Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

mum2be wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and wondering if it's normal to have a huge belly in the afternoon/evening but to have none in the morning? I feel like a whale in the evening and look really pregnant but t.g. it's gone in the morning or i'd have to tell people about it.
    Trying really hard to keep food down and am so tired. I guess it's not too bad reading what others are going through. just looking forward to having more energy soon.
    :)

The pregnancy hormones relax muscles and tissue, including the bowel, which means that your digestive system is slowed down. This causes indigestion, bloating and so on.

You'll soon be over the worst of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I feel like crap. I gained 4 stone during my 1st pregnancy and vowed NEVER to do that again but all I want to eat now is chips and crap and I can feel every calorie :( it took so much to get this weight off and i'm really not liking this putting weight on malarchy.
    Can't wait to start pregnancy yoga in around 3-4 wks.

And what the hell, why does my body want to confuse me 'hey i'm gona make you feel really sick if you don't eat but i'm going to be an extra asshole and make you feel sick at the sight of food too:pac:' :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My skin is so bad :( I feel like a feckin 14 year old again.. No matter what I do, I tried eating loads of fruit last week and I just ended up with an all mighty dose of gas :eek: I thought the sun would clear it up when I went on my Hols the week before but no joy.. it's only in patches on my chin and under my nose but it's really red and angry looking.. SO ugly !!!!!

Thank God for foundation and concealer, that's all I can say.. Roll on December, much as I'm dyin to meet my little one, I also can't wait to get back to my old self.. I'm so tired of feeling bloated.. I feel like a heffer, I tried getting dolled up and going out with friends last week, bought a new strappy dress and my arms looked massive in it :eek: Bingo wings 'R' us :mad: AAARrrrrrrgghhh

Tick feckin Tock .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

xzanti wrote: »
    My skin is so bad :( I feel like a feckin 14 year old again.. No matter what I do, I tried eating loads of fruit last week and I just ended up with an all mighty dose of gas :eek: I thought the sun would clear it up when I went on my Hols the week before but no joy.. it's only in patches on my chin and under my nose but it's really red and angry looking.. SO ugly !!!!!

Thank God for foundation and concealer, that's all I can say.. Roll on December, much as I'm dyin to meet my little one, I also can't wait to get back to my old self.. I'm so tired of feeling bloated.. I feel like a heffer, I tried getting dolled up and going out with friends last week, bought a new strappy dress and my arms looked massive in it :eek: Bingo wings 'R' us :mad: AAARrrrrrrgghhh

Tick feckin Tock .......
    Whenever it gets tough just think of the kicks and your beautiful child...you do not look fat, you are pregnant and beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mum2be

hi, i'm back again with another question. i used to experience this particular problem/soreness in my breasts before if i got really cold, eg after swimming or on a cold winter morning. it was never a problem and i just got on with things. however, since i got pregnant it's been unbearable. at the slightest touch of cold, and i mean evening opening the window in the kitchen while i'm cooking or walking outside to the car, can set it off. it's been happening up to 6 or 7 times a day and the only way i can alleviate the pain is to take my breasts out of the bra cup and rub and pinch them. you can imagine how awkward and embarrassing this is. i've tried layering vests, cardigans and scarves but nothing works. i've experienced tenderness in my breasts also but this pain because of the cold is totally different. somebody please tell me this will pass after the first trimester!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

no idea if it will but i know that you can buy breastfeeding tops with extra fleece in the boob area to keep them warm. like this one:
    http://www.onceborn.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=195
    I guess you get increased blood flow all over so if you have sensitivities they might be increased
    good luck

I keep waking up every morning with really sore stiff knuckles :( it's getting a little worse every morning.. This morning I could hardly move my fingers, it's very annoying.. It usually eases off once I've been moving them for a while but it almost feels like I have Arthritis or something :o:confused:

I asked the Doctor about it on my last Hospital visit and she said it was normal and it's due to a build up of fluid in the hand but any other women I've mentioned it to have said they never had it..

Anyone here ever had it? And did you find any remedies for it?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

10 weeks and very big already - a lot of weight on already - nearly 3/4 stone. Early scan confirned all ok but the tiredness is unreal. Feeli like i am eating loads just to stay awake. I was reading through some of the other posts. There is worse to follow it seems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

May79 just look forward to 2nd semester. It's so completely and you'll get your energy levels back. My appetite has calmed down a lot and I'm really just eating normal portions now so don't get too hung up on weight gain. If your body says it needs food then go with it. Everything stabilises after 12-14weeks.

I honestly feel so full of energy right now at 21 weeks it's amazing compared to how I felt up to wk 13.
    I also found the growing petered out a bit too and while my tummy was growing i stopped feeling like an ever expanding elephant.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

22 weeks and still wrecked but over the complete exhaustion.
    Food is still a need but something the idea of is enough to make me sick,and what I do like is off course not healthy!!!
    Struggling with the early mornings and commuting to work.
    Bump to me is huge but to quote everyone else is "neat" I tend to show really early but never get huge.
    Think I have put on about 3kg,doing alot better then last time sickness wise not been violently sick constanlty for the whole pregnancy this time:)
    Role on January:)

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Moonbeam. I guess I'm very lucky so.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I may be only 5 wks and 3 d but god this tiredness is unreal?
    I have been going to bed at half 9 all week!
    I havent done that since I was in School??!

Upside I have been completely turned off junk food for the moment anyway!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I may be only 5 wks and 3 d but god this tiredness is unreal?
    I have been going to bed at half 9 all week!
    I havent done that since I was in School??!

Upside I have been completely turned off junk food for the moment anyway!:rolleyes:

Totally normal, I more or less lived on the sofa for the first while. Take it easy on yourself - sleep if you want to, let someone else mind you if you can, and eat what and when you feel like - healthily if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I keep waking up every morning with really sore stiff knuckles :( it's getting a little worse every morning.. This morning I could hardly move my fingers, it's very annoying.. It usually eases off once I've been moving them for a while but it almost feels like I have Arthritis or something :o:confused:

I asked the Doctor about it on my last Hospital visit and she said it was normal and it's due to a build up of fluid in the hand but any other women I've mentioned it to have said they never had it..

Anyone here ever had it? And did you find any remedies for it?? :o

Hi there,
    A friend of mine is pregnant at the moment and due in about 6 weeks but has had a similar problem for the last while.....sore stiff hands and wrists and also getting pins and needles in them. She was told its Carpel Tunnel syndrome. She has been given splints to wear, but has said they dont make a huge amount of difference but that the problem should go as soon as she has the baby!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ugh I have damaged the ligaments in my hip due to pregnancy am now hobbling about like an oul one.
    Ah well,baba bump is all healthy and it is Friday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Moonbeam wrote: »
    ugh I have damaged the ligaments in my hip due to pregnancy am now hobbling about like an oul one.
    Huge hugs to you from me and baby Shane.

Hi there,
    A friend of mine is pregnant at the moment and due in about 6 weeks but has had a similar problem for the last while.....sore stiff hands and wrists and also getting pins and needles in them. She was told its Carpel Tunnel syndrome. She has been given splints to wear, but has said they dont make a huge amount of difference but that the problem should go as soon as she has the baby!
    Yeah I was thinking it could be CTS alright but I've been reading up on the net and I don't see anywhere that links stiff or painful knuckles to it, just numbness and pins & needles.. :o I really hope it doesn't get any worse.. When I wake up at night I literally can't move my middle and index fingers at this stage :eek:

after 2 children and now almost 4 yrs of nappy changes, today is the day when they start to make my nauseous! only another few months to go ;-(

feel like i am like a beached whale this week. cant imagine how much more i can grow

May79 just look forward to 2nd semester. It's so completely and you'll get your energy levels back. My appetite has calmed down a lot and I'm really just eating normal portions now so don't get too hung up on weight gain. If your body says it needs food then go with it. Everything stabilises after 12-14weeks.

I honestly feel so full of energy right now at 21 weeks it's amazing compared to how I felt up to wk 13.
    I also found the growing petered out a bit too and while my tummy was growing i stopped feeling like an ever expanding elephant.

Thatks for that. I am kinda going with it but feel so daft continuously eating at just 11 weeks and have nothing more than fat collecting!!! Few more weeks it might settle - hopefully.:o

So looking forward to that!!!
    Moonbeam wrote: »

How did that happen? That's so awful and sounds painful. Hope it's easing a little now...
    lynski wrote: »
    feel like i am like a beached whale this week. cant imagine how much more i can grow
    How far are you on? The whale thing doesn't feel so good right..

I had my first scan last week. The baby is 11cm!!!! NONE of the books say that... all 6cm or 7cm. The consultant laughed when i said it to her and said all looks really healthy and i have a big healty bambino as opposed to a little small one that might cause concern. I feel like i'm growing a giant. Both DH and i are 5'5" ---- He wants to know how tall the milk man is haha;)

• Advertisement

With an 11 cm baby it's no wonder you were so hungry all the time :)

I'm 15 weeks now and showing already. I really didn't expect to be in maternity clothes so early on. I've only gained 3lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight but I look like I've gained about a stone!! :o I was really hoping to keep my pregnancy from being generally known about in work for another couple of months. But that is my only moan, since about week 11 I've been feeling great otherwise.

Up a grand total of 5 times last night to pee, my fingers are getting worse.. Had to get the OH to put my shoes on for me this morning and open my vitamin bottles.. Trying to shift positions during the night is agony.. and it's only going to get worse I'd imagine, another 10.5 weeks of sausage fingers and cankles..

:o

Squiggler wrote: »
    With an 11 cm baby it's no wonder you were so hungry all the time :)

I'm 15 weeks now and showing already. I really didn't expect to be in maternity clothes so early on. I've only gained 3lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight but I look like I've gained about a stone!! :o I was really hoping to keep my pregnancy from being generally known about in work for another couple of months. But that is my only moan, since about week 11 I've been feeling great otherwise.

I guess you are right. The weight doesn't bother me too much, only i have to get bigger clothes much sooner than expected. Plenty of walks with baby in pram in April and we'll be grand. It's very hard to keep things a secret from people we work with as they know every move. One girl started keeping rich tea biccies in her desk and one of the LADS commented that she must be pregnant....sure enough, she was... Nothing is sacred :D
    Up a grand total of 5 times last night to pee, my fingers are getting worse.. Had to get the OH to put my shoes on for me this morning and open my vitamin bottles.. Trying to shift positions during the night is agony.. and it's only going to get worse I'd imagine, another 10.5 weeks of sausage fingers and cankles..

:o

Poor you xzanti. 5 times i think i would crack up - Hard to believe how difficult the entire 9-10 months actually is considering we're made to do this job!!!

Up a grand total of 5 times last night to pee

That was me for the first 11 weeks or so, settled down now, really not looking forward to it returning in the later stages. :(
    May79 wrote: »
    It's very hard to keep things a secret from people we work with as they know every move. One girl started keeping rich tea biccies in her desk and one of the LADS commented that she must be pregnant....sure enough, she was... Nothing is sacred :D

Hard to believe how difficult the entire 9-10 months actually is considering we're made to do this job!!!

I know what you mean about work, right now I work in a large company but my team are separate from the rest of them (we were recently absorbed), which has made it easier to keep it to myself. I told my boss and the people I work closely with. But at this rate it is going to be visibly obvious to everyone shortly and we're going to be moving to the main office soon, to make matters worse... so people I work with who don't even know me as a colleague will know that I'm pregnant!

It's not easy to be a woman. I remember my Mum telling my sister that pregnancy means saying goodbye to all remaining shreds of dignity and modesty.

i am 20 wks and i really should not complain, i am still in my jeans, but i was a size 16/18 to start with and have lost 5/6kg since i got pg. bought myslef maternity jeans at the start and they are miles too big.
    Just have a huge tummy and huge chest.
    Have a stinker of a head cold this week so miserable

My hip is much better now thanks:)
    Apparently the ligaments loosen when we are pregnant and can be easier to damage.
    I am 24 weeks:)) and have a lovely bump.
    Finally not having to get up laods of times at night to pee:))

xzanti - hope your fingers are better soon but on the bright side you only have 10 weeks to go \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

hey everyone!
    Im 9 weeks gone on my first pregnancy and im soooo glad to have discovered your little community! as its only immediate family that know our news i think they're already getting fed up of my moaning:D
    so here goes.....I have never been as sick in all my life as i have in these last 3 weeks, as i write im laughing thinking of some of the places i've had to puke in, obviously not funny at the time but sure you either laugh or cry bout it right??!!
    I have survived the last few weeks on mugs of tea, rich tea biscuits, cup a soups and the odd yoghurt....bland and boring:( poor hubby has had to fend for himself as the sight of food is enough to make me weak at the knees, and not in a good way! im sleeping day and night, and its never enough but according to you girls its soon gonna pass soon and i cannot wait:)
    feels like a weight off my shoulders, thanks for listening:D

melsbells - congrats:)
    You now have me laughing to myself about all the places I was sick on my last pregnancy (had it bad the for whole pregnancy) not thinking about this one as it isn't over yet!!
    It gets better though and having a little toddler running rings around me definitely makes it all so worth it:)

Congrats melsbells. Chin up, it does get better. My husband was in danger of malnutrition for the first 12 weeks. I could only eat potatoes-mashed and chipped only. Couldn't even think about meat let alone eat it. Didn't puke thankfully but had a combination of other symptoms which made me feel generally unwell until 13 weeks.

• Advertisement

Just back from my GP.. She said the stiff knuckle thing is NOT normal but until I've had the baby and all the fluid clears we won't know for sure if it's pregnancy related.. She said we can't rule out Arthritis :eek: Can you imagine, trying to look after a little baby with arthritic hands :(

So, swollen fingers crossed it goes away!!!!

There's also sugar in my urine so I'll have to tell them at my next Hospital visit as I could be developing gestational diabetes :( I'm back in there in 2 weeks time.. My partner's Father is a diabetic so I'm going to ask him to check my blood sugar in the meantime..

Advertisement