Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Milly33 wrote: »
    Wheres my baby!! Week overdue now and I'm just like so angry today

Tis a vindaloo and a good shag you need! Well, I dunno about the vindaloo, but the midwife I saw when I was nearly due to have my first baby was a great advocate of sex as a way to get things started.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Any excuse for a good curry! I think my local Masala Zone knew me by name near the end with my son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha I was actually going to go for both last night! Only that I thought I might sleep... Tis the only thing we haven't tried yet...Ill be back

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Go for it!!Three course meal-curry or otherwise and some fun time with the OH😂
    On a totally unhelpful note, the baby is preparing you for exactly how much control you'll have when it arrives. ;-) Zero :-)
    But it will be worth it :-)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Any excuse for a good curry! I think my local Masala Zone knew me by name near the end with my son :)

Any excuse for a good shag!! I was telling the OH to make the most of it, cos no matter how quick you bounce after the birth, there'll still be a couple of weeks where the whole underpants region is completely off limits :pac:

Oh lord, all this talk of curries has me craving indian food right now

• Advertisement

I have been refeering to it as the netherworld for the last few weeks.. Just really hope tisnt too bad after childbirth... Hopefully it will be seen again :) Thanks for the giggle ladies.. Feel less angry now and I just scrubbed the house again, there will be nothing left of it, I'm already a cleaner and now tis just getting mad.

Personally, I found it not too bad. I had an episiotomy and needed quite a bit of stitching, but they gave me painkillers etc so while there was discomfort with things like going from sitting to standing, I was expecting it to be a lot worse.

Good thanks toots. I was always terrified of it and would be looking at ladies with just that " hell no" face on me, when they said you would be amazed at how all natural it all feels, and how after like with this, that you just handle it and it works out... Women are just gods that's all I can think of

Yeah, we're pretty great! :D Still crapping it for this time around though :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Toots wrote: »
    Any excuse for a good shag!! I was telling the OH to make the most of it, cos no matter how quick you bounce after the birth, there'll still be a couple of weeks where the whole underpants region is completely off limits :pac:

Oh lord, all this talk of curries has me craving indian food right now

A couple of weeks??Fair play to you toots, I was more in the region of a 'few' weeks!!!
    Also ya know....breastfeeding and sex....just felt a bit odd to me!
    😂
    It is ok afterwards Milly, you heal very quickly.How quickly you want to eh....let him back in there..is a personal thing for you and how you comfortable you feel with it though!

• Advertisement

:o Well, I think it was probably about 4 weeks or so. It was weird, because on one hand I really wanted to, but on the other hand I was terrified :pac: In fairness, I think the hubby was probably more scared than me.

Id say they would be scared too incase they hurt you...I was asked and I said a few weeks, he said months so I told him I would remind him of that..

In my haste to make a nice curry I ended up covered in curry powder haha stupid lid wasn't on the packet, laughed a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

It was 9 weeks for us. Tried it at 6 weeks PP and it was a big fat nope! Your mileage (and bruising) may vary :D

TBH it was like the first time all over again. Also, something nobody tells you is that you may not produce your own natural lubrication for a while (hormones etc) so you'll most likely need to use lube and be very gentle. It was a good while before we could do anything other than gentle missionary but definitely if you're uncomfortable don't rush it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I am constantly starving and all I want to do at any time is eat or think about what I might eat next. It's actually the biggest challenge I'm having with work; spending swathes of time contemplating when can I fit in fifteen minutes to have a sandwich I probably don't need but want desperately :o Awoken out of my sleep at half eleven to use the bathroom and two rich tea biscuits...!

Oh I hear you too... I'm mad for chicken nuggets from Mcie D's.. Was going over a plan in my head last night, of getting them before we go to the hospital if I went into labour.. I was horrified then when I thought feck are they a 24 hour McDonalds or not.. Must go check it out now...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lol, the thought of a labouring Maccy D's brings back memories... there's one across the road from my hospital and after being told "you're 3cm and in early labour, go eat something" with my son that's exactly where we went!

Jesus I'm craving McD as well! Must be the salt or something - it's the nuggets or a cheeseburger that I can't stop thinking about. :pac: I wonder what the midwives would say if we rocked up to admissions horsing down nuggets out of a paper bag!

I actually couldn't imagine anything worse than eating in labour.
    My 3cm dilation got me from emergency room up to delivery!!Maybe because it had been 2cm 20 mins before that.

On a side note.....if my three year old says 'mammmmyyyy' one more time...she has my head melted.

I couldn't eat either, I remember the hubby trying to coax some ready brek into me before we left for the hospital but I was nearly gagging on every spoonful.

• Advertisement

And they tell you to pack snacks.. I have milky ways (for some reason they get rid of headaches for me) and nature bars... Went out for a big spicy indian (the food) this evening hopefully that might kick start things.. Still want mcds

I packed snacks for my husband....
    It depends on how long your labours are I suppose.If I had an epidural maybe I would have been ok with eating but I didn't with either and they were on the short side, as labours go.So eating was out the window....I was in labour and that was all I was doing!
    Go for the McDs ;-) Send himself out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I made sandwiches for labour for my daughter ....we went in at 9am to be induced and they were too busy so we were sent home until 5pm !!! So we went home and ate the sandwiches :)

*moan time*

Ordered a new bed and mattress last month from Harvey Norman. The thing came at 7pm tonight, legs were broken, fabric on the corner scuffed, headboard missing bolts to be bolted on, clasp missing to keep the bed in 1 peice and not 2 peices and mattress stained with mud from the van.....disaster.

That sucks michellie! There was a thread in consumer issues recently enough where a guy brought a bed and dining table/chair from HN and they all arrived damaged. You'd think for the prices they charge they'd at least make sure the stuff got to you in one piece.

Toots wrote: »
    That sucks michellie! There was a thread in consumer issues recently enough where a guy brought a bed and dining table/chair from HN and they all arrived damaged. You'd think for the prices they charge they'd at least make sure the stuff got to you in one piece.

I could have dealt with one of those things wrong- it could have been fixed. but with everything wrong it was just a mess. And when we phoned the shop she gave us a dublin customer service number which closed 2 hours prior at 5. Hubby drove straight out to the shop and showed the manager the photos, manager was very apologetic and promised a new bed for tomorrow. Let's hope it works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This thread made me reminisce about my youngling in the womb and how I used to love talking to Mrs corms pregnant belly in the hope that he would hear my voice.

Now in his teens, I think he is back to not listening to me and just hearing a noise...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

My toddler is sick and i can't sleep in case he vomits.Tom
    And i completely broke one of my lovely fancy Christmas nails.
    Could only cope with the fact that I'm almost the size of a round bale because i had such pretty nails to distract me!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Ugh can't get back to sleep, 3rd night this week its happened, damn having to get up and pee at night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Guys I need your advice. Have had this ridiculous cold sore for about 3 days now. My boyfriend went to boots to pick something up for it and was told by the pharmacist in no uncertain terms was I to take anything for it. However, my pregnant friend also has one and is taking zovirax?! Any other pregnant ladies got some cold sore remedies I can use?

I'm confused by the pharmacists reaction, apparently there was some finger wagging going on :P from what I can see on zovirax's website, it says consult your doctor before using if you're pregnant, maybe she's right?!

Advertisement