on my last two pregnancies, so I'm wondering is this age or possibly a different gender baby!!! (I have two the same already!)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I found coca cola brilliant for combating morning sickness and when I mentioned it to the midwife, she said apparently a lot of women find coke in particular to be great. I suppose it's a case of not going nuts and drinking loads because of the sugar and caffeine.

I think I might have a tummy bug. Spent the whole night up getting sick and still getting sick now even though there's nothing left. Can't even keep water down. Usually I'd take Stemetil to stop the vomiting but it's contra indicated for preggos so I reckon I'll have to wait this out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's actually not *that* much caffeine in Coke - 32mg in a 330ml can. As long as you're not drinking gallons it's fine! I've found this time that after getting off a crowded train to work I'm too hot to want tea or coffee in the morning so a sneaky can of Coke or Coke Zero most mornings has been happening...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Haha!I couldn't stomach Coke at that time of day!No I only just want a taste of it, a very small half glass and no more....that does me fine.It's not something I've had a desire for before but I just felt awful last week and something in me knew that if I had Coke it would settle.And it did!!It's not happening too often thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

Toots wrote: »
    Usually I'd take Stemetil to stop the vomiting but it's contra indicated for preggos so I reckon I'll have to wait this out :(

I sure hope it's not contra indicated in pregnancy considering I was prescribed it for hyperemesis and took it from 6-21 weeks!!

I too found coke brilliant when I was sick. There were times when it was absolutely the only thing I could keep down. It really helps settle the stomach, I found it really helped when I had a vomiting bug last year too.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I sure hope it's not contra indicated in pregnancy considering I was prescribed it for hyperemesis and took it from 6-21 weeks!!

I too found coke brilliant when I was sick. There were times when it was absolutely the only thing I could keep down. It really helps settle the stomach, I found it really helped when I had a vomiting bug last year too.

What??? My hubby asked the pharmacist this morning and he said no! Feck that, I'm ringing the doctor! Last time I had it I was too sick to go down so they faxed a prescription to the chemist for me. Hopefully they will do that again.

I wonder what it is with coke that makes it so good at getting rid of nausea. My husband's uncle has a Musgraves card so we were able to get a couple of slabs of cans which got me through the first trimester:pac:

Bought myself a pack of mini cans this morning.
    For emergency nausea relief :-)

I know it can be good for sick stomachs too, much like flat 7-up.No clue why, but if it works, I'll run with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had a can of coke every single day when I was pregnant. Congrats beanybabog!

I think one or two a day is grand, although I'm trying to watch my sugar intake at the mo cos I'm terrified of ending up with GD. My SIL is a huge coke addict (the drink, not the drug :pac:) and before she got pregnant she would drink a 2 litre bottle plus several cans a day. She tried to give it up when pregnant but couldnt. Apparently she mentioned it one day in the hospital and her midwife nearly had a heart attack :pac:

• Advertisement

Thankfully i just have it on an as-needed basis, and I don't feel I need it everyday.But it IS quite addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I had stemetil injections several times while pregnant :)

Ive had them while not pregnant, and then i had tablets as well. Thankfully the puking has stopped, but after talking to my GP he confirmed that the pharmacist was mistaken and it's ok for me to take them. That coukd have been an unpleasant afternoon avoided. Hubby arrived home from work with a can of cold coke, so I'm sipping that and tis heavenly!

It's been a long day.I'm getting bits of spotting, very intermittently.For my pregnancies, this is normal, however it doesn't reduce the stress every time I go to the toilet....(TMI). I have been scanned early and everything looked fine. I also seem to have been having a lot of stretching and have spent most the day aching around my hips and back.I remember this from before, whem sitting for long periods at my desk.But the aches combined with the spotting and the fact that it's still quite early, I'm just plain anxious.Right now, I just want to get to the 12/13 week mark with everything ok, then take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

I hate the train, I hate the heat, the stuffiness, how crowded it is, the near fainting. I hate how people are so oblivious to clearly pregnant women even in priority seats. I had to sit on the ground with my knees up against my bump and two men in the priority seats just glanced at me then pretended to be asleep. I had no problems at all with standing until now but I'm into the final two months and am scared I'll keel over or faint. I even hate people having to give up their seat for me in the first place when they do, it makes me feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mojesius wrote: »
    I hate the train, I hate the heat, the stuffiness, how crowded it is, the near fainting. I hate how people are so oblivious to clearly pregnant women even in priority seats. I had to sit on the ground with my knees up against my bump and two men in the priority seats just glanced at me then pretended to be asleep. I had no problems at all with standing until now but I'm into the final two months and am scared I'll keel over or faint. I even hate people having to give up their seat for me in the first place when they do, it makes me feel bad.

Don't feel bad about asking! Public transport brings out the worst in people. Call them out when they're pretending to be asleep, a bit of public humiliation can work surprisingly well. Don't be afraid to ruffle a few feathers to get what you need.

Drop me a PM if you want a TfL Baby on Board badge btw, I have a spare.

Source: 2nd pregnancy with a zone 2-1 commute in London, I literally give no fcuks at this stage.

I had this on my second pregnancy.Finished work at 35 weeks (signed off by doctor) because of the stress of it.Didn't even have to ask the midwife, she took one look at me at the 34 week appointment and made the decision for me.People were unbelievably ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

When people look and realise yet ignore but I get so made I SUBTLY make it obvious pregnant and I may humiliate them if I'm feeling rotten. There is no excuse. I have been on crutches previously and people didn't get up either. I've a very short fuse for it and if needs be I'll ask.

If people offer you a seat don't feel bad. Some have been on your situation or some know they may be. I always gave my seat up before and have given it up recently if they were more pregnant. A lady offered me today and I actually declined cause I felt OK and she insisted. I'm a strong karma believer so those who give it up will get offered again :)

Good luck. X

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Shame on those people.. Id nearly go sit on their lap or wouldn't you love to squirt some water out of a bottle or something and pretend you just weed a bit, get them moving off that chair wouldn't it.. I think tis people in general are getting slowly but surely ruder and I dare say it stupider, they aren't thinking...You are for that seat the next time and take it, and don't be feeling anyway sorry for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I'm 29 weeks and sore all over, pelvic girdle sucks. My feet don't look like feet they are swollen and bending is nearly impossible. I took two days off work because the midwife asked me to and felt better yesterday. Today same craic again. Exhausted and so over this pregnancy. Baby has been quiet with movements too so that's not even a distraction. Then I have the Luas to contend with :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

*rant*

I'm not sleeping, my back is killing me, I can barely walk and even sitting is painful. Still have two and a half weeks left in work and feel like crying ever morning just trying to get dressed because it hurts and takes so much energy to put on my shoes!

That and I seem to have a foot or hand lodged in to my side which is driving me even more demented.

*rant over*

I feel about 4% better after that at least.....

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

figrolls wrote: »
    *rant*

I'm not sleeping, my back is killing me, I can barely walk and even sitting is painful. Still have two and a half weeks left in work and feel like crying ever morning just trying to get dressed because it hurts and takes so much energy to put on my shoes!

That and I seem to have a foot or hand lodged in to my side which is driving me even more demented.

*rant over*

I feel about 4% better after that at least.....

Plan something nice today for yourself. Buy fancy bath stuff, get a friend to go for lunch to your favourite place, even get your favourite takeaway. G'wan,treat yourself :)

How big is big for the swelling of the feet.. The doc was suppose to check mine the last minute but never did in the end.. They are fairly big now... week and a bit to go... On the plus side tis Toy Show night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Milly I'm suffering a bit too from swollen feet. Can you put them up high when you are sitting down? My right ankle was fairly swollen when I woke up this morning but has gone down a bit thankfully.
    I'd def keep an eye on them as you don't want them getting too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Milly I'm suffering a bit too from swollen feet. Can you put them up high when you are sitting down? My right ankle was fairly swollen when I woke up this morning but has gone down a bit thankfully.
    I'd def keep an eye on them as you don't want them getting too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Milly the concern would be if the swelling was sudden or very severe, if in doubt contact the maternity department you're attending and get blood pressure checked out. Might just be standard pregnancy swelling, uncomfortable and not pretty but not worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

My blood pressure was high the last day so they were checking my ankles and one was quite swollen, they said only to worry if they suddenly became very swollen or my calves/ ankles were sore and tender to touch. I asked about the whole keeping them elevated thing and the midwife said the real trick it to make sure you’re not crossing your legs

I put them up all today so they are a little better but not by much. I'm now goggling images of bad feet :) they remind me of my nans... I was at the doc Wens so had the blood pressure done then she said twas grand..Tis the same really it has only happened the last week and a bit.. Might see tomorrow if we are passing the docs to take a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Pregnancy is such a magical time. My 3 year old has a tummy bug, and he woke up vomiting at 11pm. I rushed off with him to clean him up when he puked all over me. I then had to hand him over to his father so I could run off to vomit, whereupon I wet myself. FML

• Advertisement

Oh no!! :) Hope ye both feel better soon. Maybe run away or well walk like a little fast and leave the hubby at home with the kids for a it.. Was laughing the last day tidying up too, I sneezed and peed I was like noooooooooo!! haha it wasn't even that big a sneeze

Advertisement