Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I cannot wait to be able to do the following....
    Go for a walk without getting totally out of breath extremely quickly (not unfit just a weird breathless thing i get when pregnant).
    Carry stuff up and down the stairs without having to nag OH to do it all the time.
    Eat whatever the hell I want without thinking of how stuffed I will be afterwards or how much heartburn it will give me.
    Order a proper latte or cappucino, knowing it won't leave me wanting to puke for the next three hours.
    Expand my wardrobe choices purely because I can wear normal clothes again.
    Sleep on my front or my back if I want!!!!!
    Be able to hug and play with my kiddies without having to constantly protect my stomach and tell them to look out for it.(they like to be on me!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I havent stopped eating all day today - i'm insatiable haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh ive been eating like a horse.. Trying to get better by eating all the snacks and then moving onto the fruit, but still. I ate a six pack of Single finger now, timeouts the other day... And could have ate more..

Was all up for going out today, but jes by the time you are ready to go tis like feeding time again..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh ive been eating like a horse.. Trying to get better by eating all the snacks and then moving onto the fruit, but still. I ate a six pack of Single finger now, timeouts the other day... And could have ate more..

Was all up for going out today, but jes by the time you are ready to go tis like feeding time again..

Don’t forget all the extra calories you’re burning by breastfeeding Milly!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

That what I want to hear :) thanks Bee06... See there is a reason... I shall go eat some fruit now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Where do I start ?? Everyone in the world seems to be watching rugby including my OH. He’s gone out for. I do t begrudge it he works hard but god I’m lonely. So lonely.
    Also constipation and varicose veins ‘down there’ do not mix 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My hips hurt, my boobs hurt, I have to pee every hour, I can’t poo to save my life, i’m Sleeping badly, and I have seven more months of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m still spotting and cramping. And it’s driving me insane. And despite really wanting to watch the rugby and getting everyone sat down and lining up toddler nap so he was asleep, I fell asleep in the second half. Wtf body? Woke up for the end at least I suppose. 2 weeks to 12 weeks. This spotting will sod off at some stage right? Right??!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Fingers crossed.I just accepted it was a first trimester thing for me.No fun, but there you are.

I won't go into my weekend.It sucks so badly right now.I can't wait to get back to work on Tuesday.(words I never thought I'd say.Ever)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Bloody insomnia. Awake every single night from about 3/4 til 5/6. Fine at the weekends but really crap when up for work at 6.30. I used to use guided meditations to help me sleep but they just annoy me now! Hubby snoring soundly beside me doesn't help :P

• Advertisement

Stuck all weekend on my own, heavily pregnant with two small kids.And the f%&king snow starts again.I really just want to cry.
    40 weeks cannot come quick enough on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Oh Shesty that's crap :( I nearly cried when I saw the snow too, I didn't believe it would be back. Is there any family or friends nearby that you could ask to drop into you for a cuppa? Or even give a friend a ring, sometimes a good chat can lift us

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I'm at that point too shesty. We've picked up every single virus going during this never-ending winter and now it's fcuking snowing again. I've taken a ridiculous (for me) amount of sick leave already and now I'm pretty sure I have a chest infection. I've been coughing so violently that I managed to pull a muscle in my side yesterday so now I'm in agony as well. And of course the three year old is still sick too, so we're paying creche fees for nothing. I had some reduced movements last week which I had checked out, I'm blaming it on being so run down. Because of all this we're way behind on having anything ready for the baby :( I'm at the point of requesting to be signed off work and be done with it, which I feel bad about as they've been really understanding. And breathe!

I hear you.Am so fed up.sick to death of the winter, it's bloody never ending and every bug there can be is going around.Fed up with snotty noses, coughing at night and cranky small children.Can't get 30 sec to myself, kids all over me.They won't go out and I can barely bring them anywhere as it is, never mind in the snow.Irrationally afraid of an early labour or bleeding or something while OH is away.Am a thoroughly **** parent this weekend, I just want head space and adult time.Have another couple of short weeks left at work and then I am getting hospital to sign me off, because I just can't do this any more.

Sorry to any first time parents here.Parenting is so hard....the highs are unbelievable but the lows are so low.And as a mum you are generally at the bottom of the list.

However tomorrow is another day and OH will be back (says me, it's only 10:30am!!!!!)

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Oh Shesty that's crap :( I nearly cried when I saw the snow too, I didn't believe it would be back. Is there any family or friends nearby that you could ask to drop into you for a cuppa? Or even give a friend a ring, sometimes a good chat can lift us

Oh I'll be throwing myself at the mercy of my parents this afternoon!!!And will get out alright....have friends around but no.2 will need a nap soon, so staying put for the moment.Just having a bad morning, it happens.

Oh everyone’s having a rough time of it. Shesty you are not a bad mom don’t be silly. Its been a very tough period, particularly since the last snow. Chin up hunny!

Thanks girls. Just discovered OH isn't exactly enjoying himself either so, you know.....that helps....;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

F*cking haemorrhoids. :(

I survived.Topped off with a sick child last night.Called in sick to work today, left kids over in minder (she wasn't that sick) and will visit doctor later with them .Too tired to function, need a few hours without someone demanding something from me.And some sleep.

Purple lemons you are worse off than me. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

It's actually a bit of a relief to be able to click unfollow on this thread!!
    Have a two and half year old and a 9 week old so happy with my lot for the time being.
    I'd like to think I'll be back snooping in this thread again though!

Best of luck with your pregnancies x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I am so SICK AND TIRED of feeling SICK and TIRED!

So so tired. Community choir with about 100 people from 5th class to senior citizens. All I want to do is sleep now. And I can’t eat lunch because I feel like hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

So so tired. Community choir with about 100 people from 5th class to senior citizens. All I want to do is sleep now. And I can’t eat lunch because I feel like hurling

At least it’s behind you now!!!

Stick on a DVD for your classes this afternoon!!!

Crisps are no longer my friend - my god the heartburn!! :eek::eek:

At least it’s behind you now!!!

Stick on a DVD for your classes this afternoon!!!

5th years and double 6th so not an option. Finally done now after a race to the post office for the SEC

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Nasty little feckers... Dreading what they will be like by 40 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Roid rage! So annoyed

For the haemorrhoids I highly recommend getting a stool for your feet. I'm using my toddlers potty stool and it helps a lot with having the correct position. Also if you aren't taking it, I had to take a stool softener for a lot of my first pregnancy and post partum period. It was better than the alternative pain

For the haemorrhoids I highly recommend getting a stool for your feet. I'm using my toddlers potty stool and it helps a lot with having the correct position. Also if you aren't taking it, I had to take a stool softener for a lot of my first pregnancy and post partum period. It was better than the alternative pain

Second the stool. Helps make a difference i find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Have the stool, thankfully it was a quick flare up and all is right in loo land once more :pac:

Advertisement