Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Am jealous now I didnt have those lollipops when I had my morning sickness! Dreading that it might come back towards the end, think that happens some people.
    Whats the name of the lollipops just in case!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

glad they are working for you too!
    If you have a pharmacy near you get them to stock them, the details are here http://www.lillipops.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hi all-

My moan is - maternity wear - It is truly dreadful. I got a pair of maternity jeans under bumps from dps (only 15 weeks but none of my own gear will fit) - I wore them 3 times and the elastic bit around the top ripped - i took them back to 3 different store and they don't have right stle/size/leg length etc etc. Other shops i have looked into for tops etc....what sort of over prices c*** are they peddaling as nice comfortable clothing??? It looks dreadful, the colours are rank and the material used is really dribbly stuff that wouldn't flatter a size 8 person let alone females that have different shaped bumps. :mad:So so so angry. Don't even get me started on the price. I went to London and went into a m&ps over there.The clothing was better, cheaper and more flattering. Don't know where there is one in dublin but i will be hunting. The high street is not good at all. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 neillcm

If by m&p's you mean Mamas & Papas...there's one in Dundrum!It's small though so you might not have much selection

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I got a great pair of jeans in Next, they're so comfy, I wear them all the time.. they're the only maternity item I've bought..

I begrudge spending loads on maternity wear that will be useless to me in a few months so I've just been going up a few sizes in normal clothes.. The price of the maternity stuff in some shops is just unreal.. Total rip of..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Grrr don't get me started on maternity wear. Overpriced and frumpy. I know there's really good stuff out there but it's very expensive especially at a time when we're all saving for baby things.

What I've found is, pregnant women don't
    a) work in an office where we have to wear office clothes
    b) go outside in winter so no need fir a warm coat. Next I'm thinking of you in particular!
    c) want to look stylish or get dressed up and are quite happy to wear jeans, jeans, jeans

I've bought some maternity skirts, trousers and dresses for work and buy ordinary lycra long sleeve tops one size bigger from h&m. I have managed to cobble together 5 outfits for work and at the weekends I just slob in my jeans as I don't want to spend too much money in clothes I'll only wear for another 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I totally agree with you How Strange

Finding a coat with a hood for a pregnant women is impossible!!

I've searched websites and hunted clothes shops and still nothing!

I may only 9wks but Im finding it hard to get my current coat to fit as it is,and I dont want to buy a coat that is 4 times to big just so my bump will fit nor do i want to spend 250+ plus on a coat that will only last a season!? Grrr

And you think since there is such a baby boom on at the moment there would be a nicer selection on clothing?

neillcm wrote: »
    If by m&p's you mean Mamas & Papas...there's one in Dundrum!It's small though so you might not have much selection

Yeah i do - i wasn't sure if i was allowed to say the full name... :o

xzanti wrote: »
    I got a great pair of jeans in Next, they're so comfy, I wear them all the time.. they're the only maternity item I've bought..

I begrudge spending loads on maternity wear that will be useless to me in a few months so I've just been going up a few sizes in normal clothes.. The price of the maternity stuff in some shops is just unreal.. Total rip of..

I havn't been in a next big enough to support a decent maternity section - will have to go on the hunt soon.
    Grrr don't get me started on maternity wear. Overpriced and frumpy. I know there's really good stuff out there but it's very expensive especially at a time when we're all saving for baby things.

What I've found is, pregnant women don't
    a) work in an office where we have to wear office clothes
    b) go outside in winter so no need fir a warm coat. Next I'm thinking of you in particular!
    c) want to look stylish or get dressed up and are quite happy to wear jeans, jeans, jeans

I've bought some maternity skirts, trousers and dresses for work and buy ordinary lycra long sleeve tops one size bigger from h&m. I have managed to cobble together 5 outfits for work and at the weekends I just slob in my jeans as I don't want to spend too much money in clothes I'll only wear for another 3 months.

I am so glad there is more than just me getting angry with the state of this!
    I totally agree with you How Strange

Finding a coat with a hood for a pregnant women is impossible!!

I've searched websites and hunted clothes shops and still nothing!

I may only 9wks but Im finding it hard to get my current coat to fit as it is,and I dont want to buy a coat that is 4 times to big just so my bump will fit nor do i want to spend 250+ plus on a coat that will only last a season!? Grrr

And you think since there is such a baby boom on at the moment there would be a nicer selection on clothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I found Next reasonably decent for Jeans, also got a nice pair of black chords there which I can wear to work (smart casual). Both are very comfortable and at less than €30 a pair weren't VERY expensive. The only tops I found so far that weren't ugly or frumpy were in H&M. Got a really cute crisp cotton shirt and a nice knitted tunic, they're both comfortable and flattering (with room to expand - I'm just over 4 months).

Finding decent clothes for work is a chore though. The only suit I've seen so far is in Mothercare, and not cheap, but I might have to bite the bullet as things progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Personally I cannot wait to get back into my own clothes :(

9 more weeks.... i feel like an elephant

I am SOOOOOOOO sick of wearing tracksuit bottoms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

spoke too soon. am bloomin sick again. am so fed up. only 12 weeks gone cant wear any of my jeans:mad:. went to the supermarket for something for hubbys dinner, came out with bread, milk and 12 strawberry yoghurts:D. was in the shop for nearly half an hour just walkin round, wantin to puke in anything resembling a bucket. was so sure the pops were my magic cure, back to work tmr, the thoughts of it.

thanks for the moan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 neillcm

Melsbells I'm with you on the shopping thing!! Have been feeling so bad last few weeks that I haven't made it to the shops at all. So today, to save us from starvation I dragged myself to Dunnes. To fill our empty presses I bought a shocking amount of yoghurts, no milk, bread and a bag of haribo jellies???!!! Before I ran out of the shop afraid I'd either fall asleep or get sick somewhere.

Needless to say we'll be having an interesting dinner tonight.

Ah melsbells you poor thing. You just reminded me when I used to go food shopping and couldn't buy anything because the sight of everything made me feel queasy. My poor husband was in danger of malnutrition from only eating oven chips and fish cakes.

melsbells wrote: »
    spoke too soon. am bloomin sick again. am so fed up. only 12 weeks gone cant wear any of my jeans:mad:. went to the supermarket for something for hubbys dinner, came out with bread, milk and 12 strawberry yoghurts:D. was in the shop for nearly half an hour just walkin round, wantin to puke in anything resembling a bucket. was so sure the pops were my magic cure, back to work tmr, the thoughts of it.

thanks for the moan ;)

I think i am very lucky i don't have that symptom. My heart goes out to you trying to cope with that x.:(
    angelfire9 wrote: »
    Personally I cannot wait to get back into my own clothes :( 9 more weeks.... i feel like an elephantI am SOOOOOOOO sick of wearing tracksuit bottoms!

9 weeks and counting oooh best of luck. You'll be back in your trendy gear in no time angelfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

God when I think back to those days of sickness it seems like a lifetime ago. Hit me from weeks 10-16 but felt like it lasted for months!

Online shopping was my friend in those 6 weeks, couldn't bare to go into a supermarket, walking up every aisle there were things that were turning my stomach.

poor you mel!
    Is anyone else using bellybands - elastic extenders for trousers? finding it great so far as i am not to much bigger then when i got pg - am overweight anyway - but now i have no waist everything falls down all the time - any idea where to get some old-fashioned trousers braces?

May79 wrote: »
    9 weeks and counting oooh best of luck. You'll be back in your trendy gear in no time angelfire.

Trendy gear? I wish!
    I just miss my jeans! :D

Well my skin has cleared up \o/ woohoo.. but I'm finding it really hard to sleep.. doesn't help that himself is a chronic snorer and sleep 'gobbler' *shudder* I had to send him to the spare room last night so I could get a decent sleep :(

I've another 7 weeks to go and I'm going to the loo on average every 30 minutes or so.. So I'm guessing as the baby gets even bigger, that will worsen.. I may aswel just not bother getting up off the pot at all :confused: :eek:

Well my skin has cleared up \o/ woohoo.. but I'm finding it really hard to sleep.. doesn't help that himself is a chronic snorer and sleep 'gobbler' *shudder* I had to send him to the spare room last night so I could get a decent sleep :(

I've another 7 weeks to go and I'm going to the loo on average every 30 minutes or so.. So I'm guessing as the baby gets even bigger, that will worsen.. I may aswel just not bother getting up off the pot at all :confused: :eek:

Yep I know how you feel
    I've been told to expect a 9lb baby so I have set up a library in the ensuite i'm spending so much time in there!! :eek:

• Advertisement

They told me - 3 diff docs/midwifes - that my daugther would be 'at least as big as my sone if not bigger' he was 8lbs 6ozs. she arrives at 7lbs 8ozs.
    not sure if they can really tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

melsbells wrote: »

thanks for the moan ;)

I'm sure you have tried anything and everything to help, so feel free to tell me to go away (nicely or I might cry lol), but I find the only thing that stops me feeling/being sick is a bit of cheddar cheese! Only 9 weeks myself but the last two weeks I have been feeling sick on and off nearly all day, but if I eat a bit of cheese the world is a happy place again for a few hours :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My solution dry crackers and ginger tea.
    Of course now my 21 month old is addicted to crackers but it is a small price to pay;)

on another note I think the horrible all day sickness is back:(

I'm in work and I'm fed up. I'm tired, cranky, have a sore back and have absolutely no motivation to do anything. I was really busy this morning so am exhausted now. I snoozed at my desk after lunch because I couldn't keep my eyes open, then had a packet of hula hoops and just having some chocolate with a cup of tea now.

Not a good day at all. I'm having a massage tonight so that should help the back pain, tomorrows Friday and I'm off next week so it's not all bad. I just wanted to moan a bit!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Joining you for tea and chocolate.
    So tired:(

Oh I love a cup of tea when I hit the 'slump' in work.. I do feel a bit guilty having it though, we're supposed to avoid caffeen aren't we? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Have done the mammy thing with the 2 kids all day, brought them to school done the shopping, done housework, picked them up, brought them to classes and its taken me 1 hr to get into work arriving 30 mins late in poxy traffic, wanting to be sick the whole way in. I am now in work so peeved off, half the work i did last night seems to have mysteriously disappeared and i have to reenter it again. Wont get home till near 10 and it all starts again the morning. ahhhhhhhh, ok rant over, thankyou :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Oh I love a cup of tea when I hit the 'slump' in work.. I do feel a bit guilty having it though, we're supposed to avoid caffeen aren't we? :o

Oh for a cup of tea - a couple of cups a day is OK from what I can gather, however I seem to have developed a complete aversion to tea which is gutting! I love my cup of tea in the morning, it makes me feel human. Seem to be ok if I don't put milk in it but it's just not the same.

I have had my first day of real tiredness, I didn't understand what people meant when they said "have you got the tiredness yet" and now I do. Hopefully it will pass soon enough or I am going to have to take up permanent residence in my beanbag :p

LavaLamp wrote: »
    Oh for a cup of tea - a couple of cups a day is OK from what I can gather, however I seem to have developed a complete aversion to tea which is gutting! I love my cup of tea in the morning, it makes me feel human. Seem to be ok if I don't put milk in it but it's just not the same.

I have had my first day of real tiredness, I didn't understand what people meant when they said "have you got the tiredness yet" and now I do. Hopefully it will pass soon enough or I am going to have to take up permanent residence in my beanbag :p

try some rooibush tea - tastes similar, but very easy on the tum and very refreshing. also called redbush.
    I came on for a total moan. i just cant seem to get anything done. the house is a total kip, i have about 2 weeks worth of laundry piled up - by that i dont mean the last 2 weeks i mean a pile that would take me 2 weeks to do it if i did nothing else!!!, i have forms that need completing, grocery shopping to do, bills that need paying, birthdays to organise and christmas to plan and i cant seem to get anything done! like tonight - sunday is my ironing night, i do the laundry all weekend and iron and sort on sunday after los gone to bed, watch some crap on tv, drink a glass of vino and get stuck in. but tonight babs decides he is going to lie on a nerve causing me a weird, sharp pain in tummy and a panic. I have to lie down for about 2 hrs to ease it and then dd decides she wants up, as she is miserable with conjunctivitis and has been up 3 out of the last 4 night for hours on end.
    So i am on here moaning, all i got done was 3 shirts for oh for this week - he needs 4, the house is still a total kip, the clean clothes are piled high in the spare room and the laundry on ours.
    Every second day it is my back or my pelvis or on of the los keeping me up all night, so i end up not getting anything done - and this is the easy part, in 16/17 weeks i will be trying to do all this and nurse a newborn. how the hell do people hold down fulltime jobs and have small children? really really beyond me. i am missing some gene somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

lynski wrote: »
    try some rooibush tea - tastes similar, but very easy on the tum and very refreshing. also called redbush.
    I came on for a total moan. i just cant seem to get anything done. the house is a total kip, i have about 2 weeks worth of laundry piled up - by that i dont mean the last 2 weeks i mean a pile that would take me 2 weeks to do it if i did nothing else!!!, i have forms that need completing, grocery shopping to do, bills that need paying, birthdays to organise and christmas to plan and i cant seem to get anything done! like tonight - sunday is my ironing night, i do the laundry all weekend and iron and sort on sunday after los gone to bed, watch some crap on tv, drink a glass of vino and get stuck in. but tonight babs decides he is going to lie on a nerve causing me a weird, sharp pain in tummy and a panic. I have to lie down for about 2 hrs to ease it and then dd decides she wants up, as she is miserable with conjunctivitis and has been up 3 out of the last 4 night for hours on end.
    So i am on here moaning, all i got done was 3 shirts for oh for this week - he needs 4, the house is still a total kip, the clean clothes are piled high in the spare room and the laundry on ours.
    Every second day it is my back or my pelvis or on of the los keeping me up all night, so i end up not getting anything done - and this is the easy part, in 16/17 weeks i will be trying to do all this and nurse a newborn. how the hell do people hold down fulltime jobs and have small children? really really beyond me. i am missing some gene somewhere.

Feck the ironing. Wear crumpled clothes. Put your feet up.

Advertisement