Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

34 weeks with a persistent cough I can't get rid of. Just woke up in a coughing fit feeling like I couldn't breathe and my poor pelvic floor muscles are shot to pieces. Argh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

This is going to sound trivial but one of the hardest things to cope with for me is the inability to take effective pain relief while pregnant :( I'm on Day 3 of an absolutely chronic headache which I'm sure is down to a sinus infection. I'm treating it intermittently with sinus rinse and paracetamol but the recurring pain is driving me to distraction. Normally with something like that I'd be throwing back Nurofen Plus but when pregnant we're just expected to get on with it. Hmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Does insomnia get any better?! Every night this week I've woken at 3/4am for at least 2 hours. Obviously lying here on my phone isn't doing me any favours but I'm wide awake!!! Off work until Monday week luckily but I hope there's an end in sight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

insomnia and heart burn, rennie no longer works and so far, gaviscon is not my friend!!

shakencat wrote:
    insomnia and heart burn, rennie no longer works and so far, gaviscon is not my friend!!

Oh no are you taking gaviscon liquid or tablets? I find the tablets great much better than rennies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Does insomnia get any better?! Every night this week I've woken at 3/4am for at least 2 hours. Obviously lying here on my phone isn't doing me any favours but I'm wide awake!!! Off work until Monday week luckily but I hope there's an end in sight!!!

I’ve gone through spells of insomnia like this on both of my pregnancies. Usually early on in first trimester due to excitement/nerves/inability to shut my brain off, and then further into pregnancy due to various aches and pains and toilet trips and heartburn and god knows what else.

Each spell usually lasted between 2 or 3 nights and 2 or 3 weeks and then eased up. The last few weeks, I’ve been sleeping like I’m dead for 10-11 hours, apart from toilet trips (4 a night at the moment!).

I’m sure you’ve probably looked into things like guided meditations, but they can really help. A long bath before bed, reading until you start to drift off, and not looking at your phone for an hour before bed. Also, if you’re lying there frustrated then just get up and do something else for a while and try again.

Make the most of the ability to just rest up and nap during the day too. It’s a luxury you only get to enjoy on your first baby, so relish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

This is going to sound trivial but one of the hardest things to cope with for me is the inability to take effective pain relief while pregnant :( I'm on Day 3 of an absolutely chronic headache which I'm sure is down to a sinus infection. I'm treating it intermittently with sinus rinse and paracetamol but the recurring pain is driving me to distraction. Normally with something like that I'd be throwing back Nurofen Plus but when pregnant we're just expected to get on with it. Hmph.

I suffered quite badly with ongoing headaches during pregnancy, especially the 3rd trimester. I'd suggest talking to your doctor about it if they persist as mine said I was fine to take solphadeine when they got really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

No insomnia as such, but plenty of broken nights due to really vivid dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Cash_Q wrote:
    Oh no are you taking gaviscon liquid or tablets? I find the tablets great much better than rennies

I've only tried liquid gaviscon.. only saw they did tablets when I went googling this morning at 4am!
    I'll be investing them today!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

Grrrrrr!!!!
    I'm currently 39 weeks and on my maternity leave, so I'm trying to busy myself with lots of walking and trips to the shops. Being a huge big pregnant woman, I'm currently ''shopping'' for things for pregnant women. Boots Pharmacy.....why oh why are you stocking breast pads, maternity pads, breast creams etc on the f**cking bottom shelves in your stores???!!!! H&M St Stephens Green, why are YOU stocking your maternity wear on over stuffed racks? Racks that are also far too high! I'm 5.9, I never struggle to reach for things but holy hell!!!! It is hard enough to get around, all I want to do is browse shops comfortably, but i find myself having to stretch up high or bend down low to get at the thing I'm looking at!!! I wish stores just took a moment to think about what type of person comes in to buy certain products.
    Products for pregnant women should be placed at an easy to reach level, maybe then we can actually reach for the thing and spend a bit of money. Rant over!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh that’s a great rant!! I’ll add to the boots rant. Went in for sea sickness bands. They only had two packs left the same. Moaned about the price to myself. Picked one up. Went to checkout and rang it through the self service (Liffey valley). Wondered why it was 3e cheaper only to realise some idiot stocked the kids travel sickness bands in the maternity section

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I think my local H&M won the "stupid" prize when they moved all maternity stuff out of the kids section downstairs, and upstairs to the men's section.
    The shop only has stairs in it.Buried at the back is a single small built in lift for wheelchair users.
    I discovered this move when I was pregnant with my second, and wheeling my (small) first around in a buggy, and gave serious consideration to complaining.The nature of the complaint would have been along the lines of ....how stupid are you??
    Thankfully this time round I see the maternity rack has reappeared in the kids section.Happy pregnant lady here!!!!
    My other complaint is parking in carparks and coming back to discover the person next to you has parked practically on top of the driver's side door, and I can't get back in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Eating healthy - finding it next to impossible! The sight of a vegetable or fresh meat is just so offputting! Thought it would disappear after first trimester but second hasn't been any better. If the food is beige it appeals to me if not it doesnt is basically where im at right now! Everyone keeps asking me how the healthy eating is going!! I loved salads and veg before pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Currently 7 +2 with my third child - have a 2 year old and an almost 4 year old. The bloody humidity is killing me. It’s not as though early pregnancy isn’t draining enough already but this weather could make me cry.
    Actually lots of things could make me cry right now.
    Have a lot of nausea on my first pregnancy, viscuous vomiting all day on my second for approx 30 weeks and in the last day or so the nausea has kicked in again on this one too.
    I’m dreaming of being able to go home to my lovely bed, climb in and sleep for approx 7 weeks.

Oh I knew there used to be a pregnant womans moan thread lol!

Thats rough going Penny Dreadful. I do feel you, dreamt last night it was September and I was nearly there. Instead I woke up and its still July. Its going to be a looooooong 12 weeks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Pennydreadful our no.3 arrived ten weeks ago, age gaps are the same.The actual relief of getting him out and getting my body back!!!And about four weeks after the birth when I started to be able to move normally again, was fantastic.It was absolutely never-ending waiting for him, but hang in there!

There won't be any more.I can't be pregnant with three small kids, never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats Penny!! We were on June 2016 together. I’m due #3 in November and Betsie is back for #4 too, so back on the same thread again :D

It’s tough going this time for sure, the first trimester nearly killed me with two smallies but the second trimester has been very kind to me! Moan away and thanks for ressurecting this thread, had completely forgotten about it!!

shesty wrote: »

I’m coming around to this way of thinking when a fourth would have interested me before. I’m not sure I could do it again. My husband is wary of me because I’m only 32 so another few years could change my mind, he’s 40 soon and is adamant we’re done! Poor chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Ohhh... a thread to moan in. :pac:

The heat/humidity yesterday nearly killed me. Exactly a month to go to my due date. On top of everything my 2 year old decided categorically yesterday that she wanted to use the toilet and was done with nappies... I was planning on waiting til a month or so after the baby had arrived when she would be 2 and 6-7 months... so spent a good amount of the day cleaning up puddles. Also a potty wont do, that's only for babies, it must be the big toilet:rolleyes:. Argh!

At least she's in the crèche today will be interesting to see how she gets on there :pac:

I had planned to get my hospital bag packed and all the baby stuff taken out of the attic and washed this weekend. Husband got the stuff out and I got most of it washed... but its now scattered in a big unorganised heaps around the house, with the fabric bits not attached to the plastic bits and the hospital bag still remains unpacked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I said that too shesty number 4 here took a while to come around to it but I'm enjoying every minute of it now, don't get me wrong it's so tough with 3 small ones to look after too but I'm getting there.

Welcome back penny and massive congratulations, the humidity is killing me here too I had 4 showers yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Digs wrote: »
    Congrats Penny!! We were on June 2016 together. I’m due #3 in November and Betsie is back for #4 too, so back on the same thread again :D

It’s tough going this time for sure, the first trimester nearly killed me with two smallies but the second trimester has been very kind to me! Moan away and thanks for ressurecting this thread, had completely forgotten about it!!

Seems we’ve all lost the run of ourselves!! It has shocked me how much I forgot about the first 12 weeks or so. I remember it was tough and tiring but the exact difficulty obviously didn’t stay with me.
    Congratulations to every one on their babies and pregnancies. I’ll definitely be done at 3.
    This thread saved my sanity many times before so I was delighted to be able to revive it today.

Digs wrote: »
    I’m coming around to this way of thinking when a fourth would have interested me before. I’m not sure I could do it again. My husband is wary of me because I’m only 32 so another few years could change my mind, he’s 40 soon and is adamant we’re done! Poor chap.

Ah you've life in you yet Digs, I'm 3 years older than you! Husband is equally adamant here - no more.

Betsie, a hazy bit of me thinks ah yeah, another small baby would be lovely (generally kicks in when this little guy is outgrowing things or he's asleep!) but really, no. I want my body and my life back! And we only have so much space (both physical and head space!). The house is full now. The other thing is that this little guy was 10.5lbs, significantly bigger than my other two and I can't risk another as big as him. It was extremely hard on my body in the third trimester (although we didn't know that was why til afterwards, we had no clue of his weight) and although the birth went as well as could be expected, I'd actually be afraid next time round.

That being said, going from 2 to 3 is not that big a leap - the hard part is now when he's small and your hands are full of him all the time! But otherwise, it's not so bad. I don't envy you all being pregnant in this weather, it's not nice.

That’s the important bit for me alright Shesty. The getting my body and my life back bit. I started a bit earlier than my friends did and missed out on stuff because I was having babies. Whereas they’re starting now and I’m close to finishing. Starting off my 40’s with a 13, 10 & an 8 yr old is very attractive. Throwing a 4th in at some stage could really upset that plan haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

6-8w left to go and so fed up. I just want bubs to be here on my breast and this ever growing purple mottled bump to be gone. If I could make my partner disappear too that'd be fantastic. :(

It’s too HOT today. It’s so bloody uncomfortable I feel like I can’t breathe. Did a playcentre this morning with the three year old and I’m now like a zombie with exhaustion. Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Amber 123

I’m too hot and on Wednesday I have to attend a wedding wearing the only half decent dress I could find which I would liken to a tent with a floral pattern on it. Hurray!

Girls, I am not pregnant and I have been covered in a sheen of sweat since I fed the baby at 08:30am.(never mind yesterday and Saturday).Just out walking on the beach,there's a great breeze but it's a HOT breeze.Honest to god, you all have my sympathy, it's not good pregnancy weather.

It’s too HOT today. It’s so bloody uncomfortable I feel like I can’t breathe. Did a playcentre this morning with the three year old and I’m now like a zombie with exhaustion. Grrr

I stepped outside to the wheelie bin and couldn't believe the heat, not going outside again today!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Honest to god, you all have my sympathy, it's not good pregnancy weather.

This, even wearing my almost 6 month old in a sling is a total sweat fest at the moment. 27c and humid while chasing 2 smallies sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

I've the fan blowing in the bedroom to cool down my cuddly cosleeper baby (dear baby - are you sure you wouldn't be happier in your cot?!)

Not pregnant but was this time last year and it wasn't too hot a summer - you definitely have my sympathy!

Advertisement