Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Thank God i've only 6 weeks left
    I cant eat ANYTHING without dying of heart burn all day after :(

I swear i'm never doing this again my back aches i'm wrecked not sleeping great and the heart burn is just the icing on the cake!
    OH and did i mention i've NOTHING bought for the babs yet i'll be getting back all the baby basics from SIL i.e moses basket buggy car seat etc but clothes are going to be a pain cos my SIL has 4 girls no baby boys around here at all and i'm still convinced its a boy :eek:

Better get my act together this weekend methinks i've developed a hatred for shopping cos babs is head down and walking is an actual pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Girls seriously try the lillipops for heartburn, works a treat for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Thank God i've only 6 weeks left
    I cant eat ANYTHING without dying of heart burn all day after :(

I swear i'm never doing this again my back aches i'm wrecked not sleeping great and the heart burn is just the icing on the cake!
    OH and did i mention i've NOTHING bought for the babs yet i'll be getting back all the baby basics from SIL i.e moses basket buggy car seat etc but clothes are going to be a pain cos my SIL has 4 girls no baby boys around here at all and i'm still convinced its a boy :eek:

Better get my act together this weekend methinks i've developed a hatred for shopping cos babs is head down and walking is an actual pain :(

Oh my god you poor pet. I feel so sorry for you in so much discomfort (all the while thinking...oh oh...I've to get that far yet!) Hopfully you will have a stress free labour and forget about all of these things when your wee mite arrives ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Am lucky that most of the midwives in the maternity hospital are wonderful and understand me - even the diabetic doctor is great but I was given out to by one for not eating the same amount of carbohydrate at every meal. Well, I am pregnant, I feel extreme nausea a lot of the time, food preferences change from day to day and a food that I might be fine with one day will make me feel ill the following one. Yes, I did a terrible thing and got a cold, yes it affected my diabetes but I can not be doing blood tests every hour at night, it is hard enough to stay awake in the day as is.

I should state that I am loving being pregnant and I really hope that the little one inside me makes it, I just want to enjoy being pregnant.

moan time, so huge today feel like i have grown enormously in the past week. heavy and full and babs is having a little dance in me hopping off the pelvic bone every now and then.
    first time i have felt fed-up!

• Advertisement

Itchy, Itchy ItchyItchyItchyItchyItchyItchyItchyItchyItchyItchy Boobs and nips - driving me INSANE:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Sooooo bloody sick of suffering!! I just manage to get rid of my 24hr sickness and now my allergic reactions are in full swing!!

I finally built up an amune to stuff since I was a child and then I break out from my shampoo, shower gel and my perfume (Ive been wearing for the last 5 years!)

I ache all over knees ache I feel like I've after aging 40 years!

Sooooo bloody sick of suffering!! I just manage to get rid of my 24hr sickness and now my allergic reactions are in full swing!!

I finally built up an amune to stuff since I was a child and then I break out from my shampoo, shower gel and my perfume (Ive been wearing for the last 5 years!)

I ache all over knees ache I feel like I've after aging 40 years!
    Poor you horrible being pg and not able to use your normal stuff. I used the pollenna tabs from nelsons for allergies when i was last pg or mineral salts also helped, the Lipikar range from Roche Posey is great for itchy irritated skin.
    Oh poor you! I use a range called Naked that is 97% natural and sold in Boots, use it on my 2 children too, from birth, and it is brill. There is no perfum, parabens or sls so very little to react too and a good price.
    www.nakedbodycare.co.uk, has more infor

Well I actually got sick for the first time in this pregnancy but that might have been my son's dirty nappy :D I am getting funny cravings and feeling very nauseaus a lot which I am thrilled about. My main moan, if you could call it that, is that I am still worried about my pregnancy, i love my growing baby but am worried for the health of my child but what pregnant woman is not?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

lynski wrote: »
    Poor you horrible being pg and not able to use your normal stuff. I used the pollenna tabs from nelsons for allergies when i was last pg or mineral salts also helped, the Lipikar range from Roche Posey is great for itchy irritated skin.
    Oh poor you! I use a range called Naked that is 97% natural and sold in Boots, use it on my 2 children too, from birth, and it is brill. There is no perfum, parabens or sls so very little to react too and a good price.
    www.nakedbodycare.co.uk, has more infor

Thanks lynski Il defo look into that tomoro skin is sooo raw!

When I was born my mam had to pre wash everything and then use just soap and water to bath me she suffered the same as myself!

so much for sickness running its course I just puked again grrr! Hope it eases over christmas hols its my favourite time of year really hope can enjoy it :D

• Advertisement

Thanks lynski Il defo look into that tomoro skin is sooo raw!

When I was born my mam had to pre wash everything and then use just soap and water to bath me she suffered the same as myself!

so much for sickness running its course I just puked again grrr! Hope it eases over christmas hols its my favourite time of year really hope can enjoy it :D

Just to say that any pharmacy that sells roche posey should give you a decent sized sample to try because it is expensive (20 euro ish) but lasts for ages and ages. Ask for a few the one i use is http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Lipikar/Lipikar-Balm-AP-p607.aspx

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Well I actually got sick for the first time in this pregnancy but that might have been my son's dirty nappy :D I am getting funny cravings and feeling very nauseaus a lot which I am thrilled about. My main moan, if you could call it that, is that I am still worried about my pregnancy, i love my growing baby but am worried for the health of my child but what pregnant woman is not?
    Cathy i hear you, even after 2 perfect children, an anomoly scan and an easy pg with few prob really I still worry that this one will be ok. only 13 wks to go (YIKES :eek:) was looking at christmas and was thinking that I will be 33 wks then.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I know how you feel too Cathy, only coming up to 9 weeks now, but have had light spotting again last two mornings, I know loads of people get it and it doesnt mean anything sometimes but still doesnt stop me worrying like hell!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am used to fitting through narrow spaces,I keep forgetting bump is quite big and hitting bump off things.
    Bump is really low this time,D was a lot higher.
    Lifting a 22 month old isn't so bad but getting out of chairs,upof the floor or up from a lying position is getting so hard,baba is super active though:)
    Dr has never once measured my bump on this pregnancy so dunno if baba is big or small:( this worries me a bit.

Winnie wrote: »
    I know how you feel too Cathy, only coming up to 9 weeks now, but have had light spotting again last two mornings, I know loads of people get it and it doesnt mean anything sometimes but still doesnt stop me worrying like hell!!
    I am petrifed but have to keep on going - this scan on Friday and the one next week are very important (have a very high risk pregnancy).

Hi there. I am 19+3 now and extremely big. (So much so the gp would put me at least 2 weeks further along than my dates would suggest) My question is this, i woke this morning feeling grand. Very well in fact. Now i have what feels like a pressure pain or something just behind my belly button and it's not nice. Feels like something hard pressing from inside out but don't think it could be possible yet. Is it something i should ring gp about? Would it be nothing more than a stretching pain? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

May79 if you're worried go see your gp. I had something similar around the same time except I'd describe it as a scratchy sensation behind my belly button. I wasn't worried so didn't go to my gp.

Also don't worry too much about being told you're too big etc. My gp told me I was measuring 2 weeks more which is physically impossible unless you believe in immaculate conception. she used a measuring tape to measure my bump. Then I said it to the consultant who said according to the scan I was measuring a week less than edd.

Thank for that. Can't get into doc today. She's fully booked. Tomorrow it is. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

May79 wrote: »
    Hi there. I am 19+3 now and extremely big. (So much so the gp would put me at least 2 weeks further along than my dates would suggest) My question is this, i woke this morning feeling grand. Very well in fact. Now i have what feels like a pressure pain or something just behind my belly button and it's not nice. Feels like something hard pressing from inside out but don't think it could be possible yet. Is it something i should ring gp about? Would it be nothing more than a stretching pain? Any advice?

I had a few of those pains turns out the y were braxton hicks, your uterus should be near you belly button (or in my case above the belly button) at 20 weeks, if your Gp in unavailable and your concerned you can phone the maternity hospital and ask for some advice.

Braxton hicks are normal and nothing to worry about.

During my first pregnancy i would get the feeling as if the baby was pushing against my spine and pushing her feet out though the front of me, found out later they were braxton hicks.

My uterus was always bigger than it should have been i got scanned for twins with each pregnancy .

Quote:

•Braxton Hicks contractions are felt as a tightening cramps on the abdomen. The abdominal wall could become like rock solid for a few seconds and then relaxes. When felt with the hand, the hardness could be localized to a part of the uterus. After a few seconds to minutes, the contraction is followed by relaxation

•These contractions could occur as early as the 16th week of pregnancy, but more often after the 20th week

•They present as irregular contractions. This means that there may be no pattern to the manner of contractions. You could have one contraction in every five minutes or every hour. Each contraction could last for a few seconds to minutes. They can keep reoccurring continuously for weeks or months

•The contractions may be significant enough to take your breath away. It could also be felt as a dull ache or even painful. Some expectant mothers have been woken up from their sleep by these contractions

•Braxton Hicks contraction are often felt earlier by expectant mothers who have had previous babies and the pain may be more intense in these mothers

http://www.abdopain.com/braxton-hicks.html

Wow. Wonder would it be that already? The pain has subsided slightly throughout the day but came back but not a real tightening feeling. I will know tomorrow. Have app with doc. I thought it might be growing pains almost but it's fairly well located at one place behind the belly button. Braxton hicks, imagine! That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, painfull but maybe good in a wierd way!....pregnancy progressing really well at that rate:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Getting sleep at night is getting increasingly more difficult.. If I'm unfortunate enough to have rolled onto my back in my sleep I end up stuck there like a beetle on it's back until the OH rolls me over again... and I'm nearly sure I can feel his/her bony little skull lodged in my crotch already when I move a certain way.. Even though I was told on my visit last week that the head is not yet engaged...

Also I'm gaining weight like it's going out of fashion.. I'm hoping it's just fluid.. I've started naming all my chins now at this stage..

One of my co workers told me yesterday that I look like someone who is on the last leg of her pregnancy and she wouldn't be suprised if I went really soon.. God I hope she's right..

xzanti wrote: »
    Getting sleep at night is getting increasingly more difficult.. If I'm unfortunate enough to have rolled onto my back in my sleep I end up stuck there like a beetle on it's back until the OH rolls me over again... and I'm nearly sure I can feel his/her bony little skull lodged in my crotch already when I move a certain way.. Even though I was told on my visit last week that the head is not yet engaged...

Also I'm gaining weight like it's going out of fashion.. I'm hoping it's just fluid.. I've started naming all my chins now at this stage..

One of my co workers told me yesterday that I look like someone who is on the last leg of her pregnancy and she wouldn't be suprised if I went really soon.. God I hope she's right..
    Your pregnancy ticker is funny at the moment - you are on the home stretch and will be seeing your baby soon :) My son was born at 37 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I know what you mean xzanti. I've been feeling like that for weeks now. If I roll over onto my back I wake up with the steer physical effort of having to roll on my side again. Sometimes I can even hear my pelvis click eek. Then sometimes my darling husband decides he wants to colonise the whole bed so I get pushed and beached at the side of it.

I'm 30 wks tomorrow (yay!) but an
    unbroken nights sleep is very unusual
    for me at this stage.

I think I'm going to get one of those pregnancy pillows and see if that helps.

I think I'm going to get one of those pregnancy pillows and see if that helps.
    I got one of those and tbh it was only a hindrance to me.. ended up on the floor the first night I got it.. That's just me though :)

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Your pregnancy ticker is funny at the moment -
    It's exactly how I feel lol... I'm sitting here slugging a mug of raspberry leaf tea as we speak ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Im gonna join ye on the sleep moan..... 35 weeks today and finding it so hard to get a good nights sleep. Turning over in the bed is so difficult and if I don't keep turning I get pains in my hips on whichever side Im lying.
    Ended up with really bad heartburn during the night last night too to top it all off, was up watching "A Place in the Sun" at 3am!

Took a day off work today though and feeling much better for it. Don't like moaning too much cause Im quite liking being pregnant, but definitely the one thing I can't wait for after babs is born is being able to comfortably lie in bed - although the amount of time I get to lie in bed then might be limited :D

Really bad nausea today, told my husband - he said that it is definitly a girl :) Not one of the worst symptoms of pregnancy and at least I am feeling like this :)

sillysocks wrote: »
    I

definitely the one thing I can't wait for after babs is born is being able to comfortably lie in bed - although the amount of time I get to lie in bed then might be limited :D

God yeah, I can't wait to lie on my belly again.. and with regards to the amount of sleep, I'll settle for quality over quantity :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No issues sleeping here,I am utterly exhausted,keep rolling on to my back too but once I sleep couldn't care how or where.
    I got a lovely bed,I managed not to have to get up once during the night,it was truely awesome;)
    Bump is getting huge and heavy.

xzanti - woo hoo your nearly there:) Time has flown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

May79 wrote: »
    Wow. Wonder would it be that already? The pain has subsided slightly throughout the day but came back but not a real tightening feeling. I will know tomorrow. Have app with doc. I thought it might be growing pains almost but it's fairly well located at one place behind the belly button. Braxton hicks, imagine! That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, painfull but maybe good in a wierd way!....pregnancy progressing really well at that rate:rolleyes:

I got branston hicks bang on 20 weeks, I thought they were really uncomfortable. they felt like hollow pains and when I was in labour they really were a similar type pain and not much stronger!!

In the last 10 weeks, every time I went into a meeting in work they kicked off, the other women in there thought I had a kidney infection I was wiggling so much!

By the way the doctor told me they mean nothing as such BUT I had my daughter at 37w 5d......9 weeks ago today!

Advertisement