Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I went to my doc this morning for a check up and was told I'm either 2 weeks further than my edd or I'm having a big baby. Apparently my bump is 1-2cm bigger than normal for 26wks.

Jebus! How the hell am I supposed to get this baby out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was told at each scan...big baby, small bump, but big baby.

Followed by, are you sure about your dates etc etc.

At one point while the scan was measuring her limbs, my dates went from 3/10/10 to 16/09/10, I nearly fell off the table as that was the day I was supposed to go on maternity leave.

In the end she was 6 ib 7 oz and 2 weeks early, what did your anomaly scan say?

Oh I can thank people now using boards on my iphone!

Anomaly scan showed edd was correct however I've grown quite a lot since then. In fact there has been a substantial growth spurt in the last month. Up until then I was very 'neat'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

all i ever seem to do is moan on here!
    just out of hospital after being in for 3 days for severe dehydration, not sure if i picked up a bug or the sickness is just upping a gear:eek:
    im exhausted now, wish the next few months would go by at warp speed so i can be over this, seeing my little bundle move around on the scan was amazing but im not enjoying being pregnant, me and hubby are together 7yrs and always said no babies, i don't know what changed but this is it, we'll get a puppy if this kid needs a play mate:D

lynski know what you mean bout all piling up, walked into the spare room when i came home from hosp and realised there was no more towels left in the bathroom when i seen the mad green beach towel my hubby obviously resorted to on top of the laundry basket! i had to laugh out loud or else i'd be up for gbh, if anyone seen us using enormous beach towels for showering :rolleyes: but you know what, we're pregnant, we are not super women(tho we give it a good shot most days!) and i know my hubby and prob most men wudnt have been able for for we're going thru, esp for this length of time so maybe we shud stop being so tough on ourselves, i know i will from now on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I saw a beautiful coat today in Dunnes and was afraid to buy it cos trying on clothes when your 33 weeks pregnant is next to impossible
    :(

(Hopefully I'll be able to get one 1/2 price after Christmas) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭apsalar

Hi All.....so pleased can finally join the moans as out of the dicey period:)

I've been dying to moan about hunger.....yup, constantly hungry....grrr...but the morning sickness hasn't gone yet..:(

Struggling to eat full meals and actually woke up starving last night! Taking vitamins etc...but right now would kill to polish off a nice 8 oz steak, chips followed by chocolate gateau without feeling like a little man is doing the samba in my belly!

how are all you for the queesiness? I'm 14 weeks gone and it's hell. Plus the OH is a really rotten cook and the smell of anything cooking sets me off so my family has been living on cereal and take-out! :eek:

This is my first pregnancy like this so very new to me. Feeling sorry for myself..sniff....would love to hear someone else moan....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

in case you missed it you could try lillipops, worked for me for acid induced nausea, worked for some on morning sickness, but not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm hungry, just made my favourite mushroom and scallion omelette and had to give 1/2 to dog (having picked our scallions) cause I couldn't stomach it. It just smelt vile, my favourite smell frying mushroom is now a huge turnoff.
    The only thing my tummy is currently liking is biscuits, crisps, sweets and eddie rockets (last night).
    I'm not getting sick or even that nauseous, I just know if I continue eating I will be, and go right off my food. I force porridge and a small smoothie every morning but the rest is now a struggle.
    Still though I think this is a good sign overall as I'd no real symptoms until now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

i don't really want to moan but i will ;) -

Has anyone been feeling really odd emotionally? My OH trains football teams. He'd be away from the house from maybe 7pm and due to return 1 1/2 or 2 hours later. However, If he is any longer (which is possible with 30 men running round a field and the big manly team talks after) Anyway, i find myself worried sick that he's crossed the hedge or had some sort of a breakdown in the car. It's awful. Normally he could be away for hours and hours and hours and it wouldn't cost me a thought. It's just not like me. I worry constantly.:confused: Not just about him and footie, my sister if she doesn't call when she said she would, or my little bro who is in college, if he doesn't text back straight away i'm phoning him....He's in class or hungover but grand - I can't get over it at all.

great. not even 14 weeks gone and i've had enough. i know i shud be grateful my baby is ok and the worst problem is being sick, but god its tough to be any way upbeat. have taken to crying now with anger cause im so sick, let me go to bed tonight and wake up in may:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Your on the home streach, only 2 weeks at most left of this sickness. Google why your so sick and you'll se how things change in the next few weeks. Promise :)

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Your on the home streach, only 2 weeks at most left of this sickness. Google why your so sick and you'll se how things change in the next few weeks. Promise :)

you know what i think i might be on the start of that stretch, only puked once today! still have the nausea but i think i can cope with that, i was on a morning sickness forum recently and one girl said if you eat exactly what your craving you shud keep it down and bizzarely it works, so be it half a cheese sandwich or a jar of beetroot(which happened in the car park of dunnes today after i did the shopping:D) it seems to stay down.

google reckons being this sick is related to having twins, have had a scan and only one baby, but me sister informed me one can hide behind the other and be missed:eek::eek::eek: is this possible or has my sister got a wicked sense of humour???!!!

It's not really a moan; more of a comment, poor Lily Allen lost her baby over the weekend. She was 6 months pregnant which is what I am at the moment and just reminded me how fragile that little life inside us still is.

It also reminded me not to
    moan too much about my expanding belly, heartburn, back pain etc. They are all signs of a healthy and progressing pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

melsbells wrote: »

google reckons being this sick is related to having twins, have had a scan and only one baby, but me sister informed me one can hide behind the other and be missed:eek::eek::eek: is this possible or has my sister got a wicked sense of humour???!!!

Both, I'd say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Someone said that to me recently as my morning sickness was more like 24hr sickness, twins run in both familys and my partners mother informed me last night she had a scan and it showed one baby couple of months later she saw two babies on scan doctor said it can happen with me ballooning like crazy at the moment theres a possiblity there might be two rather then just the one!!! :eek: Im the same size as my partners sister she's six months and im only 11wks!

Someone said that to me recently as my morning sickness was more like 24hr sickness, twins run in both familys and my partners mother informed me last night she had a scan and it showed one baby couple of months later she saw two babies on scan doctor said it can happen with me ballooning like crazy at the moment theres a possiblity there might be two rather then just the one!!! :eek: Im the same size as my partners sister she's six months and im only 11wks!

yep mine would be bout 18 hours a day, thank god once i sleep it doesn't wake me! have my first app with my doc on the 24th of this month so i'll quiz him well up, considering this is the first and last, twins would wrap up our little family:D mind you considering we hadn't even thought of saving any money before i got preggers we might only be able to afford one!!!!

yep mine would be bout 18 hours a day, thank god once i sleep it doesn't wake me! have my first app with my doc on the 24th of this month so i'll quiz him well up, considering this is the first and last, twins would wrap up our little family:D mind you considering we hadn't even thought of saving any money before i got preggers we might only be able to afford one!!!!

I totally agree it certainly would be first and last. OH would love if we were having twins my reply 'of course you would, your not the one giving birth to them!'

We didnt think it would happen so fast as we just decided to stop taking my pill that month!

I am feeling very fat even tho Ive lose a few pounds thanks to my morning sickness, im in size 16's and I use to be a 10 only two months ago!?! Cant beleive how big my bump is, Ive bought materinty jeans already!

At least my sickness is now down to the morning's and evening's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am thrilled to be having the severe morning sickness, it is the sign of a healthy pregnancy (I do moan about it at the time though) - still have not been able to stomach breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ladies please be wary of googling medical issues, always check with your dr or the hopital,
    it is why we are monitored closely esp in the last trimester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I think I'd have dropped dead of a heart attack if my scan had shown twins :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I think I'd have dropped dead of a heart attack if my scan had shown twins :eek:
    I would have loved to have them but we are only having one baby (we think) - having "bad" morning sickness but that is more because we think that we are having a girl. I am sick with this pregnancy and very tired but am glad to be feeling this way :)

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I am sick with this pregnancy and very tired but am glad to be feeling this way :)

Its so reassuring isn't it? I had such bad morning sickness and was wishing for it to ease and then last weekend wasn't sick at all started to panic!

I was delighted when it came back after a few days :rolleyes: but its certainly dying down now,

@ Anglefire I probably would too!

Have first GP vist this week so I throw it out there at her, so exciting!

It's not really a moan; more of a comment, poor Lily Allen lost her baby over the weekend. She was 6 months pregnant which is what I am at the moment and just reminded me how fragile that little life inside us still is.

It also reminded me not to
    moan too much about my expanding belly, heartburn, back pain etc. They are all signs of a healthy and progressing pregnancy.

I agree how strange - I was so sad to hear that. i'm only 4.5 months and it really shocked me. You imagine you are on the home stretch after 20 weeks - you can start the countdown as they say.

I know this is the MOAN thread, However, i think we're moaning but happy moaning all the same. It's fun to have a community to compare the aches and pains with ;)

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I would have loved to have them but we are only having one baby (we think) - having "bad" morning sickness but that is more because we think that we are having a girl. I am sick with this pregnancy and very tired but am glad to be feeling this way :)
    I sickness a sign of a girl? I nkow an old wives tale but is it really? I only had mild nausea - a boy on it's way maybe???????:)

Oh moan away! My back is so flippin sore, I had heartburn at 7.30 this morning and I just feel like an elephant. Luckily my teeth haven't been affected by pregnancy yet. I've got advanced gum disease so I get them cleaned every 3 months and no problems yet. Was at the dentist this morning for a horrible scrape and polish..urgh!

Yeah a wee moan is good ;);) I am not sore i don't think... Just have a funny stetched too far feeling in my belly. I guess we have a wee growth spurt going on. 17 weeks and counting, plenty more stretching to do :)

I feel like i'm getting away scot free and the symptoms are going to bite me serverly before the next 23 weeks are over! Waiting IMpatiently for the booking for my 20 (/22) week scan. Roll on the next week or so and we'll have a date.
    DH and i want to go to some of the christmas markets in Europe but can't get anything booked because we know this is on the cards :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

28 weeks \o/
    Nauseas,tired and sore! but at least all for the right reasons.
    No idea if baba bump is a boy or a girl but thinking maybe a girl.
    Relieved to be at this stage now and bump recognises big sisters voice and kisses so she is already the best big sister ever as far as I am concerned;)Can't believe she is now 22 months though.

for a change im not really moaning, just realised(14 wks in!) what a huge responsibility being pregnant is. there is nothing at all we can do, except dress like the michelin man, to protect our little ones. its quite scary really. thought someone was outside during the night and i was just mental:eek:, i woke everyone and when hubby wouldn't go look outside i nearly had the coat on me to charge out myself. honestly, if we didn't divorce this morning we never will:D
    it was just a small thing but it really opened my eyes, we can eat well take vitamins, exercise, rub on lotions and potions etc but at the end of the day thats all we can do.

just realised how depressing i sound, good job its not meant to be an uplifting thread:D:D:D

melsbells i know what you mean. I'm more aware of bring injured or hurt because I know I'm carrying a baby. Also I've given up watching current affairs as it upsets me too much to think what kind of country we're bringing a child into. Bottom line I worry about lots more things now because I feel responsible for this little life growing inside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

when my sis was pg she cycled to work 40 mins in London traffic each way upto 6 mths, then she used to go one way one day and the other the next until 8 mths. When she asked her midwife about it she said dont worry I had a girl in last week who went over her handlebars unto her 6mth bump and skidded down the road on the bump with no adverse affects to mom or baby, beyond the scrapes you would expect. we are better protected and so are babs then we realise.

• Advertisement

Good god, I think this babs lies in a starfish position because I'm getting kicked all over. He/she has it's mammy killed with heartburn all day too.

Advertisement