Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

u poor thing!
    I hope the hands get better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

xzanti wrote: »
    Just back from my GP.. She said the stiff knuckle thing is NOT normal but until I've had the baby and all the fluid clears we won't know for sure if it's pregnancy related.. She said we can't rule out Arthritis :eek: Can you imagine, trying to look after a little baby with arthritic hands :(

So, swollen fingers crossed it goes away!!!!

There's also sugar in my urine so I'll have to tell them at my next Hospital visit as I could be developing gestational diabetes :( I'm back in there in 2 weeks time.. My partner's Father is a diabetic so I'm going to ask him to check my blood sugar in the meantime..
    Hugs! Gestational diabetes is not the worst thing to have if you have it, at least it is being monitored. You are a great mummy to your baby already, giving it a safe home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Hugs! Gestational diabetes is not the worst thing to have if you have it, at least it is being monitored. You are a great mummy to your baby already, giving it a safe home.

Awe thanks missus XX *huggers*

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Just back from my GP.. She said the stiff knuckle thing is NOT normal but until I've had the baby and all the fluid clears we won't know for sure if it's pregnancy related.. She said we can't rule out Arthritis :eek: Can you imagine, trying to look after a little baby with arthritic hands :(

So, swollen fingers crossed it goes away!!!!

There's also sugar in my urine so I'll have to tell them at my next Hospital visit as I could be developing gestational diabetes :( I'm back in there in 2 weeks time.. My partner's Father is a diabetic so I'm going to ask him to check my blood sugar in the meantime..

I was told I have IGT (impaired glucose tolerance) after I had my glucose test at 28 weeks! So I am borderline diabetes! Had a second GTT at 30 weeks and it came back clear so still have IGT! As Cathy said it's not the worst and you will be monitored! Just means you could have a big baby! Just need to watch what you are eating, easier said than done for a pregnant lady!! Im eating everything and anything around me! You never know, you could do the GTT and everything could come back clear!

Was at the doc yesterday for my 38 week check up and have to go back next tuesday when I'll be 39 weeks and they are gonna give me a date to induce me! They aren't gonna let me go over the 40 weeks because of the IGT! Was kinda upset when they said they wanted to induce me because I wanted nature to take its course, but if its the safest for baby then Im all for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

lynski wrote: »
    i am 20 wks and i really should not complain, i am still in my jeans, but i was a size 16/18 to start with and have lost 5/6kg since i got pg. bought myslef maternity jeans at the start and they are miles too big.
    Just have a huge tummy and huge chest.
    Have a stinker of a head cold this week so miserable

Pleanty of rest and tlc - after all you both need and deserve it!
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    My hip is much better now thanks:)
    Apparently the ligaments loosen when we are pregnant and can be easier to damage.
    I am 24 weeks:)) and have a lovely bump.
    Finally not having to get up laods of times at night to pee:))
    \o/

Glad to hear you have got over the hip problem. Carry a baby on that would not be pleasent...:rolleyes:
    melsbells wrote: »
    hey everyone!
    Im 9 weeks gone on my first pregnancy and im soooo glad to have discovered your little community! as its only immediate family that know our news i think they're already getting fed up of my moaning:D
    so here goes.....I have never been as sick in all my life as i have in these last 3 weeks, as i write im laughing thinking of some of the places i've had to puke in, obviously not funny at the time but sure you either laugh or cry bout it right??!!
    I have survived the last few weeks on mugs of tea, rich tea biscuits, cup a soups and the odd yoghurt....bland and boring:( poor hubby has had to fend for himself as the sight of food is enough to make me weak at the knees, and not in a good way! im sleeping day and night, and its never enough but according to you girls its soon gonna pass soon and i cannot wait:)
    feels like a weight off my shoulders, thanks for listening:D

Welcome melsbels. Your right about this community - When i found it first i thought it was such a god send - It's great to read about other peoples experiences and how they are coping. It's a huge help. This is my first pregnancy and it's freaking me out - in a good way - but knowing that eating a certain way, sleeping too much etc etc is all part of the journey!

xzanti; - sorry to hear that. Hopefull tthe sugar will regulate itself -

Squiggler wrote: »
    It's not easy to be a woman. I remember my Mum telling my sister that pregnancy means saying goodbye to all remaining shreds of dignity and modesty.

It's mortifying when you think about it - so i dont think about it!!! I have already warned DH that he is to be at head height at all times during the labour (6.5 months away yet!!) Any drifting below the waist will end up in a wallop from me :D. I don't think i need to worry though - he's extremely squeamish when it comes to all things girly

• Advertisement

My brain has deteriorated into a pile of mush.. I keep losing things and forgetting stuff :o

Got my Maternity Leave forms all filled in and signed off the the Doctor after a 90 minute wait the other night, went off this morning with the intention of getting them completed in my Head Office.. Got to work to realise I'd walked off without them so I swung by the house on my way out there this evening.. NO SIGN of them anywhere :( can't for the life of me remember what I did with them or even where I had them last.. So frustrating..

Now I have to go back to the Doctor and queu up again to see her.. I thought I could print off a new copy from the net and just get someone in HR to sign that sheet, then 'mix and match' if or when I found the originals.. but apparently my HR Manager is the last port of call and she can't fill anything in without the Doctor's part completed.. :mad:

So long story short.. I've been running around all day like a headless chicken, for nothing.. Grrrrrrrr !!!

Quick update on the diabetes thing.. Had the OH's father test me last night and my blood sugar was 4.5 which is 'very normal' apparently :) so that's one less thing to worry about for now..

Quick update on the diabetes thing.. Had the OH's father test me last night and my blood sugar was 4.5 which is 'very normal' apparently :) so that's one less thing to worry about for now..
    That is great news, they will still keep an eye on your though as it can vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

thanks girls! hubby told me yst that he's made peace with the fact that this will prob be an only child ha ha! the only thing keeping me sane is that PLEASE GOD i've only two weeks left of this sickness, cudn't begin to imagine what mental state i'd be in if i have this for nine months:eek:
    on a totally different topic im wonderin if my aching teeth has anything to do with all the throwing up im doing? thought i read that somewhere but then i read so much at the start that its all a bit fuzzy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MzFit

melsbells wrote: »
    on a totally different topic im wonderin if my aching teeth has anything to do with all the throwing up im doing? thought i read that somewhere but then i read so much at the start that its all a bit fuzzy now!

Could easily be. Vomit is full of stomach acid. Acid eats teeth. It's the same thing as the tooth-in-coca-cola thing we've all heard about.

I have a friend who had long-term bulimia and all that vomiting destroyed her teeth such that she needed a lot of crowns and bridgework. So what you've said makes perfect sense in that context.

• Advertisement

Oh it is the hard belly week for me! solid bump, lots of movement and lots of aches. cant wait for scan this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm smothering with a cold and I can't take anything for it. Grrrr. I just hope it doesn't go into my chest as I'm prone to very chesty coughs after a cold and exputex (sp) is the only thing that works.

in the last week or so my belly feels heavy and huge at night and my skin is being stretched really tight.

On top of all that my back is constantly tired and achey. I'm taking baths and using my hot water bottle but I just can't get it sorted.

Does anyone know if the homemedics massagers are suitable when pregnant? I tried one out in powercity at the weekend and it was really effective at getting into my back and shoulders.

Ok so I think I've figured out what's going on with my skin..

After being quoted €200 over the phone to see a Dermatologist in Dublin, I decided to just google my symptoms.. after a little digging I found it.. I believe I have what is called 'Perioral Dermatitis' sounds lovely doesn't it :o

It's not pregnancy related but the treatment of it (Tetracycline) is a no no while I'm preggers cause it can damage the baba's little teeth :( so I guess I'll have to grin and bare it until I'm baby and breastfeeding free..

In the meantime I'll have to change my skin cleansing routine and cut out certain creams that I've been using to treat the condition, cause apparently this could be making it worse :( Oh dear!!

poor u! and i am giving our about acid!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Anyone experiencing dry nipples? It has started with me past few days and getting a little itchy too. Do i just put bio oil on here too while putting on the bump? Is it normal at all?:confused:

May79 wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing dry nipples? It has started with me past few days and getting a little itchy too. Do i just put bio oil on here too while putting on the bump? Is it normal at all?:confused:

I've been using sweet almond oil on the bump and the boobies since the bump started to appear and I have to say it's great.. I wouldn't bother with Bio Oil it's way to expensive.. The almond oil is about 7.50 in Holland and Barrett and it's a big bottle.. I'm only planning to use Bio Oil if I do get stretch marks, to try and fade them, but as yet I have none :)

As for the dry nips, I haven't experienced any dryness but they do get itchy.. They probably would be dry if I wasn't 'oiling them up' twice a day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sorry I don't have a problem with nipples thank god but I'm moisturising relugiously everyday so my skin is actually in good condition. My boobs and nipples were itchy as hell until recently but that seems to have calmed down now.

My inny belly button is about to become an outy and it looks so weird. I'd say it will have popped out by this time next week. Kinda change looking!

I need a moan so bad as my hubby( who im not sure if i even like anymore:D) has developed selective hearing!
    I know its not as bad as other womens problems, but this sickness is making me crazy. I was accepting my diet was tea, biscuits and yoghurts, low and behold i got up yst and discovered i now cant even keep them down and now im living on lucozade and ovaltine. im friggin starving just nuttin will stay down, and if one more 'do gooder' tells me to try sumtin light on my tummy like toast i'll slap them, do ya not think i've tried that:confused:
    i've just had enough of it, im crying all the time now, i've taking to praying out loud that it'll only be two more weeks but what if it doesn't go....oh lord don't even think of that just on day at a time:rolleyes:

ok on a positive note tho, my bathroom is immaculate!!!!!! one of the good things bout spending so much of my day in there, i've very little sense of smell left but im told our local swimming pool doesn't use as much disenfectant:D:D

melsbells, i was at the baby fair today and bought some lillipops, i tried 2 at the show and they got rid of my acid straight away, and it makes me too nauseous to eat some days. might be worth giving them a try, apparently you can get them in pharmacies.
    HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

lynski wrote: »
    melsbells, i was at the baby fair today and bought some lillipops, i tried 2 at the show and they got rid of my acid straight away, and it makes me too nauseous to eat some days. might be worth giving them a try, apparently you can get them in pharmacies.
    HTH

I bought a pack of these yesterday tasted so nice at the show even better when my sickness kicked in starts from 4 till bed time was able to even eat some dinner last night first time in 2 weeks!! :D

• Advertisement

had one at 2am to get rid of acid going and trying to get some sleep.
    Had to wait until then because they were not frozen until then. Totally worked and I feel better today then i have done in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

So hungry today. It's now 9.26am and I've already eaten my lunch :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

So hungry today. It's now 9.26am and I've already eaten my lunch :-(

You must be on Irish time!

NextSteps wrote: »
    You must be on Irish time!

or pregnant time.. it's always time for munchies when you're preggers :D

Have totally found my appetite again since I discovered lillipops! have one at bedtime and the acid is staying away all the next day too.
    I can eat anything it seems, but i am staying away from chocolate i think it gives me headaches ;-(

thanks for the tip bout the lillipops girls! couldn't find them in a 50 mile radius of my home town as every pregnant woman seems to have clicked to them! however my sister is in cork at the min and she found me a box of them so cant wait for her return tmr!!!!
    discovered gaviscon this mornng aswell, if i take a sip after everything i eat i seem to be able to keep small bits of food down, yah happy days!!!
    am on week 12 now so hopefully not much of this sickness left

hope it works for you. i just had an indian, chicken tikka, lamb gost, chicken kumbi everything, oh mmmmmmm cant believe it.

Not a real complaint (we did decide that we wanted one more - that is it) - feel really bad nausea and want to get sick, "morning sickness", ha, that is a joke...it is after 8 now and I want to get sick. I also feel bloated. I just do not want my son to see me unhappy so am trying to smile - daddy Shane, you have been warned, this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

A moan on behalf of my partner who is mad for a good night out and suffering cabin fever badly...

• Advertisement

oh my god! got my lillipops last night, why oh why did i not discover you 5 weeks ago:rolleyes: they are a godsend, not so great yst but then i did put in a terrible day, but today oh wow, i got up and cooked a full brekkie for husband,sister and the new boyf, even had a rasher,sausage and egg myself:eek: it tasted soooo good, have had my first piece of chocolate in weeks and just had some homemade boxty and beans! everyone is watching me in awe coz they've gotten so used to the run to toilet after any bit of grub!
    seriously tho i cant believe all i needed was these little pops, don't care if i have to drive the 3 hours to cork to get more i will!!! anyone suffering from the dreaded sickness try these, and to the girls who recommended them to me, im back to normal, thank you;);)

Advertisement