Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

melsbells I remember those cramps. They were so sharp they'd wake me up if I turned over too quickly not to mention leg cramps, being too hot, needing to go to the loo at least once a night.

I thought it would always be that way but over the last couple of months I've had a lot of great nights unbroken sleep so it does get better.

My moan is this bloody weather. I'm so sick of it. Getting in and out of work is so stressful and I'm lucky in the sense that I go from a train to a luas and then straight into work. But the short walk I have is terrible. My oh drops me to the train which is normally a 6min walk.

I almost fell several times today. I'm so afraid I'll slip and break something or hurt the baby.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Mellsbells, they're round ligament pains, they're a killer, I'm still getting them if I suddenly try to roll over at night..

Moan: I've been awake since 3am with heartburn, hunger pangs and just general insomnia :( I finally gave in and came down for a bowl of Weetabix.. Now watching Roadwars or some sh1te :rolleyes: hoping to get back to sleep at some stage.. I'm sure OH thinks I've finally lost my marbles up there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

How Strange, I'm so with you on the weather. Started maternity leave this week and feel like my last few days/weeks of "me time" is slipping by wasted-I hate not being able to go out when I want for fear of falling and our estate is still too bad to take the car out so depending on others for lifts. Frustrating! Had a good cry about it yesterday morning before I even got out of bed-must be the hormones!

Xzanti, you're not the only one up at this time, although it's a sign of the last few weeks that I almost got excited when I saw it was 5am and I hadn't really woken since I went to bed at eleven :-)
    A Place in the Sun has become nightly viewing at this stage-it always seems to be on some channel!

sillysocks wrote: »
    How Strange, I'm so with you on the weather. Started maternity leave this week and feel like my last few days/weeks of "me time" is slipping by wasted-I hate not being able to go out when I want for fear of falling and our estate is still too bad to take the car out so depending on others for lifts. Frustrating! Had a good cry about it yesterday morning before I even got out of bed-must be the hormones!
    !

I had planned on having all of my Xmas shopping done, wrapped and distributed by now :rolleyes: fat chance.. I'm hoping to get out shopping today if it's not too bad.. It never even occured to me that this was going to happen.. just my luck :rolleyes: :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah I had great plans for my few weeks maternity leave before babs arrives. There was a definite improvement in the ice here today so maybe by tonight it might be almost gone (I say in hope!). Can't wait to just hop in the car and drive myself somewhere!

Going for easy Christmas presents this year-mainly online and vouchers, don't have a huge amount to get anyway. Think it's the one year we can get away without people complaining at not getting something more thoughtful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

xzanti wrote: »
    I had planned on having all of my Xmas shopping done, wrapped and distributed by now :rolleyes: fat chance.. I'm hoping to get out shopping today if it's not too bad.. It never even occured to me that this was going to happen.. just my luck :rolleyes: :o

I spent my last two weeks of "freedom" wandering around Charlestown Shopping Centre aimlessly! Everyone I knew worked so couldn't meet them and himself was working away so I was so bored!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It was so so slippy gonig to the train this morning,if I was on my own I would have definately hit the ground.
    Of course being pregnant and nervous probably didn't help.
    2 more weeks to maternity leave:)

Yesterday morning was just crazy. I was so angry because of the state of the footpaths around the city and stressed about falling and hurting myself, the baby or both of us.

Two weeks to go and I just can't wait. I
    don't care if I'm bored out of my mind; it's better than slipping on icy footpaths.

I missed my weekly massage and yoga for last two week because of the weather and my back is v sore now. That's my moan for the day otherwise the sun is shining, the baby is kicking and the ice is disappearing fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

i need another moan cause i think im turning into a monster. i was awake most of last night due to horrible nightmares, really disturbing stuff:(
    ok so i got up this morning and dragged myself to work, didn't take a maxolon coz i needed to be alert(they knock me out), bad idea, it was a seriously long day spent mainly head stuck down the loo, came home and hubby was getting ready to go to a friends party, normally im ok with him going out and me staying home but i just went into hysterics, i balled my eyes out, i dont know why coz i wasnt stopping him go. now i feel a bit bitter, his life hasnt changed, he still has his few pints at the wkend, can eat and drink and sleep normally, i feel bad for being bitchy but im so sad today and probably a bit sorry for myself.

now reading that back i want to shout to myself cop on, he's been so good really considering the sickness and that fact i barely want him in the same bed as me never mind anything else, its been a dry season for him:D
    that coupled with the house being a tip and the laundry not done:rolleyes:

oh god im all over the place, i'd love a beer:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Feel guilty - my husband went out of his way to cook me something that I normally love - when he put it near me I told him that it made me want to get sick. Also am constipated - had some orange juice to hopefully help. I am greatful that I am still getting these symptoms though, they feel like a reassurance.

I was a complete b1tch today :( My husband snapped at me this morning but nothing horrible or anything and I took to the bed. Then I wouldn't speak to him, got myself in a right state and ended up hysterical. Lunatic! If I think about it, the more stressed I am in work and the busier I am running around in general the more likely I am to crash and burn like this.

I feel so sorry for him having to put up with me.

Cathy, I find fibrogel fantastic for constipation. Gentle but good. Drink lots of water with it though or it won't be as effective.

I'm officially overdue.. Kept waking up during the night with periodish sort of pains and kept thinking, 'this is the start of it now'.. then woke up this morning and NOTHING.. also couldn't feel the baby move this morning, I can usually feel the little happy feet dancing away at around 6am when OH is getting up but nadda :eek: so here I am up eating Weetabix and slugging orange juice and now s/he's hopping away in there.. probably hating my guts for ruining his/her lie in :o

Sorry baby XX :pac:

xzanti, eek!! I'm dreading the 'overdue' stage. I'll be noticing every little twinge not to mention being paranoid about absolutely everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Am sooo fed up with all these uncontrolable emotions already and im only 17wks!!

Yesterday went x mas shopping with himself got a lovely 8 piece set in Mothercare for 18e delighted got loads of clothes for himself ask me did i want to have alook in shops for myself said no (feeling very fat everytime i go in so rather avoid) then started bawling when i got home cuz I was the only one not to get something -spoilt brat or what? then i started comparing GIFTS we have bought each other telling himself I was feeling very unappreciate poor man had to listen to me go on for an hr before i finally calm down I felt soo stupid afterwards because I didnt even want anything?? Im such a cranky cow too if u say boo to me in the wrong way Il be offended??

Bad enough suffering STILL with morning sickness, been shattered all the time, getting fat very fast, crying over christmas adverts, but I have to feel like the whole world is against me too??

ugh roll on the weekend already :rolleyes:

Am sooo fed up with all these uncontrolable emotions already and im only 17wks!!

Yesterday went x mas shopping with himself got a lovely 8 piece set in Mothercare for 18e delighted got loads of clothes for himself ask me did i want to have alook in shops for myself said no (feeling very fat everytime i go in so rather avoid) then started bawling when i got home cuz I was the only one not to get something -spoilt brat or what? then i started comparing GIFTS we have bought each other telling himself I was feeling very unappreciate poor man had to listen to me go on for an hr before i finally calm down I felt soo stupid afterwards because I didnt even want anything?? Im such a cranky cow too if u say boo to me in the wrong way Il be offended??

Bad enough suffering STILL with morning sickness, been shattered all the time, getting fat very fast, crying over christmas adverts, but I have to feel like the whole world is against me too??

ugh roll on the weekend already :rolleyes:
    You are not fat, you are pregnant! There are some lovely maternity clothes out there that will flatter your maternity shape and make you feel better. Pregnancy is not easy and "himself" understands that.

I'm officially overdue.. Kept waking up during the night with periodish sort of pains and kept thinking, 'this is the start of it now'.. then woke up this morning and NOTHING.. also couldn't feel the baby move this morning, I can usually feel the little happy feet dancing away at around 6am when OH is getting up but nadda :eek: so here I am up eating Weetabix and slugging orange juice and now s/he's hopping away in there.. probably hating my guts for ruining his/her lie in :o

Sorry baby XX :pac:

Baby going quiet is usually the calm before the storm! Keep an eye on it! Addie was a lazy get, I was hooked up to the trace for 2 hours the morning they were inducing me because they couldn't get that much movement out of her!

Cheers Adrieanne_x, I actually remember a girl at work telling me a similar story about her little one going very quiet.. Maybe soon so :)

I'm back in the Rotunda on Wednesday so if I'm still here I'm going to ask for a sweep.. Will they do that at 3 days OD? Does it hurt?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

CathyMoran wrote: »
    You are not fat, you are pregnant! There are some lovely maternity clothes out there that will flatter your maternity shape and make you feel better. Pregnancy is not easy and "himself" understands that.

Haha Thanks Cathy! I have pick up some lovely and comfy maternity clothes (am in them already) cant wait till my bump looks more like a bump :)
    I had no idea how hard been pregnant was IMO, if anything they should use this as a example for kids to use protection :p

Upside Ive lost 3lbs as per first hospital app since before pregnancy guess my sickness hasnt been all bad ;)

Haha Thanks Cathy! I have pick up some lovely and comfy maternity clothes (am in them already) cant wait till my bump looks more like a bump :)
    I had no idea how hard been pregnant was IMO, if anything they should use this as a example for kids to use protection :p

Upside Ive lost 3lbs as per first hospital app since before pregnancy guess my sickness hasnt been all bad ;)
    I have been in maternity clothes since week 6! People can tell the difference. I wear empire line stuff that I can wear afterwards too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Cheers Adrieanne_x, I actually remember a girl at work telling me a similar story about her little one going very quiet.. Maybe soon so :)

I'm back in the Rotunda on Wednesday so if I'm still here I'm going to ask for a sweep.. Will they do that at 3 days OD? Does it hurt?? :o

James went very quiet just before I went into labour. He found the labour really hard, it was crushing his head for days. It can't be a very nice feeling for them.

Hopefully soon xzanti your little son / daughter will be in your arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I am 12 weeks now and I was walking around the shopping centre and the jeans I was wearing were so uncomfortable, the button was digging into me and everything, so my OH brought me into Mothercare where I bought my first pair of the comfiest maternity jeans there ever was...........I changed into them straight away in the shop........ahhhhh, the relief!!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    James went very quiet just before I went into labour. He found the labour really hard, it was crushing his head for days. It can't be a very nice feeling for them.

:( poor little lamb.. I often wondered is it comfy for them at this stage but I guess if you think about it, it can't be really, can it? :o

Re maternity jeans, I got a pair in h&m around 18 weeks and resisted wearing them for a while thinking I wasn't ready to leave my normal ones yet but the normal ones were either digging into me or falling down cos they were unzipped.

My maternity jeans were so comfie in comparison. They have a band over the belly and I'm still wearing the same ones at 33 weeks. I don't know how I'll get used to normal jeans again.

About clothes shopping, for the first time ever I've zero interest in buying clothes. I just can't be bothered even looking and I'm too far gone to be buying more maternity clothes. As soon as I'm finished up in work I'll probably live in my loungey type pyjama bottoms with hoodies.

This time around I have bought lots, did not but much clothes for 2 years so I guess that I caught up - almost all are clothes that I can wear afterwards. I put on most of my weight in the first trimester and hate tight clothes on my tummy when I am pregnant.

My mother in law said that men prefer boys - has me really upset. I know my husband and I know that he does not care. My daddy and I have always been very close and my husband is like my daddy in that he is a great father too. We have a wonderful son who lights up our days.

Still very sick and fainted a bit but it happened with our son too. Looking forward to seeing if this one is a boy or a girl - looking at tandem buggies. I really love my two children and my husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

CathyMoran wrote: »
    My mother in law said that men prefer boys - has me really upset.

What a horrible thing for anyone to say. I remember when my sister and brother-in-law had their second girl several people commenting to me that my B-i-L must be very disappointed. He what!? He didn't want a son at all, if anything it was my sister and not him who would have liked a boy. When each baby was discovered to be a girl he celebrated.

He doesn't like his surname and once told me that he'd sooner not have children than curse someone else with that surname for the rest of their lives. :D

Anyway, your Mother in Law is wrong. Daddies and Daughters, Mommies and Sons. There were 2 boys and 2 girls in my family and no matter how unbiased my parents tried to be in their love for us all there are still preferences along that well tried and tested line.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ignore her,daddys love their little girls.
    He was wishing she was a girl and is again:)

As you can guess we think that this one is a girl - I love my son but I see no difference between the two, both are children that need good parents. My husband is very like my father in that he is a great hands on daddy. I do not understand why girls would be undervalued and I found it very offensive (she said it front of one of her daugher's too).

I think that some people think that the men would love a little boy so they can do "boy things" (their definition! like play football/rugby/show him how to fix cars etc), truth is that most men don't think like that at all.

Both my girls are total daddys girls and he loves them both so much. It's so amazing to watch the relationships between them growing.

• Advertisement

my ankles itch and are driving me mad!!!!

Advertisement