Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

I need a good moan. im sooooo sick today, am generally sick every day but today i am so light headed aswell as being sick. went to town today had to go to argos and fancied a mc donalds, hubby came too to chauffeur me seeing as i was so bad. ended up stopping nearly every mile to be sick, was stopped by the guards and had to jump out and be sick right beside him( mortified).thankfully it was just a routine thing and hubby had a great chat with him, as i was in the ditch puking, about how much space in the car kids stuff takes up:rolleyes:

the hormones are gone mad though, i cant stop crying now. think im just feeling sorry for myself. its just so hard to get excited in any way when im sick all the time.

ah well there's my moan done for a while;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You poor thing *hugs*
    I remember this with #1 it was so awful and embarassing.
    It does pass though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Awh Melsbells you poor thing! Hopefully it passes for you like it did for me !!

Im so emotional myself crying over everything remotely soppy on TV

OH thinks its funny was crying over beauty and the beast last night lol :D

I seem to be taking everything people say (or write lol) to offence too even though I know its just harmless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

great all day then once i hit 7pm braxton hicks, backache, heartburn, exhaustion all together. could not eat dinner again last night, bad reflux but a lillipop sorted me out Thankfully.

only 12 wks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I got branston hicks bang on 20 weeks, I thought they were really uncomfortable. they felt like hollow pains and when I was in labour they really were a similar type pain and not much stronger!!

In the last 10 weeks, every time I went into a meeting in work they kicked off, the other women in there thought I had a kidney infection I was wiggling so much!

By the way the doctor told me they mean nothing as such BUT I had my daughter at 37w 5d......9 weeks ago today!

That's unreal!! I had my 20 week scan today and it turns out the afterbirth is probably the reason i have yet to feel movement. The baby moved and squirmed around, we got to see all the important parts!!

I am still having quite a few pains and aches around the bellybutton but the midwife didn't seem at all bothered because the scan was showing all ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

thanks girls!!

went for my first proper scan on wed and met the doc, all went well with babs but i've a desperate kidney infection and they put me on strong antibiotics, unfortunately they are just making me vomit even more than normal(god will this ever end?!!!!) so i've decided to stop them till i see my gp on mon, im miserable enough without them adding to the fun.

just wondering ladies when these braxton hicks normally start? does everyone get them?
    am 18 weeks today yippeeee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Melsbells..... not sure when Braxton Hicks normally start but Im 36 weeks now and havent had any yet so everyone doesnt get them (not early on anyway!)

My "moan" today is that I want to go out in the snow and enjoy it, very jealous of everyone else out having fun in it when I'm pretty much housebound in case I fall! No fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Been a while since I posted in here, not too much need to moan lately so I'm lucky!

I'm 40+3 now and fed up. This baby is far too comfortable, don't think he/she is ever going to make a move!!

Also living with my parents atm as it's a lot closer to the hospital. It's nice to be back home but i can't so much as sneeze without my dad freaking out and asking does he need to get the bags!!!:rolleyes:

However, OH is back in wexford and im missing him like crazy. So worried in case I go into labour and he can't get up with the snow and bad roads :( So I'm torn between wanting baby to hurry up and stay there till daddy can get here:o

Went out with the dog earlier for a walk which was lovely so decided to walk the 20 mins down to a friends house for dinner this evening. Slipped, twice!!! :mad: Not too hard a landing though and baby is still kicking so hopefully all is well :o

Feeling terrible for all of ye suffering with nausea and morning sickness still, fingers crossed for you all that it will pass soon!!:)

Lola, met my friend on friday afternoon who was 40 +5 and so fed up and tired etc. she had a sweep that morning and had her little girl yesterday at 5am.
    whatever happens it will all be over this time next week for you and you will be moving on to newborns and toddlers.
    I have a little girl with a terrible cough today, so hard to hear her coughing. I have been dreading one of them getting sick because I am not sure how much energy I have for dealing with it.
    Back to the reflux for me! birthday party for lo yesterday so lots of crap to eat and now really feeling it. Have to get back to the healthy food again.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

sillysocks wrote: »
    My "moan" today is that I want to go out in the snow and enjoy it, very jealous of everyone else out having fun in it when I'm pretty much housebound in case I fall! No fair!

I hear you! If I get told to 'be careful' one more time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 beau_beau

really need help with this. I did the oral glucose tolerance test in hospital. they say my values are 4.2 after fasting and 11.5 after 1 hour and 8.5 after 2 hours. They have diagnosed me with gestational diabetes now. Which has caused me no end of worry. But yet when I look it up on the net it says that my result is only impaired glucose tolerance and not GD. I am so confused and upset does anyone have the right answer??

thanks
    Beau beau

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If I hear the words 'Braxton Hicks' one more time, I'm going to scream :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

beau_beau wrote: »
    really need help with this. I did the oral glucose tolerance test in hospital. they say my values are 4.2 after fasting and 11.5 after 1 hour and 8.5 after 2 hours. They have diagnosed me with gestational diabetes now. Which has caused me no end of worry. But yet when I look it up on the net it says that my result is only impaired glucose tolerance and not GD. I am so confused and upset does anyone have the right answer??

thanks
    Beau beau

i would go with what the treating team tell you, rather than whats posted on a random internet site

internet sites are notoriously inaccurate for medical advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

'BRAXTON HICKS!!'

Seriously braxton hicks are a bloody pain. Never had them on the first two. Had them fairly early on on the last and now have them again on this one. Only 3 days til due date so everytime I get one I'm expecting it to get sore but it doesn't....and that only pisses me off! Want it out now!

sam34 wrote: »
    i would go with what the treating team tell you, rather than whats posted on a random internet site

internet sites are notoriously inaccurate for medical advice
    I would give the hospital a call and ask them for further explanation. A diagnosis of GD has implications for your treatment and care and my remove some birthing choices from you, so it is worth a follow-up call. if you are on combined care call your gp, you may need to ask for a follow-up test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

20 days left and I am SICK of being pregnant
    I can't sleep properly I have heartburn no matter what I eat
    I can't walk more than 5 minutes without needing a loo
    AND

I want to fit into my own clothes again...... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lol soon you will be wanting sleep and hot food and a break;)

I feel your pain Angelfire..... 26 days left for me, feeling massive and having problems sleepng as well. Awake most nights for 2 or 3 hours and have bad pains in my pelvis every time I try to turn over and get comfy. Took today and tomorrow off work so I could rest up and also avoid the ice/snow!.

Have loved being pregnant but glad the end is in sight now..... although not sure I'm ready for a 'real life' baby :eek:
    Need to make a list and get organised for everything I still need

sillysocks wrote: »
    Have loved being pregnant but glad the end is in sight now..... although not sure I'm ready for a 'real life' baby :eek:
    Need to make a list and get organised for everything I still need

I know exactly what you mean, I've been putting off finalising my Hospital bags for ages now, they're still open and half packed :o have all the stuff, I just keep unpacking stuff and then walking off.. I think on some level I'm terrified to zip it up cause I'll feel like "it's time" :eek: Weird or what...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am putting on a bit of weight - I put on most of the weight in the first trimester with my son too but I still feel huge! Thing is that I was underweight with my son so will have to keep up the eating - urgh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Nearing the end of week 24 and beginning to wish that Bun would be just a little bit less active. Kept me awake half the night last night (and Saturday night, and several nights last week). Difficult enough to get up in the dark and drag myself to work in this weather without being sleep deprived on top of it all.

So tired...

have an unbelievably painful 'stitch' under my right rib cage and have a shocking pain in my right shoulder. cried when i got home from a friends house today. Have taken paracetamol and am applying heat packs and deepheat to shoulder. cant wait for ds and dd to go to bed so i can sleep. my oh is staying in moms because he has to go to work tomorrow and we are nicely snowed over here. oh i want to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Nausea all day and am really tired. Thinking that this must be a girl, totally different to the pregnancy with my son. Glad that I am getting the symtoms but feeling really ill all day has been very draining. Nearly at the end of first trimester :D Appointment tomorrow but do not know if we will be able to get there :(

Tired and house bound again:(
    Nearly made it to work,def won't make it tomorrow.
    xzanti - how are you?

can go out, and son can too, but daughter is too small,would be up to her shoulders or even her ears in some places.
    have had visitors and got out on tuesday and thankfully neighbors are making sure we have bread and milk, but not sure how much longer i can stay in.

my small girl is too small for the depth of snow we have but I did get to go to the shop which is about 100m from my door this evening.It was the highlight of my day:)

my one is not even that small! she is 2 and a good height for her age

3am and awake the last two hours :mad:
    Knackered but can't sleep. SPD was really killing me in bed so had to get up and lying on the couch now with a duvet watching tv.
    Can't wait to be able to move around normally once babs arrives.

poor thing. you can make a homemade heat pack from an old sock and some rice or barley. Just make sure it is tied really tightly. I have used a shoe bag as well in the past. put in some lavender oil too to make it smell ok. pop in micro for a minute and it will give you lots of relief.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    xzanti - how are you?
    ]
    Hey :) I'm ok, had a bad nights sleep last night though, couldn't get comfy and had wicked heartburn around 3am so I was up to hunt for Rennies and milk.. Then babs must have thought it was morning cause s/he started having a right kick about.. probably wondering where brekkie was lol.. bless :D

How are you keeping Mrs?

Advertisement