Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Had really hoped to have natural delivery this time after needing emergency section for last baby. Section scheduled today for 11th January 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oi Gap, stop sitting on my jeans order and get it delivered. I'm down to two functioning pairs of maternity jeans and these fcukers have been sitting on my order in "Pending Shipment" for over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Oi Gap, stop sitting on my jeans order and get it delivered. I'm down to two functioning pairs of maternity jeans and these fcukers have been sitting on my order in "Pending Shipment" for over a week.

I have an order with Gap and have the same problem. They have dispatched one item out of the three and the order was made over a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

My back hurts.
    My head hurts.
    My child won't sleep.
    Christmas is a pain in the arse.
    I need a holiday. Or just nine hours sleep.

Waaaahhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

s4uv3 wrote: »
    My back hurts.
    My head hurts.
    My child won't sleep.
    Christmas is a pain in the arse.
    I need a holiday. Or just nine hours sleep.

Waaaahhhhhhhh

Ditto, I feel the same.
    9hours continuous sleep would be a Miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Smothering in a cold. Can't take anything for it. Wanted to slap the man working in the chemist that told me I would have to "just ride it out". Oh sure thanks, being 30 weeks pregnant and dealing with everything on top of that, your advice makes me want to kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

michellie wrote: »
    Smothering in a cold. Can't take anything for it. Wanted to slap the man working in the chemist that told me I would have to "just ride it out". Oh sure thanks, being 30 weeks pregnant and dealing with everything on top of that, your advice makes me want to kill you.

You can take 1 paracetomal every 6 hours, max of 2 in 24 hours. You can also use vapour rub too. Had the same myself and gp and chemist told me they are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

er1983 wrote: »
    You can take 1 paracetomal every 6 hours, max of 2 in 24 hours. You can also use vapour rub too. Had the same myself and gp and chemist told me they are fine

It's max 6 in 24 hours I think. You can take 1 or 2 at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

paracetamol 1g can be taken every 4-6 hours with max 4g in 24 hours, it's safe in pregnancy
    1g is usually 2tablets, just check the packaging

Normal paracetomal is max 2 in 24 hours, gp and chemist told me this on both pregnancies. What's the other type of paracetamol? Never heard of it

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Normal paracetomal is max 2 in 24 hours, gp and chemist told me this on both pregnancies. What's the other type of paracetamol? Never heard of it

That link says it’s a max of 2 each time you take it and you should take the 2 tablets a max of 4 times in 24 hours ... so 8 tablets max in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Your link in the section that says what is recommended actually says what I have said above, 1-2 tablets, every 4-6 hours with max 4 doses in a day. This is the normal doses for any paracetamol.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Sorry but that's just incorrect. You've misread your own link

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please do not give out medical advice on this forum .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please inform yourself before making such statements and quoting medical professionals .
    Medical advice is not allowed to be given on this forum .

Please inform yourself before making such statements and quoting medical professionals .
    Medical advice is not allowed to be given on this forum .

Thanks guys, have been taking some paracetamol already. I wish I could sleep until I feel better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

Had to cancel a catch up with friends at one of their houses last minute yesterday as I got bad pelvic pain and it was hard to walk. Sent a message apologising and just went to bed...no word back from the hostess , think they're pissed off and I feel really guilty. Not making anymore plans until Jan :(

bee06 wrote: »
    That link says it’s a max of 2 each time you take it and you should take the 2 tablets a max of 4 times in 24 hours ... so 8 tablets max in 24 hours.

If you read the part where it says if pregnant, it states use the minimum dose

• Advertisement

Here.. same as gp and midwife advice . Don't take the normal dose

*last moderator warning *
    No more talk about medications and dosages or we will be handing out infractions

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

mojesius wrote: »
    Had to cancel a catch up with friends at one of their houses last minute yesterday as I got bad pelvic pain and it was hard to walk. Sent a message apologising and just went to bed...no word back from the hostess , think they're pissed off and I feel really guilty. Not making anymore plans until Jan :(

So many people just don't get it. Being pregnant isn't always the glowy, magical state that everyone thinks it is :rolleyes:
    I'm being pressured into going to a Christmas Party with around 20 men and I just couldn't be arsed. But of course I'll be seen as a dry****e if I dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

So many people just don't get it. Being pregnant isn't always the glowy, magical state that everyone thinks it is :rolleyes:
    I'm being pressured into going to a Christmas Party with around 20 men and I just couldn't be arsed. But of course I'll be seen as a dry****e if I dont.

It's probably terrible but when I see pregnant women now I think "god that poor woman" rather than "wow how amazing"! I felt my last few weeks on my last pregnancy so long and torturous!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I work with many men, and I haven't even made an excuse.Long past caring!!!!
    Admittedly many of the men I work with have young kids so they completely get it!!!

mojesius wrote: »

Sorry to hear they weren't being more supportive and didn't even reply to see how you were, that's awful.

shesty wrote: »
    I work with many men, and I haven't even made an excuse.Long past caring!!!!
    Admittedly many of the men I work with have young kids so they completely get it!!!

I am the only female in a workplace of all men, we had our work night out last weekend and it was actually lovely, I would have loved to have had a few drinks. I left early as the heart burn was setting in and 2 of them walked me out to my car. Blessed I work with a great bunch of lads! Lucky it wasn't this weekend as i haven't left the house all weekend feeling awful :(

Sorry to hear they weren't being more supportive and didn't even reply to see how you were, that's awful.

Thanks, yeah I was a bit taken aback by it and had a hormonal crying fit yesterday. Poor husband has been so fantastic with me, at least I have him and the dogs as my friends nowadays! :D Youngest dog was trying to cheer me up by bringing me his toys!

Honestly I think I had the so called 'glowing phase' for around 1-2 months of the pregnancy, the rest has been a struggle...as said earlier, people don't have a clue unless they've been pregnant themselves and been hit by the downsides.

I am the only female in a workplace of all men, we had our work night out last weekend and it was actually lovely, I would have loved to have had a few drinks. I left early as the heart burn was setting in and 2 of them walked me out to my car. Blessed I work with a great bunch of lads! Lucky it wasn't this weekend as i haven't left the house all weekend feeling awful :(

Nice colleagues to have, fair play to them. Hope you're feeling a bit better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Wheres my baby!! Week overdue now and I'm just like so angry today

Advertisement