Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

xzanti wrote: »
    ]
    Hey :) I'm ok, had a bad nights sleep last night though, couldn't get comfy and had wicked heartburn around 3am so I was up to hunt for Rennies and milk.. Then babs must have thought it was morning cause s/he started having a right kick about.. probably wondering where brekkie was lol.. bless :D

How are you keeping Mrs?
    My son kicked when my blood sugar was low, this one just kicks all the time :) Have gavason stashes everywhere. Just think, you will be seeing your babies soon :D

I am eating more because of nausea so my weight has gone up - BMI (not that it is relevant in pregnancy) is still only about 23 but I think that I have put on up to 14lb in the first trimester (but I was very light), was the same with my son but I still did not put on enough weight during the pregnancy with him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tired but good:)
    Wish the snow wasn't too deep to go play in!

xzanti - You are now at the stage of the day my little girl was born:)

I hope I go early again.

Thought you all might like this link -
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1203/1224284681446.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

xzanti - You are now ate the stage of the day my little girl was born:)

I hope I go early again.
    Oh I'm living in hope :D doing everything barr the long walks for obvious reasons ;)

When are you due??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Was due my baby yesterday. Been completely housebound since last Friday and getting so pissed off now. Having contractions all the time but they are all over the place and not strong enough and this has been happening for a week. Don't want to go into hospital for a false alarm but don't want to have it in the car on the way in either cos I left it too long! Getting all sorts of aches and pains and starting to walk like John Wayne so I know head is way down. Just want baby out and be able to walk properly again!

foxy06 wrote: »
    Was due my baby yesterday. Been completely housebound since last Friday and getting so pissed off now. Having contractions all the time but they are all over the place and not strong enough and this has been happening for a week. Don't want to go into hospital for a false alarm but don't want to have it in the car on the way in either cos I left it too long! Getting all sorts of aches and pains and starting to walk like John Wayne so I know head is way down. Just want baby out and be able to walk properly again!

Oh nightmare, have you called your Hospital? The midwife would probably tell you to go in just incase.. as you said, you don't want to give birth en route to the ER :o

Is this your first? Are you far from your Hospital?

• Advertisement

Live in Bray and this is no.4. The last was super quick (3cm dialated to holding the baby in 11 mins) when it eventually started but had the same thing, contractions for bout 2 weeks before the real thing. Doing the Domino scheme this time and the midwife called to my house Tuesday (those midwives are bloody brilliant) and she said go in at the first sign and call ambulance if I need to but I could have called an ambulance bout 5 times this week and would have been a false alarm. Think I'm just in a panic because of this weather. Going to take a lot longer to get in and for husband to get here from work.

Jesus this is one big pity party I'm having for myself!!

Ladies, is it normal to turn into a complete and absolute b1tch in the last days of pregnancy?? I don't want ANYONE near me, my OHs sister wanted to call up last night and I went into a complete strop cause I just wanted to have a bath and be by myself.. He had to make my excuses for me in the end and tell her not to call up..

My own Mother is doing my head in re breastfeeding.. I'm still undecided if it's for me, but she just keeps bringing it up.. I wouldn't mind but she didn't bf me or my Sister.. it's really grating on me now.. I can see myself falling out with her over it.. :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrr

I basically just want the whole world to feck off and leave me ALONE!!!!!!!

Anyone else feel like this or is there something wrong with me??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Oh I think my OH will tell you I'm like that as well! :o

He's had to be out a good bit the last few days and evenings and every time he wants to arrange for someone to come over so I wont be on my own but I'd prefer to be on my own. Might be the last chance I get in a long time, and I want to be chilling out and relaxing without having to 'entertain' someone else.

Had a relatively good sleep last night so not too bad today! Packed my bag this afternoon as well so all set now (well as set as I can be anyway).

Ladies, is it normal to turn into a complete and absolute b1tch in the last days of pregnancy?? I don't want ANYONE near me, my OHs sister wanted to call up last night and I went into a complete strop cause I just wanted to have a bath and be by myself.. He had to make my excuses for me in the end and tell her not to call up..

My own Mother is doing my head in re breastfeeding.. I'm still undecided if it's for me, but she just keeps bringing it up.. I wouldn't mind but she didn't bf me or my Sister.. it's really grating on me now.. I can see myself falling out with her over it.. :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrr

I basically just want the whole world to feck off and leave me ALONE!!!!!!!

Anyone else feel like this or is there something wrong with me??? :(

It's not just you anyway. I don't even want my oh near me! In serious bad form and for no particular reason. Just want this child out! Will do anything. Can barely walk around the house and looking after the other kids is becoming a really stressful affair altogether! They seem to want to get fed and changed a lot....!!!

In fairness the older ones have been very helpful lately. I went to bed the other day when the 14 month old was asleep in the buggy downstairs and asked my 9 year old and 6 year old sons to mind him and wake me when he wakes up. I woke upstairs and could hear them all downstairs playing. Think the baby had been up for 20 mins but they didn't want to wake me!! Didn't even think they could get him out of the buggy but there they all were playing with toys on the sitting room floor! If I could just get them to organise the dinner....

sillysocks wrote: »
    Oh I think my OH will tell you I'm like that as well! :o

He's had to be out a good bit the last few days and evenings and every time he wants to arrange for someone to come over so I wont be on my own but I'd prefer to be on my own. Might be the last chance I get in a long time, and I want to be chilling out and relaxing without having to 'entertain' someone else.
    That's it exactly, in a nutshell, my OH is the same, keeps trying to persuade me to let people come up and keep me company.. I just want to be by myself, and go to bed when I want, have a doze on the sofa if I want.. the last thing I want is someone perched on my sofa for the evening, the thought of it makes me weery tbh.. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Same boat here
    As hubby works shifts he doesn't want me to be on my own in case anything happens which is understandable I guess
    SIL dropped over yesterday evening offering to help out if I wanted stuff done around the house nice of her I know but it'd drive me demented I have my own way of doing things so NO i don't want the dishwasher emptied i'll do it myself at least that way I will know where the stuff is!

Thank God it's not just me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I am about to put my head into a wasps nest..

I am a father to be.. and my OH is like a nettle too.. She's due in a few weeks. I've had to go out during the day quite a bit and its really unsettling to know that she's alone and although she is superhuman and all powerful (thats the impression I get from listening to her anyway), the fact that it takes her 5 mins to get out of the couch just sends neanderthal signals to my male brain "that leaving wife on own not good thing to do".

Wouldnt it be worse if us men were in the pub and said to give us a buzz when the child arrives so we can have a look and then go back to the pub :p

Its difficult for you ladies.. we know that, we're just tryin to help :)

Trotter wrote: »
    Its difficult for you ladies.. we know that, we're just tryin to help :)

Oh we know that believe me.. But at this stage in our condition, the phrase "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions" has never been more true ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Oh we know that believe me.. But at this stage in our condition, the phrase "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions" has never been more true ;)

Never has the phrase "Yes Dear" been so crucial in order to avoid serious injury :P

Ah feel sorry for my other half putting up with me but just can't help myself. You poor men...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

xzanti with my first i was so cranky in the end! i stopped answering the phone because my mom was driving me insane 'any news?' F**K OFF IF THERE WAS YOU WOULD FING KNOW FOR F SAKE. and that was 4 yrs ago and i can still feel the irritation.
    My dh was apprehensive too, but i got the bus timetables, got a quote from the local taxi company and had the numbers for the doc, PHN and hospital on the fridge so he felt a little better.
    Near the end with dd i was not at all cranky and i can honestly say it was down to the gentle birth cds because i was so relaxed. son was in fulltime creche, again had all the numbers to hand and knew some neighbors then too so it was not so bad in terms of back-up.
    Have to get it all in place again this time, but am so relaxed again, great sleep with the gb tracks and looking forward to the birth and meeting my little man. my mil is also working parttime so i have access to more help if needed.
    And my mom was getting at me about breastfeeding too, only she could not see the point of it and thought i was stupid to try (not that she actually said that, but she more or less bought me formula) and 4 yrs later, 4 grandchilren in that time (2 to me and 2 to sis) all breastfed and she still can't get her head around it, thinks i am mad to breastfeed the next one. I think i would be mad to do anything else - cant imagine having to sterlise, measure, wash... blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Trotter wrote: »
    Never has the phrase "Yes Dear" been so crucial in order to avoid serious injury :P

I wish the words "yes dear" were banned in our house
    I've heard that so much in the last 2 weeks alone that I wanna scream!!!!!!!!!

lynski wrote: »
    xzanti with my first i was so cranky in the end! i stopped answering the phone because my mom was driving me insane 'any news?' F**K OFF IF THERE WAS YOU WOULD FING KNOW FOR F SAKE.

YES!!!! Thank you, exactly, it's so bloody annoying, makes me want to just turn off my phone and just ring them when the baby arrives.. I don't even see the point in telling them if I get a show tbh, my phone will just keep hopping with calls and texts, and we'll feel like we have to keep giving updates..

My Mother walked the floors of our house when my Sister was having her first, she and my Father didn't sleep a wink that whole night :confused: what's the bloody point? There's nothing they can do? I don't want my OH to have to keep nipping out of the labour ward every hour to update the family.. :rolleyes: :mad:

i was induced and i made sure my oh did not tell my mom. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I AM SOOOOO TIRED!!!!

I havent slept in two days :( My baba seems to think I have to stay awake when they are I cant get comfortable in bed no more and im only 16wks!

Ugh and I am sooo sick of public transport! I almost fainted on my way to work yesterday got off bus just in time and today I opened a window, the only open window on bus, (there was like 30 people downstairs) and some f**ker asked the person beside me to CLOSE the window!!! Even though he saw ME opening it!! :mad: He was lucky the bus was packed I was having a crappy morning and sure would have given him a piece of my very hormonal mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Tired and unbelievably itchy. Only 27 weeks and am told this may last until the baby is born, and no, you can't take anything for it that would actually treat it. I can't sleep!

lipikar baume from la roche posay about €20 from pharmacy, but last for ages and works on most skin irritation. most god pharmacies will give you a decent size sample to get you started. make sure it is the baume one as the other is just mosituriser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

Any one else got wind?!:eek: My poor OH...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I had to get my OH to burp me last night I had wind so bad and couldnt bring it up myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

NextSteps wrote: »
    Tired and unbelievably itchy. Only 27 weeks and am told this may last until the baby is born, and no, you can't take anything for it that would actually treat it. I can't sleep!

Hi,
    Have you been diagnosed with having cholestasis?
    Have a look at this site http://www.itchymoms.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I had to get my OH to burp me last night I had wind so bad and couldnt bring it up myself :o

I've had to ask mine to do that a few times too.

Is anyone else having major trouble sleeping? I'm 25 weeks and for the last week or so I haven't had a single un-interrupted night sleep. If it's not the baby kicking me it's nightmares or cramps. Last night I was awake from just after 2 until 5.30 and then I had to get up at 7.30 to go to work. I am so tired I just feel like crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Nea wrote: »
    Hi,
    Have you been diagnosed with having cholestasis?
    Have a look at this site http://www.itchymoms.com/

They tested for that. I rang the midwives to check if itchiness is normal and they had me go in for a blood test. Looks like it's not that, though. The doctor said it can sometimes be 'just a rash'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I had cholestatis in my last pregnancy but didnt really get itchy.

I am 23 weeks at the minute and will blood tested for cholestasis next month as it tends to appear in the 3rd trimester.My legs are itchy already and am using Aveeno which helps.

Hope this doesnt count as medical advice, just telling my experience:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

Squiggler wrote: »
    I've had to ask mine to do that a few times too.

Is anyone else having major trouble sleeping? I'm 25 weeks and for the last week or so I haven't had a single un-interrupted night sleep. If it's not the baby kicking me it's nightmares or cramps. Last night I was awake from just after 2 until 5.30 and then I had to get up at 7.30 to go to work. I am so tired I just feel like crying.

squiggler im the same, for the last 6 wks or so i havn't slept straight thru! im 20 wks so the baby moving isn't giving me any trouble, but every single night i have to get up between 4 and 6 for a pee, then i might wake again from being too hot/cold, hubby smothering me, sharp cramps etc!!!
    im suffering really bad with desperate sharp pains really low down so sometimes if i move wrong in bed im sitting up nearly crying! like you when the alarm goes off im like wt*:eek:

im also on maxolan for sickness with knocks me out during the day, as if i needed an help:D

rant over!!!

Advertisement